windows2thesoul
Probationary
Hello friends!
Just recently I have been looking into different uniforms from the 18th century (both British and American). What resonates with me the most is the color of the British Navy uniform. Since a small child I remember wearing a uniform close to the one in Lord Nelson's painting (who was post-captain at the time):
http://www.britishbattles.com/waterloo/images/trafalgar/nelson-post-captain.jpg
I'm not saying he's my reincarnation- but someone like him. What's fascinating is that I am not British in this life, in fact I was born in America during the early 80's but I have a lot of interests that have to do with England.
Alas, my search continues for the lost captain whom might have died in battle and his picture was never painted.
-Royal Blue
Just recently I have been looking into different uniforms from the 18th century (both British and American). What resonates with me the most is the color of the British Navy uniform. Since a small child I remember wearing a uniform close to the one in Lord Nelson's painting (who was post-captain at the time):
http://www.britishbattles.com/waterloo/images/trafalgar/nelson-post-captain.jpg
I'm not saying he's my reincarnation- but someone like him. What's fascinating is that I am not British in this life, in fact I was born in America during the early 80's but I have a lot of interests that have to do with England.
Alas, my search continues for the lost captain whom might have died in battle and his picture was never painted.
-Royal Blue