• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My past life memories

The first time I had a past life memory I was round about the age of three. I know I was about three as I have a sister who is three years younger than me and my mum has told me that my sister was moved into my room when she was six months old - when I had my past life memory I was still alone in my room.

I woke up early one morning but strangely i was awake and yet asleep at the same time. I could see the furniture in the room and yet it seemed like I was also viewing a dream, as if it was suspended on a screen hanging down in the middle of the bedroom. I'm sorry I can't describe it any better than that. I was able to both view the dream and also be in it at the same time. I hope this makes sense. In my dream I saw myself as a man. (I'm a girl in this life). I was riding a horse at the front of a line of other men and I knew I was the leader. I also sensed I was nasty. Mean and nasty. Hard. We were riding in kind of woodland and suddenly we came into a clearing. All of a sudden native americans dropped out of the trees and appeared from the land around. I swear I had no idea they were there, I could not tell at all. I dismounted from my horse and was standing in front of what I guessed to be their leader or an important man. And then he shot me (with a gun). All I can remember after that is thinking 'it doesn't hurt to be shot, I can't believe it doesn't hurt to be shot. If I'd have known this I wouldn't have been so scared of it'. Now of course it seems to me that it didn't hurt because probably I was dead.

I can still remember this experience as clear as if it were yesterday. For years I thought I must have it wrong because I thought native americans had bows and arrows and how come I was shot? but as an adult of course I know now guns would have been traded etc.

At around the same time I had a teddy bear that I called ker-peter. that was how I sounded it. people would ask me what the bear was called and i would say ker-peter. they would then reply 'oh you mean peter!' and I would say NO! I mean KER-peter.

I have wanted for years to know if any of this was real. it felt real. It felt like real memories. I mean, even at three I knew the difference between a dream and what happened the day before. When I got the internet i put in every conceivable spelling of ker-peter and i found one interesting thing -that there is a place in Texas called Copita. It is a nature reserve now but I found one reference to it having at the turn of the twentieth century a post office and small population. I wonder if I lived or died around that area.

I have other memories too but I have to go cook the dinner now! It would be interesting to hear from others - both what you think of my memory and also if you have heard of it happening the way it happened - like that kind of awake/sleeping state.

Thanks
Elizabeth

Ps I'm sorry I haven't formally introduced myself!
 
Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing :)


A lot of past life recall occurs in the half awake/asleep state, this is the same altered state that a past life therapist will attempt to guide you into during a regression, to a point where the conscious meets the subconscious, where all your past life memories are stored.


Your past life memory was very interesting, and you were right about the native Americans using guns that they had later acquired from traders. Can you remember whereabouts you were shot? Sometimes, a gunshot wound received in a past life can leave a birthmark in the same area on your current body, there have even been instances where an entry and an exit mark have been found.


Also interesting that you found a place name that coincided with the name you gave your teddy bear. It is possible that the two are related, have you tried searching for images of Copita? You never know, you might see something that rings a bell ;)


I look forward to reading about your other memories if you don't mind sharing, hope you enjoy the forum :)


Chris
 
Welcome Elizabeth.


Like Chris said, that in between state of asleep and awake is exactly where a regression therapists is going to try to get you mentally because that is where you have the best chance of remembering what is buried in your subconscious. It's that dream state right before you wake up in the morning that you are most likely to remember your dreams. And no, dreams related to the past are not uncommon. You have come to the right place.


Thank you for sharing, and if you have more you'd like to share, I look forward to reading it.
 
Elizabeth, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for sharing!


Now personally I agree with what Chris posted above on how much past life recall happens in this half awake/asleep state. I really enjoyed reading what you posted and just how interesting. Yes there were times that it did happen in this way and how often did the different Indian tribes obtained guns thru trading. And as for that name, could it have been a past life name rather then a place possibly?


Again Thanks for Sharing and looking forward to what else you ahve to share in the future. Wishing You the Best!
 
csometimes said:
I was riding a horse at the front of a line of other men and I knew I was the leader. I also sensed I was nasty. Mean and nasty. Hard. We were riding in kind of woodland and suddenly we came into a clearing. All of a sudden native americans dropped out of the trees and appeared from the land around. I swear I had no idea they were there, I could not tell at all. I dismounted from my horse and was standing in front of what I guessed to be their leader or an important man. And then he shot me (with a gun). All I can remember after that is thinking 'it doesn't hurt to be shot, I can't believe it doesn't hurt to be shot.At around the same time I had a teddy bear that I called ker-peter. that was how I sounded it. people would ask me what the bear was called and i would say ker-peter. they would then reply 'oh you mean peter!' and I would say NO! I mean KER-peter.
Hi Elizabeth...and welcome to the Forum. In the book, "Soul Survivor", the parents describe how their son, a three-year-old boy, James, named each of his G.I. Joe figures, Leon, Walter and Billie. These names turned out to be fellow Navy pilots from his ship, who died before he was shot down in his plane during the World War Two battle of Iwo Jima. So, the thought occurred to me that the name ker-peter could have been someone rather than a place. The second thought is that the name would have sounded that way, possibly because it could have been a Dutch name.


One interesting point of American history is that warriors of native American tribes were often better armed than their European counterparts as time progressed. Two woodland battles, which your dream brings to mind were: the ambush during Braddock's March on Fort Duquesne in 1755, and the massacre after the siege of Fort William Henry in 1757.


Although it may be assumed that being killed doesn't hurt, because one is, after all, DEAD; it is also very often the case that adrenalin may also cause one's sense of pain to disappear. You will often hear the same thing from those who have been shot and survived.
 
Back
Top