• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Japanese Noblewoman

I am a Dreamer, I hope you check in, I know it's been awhile since you posted to this thread...


I have found it very useful to sit down and write fiction based on the characterizations of my past lives - not even try to dig into the truth, just write. Yes, most of it turned out to be fiction, and some of it revealed to me what kind of lies I'd love to tell myself about those lives! ;) But, in one instance, what I had thought to be complete invention turned out to be a very obscure and personal piece of information that could be verified - and that was the piece that decided I had found the right direction in my past life recall.


So, do write - and good luck!
 
RemainingSpirit said:
I am a Dreamer, I hope you check in, I know it's been awhile since you posted to this thread...
I'm sorry. I have no further memories concerning my japanese lives so far. I've been rather busy, and haven't had much time to think about it.
 
Hey. This isn't a memory, but an observation.


When I was really young, I'd get panic attacks over the thought of my mum dying or being injured after dark, if she wasn't home by then. Even when she was home, I wouldn't be able to sleep until I was absolutely certain everyone else was asleep, so I could sneak up to her room to check on her. Then I'd go back to my room, and lie down in my bed, where I'd lie there, looking up at the white mosquito netting in the dark, and I'd meditate. I'd close my eyes and envision red 'veins' connecting me to everyone in my family. To my cousins, aunts, uncles and other distant relatives like that, they'd have veins connecting me to them. My mum had an artery connecting me to her, because she mattered more than myself back then (I had a 'mommy's little soldier' complex).


Does anyone else see the similarity between these 'veins' and the japanese 'red thread'?
 
Buddist Monks


Did/do buddist monks take in stray children?


-------------


EDIT:


Ok, I'm getting some flashbacks. Names...


It was the Kawa... something period, and the name Yamaguchi came into my mind. Yamaguchi was close to me, I wasn't too personally attached to him, but he'd smile a lot, down at me, like he was standing on a porch about three feet off the ground, and I was standing in the dirt barefoot, looking up at him with somewhat of a glare. I was small, dirty, and in rags. My hair was black and stringy, oily, perpetually swept away from my face. I was a young boy, and I didn't talk. Much, at least. Only if it was very, very, relevent, would I open my mouth.


I get an image of myself standing in a doorway, the outside behind me, watching a monk in red and yellow meditate curiously, but mostly in a dark mood (like I was constantly) - 'Why are you doing that when you could be doing something else?' - wondering 'aren't you hot? (in those robes)' A was a dark, skinny child, you could see my ribs through my yellowy skin. I wore loose, dark trousers, and a baggy, lighter shirt.


I liked staying around the temple, but I wouldn't take anything from them. I was bitter, for some reason. Died of malnourishment I think. I simply disappeared. Under the porch. Dying put me at peace. Couldn't have been any older than 13. Parentless, or I ran away from home and refused to awknowledge having parents.


I feel like I was chinese, but I'm pretty sure that this took place in Japan. Maybe I was half chinese? Or vietnamese? Nothing else. Just those two possibilities. It felt like I didn't belong there, but the temple felt familiar.
 
Yikes. Doing some research is helping build the story. I think I may know where the 'Kawa' came from.

Kawasaki disease occurs most frequently in Japan, where the disease was first discovered. In the United States, after congenital heart defects, Kawasaki disease is the leading cause of heart disease in children. Most of these patients are younger than age 5. The disease occurs more often in boys than in girls.
Kawasaki disease is a poorly understood illness. The cause has not been determined. It may be an autoimmune disorder. The disorder affects the mucus membranes, lymph nodes, walls of the blood vessels, and the heart.


Kawasaki disease can cause inflammation of blood vessels in the arteries, especially the coronary arteries. This inflammation can lead to aneurysms. An aneurysm can lead to a heart attack, even in young children, although this is rare.
I'm sure a fever would've been noticed, but I was a stubborn kid. If I discovered such a disease in myself, I certainly would've run away from home and refused to aknowledge having a family. I absolutely refused to seem weak. So I'd act like I was normal until I crawled under the porch, smiled, closed my eyes and died.


I never let the monks take me in, because then they'd discover what was wrong with me. I'd sleep at the edge of the woods. I died under the porch because I didn't want to be eaten. I was very feral. I'd yell at dangerous animals, or anything that seemed like a threat. I'd sit at the roots of a tree and sleep. I think there was a certain one I liked. -Which spurs a half-memory of lying limply against the trunk of my favorite tree, fever running high, slumping to the side somewhat, mouth hanging open to breathe, barely able to open my eyes, half-asleep, a monk crouching in front of me, frowning. I think he gave me, or did something to make me better, and I moved to a different tree.


I was determinded to let the disease run it's course. If I survived, I'd go back home. If I died, then I didn't deserve to live.


... sounds like a little samurai, doesn't he?
 
Well I for one don't have much to add to the discussion, I'm not all that familiar with the Japanese culture, so I'm not really in a position to answer any of your questions. However, I'm still reading along with interest, as I'm sure others are too :)


As a child, would you have known that you had this Kawasaki disease by name?
 
Dreamer...The disorder was first described in 1967 by Dr. Tomisaku Kawasaki in Japan. If you had known that you had it, you would have been diagnosed since that time by a well-established medical facility, and you would have received treatment.
 
Nightrain1 said:
Dreamer...The disorder was first described in 1967 by Dr. Tomisaku Kawasaki in Japan. If you had known that you had it, you would have been diagnosed since that time by a well-established medical facility, and you would have received treatment.
Ah. Well, the idea is rather far-fetched. I definately DO know that I died by whittling down to nothing.


I'm actually not too sure if I was japanese or chinese. I just know that there were a lot of mountains. The 19th century seems wrong to me. I think it must've been the 18th... ::researches::


--------


EDIT:


Did foreigners bring disease to asia like they did to america?
 
Columbian Exchange was a dramatically widespread exchange of animals, plants, culture, human populations (including slaves), communicable diseases, and ideas between the Eastern and Western hemispheres (Old World and New World). It was one of the most significant events concerning ecology, agriculture, and culture in all of human history.


More diseases moved from old word to new. Two moved from New world to old - syphilis and yaws
 
Asia was the far east. America, which is the new world. Hence New England, where most of the states and major cities are named for their English or UK counter parts.


But in general, the "visiting" culture was the one that brought diseases with it. So in this case, traders, missionaries and explorers from Europe quite possibly brought diseases to Asia.


If you're confused about being chinese or japanese, take a look at the Han people and culture from china. Most people aren't aware of it, but Han culture is the basis of japanese and most of asia's clothing, writing and so on. Dark wood is very common in China as well.


My previous life was in the early 1900's china. I have a link to blog in my sig and a thread somewhere in here on it. I'd be happy to share my china research if you like.
 
I have minimal connection to past lives in the orient and an almost negative disregard for the entire region...not sure why. My only evident lifetime there was with my now wife playing the same role then and we were subsistence farmers growing rice in paddies...low intensity, calm, relaxed and essentially uneventful. It was remarkable due to the sense of partnership we developed together while the actual surroundings and societal interaction were of no consequence.
 
I don't think the connection and reference has any reflection on the validity of the memories...while in meditation and the akashic records I get all kinds of references to current events, names and situations that "are like" or "are akin to" various issues that I am researching from centuries ago. If it doesn't resonate for you, that is one thing, but that doesn't invalidate the impression received by another.
 
Murasaki


O_O


Omg. I may have just found a link to a past life, the one with the hiragana. I bought a book called 'Living Abroad in Japan' by Ruthy Kanagy (Moon), and I came across a name.


When learning Japanese, I always found the word 'murasaki' (purple) greatly amusing for some reason. I never knew why. I'd just repeat it over and over again because I found the word amusing. 'Mu-RA-SA-ki!' *cue a giggle* 'Mu-ra-sa-ki!' xD I found it really entertaining and amusing for short periods of time. It's a funny-sounding word.


But wait a sec, I found this in this book:


"Heian Period


... Many women of the imperial court produced literature and wrote diaries in the new
kana. The most famous of these writers was Murasaki Shikibu, a woman who wrote the world's first novel (the classic Tale of Genji, about the amorous adventures of Prince Genji) around 1002.


O_O


...wait a sec. The amusing word just popped up as a name as the writer of a story that seems like it would be hilarious.


...I don't believe in coincedences either...
 
Back
Top