Shiftkitty
Registered User
This happened back in the early 90's. I was at a Psychic Faire one day and someone caught my attention. She was talking to a friend about past lives and as I approached I let my mind run free. I saw her as a man in ancient Rome and I "remembered" her as a friend of mine back then about as easily as I would remember an old friend from school in this life. It was quite a trip, really. Without thinking, I called out "Eh, Roma!" I sensed immediately that it was a nickname because this person was so patriotic about Rome, not unlike calling a very patriotic American 'Uncle Sam'. She looked up and we both crossed the courtyard and clasped hands and hugged. She called me 'Claudius' (not the Emperor, for sure!) and we just rolled into the conversation, essentially letting our souls speak to one another. It was so casual, asking how each other had been, do we remember much between then and now, etc. We parted ways and I saw her a few times after that in the course of business, but our lives were on different tracks and we left it to the winds to send us to where we needed to be. After all, it wasn't like we'd never meet again, eh?
I haven't had a meeting like that since, however.
(Funny how the mind's eye works. I saw a slightly heavy-set woman of about my age with light brown curly hair and a ready smile, but in my mind I was talking to an older man, tall and thin, with straight pepper-grey hair and a beard (no moustache) who didn't seem to smile very much, but when he did it was a genuine smile. No lies from this guy! Hmm, I wonder what 'Roma' saw in her mind's eye?)
I haven't had a meeting like that since, however.
(Funny how the mind's eye works. I saw a slightly heavy-set woman of about my age with light brown curly hair and a ready smile, but in my mind I was talking to an older man, tall and thin, with straight pepper-grey hair and a beard (no moustache) who didn't seem to smile very much, but when he did it was a genuine smile. No lies from this guy! Hmm, I wonder what 'Roma' saw in her mind's eye?)