argonne1918 said:
That's why you need to do it in a quiet room, etc. With the phone and TV turned off. Learn to pay attention to the little thoughts that pop into your head. That's where the important clues are.
I always make sure I try doing them at night when everyone else is asleep, everything's silent, and it's dark, so really I'm my own biggest distraction. I'll think of something that I'm unsure of and purposefully reject it, something else will come and I find it too similar to something else, so I stop that too, and so forth. I guess it scares me a bit because I really don't want to think I'm being influenced by the research I've done, but at the same time I don't want to say something made up and turn out to be wrong either.
Guess I may as well say what I saw/thought of, just for kicks, I guess. I feel that after all this time I'm closer to an answer than ever, so there's no giving up now.
Besides the reading in Italian, there was
-walking down a street wearing sunglasses and a scarf or something over my head, I feel like it might have been in Recoleta for some reason but I'm not sure, it had some nice trees growing out of the sidewalk, I was passing by a cafe
-being teased after school as a small kid (7 or 8, give or take), not sure what for
-being in a large, kinda crowded room and facing a windowed door leading to a balcony, it was in the evening and there were people outside cheering, and of all things I remember giving Perón a hug (think it was before some speech, but I wasn't going to go out onto the balcony with him)
-walking with my husband by a river bank of some sort, it wasn't in the city, so I'm guessing we had left for a short time for political reasons or maybe just a vacation.
My mind would randomly go back and forth between these thoughts, and it was nothing like I had ever experienced before when trying to do a regression on my own for sure. The first time I ever regressed was actually by accident, as I was listening to a meditation tape (they basically had the same effect, as I later realized) in my health class a few years back, and I kind of switched between two different memories from the life I had before I ended up in Argentina, so I guess it's not too hard to believe, but this was insane with everything seeming to come in flashes. Once I tried to get out of one, I'd think of another and so forth.