• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Most Recent Past Life

BethC

Member
I saw Argonne's thread reply in another thread about how some people block their most recent past life if it was traumatic...or something similar.

I think I had one that ended a few years before I was born, but as Argonne indicated...I can not seem to access it. I haven't had a regression done, or done a meditation myself where it seems to have come up. Mine would have ended in the late 40's or 50's maybe, since I was born in 1961, this time.

Anyway...I am curious about those of you who do remember the most recent past life. I know some of you have posted your most recent one, anybody else like to share? Or link to the thread if you have posted it? Thanks
 
I am confused about something ... If a person blocks their most recent past life because it was traumatic, why would they be able to regress to a life some several hundred years ago which was also extremely traumatic? Is it merely a 'time' thing? Where the soul can 'handle' the traumatic life from centuries ago, as opposed to 50 years ago, because it's been given time to deal with it?
 
Although I agree that we can block traumatic memories from a past life, I don't think it makes any difference whether it was our most recent past life, or a past life from hundreds or thousands of years ago. There is no concept of time when we pass over to the other side, so experiences from a life in the distant past are just as accessible as the most recent one's.


I don't think there is a clear answer to why we seem to be able to access some past lives easier than others, maybe we remember things that are relevent and can serve a purpose in our lives today, or maybe some lives were just so mundane that nothing memorable stands out from them. Having said that, I do think it's possible for us to remember every single action we've ever taken in all of our past lives, it's all recorded and available to us.
 
SkyeSpitfire said:
I am confused about something ... If a person blocks their most recent past life because it was traumatic, why would they be able to regress to a life some several hundred years ago which was also extremely traumatic? Is it merely a 'time' thing? Where the soul can 'handle' the traumatic life from centuries ago, as opposed to 50 years ago, because it's been given time to deal with it?
Time as a distinct measure of seconds, minutes, hours and days would have no meaning for us in the afterlife, which is why some witnesses say that time does not exist as we know it on earth. However, there is another interpretation of time that may exist not only in the afterlife, but also from one incarnation to the next. It may exist in the concept of soul progress, which tends to mitigate trauma over a period of time. If a trauma in this life is so intense that a person is unable to remember the event, there are ways to modify that person's fear and to enable them to realize that part of their history. The same would hold true for visiting past life traumas. I would theorize that numerous lifetimes provide numerous opportunities for progress along the path of a linear timeline which travels in only one direction, because nothing gained is ever lost. Thus, if a soul cannot handle a trauma 50 years ago, it may be better prepared to do so in a future lifetime. As you say, "Where the soul can 'handle' the traumatic life from centuries ago, as opposed to 50 years ago, because it's been given time to deal with it [.]".
 
Back
Top