• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Personal Validation

ChrisR

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
To validate is to authenticate, verify, prove. But what about personal validation? little nuggets of evidence that prove nothing to anybody else, but mean so much to you personally?

While researching my past life as Lisbet, I came across two pictures on the internet. One of them (the first picture) is of a scene that closely matches a memory that has been haunting me for half of my life, even down to those bushy plants on the ground. The other picture is personal proof that there are lakes around the volcano where Lisbet died .... quite a significant find for me personally.

Research up until now has shown the terrain around the volcano to be very rugged and inhospitable. I remember the volcano erupted when I was heading to the lake with my father to catch fish. How could there be any lakes in a place like this, has always been my question? Well the photo's I found yesterday show that there are indeed lakes in the region, and that they are accessible. Totally meaningless 'proof' to anybody else, but quite a significant validation for me personally. Just two simple pictures that struck a chord and stirred a reaction within my soul.

Does anybody else have any similar experiences?

I've always had a frustrating time with validation. Whereas I suppose many others have had success with validating dreams and imagery that was discovered in mediation, I sort of zeroed in on myself with a different process and I never really had anything to go on other a strong impression of my gender and culture.

Never really having a "before the fact" validation, other than the correlation of personal information (personality, likes, etc) has always left me feeling a bit unsure of myself.

However about a year ago, I had a dream in which I was laying on my back in bed. At the foot of the bed was a wardrobe and both the doors were open. The left side held drawers and the right held shelves, I think.

There was a woman in a simple black dress (roughly 1930's clothing) looking for something in the wardrobe and she was telling me that I had to get up because I had to be somewhere. I couldn't really see into the right compartment because the woman was standing in front of it as she bent down to get something out of the drawer on the left.

Sometime about a year later I was doing image searches on Baidu (Chinese Google) and that lead me to a Chinese language forum where I found the following picture.

From the translated text, I found that the bedroom belonged to my previous life and it's a historical site now. But within it, you can see the wardrobe I had I my dream. I didn't see the mirror because the door on that side was open.

From my dream, it was at the foot of the bed. But it could have easily have been moved to allow tourists through, or for maintenance of the room.

7251681222_379be7e0d9_z.jpg

I can think of two of my prior lives that I've been able to personally validate.

Back around 1985/86, when I had my first regression session which brought me back to my Native American life connected to the Washita massacre, there was no internet or Google and the only available source of research I had was the old Enclopedia set my first husband's grandmother kept in her spare bedroom. I remember one of my first memories during my regression was sitting on a horse and watching a steam train pass by. I was a male, around 16-17 years old at that time. I also described the prairie and the rolling hills in the background. Years later, when I acquired a computer and was able to more easily search for more information, I came across a map of the Washita site and there, running through the site, was an old railroad track. Also during that session, I said that I was in Cheyenne, Oklahoma, it was 1868, and I kept getting the word Black Kettle (didn't know if this was a person or a place). I had never heard of Cheyenne, Oklahoma, so I thought I made a mistake and meant Cheyenne, Wyoming but when I researched, I found out that a such a place did exist, and that the Washita massacre had occurred there in 1868, killing Chief Black Kettle and most of the remainder of his tribe.

My second validation happened just shortly after I moved to Scotland (my husband needed to return to his homeland to care for his ailing parents). I had only lived in Scotland for less than year when I started having dreams of an old hospital. The dreams were so consistent and vivid - I even managed to hear part of the name of this hospital. I asked my husband and his parents but they said they hadn't heard of such a hospital. So I continued researching and actually found the full name of this hospital but I had to do more researching before I could find one picture because as it turned out, the hospital had been demolished in the 1970's. When I saw the picture, it was exactly as I had seen it in my vision...right down to the terraced buildings, the open air verandas (something I had never seen while I lived in America) and the stairs leading up to a vast lawn. Now that I had the full name of the hospital, I asked my in-laws again, and after some thought, they finally remembered...it had been a very long time since they had even thought about the old hospital.

ChrisR

In an old thread we were speculated about the name Guerrera, as an unlikely one.

Well, it is possible you already know this, but Guerrera surname really exist and it is of Catalan origin, besides, this is not a commun surname, even in Spain.

So, it seems very few people in Spain and Latin America, have the surname Guerrera.

Hi Reisender,

I remember that discussion and I just looked it up, that was 3 years ago! :eek:

In that discussion, a number of variations of the name were offered: Guerrera, Guerrero, Guerreri, Guerra. I've never been 100% sure of the surname, but always felt it was either Guerrera or Guerrero, and as research revealed that Guerrera seemed to be the more common of the two names, I've always stuck with that one, and kind of got used to it now. I'm always open to suggestions and advice though, so your comments are welcome :)

That's awesome Chris. Thanks for sharing.I know what you mean about personal validations. It doesn't really matter to me about proving anything to anyone else. It's not my job to convince anyone that reincarnation is real. But the personal validations can help with reminding YOU that you're are not crazy. :laugh: These validations add up and it's like pieces of a puzzle fitting together.A big one for me was while remembering my last life in a hypnotic state I identified my dad's car in that life as a 1966 Ford Galaxie. Keep in mind I am not a classic car enthusiast and have very little knowledge of them. I consciously could not identify what a Ford Galaxie looks like, much less pin pointing a year. Then searching on the internet later I found pictures of '66 Galaxies that looked just like the one in my memory, even the same shade of blue. It was shocking and eerie to me.Does correctly identifying the make and model of a car prove reincarnation? No, of course not. Not by mine or anyone else's standards, but it was still huge for me personally.

Galaxie.jpg

/monthly_2012_07/Galaxie.jpg.e5bd9e90954d11bb4f48f8dd61bcc541.jpg

I've had a couple validations. The first was after I had a dream of being a native on the island of Antigua around the time Colombus and his men named it. I later found a picture online of the bay that me and some others were by, while a spanish ship sailed by into the interior of the bay.

The other happened a couple weekends ago. Trying to find the identity of my Revolutionary War life, I came across the (many) stories of Hannah Caldwell. One of the versions is exactly like what I dreamt, but I guess it wasn't 'glamorous' enough for history. Another slight validation claims she haunts the livingroom of the rebuilt parsonage where she was shot. :rolleyes: LOL

I don't know if I took this for an absolute "validation," but the first thing that made me wonder if I might seriously have been a somewhat famous sailor from the Revolutionary war was when I found some of his handwriting on the internet. I was doing some "past life research" and out of the blue a voice told me to look up JPJ, and I did and I didn't think he looked anything like me, and his signature was ostentatious and ugly and nothing like my own, so I laughed it off, though I was very intrigued by his story. But later I found a sample of his regular handwriting (not just his signature) and thought, hey, that *does* look a lot like my cursive handwriting. So I made a copy of what he wrote (not looking directly at the original) and compared it right next to his. This made me drop my pen and stare at my hand for a minute or so ... it's not even the same hand! Since then there have been a lot of weird (and some very dramatic) moments that would seem to validate this idea, but I've always left room for doubt, mostly because the guy *was* pretty famous.

Reisender said:
ChrisR
In an old thread we were speculated about the name Guerrera, as an unlikely one.

Well, it is possible you already know this, but Guerrera surname really exist and it is of Catalan origin, besides, this is not a commun surname, even in Spain.

So, it seems very few people in Spain and Latin America, have the surname Guerrera.
In San Jose, CA when I was growing up it seemed every other house was a Guerrera or Guerrero!:laugh:

Shiftkitty said:
In San Jose, CA when I was growing up it seemed every other house was a Guerrera or Guerrero!:laugh:
Guerrero means warrior, and Guerrera is for female warrior.

But pronunciation from some English speakers make sound confusing.

The surname Guerrero is quite commun compared to Guerrera.

You got that right. I had a problem with people mispronouncing my last name all the time (Chacon). Ironically, none of the Guerreros or Guerreras that I knew were particularly good fighters! Lots of big talk, but that was it.

My personal validation of the Past Lives that I can remember is two part.

To any one else, this would be of no consequence or a validation, but you had to be me to understand the feelings I got from these dreams, that’s the only way I can explain it to you.

I think this validation is related to my death in the Atlantic as a WWII RAF pilot, as a child I was DEATHLY afraid of the Atlantic Ocean, yet displayed no such fears in the Gulf of Mexico, later on, I seemed to have come to grips with my fears, as a teenager I surfed with friends off the coast of East Florida, in the Atlantic!!!

The birthmark on my stomach is my personal validation for a Past Life where as a small child I was attacked, bitten and killed by a large wolf or dog, this information came to me in a very clear dream as a child, where I became aware of my soul rising up out of my injured body in the dream, yet in real life, up to that time, I had no knowledge of OOBE’s or Astral Projection.

As I said, these are MY personal validations and your experiences may vary from mine, basically when all is said and done at the end of the day, for me, it boils down to a matter of faith.

Midnight.Sapphires said:
Also during that session, I said that I was in Cheyenne, Oklahoma, it was 1868, and I kept getting the word Black Kettle (didn't know if this was a person or a place). I had never heard of Cheyenne, Oklahoma, so I thought I made a mistake and meant Cheyenne, Wyoming but when I researched, I found out that a such a place did exist, and that the Washita massacre had occurred there in 1868, killing Chief Black Kettle and most of the remainder of his tribe.
Midnight.Sapphires, you might read "Little Big Man", which is historical fiction, but it provides quite a clear first person account of the Washita massacre. I believe there is more truth in it than not, despite the story line of the oldest living man Jack Crabb, who described surviving the massacre as a white man living as an indian.

A question for all: does ‘validation’ mean closure for you or does is open up more questions?

(My most recent ‘validation’ happened on Kos, Greece but it’s a long story and a bit strange.)

This is going to sound awful but one of my more modern past lives was as a member of the KGB! I was supervising or ‘cheeking up on’ the Polish SB (an equivalent force) who, (it has since emerged) were working in Lithuania (which my contact had said they regarded as part of Poland). In fact, I thought the past life memory had actually been in Poland until I saw some surprising images...

This is not usually the sort of memory people come clean about and I’m certainly not proud of it, however, the truth will out.

I had a vivid ‘memory’ of walking along a narrow, tunnel-like concrete corridor and looking at my wrist-watch. I knew I was a KGB operative because I had the KGB issue watch with the shield on it and got the impression that this was not my usual place of work.

Someway along the corridor and to the right, I entered a room with a smaller room (cell) connected to it. The cell door was open and I could see a filthy lengthways mattress inside which was directly opposite and beneath a small square window, touching either wall side.

I was carrying a clipboard and was taking notes with what looked like a chunky black or very dark brown Bakelite-type pen.

In the larger room (which was like a dog-leg in plan and appeared to be near or on the ground floor because it had a larger window out of which I could see branches), an exhausted and almost emaciated man was being interrogated by another individual who was using heated steel wool in place of electrodes. These were connected to odd looking steel boxes, machinery of some description. (Possibly a cumbersome 40’s or 50’s transformer?)

I found this bizarre and terrifying but somehow kept very calm.

It should be noted that the entire event seemed surreal and I asked the interrogator why he was doing this. He replied diplomatically, referring to his superiors in allegorical language: “the demons make me do this”. The interrogator himself looked as though he had been drugged. His eyes rolled and he seemed insane. He continued with the victim and said nothing else. I took some further notes, although I cannot remember what for.

I got my validation by accident when I came across these [see website] images a few years ago (though not on the same website). I felt terrified. I then knew for certain. It was as though someone had poured warm water over me, except that 'water' was fear.

In particular, the 12th picture down on the first page.

http://www.comtourist.com/history/baltics/photos-vilnius-kgb-hq/

Validation for me sparks more curiosity in most cases. I say "in most cases" because a couple of times it has brought a form of closure or an explanation for some life problem that I am then better equipped to deal with. For example, I was one of those pushy drivers who always had to be in the front of the pack. If I was not first up at the line, even though the light was red, I would get fidgety and impatient and would sometimes lunge at the guy in front if he wasn't accelerating fast enough for me when the light eventually did change. I'm still a fast driver, preferring speed and power slides, etc., but after connecting with a life racing chariots I was able to get control of it. After all, I wasn't at the Circus Maximus anymore! (I wonder if I ever made it to the CM in that life. I have more memories of smaller venues.) Now I scratch that itch on open highways and higher speed freeways around here.

Fascinating thread!

Personal validation - for myself, I have found lots of clues, as well as a few pictures on the internet that look eerily like what I remember, though I have not got my name in any past life other then 1, and as for dates I have heard them in dreams but do not know which lives they connect to. Most of my memories are so detailed I feel no need to try to 'back them up', (along with the fact that I was usually a common person centuries ago that would be impossible to trace now) - but still, finding those clues is rewarding somehow. I have started finding a few here and a few there, or realizing I had dreamed about the same place or person more then once, I have been writing them all down together, adding over time. I am still working at it, probably always will be. I remember when I first joined the forum, I saw others were doing this as well, and I felt like I wasn't the only one out there! To this day I find it fascinating to read and see how others 'put together their past' so-to-speak...:thumbsup:

this may be the first time I've managed to validate something. The first memory I managed to access was via a self-regression. I've written about it before, but basically I was by the docks at the beginning of the Great War, helping to load horses onto a ship. I remember seeing something like rigging on the ship, which didn't seem right, ships didn't have rigging in 1914! I must have made it all up! but yesterday I came across this picture:

Landing_horses_at_Gallipoli%2C_ca_1915.jpg

not only horses, but a ship with rigging! I don't remember a hoist (there was a gangway the horses were being led up in my memory), but the rigging was there, and it was the rigging that caught my attention in this picture! Just a small thing, but it meant a lot to me, and really made me think :)

Helz_belz - what a fantastic confirmation. A wonderful validation. :)

World War I was a transition between the 1800's and 1900's. I read a while back that a surviving crew member of the Titanic, or maybe someone connected with the company, told his relatives before he died a few years ago that the reason the ship hit the iceberg was the helmsman on duty who did the actual steering had previously served on sailing ships. Sailing ships steered the opposite of steam ships, you turned the wheel in the opposite direction of where you wanted to go. He had been trained to steer on the new steam ships, but when in panic mood he accidentally reverted back to the old ways. By the time the supervising officer on deck had realized the mistake and grabbed the wheel and spun it the opposite direction, it was too late. The older officers and officials were aware of this but kept quiet for fear the company would go out of business along with their own jobs. No one born later would even be aware of this technical fact.

ChrisR said:
To validate is to authenticate, verify, prove. But what about personal validation? little nuggets of evidence that prove nothing to anybody else, but mean so much to you personally? [...]Does anybody else have any similar experiences?
I love this thread...not sure why I didn't see this before.

I don't talk too much about myself on CPL, but the verification aspect of the journey is pretty big with me. I remembered quite a bit when I was a child and fortunately have been able to research through books, historical forums, and travel several things. I'm very proud of that.

One reason I like this thread is because the OP is asking of 'little nuggets' of evidence that mean so much personally. Anyone can look at a list of verifications and say, 'Well, you must of read about that before or saw it on television!' And sure, the skeptic asking this could have a point...but these personal verifications, these little prized glimpses of the past are usually so specific and, unless you were there, usually not too interesting to another person. Unlikely anyone saw this stuff on TV.

I have two 'nuggets' that I am comfortable sharing here:

1. One memory involved my receiving a pair of salt and pepper shakers as a gift. I was polite, but inwardly thought that they were hideous and turned one upside down to see who the heck created such an ceramic nightmare. Under the shaker was a stamp in black or blue that read 'Hohenzollern'.

Though I recognized this as a past life memory, I didn't think too much about it because I had other things going on. Later, I was able to use the internet to verify the mark. I was stunned to find some 'Hohenzollern' items for sale on eBay (turn of the century stuff) and I found a website called Porcelain Marks and More that showed the various marks the company used (and the mark from my memory did exist...that sent me reeling for days).

There was skimpy information about the company due to the fact that it was owned by a Jewish family who was either forced to stop production in 1938 or had sold the company in 1932 and was taken off the registry.

I emailed the site owner off and on to find out more information and was so excited by this little verification, bought my own set of Hohenzollern shakers off of eBay with the mark:

(No longer available)

2. Another memory I had always assumed happened when I was little, yet when I was 13 or so and started to think I had a past life, I had to accept the fact that maybe it hadn't. This was one of the first memories where I started to come to terms with the fact that things I remembered didn't add up to my current life because I was too tall, talking to people I didn't know now, or they were taking place in surroundings that didn't make sense.

The memory was from WWI and the obvious element in it to research was a piece of equipment. I won't go into that here. The little gem that means so much to me was the surroundings. I had always remembered knowing there was a large body of water nearby, fields of something being grown that always look grey and lifeless to me, and tall slim trees planted in a row in the distance. I had assumed that the trees were a windbreak for whatever crops were being grown in those fields.

But yeah, when I was younger the obvious thing was to verify what is actually happening in the memory and the piece of equipment being used. Since it was WWI without a doubt, I had to assume that the fields were in either Belgium or France.

Last year I was browsing online casually about WWI and came across a modern day photo without a caption of a WWI graveyard. The graveyard wasn't what grabbed my attention, but it was the background. It was similar to that place I had 'known' since childhood, right down to the distinctive-looking, slim and tall trees. I was interested in where the photo was taken and asked the site's owner where it was. They told me it was near Tyne Cot Cemetery in Passchendaele.

Now, this didn't necessarily mean that I was exactly right there in my memory, but a quick jaunt on Google Earth made me realize that I was probably near the correct area. What is grown there looks like a lot of corn and the place is littered with lines of these tall trees. In my mind, it just fits.

I used to have several Google Earth screenshots of the area that tugged at me and the places pinned on Google Earth itself. However, my computer crashed not that long ago and I lost the information. However, I just now took a screenshot of the sort of thing I am talking about to share with you all:

(No longer available)

I wish I could find a better shot, but you'll get the general idea from this.

There was something about seeing the place in color, in modern times as opposed to those inky period photos that made my heart skip a beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are very good validations. As you said, not likely to be pulled from a history book. The tree grouping is striking, and few people know anything about porcelain markings. Thank you for sharing.

BriarRose said:
Those are very good validations. As you said, not likely to be pulled from a history book. The tree grouping is striking, and few people know anything about porcelain markings. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks, I was very pleased with my results...though I admit it took many years to get these. They definitely didn't happen overnight. : angel The WWI memory I've had since I was a kid, so from the late '70s. A memory like this seems to get verified in layers. First there is the validation of the important things happening, then later it's details are fine tuned. Usually, the 'fine tuning details' are things found quite by accident.

Alexius said:
A question for all: does ‘validation’ mean closure for you or does is open up more questions
For me, validation means closure and gives me a soothing feeling that I'm not just making stuff up. Sometimes, we can feel that reincarnation isn't real or that we're just latching onto coincidences. When I get something verified, even a small thing, I have to ask myself why I ever thought I was nuts and what would the odds be that I'd pull correct information just out of the air?

That's amazing, inhaltslos! It's incredible that you found the pottery that made the shakers! I was actually contemplating a post about buying things that remind us of past lives and your comment here inspired me to take the plunge, so thank you!

Good thread

Now that rooms are being mentioned, I think I' m not too bad at remembering rooms, although in most of those cases the validations only come when other people also remembers those rooms from a past life, it' s kinda like "secondhand" validations since can' t compare them with pictures. There is one case though where I was able to semi-validate a room. In some automatic writing exercise I wrote down how the room in my last pl years looked like, I mentioned a few items but what I always thought it was more significant for some reason is that there was a little window above the bed. At the time, I drew this sketch of the room

(No longer available)

A few years later I actually found in a documentary a picture of how the room looked like, and there was indeed, a window above the bed (although the other items weren' t exactly where I said they were)

(No longer available)

Some people might say (and obviously I wondered myself), maybe I saw the picture before and then I forgot? It' s unlikely, and also, my power of imagination is null, had I seen that picture before I would have "remembered" the room from the same perspective, and I saw it from a totally different one.

Back