• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Life illness - the body remembers

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
Over the years I have made notes in my journals, started a book and carefully researched past life memories. February of this year I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst on the right side of my body. At the time of the diagnosis, I was quite aware that my cyst and how I died in my last life time had similarities. In this older thread Past life trauma- 2001 thread I wrote of my last life time in Italy during WWI and WWII. I died of ovarian cancer.


There were complications in the surgery last month, it was suppose to be an in/out scenario. But my right ovary had to be removed as well as lesions on the left side of my body. I was in the hospital for three days, and in bed for the past three weeks. My follow up doctor appointment yesterday revealed that the "cyst" was actually a tumor. The doctor said it was benign. I was lucky.

Today -I cannot help but wonder since so much has been written about how the body remembers (both the physical and ethereal) our past life traumas. Was my cyst/tumor a case of my body remembering? Recreating?

Has anyone else experienced a past life memory of illness or trauma and years later had a similar ailment? I am interested in hearing others experiences along these lines if you care to share..
 
I suffer from depression and anxiety in this life, and I'm pretty sure I suffered from similar ailments in at least one past life as well.
 
I think I wrote about this one here before but here it is.


I remember my left arm was wrenched back and my shoulder being popped out and my elbow broken at the same time in my last life.


In this one it has been giving me trouble since right around the same age as I had it broken in my last life. It goes numb and doesn't have anywhere near the strength of my other one. I get a big electric shock down that arm if I try to use it for anything too heavy and my grip in that hand is bad also. I've had x-rays and there is a rotator cuff injury there (which they thought I was way to young for when that was noticed) but otherwise they didn't see anything that should be a problem.


I don't remember doing anything to that arm in this life that wouldn't have also happened to my other one so I've been assuming it's at least partly past life related.
 
Deborah said:
The doctor said it was benign. I was lucky.


Today -I cannot help but wonder since so much has been written about how the body remembers (both the physical and ethereal) our past life traumas. Was my cyst/tumor a case of my body remembering? Recreating?
After all the reading I've done just since my coming here last October, it seems very convincing that the ethereal body remembers past illness, trauma and injury. I only hope that your ethereal body has finished all of its remembering.


In view of your very recent personal experience, it seems, somehow, self-centered for me to go on about my own body. But, the coincidences of my experience are enough of a curiosity to possibly mention.


I've had premonitions of future injuries to my face, which have come true with such startling specificity that I thought for a long time, that I was just crazy. And, recently, I've suspected that similar traumatic injuries to the same part of the body have happened during past lives.


It is one thing for one's body to exhibit symptoms of an internal physiological condition from the past. But, it seems unlikely to me that an external circumstances will, somehow, cooperate with an ethereal body to create facial injuries repeatedly throughout one's incarnations. Had it not been for the weird premonition at the age of 14, and consistent memories and phobias of things coming at my face, including balls, fists, weapons, planes, horse hooves, or even the ground; I wouldn't have thought it conceivable.


Weird!?
 
Deborah, I'm glad to hear that the cyst was benign. I've had several relatives die of cancer, and my mom has had breast cancer. It's scary stuff.


To this point I have been very fortunate in this life as far as physical ailments. I've never had to go to the hospital, I almost never get sick, and I've only had one broken bone. I cracked a bone in my hand because I foolishly hit something that was not soft (we'll leave it at that : angel). I have had neck problems and have to go to the chiropractor and get it adjusted. I've heard that this can relate to a past life such as getting hanged. I know I was beheaded in a past life but that memory didn't result in any healing.


I do remember last year I was having a sharp persistant pain in my back. It wasn't anything disabling, but it was uncomfortable. Chiropractic adjustments and doing stretches wasn't helping it. One day I was using one of those regression recordings and I went back to an ancient lifetime. In that life my village was being raided by enemy soldiers. I was stabbed in the back trying to escape right about where I had been having that pain. After remembering that incident, the pain my back disappeared and I haven't had a problem since. Now if only I could get my neck cleared up. :rolleyes:
 
I had problems with pinched nerves and a slipped disk in my back for years - and if you've never experienced it, you're very lucky...it's a whole world of pain. :(


I do have a memory of being shot in the back as a Confederate soldier but remembering that did nothing to ease my back pain so maybe its connected to some other memory I don't know of.
 
Truthseeker said:
I have had neck problems and have to go to the chiropractor and get it adjusted. I've heard that this can relate to a past life such as getting hanged. I know I was beheaded in a past life but that memory didn't result in any healing.
I'm not sure if Deborah's question is aimed specifically at illness, or illness and injury, or both, but I've also suffered with severe neck problems from the age of around 16. After several x-rays, and visits to the chiropractor, apart from a slightly visible 'kink' in my neck vertebrae, the specialist could reach no satisfiable conclusion as to what was causing the severe pain, and from then on, it was something I had to live with sporadically for several years.


About 4 years ago, during a regression, I saw myself as a young upper class female, in what appeared to be her mid to late teens. When I was asked to move forward to the time of my death, I experienced falling from a horse and breaking my neck.


I'm not sure if I believe in coincidences, but the age I was when I died in that past life must have been around the same age I was when the neck pain started in my current life. Also, I've suffered no pain ever since I remembered my death in that past life :)
 
ChrisR said:
I'm not sure if Deborah's question is aimed specifically at illness, or illness and injury, or both
I assumed the question was if any of us have had ailments or illnesses that could be traced back to a past life. I apologize, Deborah, if I misunderstood.
Injuries and illnesses are never fun, but I do find it fascinating that these things can carry over from previous lives. And, sometimes can be healed simply by remembering. In what I described above, I have no idea if it was an actual healing or simply a coincidence. Then I hear of similar, and other more dramatic experiences, I have to consider the possibility.


The only thing I can think of is maybe it is a strong energy that the soul carries with it. Strong enough that it leaves an impression future physical bodies. If the inner world creates the outer world, then what is buried in the subconscious can create physical manifestation. Maybe the soul that has experienced a traumatic death fears going through that again, and that fear leaving an impression on the physical body...kinda like a self-fulfilling prophesy. Remembering releases the fear and the impression on the body is released right along with it. Don't know if that's right or not, but it makes sense to me.


What I wonder is, let's say you have a bad knee in this life. You remember your knee getting crushed in a past life and your knee pain goes away. Even though the pain was relieved in this life, will it resurface again in the next life?


Chris, do you have any bad feelings or phobias related to horses in this life?
 
Truthseeker said:
Chris, do you have any bad feelings or phobias related to horses in this life?
I've had very little experience with horses in this life, only one time when I was a little boy, I remember feeling quite uneasy around this 'huge' animal, but I think it was a nervousness that the majority of 'beginners' would feel. I rode the horse for a short time, and I can't say I enjoyed the experience, but it didn't trigger any memories or flashbacks.


I forgot to say in my previous post, I hope you're feeling better after your surgery Deborah!
 
As I mentioned earlier in another thread, as a child I had a well defined, medium brown (I was very pale) birthmark right on my right, upper stomach area, and over time it has faded to almost nothing.


But in the two possible PL's that I can remember, I was attacked as a child by a large animal (wolf) and distinctly remember a OOBE as I died, and the other one was as a pilot during WWII, possibly as an Englishman.


So who knows if my occasional bouts of indigestion and Acid Reflux are PL related, perhaps a regression session would finally solve the mystery.
 
I am interested to hear if anyone has experienced a past life memory of illness or trauma and then in this life had an ailment that mimics it or is similar.
 
Childbirth problems


I have had difficult pregnancies and deliveries. I have recall of two lives in which I died in childbirth. One in Tudor England and another as a 19th century Irish immigrant in Philadelphia.


In this lifetime my oldest should have been a c-section but the doc was evidently a sadist and refused to do one. My next one both me and my baby would have died had a c-section not been available. As it was, I was going into shock by the time the doc got him out. That time, I was very frightened of dying. Out of eight pregnancies I was only able to carry three to term, and the last two just by the skin of my teeth.


What is interesting, is that my daughter I believe to have been the baby that died with the Irish immigrant. It was after I met her father that I had a very vivid dream in which he and I were forced to immigrate when miserable conditions at the orphanage we had been raised in, and stayed on to help others, came to the notice of the British authorities. I was so petite, and was so big, that I was very frightened of giving birth in the squalid tenement where we lived. I did not see myself die, but woke up knowing that I did. I think her father and I just got back together this time to have her.
 
Wandering Mom said:
It was after I met her father that I had a very vivid dream in which he and I were forced to immigrate when miserable conditions at the orphanage we had been raised in, and stayed on to help others, came to the notice of the British authorities.
Up until the 1830's in Ireland, British Poor Laws were lenient ever since the period of Elizabeth I. However, with the industrial revolution underway, people were compelled to seek work in the cities, where living conditions quickly became squalid and shocking to informed English citizens. As a result of their good intentions the New Poor Laws only exacerbated the situation. Children were taken from parents, orphanages were shut down because of conditions that promoted wide-spread disease, and buildings were torn down, leaving many people to be transported to Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Many, who had the means, boarded ships to the United States and South Africa; but they could not find employment there and ended up in much the same circumstance as that whey they had just left.


By 1847 the potato famine in Ireland added such destitution, that most of those who survived had left for new worlds. Undoubtedly, this has left such a karmic scar that might require several lifetimes to heal. The good news is that we are presently witnessing a period of enlightenment, which will likely help to speed up the process of healing. As we become aware of our past lives, we also become aware of our need to address the damage that has been done, not only to the Irish, but to all people, who have suffered worldwide during the past 200 years.
 
I have always had this weird pain in my lower ovary (right side) area, and over the last few years have developed a dark birthmark on that particular spot. it burns and hurts sometimes for days on and off. I've been to doctors and no one is able to pin point what it is. I have even had cysts appear in other areas close without any reason. I thought the birthmark appearing was particularly weird and not by coincidence.
 
I know I died from heart attack in at least two lives. One was premature - I was only in my early 50's, the other as an old man, in the middle of the night, barely waking me from my sleep.


In this life, as far back as I can remember, I get from time to time a pain in my chest (heart area) and left shoulder. I remember my mother bringing me to the doctor when I was small, obviously worried, but he explained that it was normal (?). Well, I'm not dead yet either and now the pain seems to be hormonal, but I do get a bit worried about it sometimes. Especially knowing that I died from heart attack in past lives.


I really should get a check up :rolleyes:: angel
 
Back
Top