• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Live Regression Unsuccessful

ecute13

Member
I have undergone past life regression with various therapists and also with self guided meditation tapes. However I am unable to recall any past life memories. Thus the issues which might be related due to it still remains unresolved. I guess many people also face similar problem. If anybody knows any other method than guided meditation for it.
 
Welcome to the Forum, ecute13.


In my personal opinion, regression is an excellent tool for Past Life (PL) memories, but if it doesn't work, then you might try looking for yet another therapist, but then that soon gets very expensive after awhile.


And you said you had tried self guided meditation tapes, but they didn't work either.


Have you tried your dreams then, as dreaming is a portal to the unconscious mind (and PL memories) as we sleep, and if you record the dream in a log right away upon awakening, then a pattern might develop after a while of a dream that seems familiar.


Good luck, nice dreams and hope this helps!
 
I have yet to have a pl regression, although I am looking forward to the opportunity. I have, however, had extensive success investigating past lives through meditation, and there is a technique.


Initially I got nothing and was becoming increasingly frustrated. I was trying to visualize things through where I thought my third eye was and expecting images to come from where I imagine and see. I was looking, gazing and waiting on something to come, just as one watches for the mail or anything else coming from a specific direction. I was at the peak of my frustration and I had given up and let go and was on the verge of falling asleep and my internal vision went from "focused on where I was looking" to "focused everywhere". All of a sudden I noticed a motion in an area I would have previously thought of as "behind my right ear"! I had been looking in one place when I should have been looking everywhere. I noted then that it is possible to see 360 degrees "over there".


As I focused first on the motion, it became several images which began to solidify. As they filled in, I saw not only what the individual saw through his eyes, but also saw the individual from outside as well as the surroundings...then the emotions hit and everything became dramatically real. Each scene brings familiarity, mental impressions and state of mind at the time of the viewing. I also found each life I glimpsed included a sense of judgment...not so much bad or good, but effective and productive or misguided with lost opportunities.


I have had nothing but positive experiences with these impressions. Some things I have witnessed were shocking (the treacherous murder of my best friend), some sad (a life of striving to reach a goal and just as I achieved it I was killed saving a little girl), some extremely satisfying (a full sense of love and happiness as a simple fisherman), but all provide a feeling of confirmation, consistency and a tremendous sense of hope and reassurance.
 
Hi ecute13, welcome to the forum :)


I'm sorry to hear that you are having no luck with remembering your past lives, how long have you been trying for?


There could be a number of reasons why regression is not working for you. I think the most common of those reasons are relaxation and too much expectation. Sometimes we can actually hinder ourselves by going into a regression expecting a past life to be revealed to us, and all that does is interrupt our focus.


I would recommend trying a few months worth of relaxation exercises. Forget about remembering your past lives for now, and just concentrate on relaxing while focussing on your breathing, try to empty your mind of all thoughts.


After you've been doing that for a while, and before you try again with your meditation tapes, take a look at some of these threads which may help to put you in the right frame of mind:



I hope they help. Good luck, and let us know how you're getting on.


Chris :)
 
Welcome to Past Life forum ecute 13, I don't think there is any one answer to your unsuccessful attempts to access your past life. There may be one possibility. It may be simply that your sub consciouss mind is not yet ready to relay this information to your consciouss mind. This may be because the PL memory is something unbearable for you conscoiuss mind to deal with. This may be some tramatic thing that happened in your PL. If this is the case, the memories will not come all at once, but will slowly creep into the consciouss memory over time. This has been my own experience. If a past life issue is somehow affecting your present life, then your sub consciouss mind will block this memory until you are ready to learn of the issue. It may be that if you suspect a past life issue is affecting your present, that may well be the case, and you may even know what that is, but are just looking for confirmation. I hope you will find a resolution to this, I think you will in time.
 
ecute13 said:
If anybody knows any other method than guided meditation for it.
Hi Ecute13, and a warm welcome to the Forum.


First, allow me to make the observation that your resolve to uncover your own past lives is interesting in view of the difficulty you've encountered along the way. I must say that I relate to your problem, and I have had to overcome some serious roadblocks before finally recognizing what was practically under my nose all the time.


Like you, I explored all the methodologies involved in finding that elusive "thing" that would prove that we are more than just a mindless accident. But, the one thing I refused to give up along the way was my own skeptical training and point of view. Carol Bowman, herself, was the one who helped me over that final hurdle by suggesting that I not dismiss what I thought was pure imagination.


We are all taught from early childhood that our imaginations are not real, and that we should dismiss whatever we imagine as nonsense. But, when one really thinks about imagination and asks oneself where such ideas come from, one realizes that each person's imagination is often very specific to each individual. It may be true, as many psychologists suggest, that our imaginations provide an escape from the troubles of reality. But does that mean that all we imagine is not real?


It is often very difficult for some of us to open up our minds, especially if we have been fooled or lied to in the past. And, as skeptics are known to say, one must be be careful not to open our minds too much, lest everything else falls out. But, what if we are being too careful? What if we are methodically closing ourselves off from the evidence that is all around us, in our dreams, or even in our imaginations.


Perhaps the only method we have not yet considered is the one which let's go of methodology, rationality and logic.
 
Back
Top