• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Life as a Southern Belle

Obie

Member
One of my very few lives as a woman was a life as a southern belle. In it my sister and I came from a rich family but we were very philanthropic in nature. I looked after my sister. My sister in that lifetime is my friend Krissy in this. Now she is the one who looks after me and advises me on lots of things.

I have always been very interested in southern architecture and the southern style of dressing. I find it beautiful.

Do any of you remember having a life in the south? Do you recall lives as southern belle type women? Please share your experiences b/c I'd like to compare some notes. perhaps I can find some of my other siblings from that life on here. I was closest to my sister who is now one of my best friends but I was also very close to my mother and other family members. Overall it was a very happy life full of love and laughter.

whats strange is taht the first bar Krissy and I ever went to together when we first became friends was named The Southern Belle.
 
Hello Obie,


There are many southern memories around the forum, I suggest you try using the search engine. :) Here is one thread about the southern US memories.


I remember two past lives from there, and they both took place in the 1700's, one after the other. In both I was a white daughter/wife of a plantation owner. In the first one I lived in South Carolina and Georgia, in the other one in Louisiana. I was also born in the South of the US in a later incarnation in the 1950's. This time I was African-American.


Karoliina
 
Southern Belle


I notice that a few people have had past lives in the Civil War era. I myself have.


My name was Elaine and I lived on a plantation my father owned in Southern Georgia. I had a little brother named Alexandre. What a handsome little boy he was! I dont recall much before my 15th birthday except that there was a large garden my mother had planted with Azelias and roses and other beautiful flora. I was 5'3" with very long curly brown hair and deep golden-brown eyes. Unlike most of the women in this time, I had a golden tan from sneaking off (quite often) to the river and swimming with a good friend. That river was my refuge. One of the men i was aquainted with, John, a field doctor turned infantry soldier, came back to my home for my 16th birthday. He had a feeling he needed to be there. He was also madly in love with me. He gave me a stationary kit as a gift, very thoughtful of him :)


The night of my 16th birthday two men, I believe to be Yankee soldiers, came up to the house and caught John, Alex, and me on the edge of one of the recently harvested fields. They wanted to kill my brother and me but John stood in front of us and told them they could have him instead. He motioned for us to run and ran we did! They beat him with the butt of their rifles then tied a rope to his ankle and dragged him to the middle of the field. There they got him to come into focus again and had him sit up on his knees. They shot him right in the heart.


Me and Alex ran to the house. The men were aparently satisfied with their kill because they left. Don't ask why cuz i dont know! That night it stormed terribly.


The next morning i snuck out and went to the river to swim and try to get my mind off what had happened. I didnt even notice that the river had risen overnight and went right in. At first i was doing fine, swimming against the current. Then it got bad. I got caught in a bad spot and pulled under by the undertow. I fought to resurface but i only accomplished that after the last breath escaped my lungs.


I remember hovering above my floating corpse and seeing my swimming partner collapsed on the ground crying out my name heartbroken. The memories end there.


I hate knowing what happened in such detail because John, the man who died for me, is my boyfriend right now. We both know it now and it has helped strengthen our relationship but its also sorta odd knowing that he gave his life for me once before.


I've always loved to swim but ever since i figured out how i died, i can barely stand to let my head go under water anymore. Any advice?icon_cry.gificon
 
Hi RiverSpirit, hello and welcome to the forum, thanks for the introduction and sharing your past life memories.


Your situation with your boyfriend is not an uncommon one and I think what he did for you in the past is a great foundation on which to build your relationship together now :thumbsup:


As for your new found fear of water, I think you can overcome this with a bit of determination, after all, those memories of you drowning have always been there ... locked away in your subconscious, so I think just remembering how you died has maybe knocked your confidence a bit, I woudn't think that you have a fully developed 'phobia' of water, maybe a bit of meditation can help you there?


Thanks again for sharing and I hope you enjoy your time here.


Chris :)
 
Hi Riverspirit,


Fascinating memories! Have you done any regression work around it? Are you afraid of water or perhaps your decisions to go swimming that cost you your life? Sometimes fears can be based on the decision made - not the outcome. I am curious.
 
Thanks for the advice Chris! I havent meditated in a while so that should help. It may just be that and in a way that hurts for me. I have alot of pride :o Swimming has always been part of me so I need the help.


On Ophelia's reply, I've never had a professional regression done. Anything I have discovered has been through dreams and personal work. I don't exactly trust counseling people, though if any member does, I don't imply an insult.


Thank you all for your welcoming hearts!
 
Hi RiverSpirit and welcome! You have some vivid memories. Thanks for sharing them. :) I agree with the advice others have given you on overcoming your new hesitation around water. I would probably feel the same upon remembering having drowned.


It's great that you've found John again and have been able to have a relationship this time around. Have you met up with Alex in this life at all? How did that go? Do you remember others from that past life in detail? I know you mentioned your mother's garden.
 
Thank you all for your advice! Right now i can really use the support.


I believe I have found Alex. What is wonderful is that it seems to be my boyfriend's nephew :D He is only 4 and an adorable little child. What is interesting is that my boyfriend hasn't realized it yet! I plan to talk to him about it soon though. I was just naturally drawn to him the first time I met him. He came right to me and hugged me!


I have remembered more, I just didn't want to get off track before. In the parlor was a gorgeous white baby grand piano. My mother played it quite often. If any of you have ever watched Gone With the Wind, my house was a bit smaller than that but it still had the pretty white columns! My father was well respected but sadly I can't remember either of my parents' names. I plan to find out.
 
Welcome Riverspirit....thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy you've reunited with John. This memory can only make your relationship deeper...more spiritual. It sounds as though you have handled the memories quite well. I agree with the others, your fear of water may be a calling, a marker for you to act upon in your life journey. We would love to read more from you.


Tinkerman
 
This past life has been difficult for me to look back on lately.


I have an odd habit of writing my name numerous times. I decided to try it yesterday and after a few minutes I began writing "Elaine" in different styles. All of a sudden the name "Laurent" came to me. It felt so natural to sign my name as "Elaine Laurent". I could be spelling my name a bit wrong since I want to pronounce it as Lor-raunt'. I noticed that quite a few members reside in the UK so maybe you could help me on that : angel


I have a feeling that even though my boyfriend shares my beliefs on reincarnation, he isn't going to like the fact that I believe his nephew is my baby brother, Alex, reincarnate. He is very close to him himself and may feel like I'm trying to steal him away. I don't wish to do that. I simply want to be able to have my brother again.
 
In my current life I lived in Georgia for a while. I still miss it sometimes. In a past life I lived in Charleston, South Carolina. The South is definately special to me.
 
RiverSpirit said:
Do you recall anymore of your life? Maybe we were friends when you lived in Georgia :tongue:
Hello RiverSpirit,


Was the question above meant for me?


I do remember details of that lifetime, but mostly of my youth in South Carolina. Not so much from Georgia, I'm afraid. And I lived there 100 years before the Civil War, so unfortunately we couldn't have known each other. :)


It has been interesting reading your memories. Welcome to the forum. :)


Karoliina
 
Based on the names it sounds like your family was French. Your pronounciation of Laurent is pretty spot on. Not being English-speaking I had to google how you would write the pronounciation phonetically in English, and one site suggested this: luh-RAW(NG)


Karoliina
 
Thank you Karoliina :D I knew it was from one of those 2 countries.


My boyfriend took the news of his nephew being my baby brother reincarnated pretty well. Of course it was a shock to him :laugh: He said it explained how I acted toward the child. I promised him I wouldn't steal him from him... though that doesn't mean I won't spoil him : angel
 
Darn I was hoping we had been friends then! I guess that wouldn't have been such a good thing though because I didn't care much for being a "Lady" :rolleyes:


Oh well, the south always gives a wonderful setting for life. I actualy stay in South Carolina for the summer. I'm here right now! :laugh:
 
Newfound Disappointment


I have tried and tried to do more regression work but to no avail. It seems as though Elaine wants to keep everything else hidden.


I tried to trigger memories by going to a local antique shop that has tons of 19th century items. Apparently I only succeeded in teasing myself by inspecting everything, but not being able to purchase any of the trinkets :tongue:


John reincarnate decided that he did not want to learn more of his p/l so we had to part. So much for a second chance :confused: Anyways, I will post more on here as soon as I learn anything!


Much love!
 
RiverSpirit:


Sorry to hear about your recent break-up with John and your recent unhappiness, but hope you can continue to have contact with John's nephew.


Quiet often a period of unhappiness is quickly followed by a period of discovery and subsequent happiness, such as meeting someone new.


Perhaps in the near future you may meet a new friend or possibly an old friend from a Past Life (PL).


If you keep a positive mindset towards that goal, then it will occur.


Feel free to write again if you have a need to talk to someone, you're among "like minded" people on this Forum who understand.


Best of luck to you in the future! :)
 
The trouble with meeting up with someone from a past life is that we can carry with us our own expectations of that person, which can be a very big mistake. Even if they share our past life memories, they may have a totally different purpose for remembering, and we can't expect them to accept everything we remember. I sometimes think it would be better to assume that everyone we meet in life has has a part to play in our past, as well as our future...then, leave it at that. Ultimately, our path is ours alone, even though we may travel it often with each other. We may be forever linked, but our souls are truly unique!
 
Back
Top