• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Reoccurring life

repetition

Hi.

This is my first day here so hello to you all.

My story and experience is more about reoccurring life and not so much about re-incarnation, some call it ‘time slip’ amongst other things, does that count on this forum please, should I post it here.

Hi.

This is my first day here so hello to you all.

My story and experience is more about reoccurring life and not so much about re-incarnation, some call it ‘time slip’ amongst other things, does that count on this forum please, should I post it here.
Hi @repetition and welcome to the forum.

To be honest, I don't understand your question. This forum is dedicated to sharing and investigating past life stories and when I use Google Translate on 'recurring life' in my language, it seems to point to reincarnation.

Hi @repetition and welcome to the forum.

To be honest, I don't understand your question. This forum is dedicated to sharing and investigating past life stories and when I use Google Translate on 'recurring life' in my language, it seems to point to reincarnation.

Thank you for your welcome

If it is a question of semantics the word re-incarnation means in my language:
‘’a person or animal in whom a particular soul is believed to have been reborn’’

Where as the word recurring means in my language:
‘’occurring again periodically or repeatedly’’

I chose my word carefully because my experience is that my life appears to have a similar repetition at the same time, I am not suggesting that my soul was passed onto another person, animal or being.

Does this help?

Welcome Repetition.
I don't understand very well but english is not my first language.
Do you mean déjà-vu experiences? As if you had already been somewhere or done something?

Welcome Repetition.
I don't understand very well but english is not my first language.
Do you mean déjà-vu experiences? As if you had already been somewhere or done something?

Hi Emma66

Thank you for your welcome.

No not quite déjà-vu, …..without getting into semantics again per se, but there is a difference between reincarnation and reoccurring.

That was why I asked the question as above, perhaps I can make it more clear if I get into what I experienced, it is not very easy to explain.

No it is not déjà-vu. It is not the feeling that you have already experienced something that is actually happening for the first time.

It is like a parallel person with much the same outcome but just at different times

I use places and people as a ‘marker’ in time,

I remember breaking up with my wife at the first house I bought, but the strange thing is that I remember us being happily married and living together when we moved into the second house I bought.

This is a very short account but the bones of it have caused me to reflect more on this anomaly as I have got older, particularly when someone asks me about my earlier married years and where I/we lived.

I am suggesting that do we have a parallel Universe, life or something similar that we don't know about, aware of or understand.

I would like to hear your comments, similar experiences or any questions about my experience.

I remember breaking up with my wife at the first house I bought, but the strange thing is that I remember us being happily married and living together when we moved into the second house I bought.

Hi Repetition,

This is interesting, but I would appreciate some additional detail. Are you saying that you remembered living with your wife in the second house when you were living there and already divorced from her? Or, is this a memory you have now that you didn't have when you actually lived there? I think you could expand this very interesting sentence into a few paragraphs to provide more about the sequence of events and of memories of those events. I.e., when did certain events occur, and when did you first have certain memories of those events or alternate events (or realities)?

I don't think this is reincarnation. However, it is not necessarily contra reincarnation either. I believe there are some researchers that claim that our lives are more-or-less mapped out in advance, with different alternatives possible based on how we handle specific decision points or crises. Much of this can, apparently, be known to the individual prior to embarking upon a new lifetime. So, it is possible that you are remembering something that you were exposed to during the life between earthly lives in terms of how your life would have been if things had gone another way and you and the wife you lived with in the first house had not divorced. The books of Dr. Michael Newton come to mind in this regard, but I cannot specifically recall more at the moment.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi repetition,

I really don't know if your question belongs to this forum or not. It's an interesting situation but probably out of most people's field of experience. Believe me, I've experienced so many weird phenomena in my life but yours is not one of them. I can imagine this (false) memory drives you crazy.

I think that S&S's explanation might be a possibility. That you seem to remember several different possible paths of your next life while still being in the Life before Birth state. If this would be the case, I assume you have other experiences of crossing veils, and/or experience with astral projection?

The other day, while I was processing food in the kitchen, I listened to a podcast of a neuroscientist who had a Near Death Experience (something that changed his life radically after he came back). I didn't listen very closely and suddenly his voice said clearly: "People think that memories are stored in the brain but I say that's not the case."

I don't know if he meant to say this about all possible memories but I certainly agree with that when it comes to past-life memories. In my view, those are stored in the astral plane and when we try to remember former lives, our consciousness should tune in that field.

I cannot find a ‘Quote’ button so I have done ‘copy & paste’ where highlighted.

fireflydancing:

“I really don't know if your question belongs to this forum or not”

With due respect It is not a question, If my experience does not belong on this forum please say now, because with just the interest and question from SeaAndSky my explanation could get quite lengthy, that was why I posted a very brief summary.

Welcome to the forum!
I cannot find a ‘Quote’ button so I have done ‘copy & paste’ where highlighted.
You can quote part of a message by selecting/highlighting some text then clicking the black "reply" button that pops up. Alternatively, you can quote an entire post by clicking "reply" on the bottom right corner (next to the like button)

I have not experienced anything like this, but I have had episodes of surprisingly accurate precognition and deja vu with very specific events. Perhaps it is just good intuition, or maybe there is an ESP or parapsychological component to it. Who knows. I haven't really thought about it much.

To me, your experience sounds like it could be precognition, but instead of getting glimpses of the future, you visualised an alternate future instead (one that never came to pass). Maybe you could call it On the other hand, perhaps you have falsely remembered a dream/imagined scene as a real memory, so it seems like you have two versions of an event.

Of course, this is just pure speculation, I do not know for sure what you are experiencing and am rather unfamiliar with psychology. In the end, this is a question that only you can answer because only you have access to your memories. I hope this answer was somewhat helpful though, and as others have said, if you provide more examples I would love to read :)

Last edited:
Good morning! :)

I look forward to learning more!

I met a woman once, she is an acquaintance of my Father and his friends. She pulled me aside and told me she knew my Father and his friends for their other lives. She explained to me that we have other selves out there living different lives- some slight variants lead to dramatic differences in reality. One of the friends she explained was an alcoholic on another timeline. She also suggested that some people are exactly the same no matter the timeline.

I do believe in All God. So do I believe in other selves? Absolutely, they're right here and now. I think the world is full of magic and wonder. Multiple timelines, alternate realities, time travel, inter-dimensional travel, telepathy... Yup.

I wonder, if what you're experiencing in any way relates to nonordinary states of consciousness?
I've started a thread on the subject here:

And would be happy diving into it with you! Or any other moments of intrigue you wish to elaborate on.

Welcome to the forums.

Hi

Thank you for more welcomes.

So many good replies and questions here, I don’t know where to start,

A precognition is foreknowledge of an event, especially as a form of extrasensory perception.

My experiences were not foreknowledge of an event, but were something that I had, or ESP, especially as a form of extrasensory perception or clairvoyance relating to an event or state not yet experienced.

It was not a dream either, this was something that took place over many years,

Perhaps we can start with the basics,

If what I experienced that was so real to me across several years but was really just a dream, how could I be sure I am not just dreaming now!

Or is this your dream you are dreaming now! and me and this forum does not exist in a real world but is just in your dream, how would you tell and how could you be sure?

No reply to my question above,....... after all it was your question to me to start with!...............is this because it is not possible to know if you are dreaming or actually taking part in a real life situation?

Apologies, I thought your question was rhetorical. Here's what I personally think.

The difference between dreams and real life is the consistence. In a dream, things can change partway through, like opening a door in your dream house but instead of leading to the living room it now leads to a sports stadium. Not just locations, but everything is internally inconsistent. However in real life, there is a sense of permanence. Nothing goes wonky like in a dream, and I can be sure that if I, for example, lean against a wall, the wall isn't going to suddenly turn into sponge as it might in a dream, because the real world is consistent with itself.

Looking for signs of dreaming like this is one way to lucid dream, which is being aware that you're dreaming. Once I had a dream in which I caught the bus into town as usual, but the top floor of the double decker bus was a warehouse and the cityscape kept warping (buildings were changing as the bus drove past). I thought "wait a minute, this doesn't seem right" and realised it was a dream. Then once I figured that out, I could change parts of my dream, like making people appear and changing the landscape.

So that's how I tell the difference between dream and reality.

Last edited:
My memories of the two different occurrences are very clear with no "warping" that being in #6,
In short my wife was living with me in our second home when we applied for a divorce, but we broke up and she went to live with her next partner 'Peter' when we were in our first home, I remember clearly Peter's wife 'June' coming to visit me at my first home to tell me why my wife had left and were they were living.

My memories of the two different occurrences are very clear with no "warping" that being in #6,
In short my wife was living with me in our second home when we applied for a divorce, but we broke up and she went to live with her next partner 'Peter' when we were in our first home, I remember clearly Peter's wife 'June' coming to visit me at my first home to tell me why my wife had left and were they were living.

Hi Repetition,

You lived in your second home (with your wife) and both of you applied for a divorce. However, you remember also that your wife had left when both of you lived in your first home. How long have you been living in your second home?

There are many real stories (experiences) that people slipped into the other universe (dimension). They were worried that people couldn’t believe their stories. When the experience involved two or more people, they kept discussing every time they meet even after decades.

Regarding to your experience; example, let say that in the other universe (dimension), June (Peter’s wife) visited ‘You’ in the second home, but she slipped into this dimension, thus June visited YOU in your first home. --- If you read stories (experiences), the situations might be slightly different, such as time, place, building, price, money, etc ---. Probably 'JUNE' in this dimension may visit you later.

If you keep writing daily notes (agenda) in many years (decades), you may check and start writing in chronological order. Thus you can talk in the version of this dimension, in case you talk to your colleagues, neighbors, nephew, niece, etc.

Take care.
Regards.

Last edited:
My wife and I lived together for about 2 years in each property, before our breakup in each property.

I remember silly little things that help me remember clearly, but never the less very significant,

June rang me and asked to visit me at my home, the front door at my first home was solid Oak, I did not know what she looked like, although I knew she and Peter were some 15 years older than we were, I was 21 and my wife was 19 at that time, so I expected June to look far less appealing than my pretty young wife, when I opened the front door to June I was in shock, I stood frozen for a moment to see a very well dressed pretty and attractive woman standing there, my first thoughts were ‘why would Peter leave this beautiful woman, I remember this so clearly. The contradiction to it is that my front door at our second home was all glass so there would not have been the shock of not knowing what June looked like before I opened the door.

There are many other anomalies to this that conflict with what happened, where and when, involving place of work, time, buildings and cars owned by us at the time.

Probably 'JUNE" in this dimension may visit you later.”
The problem with this is that it was not only June that was part of the incident, there were so many other factors that took place before and after June contacted me.

I don’t talk about this in general, I try to make more sense of it the older I get, I have only mentioned it to one person, not through fear of ridicule but if others have not experienced anything like this themselves they probably will not be able to understand or accept that some things are different to what they might think, my position is that if I am not believed that does not alter the truth, or what happened.

My wife and I lived together for about 2 years in each property, before our breakup in each property.

I remember silly little things that help me remember clearly, but never the less very significant,

June rang me and asked to visit me at my home, the front door at my first home was solid Oak, I did not know what she looked like, although I knew she and Peter were some 15 years older than we were, I was 21 and my wife was 19 at that time, so I expected June to look far less appealing than my pretty young wife, when I opened the front door to June I was in shock, I stood frozen for a moment to see a very well dressed pretty and attractive woman standing there, my first thoughts were ‘why would Peter leave this beautiful woman, I remember this so clearly. The contradiction to it is that my front door at our second home was all glass so there would not have been the shock of not knowing what June looked like before I opened the door.

There are many other anomalies to this that conflict with what happened, where and when, involving place of work, time, buildings and cars owned by us at the time.

Probably 'JUNE" in this dimension may visit you later.”
The problem with this is that it was not only June that was part of the incident, there were so many other factors that took place before and after June contacted me.

I don’t talk about this in general, I try to make more sense of it the older I get, I have only mentioned it to one person, not through fear of ridicule but if others have not experienced anything like this themselves they probably will not be able to understand or accept that some things are different to what they might think, my position is that if I am not believed that does not alter the truth, or what happened.

Hello,

Perhaps you had many strange experiences in decades. Perhaps when you were young, you were busy with routine tasks and activities that might cover confusions of strange experiences. As you are retired, you have time to remember and review your place and surroundings. Referring to time frame of your strange experiences, it happened about 25 years ago. You can check date of photographs, administration record, copy of payment, meet old friends, at least to clarify who, where, when it happened.

Good luck.

My first home was in Croydon, my second home was in Whyteleafe Surrey, I now live on the border of Cornwall and Devon.
[I just found ’add a picture’]

Unfortunately during all of this time friends had all moved on or away in some cases and lost touch, the situation is that I cannot even find my only sister who I have been looking for for years, now the years have passed there is no one who was involved with me and my ex-wife to converse with. My ex-wife has passed away along with Peter, I have no idea where June is or her second name, I could check administration records as you have suggested but I will only receive 1 account.

Here is another anomaly: My wife did not go to work when she was living with me in our first home, but when she left me to live with Peter she was driving the MGB GT to work at Philips Croydon where she met Peter who she was living with.

But she did not start work at Philips Croydon until we had moved and had been living in our second home for a long time, this was when I bought the MGB GT.

Oddly enough, recently a local friend did a data search on a heritage site and my background whilst looking for my sister, he told me my date of birth was exactly 12 months out of what it is and was even showing pictures of me when I was about 8 years old.

Attachments

• MGB GT.jpeg
    MGB GT.jpeg
    857.3 KB · Views: 1
Back