... by the way, I looked into
this : ..
Look at the modern reconstruction of Sarmatian and Dacian costumes, on the right.
There's a man with a "cloak" and it seems to be buckled. I remember my father (Gwydion

) had a buckle like that.
.... and it's funny, I just thought that there's something quite consistent with my notion of breeches. When I saw my husband in his breeches, it didn't really feel as if I had not known that men wore breeches. I just felt that they wore some kind of tunic that covered them, like the men in that depiction.
As for the olive oil, it's definetly something from "home", not from the place I was at when I got married.
Another thing: it was cold at my husbands home - colder than where I came from. However, I must say that the cold was not unfamiliar to me, it was not something that I had never experienced before. Back home it got quite cold sometimes as well.
I don't know if I'm helping or damaging your investigations, but this is what I have so far.
Oh, and another thing! A carved object, made of wood. I will draw it and post it here.