• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My daughter speaks about four past lives

What a great thread this has become :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to updates on the Ole-life - it's not often I hear of past lives in Denmark (or in Scandinavia). I can't believe she really said 'Scandinavia'!! I don't even think 3 year olds in Denmark knows what Scandinavia is, so that's very interesting.

'Ole' would also have been somewhat common in the 1940's (there are many called that in the huge generations born after WWII). The pronounciation by the way is correct. In Danish we pronounce it 'Ol-e', stressing the 'e'.

I'm really interested in this - in case you're interested in validations - perhaps you could ask her:

- If she remembers where you lived? (what kind of landscape was there? A town? How did you get around?)

- If she remembers a king or a queen or any other royal family members?

These are just suggestions, but I'm just really excited since Denmark is a space that not many people around the world knows that well and with a little girl remembering this much and so much detail and me being able to verify... :D

I wanted to thank everyone again, many of you have great things your kids have remembered as well. I have an update about when my daughter was Ole (thanks for letting me know she pronounced it correctly, I've never heard the name before.) Today we went to the store and as we finished shopping she asked if she could get candy (of course). We went down the candy isle and she was looking at everything, then she picked something up and said " look mom, it's a bunch of red gummy fish" I told her that they were yummy and called Swedish Fish. I was starting to show her the letters (we are working on reading) but she was laughing so hard she didn't care about the letters. I asked her what was so funny and she said " Swedish Fish!!! People live in Sweden, this makes it sound like fish live in all the towns." Of course this seemed like a good time to ask questions. I said, thats true, it is silly. I can't remember, was it Sweden we used to live in? She started picking out candy again then said " no, remember, Sweden is the big one over the big, huge water. When we lived in Denmark we should have gone to the water and looked, maybe thats where the Swedish Fish come from." After that she laughed about her joke, picked out some candy and that was it, she was on to telling me about her day at school. I didn't even ask about Denmark (she said it by herself) . I'm not good with geography, so I don't know if there is water between Denmark and Sweden. I'll look at a map, I bet she's right. I'm sure I won't be sleeping tonight, I'll be up thinking about everything she has told me.( and I'll write it in the journal I put her memories in)

wow, Michelle! I love that! I don't know my geography, either. :) (and my dad teaches it!! too funny...) Let us all know what else she remembers!! :D

I will defer to Sunniva and Karoliina on the details of Scandinavian geography... but I can personally attest that there is water between Sweden and Denmark, as I once had the pleasure of riding a ferry from one country to the other. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your daughter's memories. The detail of her memories, her recall of events as a fetus/infant, and her corroborating birthmarks make this a truly extraordinary and wonderful case. In addition to Carol Bowman's books, I highly recommend that you read Dr. Ian Stevenson's book "Children Who Remember Previous Lives." Dr. Stevenson, a professor at the University of Virginia, spent his entire career documenting such cases all over the world. His evidence of birthmarks corresponding with the death of the previous personality is especially fascinating. Dr. Stevenson's books are written in a very academic, professorial style that can take some effort to slog through, but the material is so fascinating I think you'll find it's worth it.

Cheers,

Beth

Wow, Michelle!! :thumbsup: So exciting.

There is indeed water between Denmark and Sweden - it's called 'Øresund' (Oeresund), but it isn't a large body of water - when on the east coast of Dk you can clearly see Sweden on the other side, it's only a 20 minutes ferry trip or 5 minutes across the bridge.

Do keep asking her questions :D Perhaps what kind of house you used to live in?

Littlebug, thanks for the information. I will be going to the book store today.

Sunniva, thank you for helping with what she has said about "Not being Scandinavian anymore" The water she talked about could be huge to her, she's very dramatic. Also, where we live now there are only ponds, so anything bigger than that she might think is huge. I was shocked that she said Denmark, I've never heard anyone say that around her. She keeps me on my toes.

Wow, Michelle - exciting updates! :thumbsup:

I'm sure Oeresund could be huge for a child, and besides there are also bigger waters between Denmark and Sweden, if Ole for example lived in the most northern part of Denmark instead of the islands. But it seems likely that she (you) lived anyway on the eastern coast of Denmark, whether it was the mainland or the islands. :thumbsup:

It's great that she doesn't seem to mind answering questions and sharing. Some children are more wary with their past life memories, and then I would advise the parent to move slowly. But now, even though it's always a good idea to give the child a lot of space and let them share mainly in their pace, it doesn't seem harmful to ask her something every now and then. It was a good idea to ask her about the countries, when Sweden came up. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear more. :D

Karoliina

Michelle, these updates are amazing! The story about your Nana and your daughter's memories just gave me chills- I agree with Alaskanlaughter- these souls have to come back. Also, I agree about how the children play. Artwork is also particularly revealing and intriguing. Michelle, does she ever draw anything unusual? A great way of dealing with it is "Can you tell me about this picture?"

Just amazing, all the things she says!!

Keeping a journal is just priceless and I am so thankful you keep updating us on her newest sayings or experiences.

Hi Sunniva!

Has anyone ever received any updates from Michelle regarding her incredible daughter, Sophie? I often wonder why so many mothers of gifted children seem to disappear from the Forum.

-Nightrain

Nightrain1 said:
I often wonder why so many mothers of gifted children seem to disappear from the Forum.
I would think it's often because their children stop talking about past lives, and so their personal interest in the topic fades away. And it's okay, as long as the children are doing well. :thumbsup:

But it's always nice to hear from parents after a long while, and to find out their families are okay. :)

Karoliina

Yep. I understand it but I too wish they would come back and give us a quick update. I tend to get very involved in other people's lives.

Back