-barry-
New Member
Hi. I've had a few requests from the Reincarnation Questions forum to add the below in a new thread over here, so here goes.
I have had only one "formal" past life regression, about 10 years ago. It was with a very ordinary looking lady in a very ordinary looking house in a nearby town. Having read a few books about past lives, I really wanted to go into a deep trance and relive vivid experiences. Sitting in this woman's kitchen, however, I only managed a light trance and some of the memories were a bit flimsy.
I experienced 2 or 3 or maybe 4 lives, all male.
One was in the 18th century, in what appeared to be Amsterdam. I was in some kind of legal profession, a tall, lean man with a very sullen personality - no fun there at all. I had a glimpse of myself walking through the city carrying a bag of papers, crossing over a little arched bridge over a canal or river (Ive since been to Amsterdam and it looked very familiar).
I then moved straight to the death scene. Basically I died of old age in my bed with two women attending me. I believe one was my sister and one was my servant. The feeling was of being very alone because I had not reached out to people in life, emotionally. The women next to me were like strangers to me yet for no reason other than my reserve.
I was then a boy on a farm in what felt like England (no sense of time period, but there was no industrial technology). I was watching the chief farm labourer, a big man, whipping a black African kid who had somehow ended up on the farm. For the man it was a "fun" thing to do. I was watching this from a hiding place behind a haystack. I got a sense that the man was my mother in this life. Now, she would never do such a thing, but I can imagine things being very different a couple of hundred years ago.
Next, I was around 20 years old, studying or working at a little desk in a tiny attic room. The regressionist asked me how I like to spend my free time and I replied "I like to go to the inn, have some ale." No change there then.
Then I was standing on a ship as it left port in England. It was the era of the British empire, so 19th century I guess. I described myself as a man of the cloth. Apparently I was heading for the colonies in Africa. I had taken up a post there.
I don't have specific images of then being in Africa, but what I do have is a strong, rather horrible feeling of not fitting in with the white colonial aristocracy there. I was looked down upon for not being "top drawer". I do feel traces of these feelings in my present life. When I am amongst rich, posh people, I have a conflict between the urge to be ingratiating to get them to accept me and the urge to blame them for not accepting me at all.
That was my regression.
I've also had a few spontaneous memories in meditation, one of which I've described already (I forget which thread!). I'll probably add more to the new flashbacks thread.
- barry
I have had only one "formal" past life regression, about 10 years ago. It was with a very ordinary looking lady in a very ordinary looking house in a nearby town. Having read a few books about past lives, I really wanted to go into a deep trance and relive vivid experiences. Sitting in this woman's kitchen, however, I only managed a light trance and some of the memories were a bit flimsy.
I experienced 2 or 3 or maybe 4 lives, all male.
One was in the 18th century, in what appeared to be Amsterdam. I was in some kind of legal profession, a tall, lean man with a very sullen personality - no fun there at all. I had a glimpse of myself walking through the city carrying a bag of papers, crossing over a little arched bridge over a canal or river (Ive since been to Amsterdam and it looked very familiar).
I then moved straight to the death scene. Basically I died of old age in my bed with two women attending me. I believe one was my sister and one was my servant. The feeling was of being very alone because I had not reached out to people in life, emotionally. The women next to me were like strangers to me yet for no reason other than my reserve.
I was then a boy on a farm in what felt like England (no sense of time period, but there was no industrial technology). I was watching the chief farm labourer, a big man, whipping a black African kid who had somehow ended up on the farm. For the man it was a "fun" thing to do. I was watching this from a hiding place behind a haystack. I got a sense that the man was my mother in this life. Now, she would never do such a thing, but I can imagine things being very different a couple of hundred years ago.
Next, I was around 20 years old, studying or working at a little desk in a tiny attic room. The regressionist asked me how I like to spend my free time and I replied "I like to go to the inn, have some ale." No change there then.
Then I was standing on a ship as it left port in England. It was the era of the British empire, so 19th century I guess. I described myself as a man of the cloth. Apparently I was heading for the colonies in Africa. I had taken up a post there.
I don't have specific images of then being in Africa, but what I do have is a strong, rather horrible feeling of not fitting in with the white colonial aristocracy there. I was looked down upon for not being "top drawer". I do feel traces of these feelings in my present life. When I am amongst rich, posh people, I have a conflict between the urge to be ingratiating to get them to accept me and the urge to blame them for not accepting me at all.
That was my regression.
I've also had a few spontaneous memories in meditation, one of which I've described already (I forget which thread!). I'll probably add more to the new flashbacks thread.
- barry