Past Life Membership in Occult Groups

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by SeaAndSky, May 14, 2015.

1. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

You should google the Teutonic Knights elite SS Occult group with Himmler. That was some serious sh*t right there. In my WWII lifetime my love was a member of it (but never really took it entirely seriously). Himmler even established Obergruppenführersaal in Wewelsburg Castle where fallen Obergruppenführer’s were laid to peace.

Thank the lord, there were never any actual burials there...

Here’s a picture...

Eva x

A153ACD4-0211-4DAD-B967-47B8B33B41B2.jpeg

2. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Remember that old mandrake root now that was creepy looking, anyway what is around these days is like diet soda compared to the times of old now everything is more or less run down and tired with the usual sort behind the curtain hanging on even though time is up.

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Eva/TABA,

You are definitely correct, though I hadn't really thought about the SS and its more esoteric activities. This would also qualify as being one of the types of groups brought up here, and I would not be surprised to find lingering talents cultivated in a prior lifetime in those who were part of the particular sections of the SS that specialized in this sort of thing.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--The good ol' Indiana Jones epics about "The Lost Ark" and "The Last Crusade" are based in part on Hitler and Himmler's search for ancient artifacts that were rumored to bestow occult powers However, they ignore the most famous artifact of the era (at least in Hitler's eyes): The Heilige Lanze, the spear that was reputedly thrust into Jesus' side on the cross. However, its alleged history in occult circles goes much much farther back. In fact, it's legendary powers were so close to those associated with Sauron's Ring of Power that it makes me wonder whether Tolkien had it in mind (though I'm too lazy at the moment to research the point). Interestingly, the same somewhat dubious sources also say that the various versions on public display or publicly acknowledged are just extremely good forgeries and that the original is secreted away somewhere. All very interesting if one is in the mood, and has time to dive down a rabbit hole or two. o_O

4. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

When it comes to Tolkien I don't think that there was anything occult related as that is a very different rabbit hole so to speak but there was certainty something behind his work that has something deep to it that can't be just fiction regardless of his WW1 experiences. The way it just came to him early on and how it rolled out onto paper is a bit unusual.

Sarah Jane likes this.
  5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi TABA,

I'd say any occultism was probably second hand. Tolkien was a very devout Catholic. However, he was also a well-read scholar who was a member of the Inklings--the famous group of writers and scholars that included himself, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, Owen Barfield and a host of other more transient notables (also mostly scholars):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inklings

The group had a focus on legend, myth and fantasy. Consequently, many of these folks were likely to be familiar with old legends about powerful talismans. Solomon's magic ring was a well known artifact to many, and the Lance was a part of German history and legend, also known to many. Charles Williams had been involved in the Golden Dawn, a famous 19th century occult group. Plus, the entire thrust of the Inklings was towards the fantasy milieu where magic was woven into the very fabric of the worlds they wrote about. So, from a literary standpoint I'd definitely say he was influenced, but from an experiential standpoint, I have no idea though I (like you) personally doubt he had any involvement in that type of thing.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Oh yeah, the SS had a lot of esoteric stuff going on. It was mostly like a ‘secret society’ (like the Freemasons, but not if you know what I mean). There was heaps of weird stuff that went on at Wewelsberg Castle. The Obergruppenführersaal that I touched on, was just one of many.

I didn’t know that about Indiana Jones film! :eek::confused: Though I did see a reference in a Big Bang Theory episode once and did wonder why they would bring up such a topic on a primetime show such as BBT.

Eva x