• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

lucid dream about past lives/incarnations

ryan

Member
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I don't know if this is the appropriate sub-forum to post this in, because it's not a memory per se but it's a very vivid encounter with several past lives or incarnations in a lucid dream I had recently. It's the most recent in a series of lucid dreams I had while I was deployed through most of 2011; many of these dreams were like allegories about dying or reincarnating, or involved an afterlife 'bardo' where I met people I seemed to have known before this life, or involved Christian baptismal and eucharistic symbols, which surprised me somewhat because I'm more Buddhist in temperament.

Anyway, the dream started out kind of fuzzy, I wasn't lucid at first. It's probably better just to quote directly from my dream journal: "in a war zone, I had paramilitary training as a young boy. I was captured and sent to a concentration or POW camp. A boy who used to be my friend before the war betrayed me to curry favor with the guard. I escaped. I was shot, but I fled into the ravines, rushing through streams fleeing dogs and hunters after I killed the other boy. The river ran dry and I was running through brush and sand, leaving scent traps for the dogs and trying to conceal my tracks, there was a hilly beach nearby."

After that I arrive at a mansion made out of glass and hardwood, breath-taking stately serene classical modernist design, it's like a mansion/castle/temple, full of natural sunlight and the sound of the waves from the sea below the cliffs, it seemed as though the mansion was on an island in the Mediterranean. I was either grown-up now, or a different person entirely, the owner of the house, who was a (20th century - not sure exact decades of activity) intelligence operative and art dealer/collector and amateur classical violinist, a very precise kind of personality, good at his profession in a detached clinical scary way but also totally in love with beauty in terms of music and art, maybe Renaissance and medieval art. I think he was a sadist. Then suddenly I became lucid, and I was myself, my waking real life personality and body, but the intelligence agent guy was still there. I started to fly around the inside of the mansion effortlessly, this is my typical immediate reaction to becoming lucid, I fly around and take stock of ways to manipuate the dream environment. Anyway, oddly, the intelligence guy could fly too, and we had a strange conversation about the application of hypnotic induction techniques to military training and indoctrination, how that could or would change history, and we talked about dialectics with respect to history and awakening in the sense that Walter Benjamin wrote about it, the gestalt of memes which moves generations of peoples.

Then a young woman appeared, she was pretty, about my own age, she seemed gentle and kind-hearted, and she told me after I kissed her that it wasn't appropriate to do anything else, that was all she said, but I suddenly realized that both she and the scary intelligence guy were past lives or incarnations, it was like a direct lucid overwhelming knowing.

I went to the large dining room in the mansion, and sat at a table with about a dozen other people, all of them men as far as I can remember except for the young woman from before. All of them were past lives - but it was like talking to real, actual people or personalities, not like characters in a regular dream. I was lucid, and it was like I knew these people. The consensus of everyone there - what we in fact talked about, was that time is not linear, but it's spherical, or continuous, or a fractal, and that every incarnation sitting at the table is alive in his or her own time, at the same time. The intelligence guy was there. The young woman from before was there, and now I could sense from looking at her face how she was a herbalist and a healer, a really gentle and nurturing person, not a nun exactly but someone very spiritually alive, close to nature, deeply intuitive. Sitting next to me, there was a middle-aged man who looked like a rough woodsman/master craftsman who was very skilled with his hands, it seemed like this guy had participated in the French Resistance, he had a patient quiet intense faintly-sardonic personality, like he had experienced atrocities in the war but had become humble instead of brittle over them, he looked like what I think of as an old 'druidic' type of person.
 
Those were the only three that I remember vividly from the dream. I had the sense that most of the dozen or so people there were warriors of some kind or deeply affected by war, which is entirely consistent with my current life right now and what I think of as the destructive force inside of my psyche and body, although I've also been (slowly) transitioning to a more nurturing way of being over the last few years.


In the big dining room of the mansion, there were several other tables, and each table had between 8-12 people sitting at them - these were other 'soul collectives.' I remember talking to some of the people at the table nearest to me, mostly men and some women, they all looked Levantine, it was like they were all 'family.'


I'm just beginning to make sense of all of this. I've believed in reincarnation long before I had this dream, but I'm still not sure how to go about integrating this. I think I'm going to see a professional about regression therapy. I need to take my time and go slow with this, because it's a lot all at once. I'm very grateful for this forum and for all the research and courage people have invested here. Thank you for reading this. If I understand more of this I'll post it here. I don't know if or to what extent other people have experienced meeting, face to face, their past incarnations in dreams.
 
Hi Ryan,


Reading your post felt rather freakishly close to home, as though, for the first time in my life, I had the feeling that 'someone just walked over my grave'... practically gave me goosepimples.... Your description almost exactly matches that of someone I know! How did you know just from looking at the woman she might have been a herbalist or healer? That's interesting. Did you get a sense of what time period she was from?


I too have met past people (reincarnations/past lives/ whatever they may be) in dreams and have been able to interact with them, and seen the notion that each was alive at the same time, in their own time - likes layers in an onion, all moving around and upon each other (I have also had dreams where I recognised people from other time periods visting in the same dream I am experiencing, which was rather something, but each person there with their own agenda!). In your thoughts and discussions, did you ever get the feeling the lives of these people, all living in their own way/own time, might perchance overlap within the same time-frame?


Over the years my dreams have given me much to muse on and think about, and I have learnt an awful lot. So I hope you too may find the answers you are seeking.
 
That's very interesting, it seems that flight seems to be a common element in lucid dreaming.


Certainly, I would encourage you to use any clues you may have come across such as the house, island and what not to do some research on and see if you can find anything online about it.


I recently too just had several dreams like yours. One involved me being in older house with dark wooden furniture. I'm laying in bed looking at a wardrobe on the far wall. What's weird is that while in the dream, I can recall everything about where I was. I knew the wardrobe used to be on another wall and I also knew the layout of the other rooms of the house.


A woman dressed in 1920's-30's clothing comes in and tells me I need to get up and dressed because I have to be somewhere. What's weird too is that I've sort of merged with this person laying in the bed. I'm thinking this person who is telling me to get up isn't my wife and then I'm looking for my cellphone where my night stand usually is.


The woman in question was heavy set, Caucasian woman who was wearing a black dress with a sort of thin black belt around the middle and heeled shoes with a strap over the top.


I know my former life had spent time in a Russian Embassy during that time period, but I don't know why someone from the Embassy would be waking her up. I guess it's possible that they partly depended on the Embassy staff.


The other dream I had, which occurred during the same night and involved the flying, was that I was with my parents and son. We were all hovering over a steep, mountainous coastline with lots of trees and my dad was explaining the progress that was taking place and how they were altering the coast line to be a resort area.


I had the distinct feeling that it was where we used to live or live nearby. I assume it's in China somewhere, but you've inspired me to reevaluate my dream and to search around a bit .


If you find out anything about yours, please let us know :thumbsup:
 
Wow Ryan...that was an amazing revelation. Your description of your "other you's" resonates well, along with the idea that all lifetimes occur at once...sort of in a spiral around the soul. Short of a regression, you may want to do some past life meditations which can be very enlightening...while akashic readings seem to me to be the quickest way to obtain understanding of the purposes and connections between lives.


Please don't hesitate to keep us posted on what you find...it appears you are locating a clear channel! Thank you for joining us.
 
After Googling for a bit, I did find that the coast around Tianjin and Beijing looks like what I had seen in my dream.


caption.jpg



I also saw in the dream what looked like wide concrete beaches. That's interesting because I heard on NPR (public radio) that China is building more infrastructure (airports, seaports etc) than their economy can handle. This is a picture of a port near Beijing that looks similar to what I had seen in the dream.


China-to-build-superyacht-marina-in-Tianjin-Beijing.jpg



So Ryan, give it a Google, you may come up with something interesting!
 
Hello Ryan and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:


That was fascinating to read, thank you for sharing!
 
Hi Lynnette,


I think the young woman may have had a connection to the 12th century Cathars, several decades or more before the crusade started. I don't think she experienced any of the subsequent violence.


This connection did not occur to me until yesterday, actually, when I reread my first two posts before I uploaded them. It would make sense if this is the case. About a year and a half ago I was at a small pagan festival in eastern NC, when I overhead an elderly woman mention a modern-day women's spirituality group. I asked her about it, she said it was called Laconneau, that it originated in southern France, although now it has international branches in the eastern United States and in Canada. She said that the group has preserved Cathar teachings in a direct lineage, that it had gone underground in the 12th century to keep from being persecuted, and that only in the last few decades has it stopped being secretive. She gave me a card with information about the NC chapter and some of the group's symbols on it, it actually gave me chills seeing them. One of the symbols is a fleur-de-lis, which is an early Christian symbol associated with Mary Magdalene; part of the group's teaching concerns the contemplative gnostic tradition based on Mary's direct relationship with the deity. At the time I didn't understand why the symbols and the group had so much resonance for me. A few weeks prior to attending that festival (or maybe it was shortly afterwards, I'm not exactly sure, that was a somewhat chaotic and busy time for me because we were getting ready to deploy), after doing centering prayer and Buddhist insight meditation every day for about a month, I'd had a peak experience where I felt like I could sense the presence of the feminine aspect of God. That presence stayed with me for about a month; I went around giving hugs to the other guys in my platoon, who at the time I thought of as big, albeit heavily emotionally-armored teddy bears in need of hugs. I made a small shrine in a corner of my barracks room, which I only half tongue-in-cheek called the Temple of the Sacred Feminine, with posters of an Italian Renaissance Madonna and Child, Gustav Klimt's painting The Kiss, and a poster of Lady GaGa wearing a costume made out of telephones, which for some reason reminded me of the gnostic emanation or concept, Sophia. I contacted Laconneau about taking one of their courses, but I didn't follow up on it because we deployed three months early. While deployed, I had several lucid dreams about similar-themed Magdalene contemplative groups. I think the woman in the dream was associated with one of these groups.


I'm not sure if the time periods for the different people overlap.


Totoro, I'm glad you were able to find those images that corroborate your dream. I'll have to investigate that mansion.


The big dining room could be in reference to this forum. I know that I was there with about a dozen different versions of my soul or spirit, but there were lots of other soul 'collectives' of people at different tables in the room, all talking excitedly and enthusiastically, like it was a big family reunion for all of these different lives.
 
The fleur de lis?! The iris? This really is resonating rather wierdly. I don't suppose she happened to be petite with a faintly musical accent...?


I have met several herbalist/healers in my dreams/visions now, and they are all similar to as you describe - they are so connected to nature, intuitive, kind and gentle, and yes, as you say, they are not exactly nuns, but would not allow anything beyond a kiss - even the person I know in this life, she is so pretty and such a lovely character, but she's never had a boyfriend and says she does not expect to. Doesn't know why she won't (she would love to have a family), only for some reason its not meant to be... and they were all connected to the iris in some way, both the purple and the yellow...!
 
ryan, again, it appears you are asking and you are receiving! What a great sequence of events and an obviously good place spiritually.


I am intrigued by your "tables of incarnations" in apparent close proximity to other soul's tables. I would be interested to find out if those in attendance at your table have specific applications for your current lifetime, and if so, under what conditions or purpose would they be brought together. And did you get any further information regarding the idea of all lives occuring simultaneously? For some reason I have difficulty wrapping my head around that concept, though I have read about it several times.
 
The young woman in the dream was about 5'6", maybe slightly shorter, she had straight brown hair pulled into a loose bun at the back and her bangs fell down around her face, an oval face, fair skin, pretty, and yes I would probably describe her as petite. For some reason her clothes struck me as being very European in style, just something about the cut and texture, she was wearing a long brown coat and a scarf, boots. I can't remember what her voice sounded like specifically, though she seemed like the kind of person whom people listen to even though she might speak quietly or softly. She seemed like someone whom animals would trust, like she could have been a horse or dog whisperer, as though even wild or violent horses or dogs would have acted tame and gentle around her, being calmed by her presence.
 
That really does sound like her exactly down to a T! :cool I wonder what it all means? lol


When I mentioned what you had written, she said it was funny, a colleague used almost the exact same terminology to describe her just a week or so ago, and whether you don't perchance have Celtic or Scandanavian connections?


(I am curious too, though, how you think she was connected to the 12th century Cathars whilst per your description dressed in very modern-day-sounding coat, scarf and boots?! was it just a feeling of knowing?)


And, in the discussions you had about every time period occuring simultaneously, did you ever get the sense or be given the understanding that each time period wound by at its own speed? In the vision I had, where I saw everyone's lives moving around and upon each other like fluid layers of an onion, from where I was looking, you could see that some were running faster than others etc, which tied down very closely to the 'liver's pace of life'. i.e. The life of the old farmer leaning over his gate post, gazing at the meadow really did run slower than the life period of the gaggle of teenagers rushing around to their all-night parties and so on ...
 
I think my family has Scottish and German ancestry. My mom has a pretty deep connection with Celtic and Norse music and mythology, mostly at the level of being an avid fan of reconstructionist art like Wagner's Ring operas and the Marion Zimmer Bradley novels about Morgan la Fay. I used to be quite interested in the Norse shamanic tradition, but that interest has waned, right now I'm more or less a contemplative Christian, practically a Buddhist... I borrowed my mom's copy of The Mists of Avalon, and sometime I'll get around to reading it, goddess-oriented spirituality is interesting to me, it seems to correct for a lot of the imbalances in historical Christianity, although as I said I mostly don't seek out shamanic experiences any more, except for dabbling in herbalism and trying to cultivate a relationship with the land where I live.


The woman's clothes were modern, but I had the sense that she was from a much earlier time. The clothes may just have been how my mind represented or perceived her in the dream. I'm not sure. I don't know if she had a connection to the Cathars specifically, but I resonate with their history and symbolism, I don't understand why, and I know that women were deeply integral to their ecclesiastical structure such as it was. It's more of an inference than a distinct impression to say that the woman in the dream was a Cathar.


I didn't get a sense that each person's time period goes by at its own speed, but I think that's because I wasn't seeing each of their lives happen so much as I was just being present with them while they were all gathered together. But it does make sense that each person's life would proceed at its own pace. I didn't witness them in the actual process of experiencing their lives, or remember having experienced those lives, but when I looked at their faces, after realizing they were past incarnations, I 'knew' who they were and some of what they had experienced, although with the woman it was more a sense of her character and personality and not specifically when she lived.


I'm glad to hear there's someone like her in the world today, whose presence is healing.
 
Hi Ryan,


You know, it is really nice to hear you're interested in herbalism and the land around you... I find so few people with such connections these days - I studied herbal medicine (which is how I know my friend), and there are very few like-minded individuals or people who even appreciate such things within my (very large) circle of acquaintance! It really opens your eyes and your mind to the greater beauty of life - once you start to realise a smallest portion of what is out there, a great deal more becomes revealed to you ;)


It is great too that you have had an opportunity to experience the revolving layers of life in the way that you have. I hope you learn any more or have any further dreams or experiences that you may continue and share them also! :-)


Add-on: I told my friend what you said, about how nice it is that there are people as lovely as her still around in the world today, and she just laughed and replied there is healing and goodness in everyone. Its just that some people are frightened to show it and afraid of showing their real face. She takes every comment on so sensibly... one really cannot compliment her!
 
Back
Top