Is Your "Third Eye" Open?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by BriarRose, Feb 9, 2013.

1. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I have seen the tv show the Listener?

It's about paramedic that has esp.

As far as gift? well It's keep out me trouble

by avoiding problematic people.

Others view this gift as curse. There is member here

I feel does.

I now realize I might be color sensitive.

2. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Shadow, color sensitive in what way? Some people see colors when they hear music.

3. shadowsofmypast

I can't stand bright color at all

especially on buildings "yellow" is

the offensive to me it hurts my eyes

and I get a headache.

4. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

That's interesting. There are commonly held beliefs about why people are attracted to, or repelled by certain colors. Do you think there is a PL reason for you to dislike yellow buildings, or is it related to current personality? It could, of course, be caused by the way light refracts from the color, and strikes the color receptors in your eyes. I think my own color preferences are related to personality.

5. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I opened my 'Third Eye' during meditation some time in my early teens and I (stupidly) couldn't figure out how to close it again. At times when I start looking into past lives and researching the paranormal I get a pressure on my forehead, as if someone is pressing with their thumb and often when it comes to PL things I get an intense pressure on my chest as if someones pressing down on the center with their palm.

Very strange sensations!

I've noticed over the past year (and more so since I've joined this forum!) I've been incredibly in tune to others emotions and sometimes it feels as if I've 'absorbed' the feeling or emotion from them! For example often if someone is upset, I end up feeling the sadness that they're experiencing and shortly after they seem to cheer up considerably.

6. shadowsofmypast

Welcome to the world having esp, empathic,

being a receiver etc.

Absorbed is the perfect word

dealing with feeling various peoples emotions.

there quite few us on here that deal

with this. Some stronger than others.

7. shadowsofmypast

Not make light but ...you pulled a stir of echos on yourself.

If see the movie.? You know what I mean.

8. Johnhermes

Johnhermes New Member

Using dreams is a gateway to opening your third eye. Right now I'm trying to go lucid dreaming. They say by increasing awareness levels is how you can open your third eye and have the ability to see the energetic underlying of the foundation of reality

9. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John,

Welcome to the board! This is a matter of interest to me. If you have some websites you could refer me to I would appreciate it.

Cordially,
    S&S

Johnhermes likes this.
  10. Johnhermes

Johnhermes New Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Oscar FRYE likes this.
  11. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

BriarRose,
    To answer your question yes! very much so. However it took years to have it finally open while physically awake. When we sleep at night the third eye opens up without us knowing at all. Which is why it is called the minds eye. This is the chakra where soul can leave the body to travel within the higher dimensions while it is incarnated in the physical body.

At death soul will leave the body thru the highest chakra obtain during ones lifetime. Which I was surprised to learn. The average human being leaves the body at death thru the third charka as do most infants and children. Which makes senses since the first three chakras ground us to the physical plane and are about survival while here. Those souls that are more advance, which are loving and caring will leave the body at death thru the fourth or fifth charka. And those that are more spiritually enlighten while leave the body thru the third eye or crown charka. These chakra centers are in reality portals for consciousness to shift into the higher dimensions after death. Which is why many while having a NDE will go thru the tunnel and see a light at the end of it. They hear a loud ringing or buzzing sound. This is caused by the astral-mental body detaching from your physical-etheric body.

Soul travels very fast through a long dark tunnel. What this is; is consciousness the soul if you is traveling up the central sushumna channel of the (etheric spine) and out of the highest chakra obtain during ones life. This is what many people experience when seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of a NDE. These charkas are portals into the next dimension. However each chakra leads one to different levels within the higher dimensions. These points of exit allows the consciousness thread to remain connected, which enables "live" perception of the event and subsequent recollection by the waking consciousness after return. Which is why it is called a NDE. If death did occur the silver cord would be snapped. In which case soul could not return to the physical body but remain somewhere within the inner worlds.

So your third eye is a charka point where you can either see into the higher dimensions or exist the physical body into the middle astral worlds or beyond. I know my third eye is open when I see the color blue shaped into a eye! At first I see nothing but blue skies however over time I can either see mental images passing thru my field of vision or images of other places within the higher dimensions. I have yet to learn how to leave the body while awake from this point. I still can't. I can only leave when I have a lucid dream which is my usual trigger for a OBE. But I have come close to it. Once I saw the shape of the eye except it was dark black like a void. At first I was afraid to go thru it but then I relaxed and let the experience take me where it will. As I enter thru the darkness that was the eye I saw small white little lights around me. At first I did not know what they where. But then to my surprised I realized my awareness or consciousness was among the stars. I became to excited over the experience that I felt like I was being pulled back into the body before I could leave. That is as close as I have come to the experience.

Thanks for asking the question. Keep them coming.

Love and peace P.

Jaimie likes this.
  12. Oscar FRYE

Oscar FRYE Active Member

Hi BriarRose,
    It sure is an interesting topic that you put on the table, for people 'gathered' here, that are interested in these kind of things.
    I first saw the term 'the third eye' as a book-title, on my father's a bookshelf. It somehow intrigued me.
    I read the book 20 years later, it was interesting, about a monk in a Tibetan monastry.
    But I think there has been much to do about the author and his story, accused of being purely fiction, written by an Englishman, who has never been to Tibet, etc.
    I am sure that other people around could tell more about it than me.
    Six years ago, during a period that I was meditating every day, steadily, I once, sort of, 'woke up ' or became aware, of a very precise and fine drilling movement, rotating, turning around, moving on my forehead, right in between and slightly above the eye level. I mentally mumbled something to myself like 'you gotta be kiddin'', and knew what was happening, or what was being worked at.
    So I see it primarily as a consequence of our practice, the more you practice, the more likely you are to have these kind of experiences, but personally, I also link to an individual path, to something functional in our life.
    I probably don't think that it's just a mechanical question, like, 'I meditate a lot, so this will most likely happen'.
    On the other hand, we all have great potential, innate abilities, so we decide ourselves how to develop these faculties.
    Sometimes the 'extraordinary' manifests in a person's life, because it's a life-changer, look at the example of Edgar Cayce.

13. Oscar FRYE

Oscar FRYE Active Member

Nice images, I like especially the Assyrian / Babylonian deities, very interesting.

Pinecone History and Symbolism
    [​IMG]

Throughout the span of recorded human history, Pinecones have served as a symbolic representation of Human Enlightenment, the Third Eye and the Pineal Gland.

Conifer Pine Trees are one of the most ancient plant genera on the planet, having existed nearly three times longer than all flowering plant species. The Pinecone is the evolutionary precursor to the flower, and its spines spiral in a perfect Fibonacci sequence in either direction, much like the Sacred Geometry of a rose or a sunflower.

Our “Pine”al Gland, shaped like (and named after) the Pinecone, is at the geometric center of our brain and is intimately linked to our body's perception of light. The Pineal modulates our wake-sleep patterns and circadian rhythms, remains uniquely isolated from the blood-brain barrier system, and receives a higher percentage of blood flow than any other area of the body save the kidneys.

It is considered by many to be our biological Third Eye, the "Seat of the Soul," the “Epicenter of Enlightenment” -- and its sacred symbol throughout history, in cultures around the world, has been the Pinecone.

Jim78 likes this.
  14. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Had it open once, but not for long. Was very confusing, I suddenly could hear random stuff people were thinking and could feel things that weren't there (but had been there in a PL).

Tried to open it lately, using youtube videos. Didn't really work, instead I feel drawn to an Ancient Egyptian Goddess (maybe there is a reason for this, though).

Like someone mentioned in an older post, I sometimes feel pressure in my forehead where the Third Eye is located, sometimes in combination with either a tingling in my fingertips/hands OR with a stomach ache. Seems to indicate SOMETHING PL-related. When I recognize a person, place or time... or rather, some kind of pattern. Unfortunately, I can't tell what, exactly, it means. Would make it way easier not to repeat past "mistakes". Or find the reason why something that happened centuries ago still is affecting me.

Anyway, thanks for this thread and all the links and images.

fireflydancing, Klaud and Speedwell like this.
  15. Pastrunr

Pastrunr Member

Is it possible to lose your 3rd eye while growing up? My sister has 3rd eye when she was a teen. But now that she's 34, she said that she can no longer see anything beyond this realm. Not sure what age her 3rd eye totally stopped but I'll ask her one more time about this.

16. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Most people gradually lose that ability over time

17. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I believe part of that is due to the conditioning early on with the public indoctrination system then later burned out with the garbage that is processed foods while the jobs are having the biggest impact.

18. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Pastrunr, Everyone has the ability to use their 3rd eye as this is where the soul leaves the body during sleep. However for most people it is dormant during the awaken hours on the physical plane. However with practice and use it can be opened up during ones awaken hours.

Sounds like your sister had the natural ability when young but it closed because she was not using it much when she became an adult. As they say if you don't use it you lose it. I have been practicing using mine as I do spiritual exercises to open the 3rd eye so I can learn to soul travel consciously while awake. So far I have been successful in opening it up and seeing things be it mental images floating by, or other places within the inner worlds but I have yet to leave the body thru there still. I can only have an OBE when I lucid dream still it seems. Oh well at least I can see with it. Funny in that it was kind of weird to see while your eyes are shut at first but I got use to it over time. As a child I was able to see auras naturally but the ability faded as I became an adult. I can only see them now with a lot of conscious effort on my part. Guess I'm just being lazy these days.

Love and peace.

P

Last edited: May 7, 2021 at 7:56 PM
    Jim78 likes this.