• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Resemblences; notable people past/present?

AOSpare said:
The goatee is there....but not much else...
gs%E2%80%93aos2.png
The cheeks are different.

Antonia said:
Lennon saw a picture of him and exclaimed, "That's me in a past life!"
Interestingly, I didn't know this is Yoko Ono's great grandfather.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuda_Zenjir%C5%8D

..Yasuda was the maternal great-grandfather of avant-garde artist and singer Yoko Ono, the widow of musician John Lennon. Lennon, on seeing Yasuda's photograph for the first time, is alleged to have said 'That's me in a former life', to which Ono replied 'Don't say that. He was assassinated.'
I always thought John and Yoko were 'soul mates'. They talk about when they first met as being strangely magical and that was 'it' for both of them from then on.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1966/11/07/john-lennon-meets-yoko-ono/

Then I went up to this thing that said, 'Hammer a nail in.' I said, 'Can I hammer a nail in?' and she said no, because the gallery was actually opening the next day. So the owner, Dunbar, says, 'Let him hammer a nail in.' It was, 'He's a millionaire. He might buy it,' you know. She's more interested in it looking nice and pretty and white for the opening. That's why she never made any money on the stuff; she's always too busy protecting it!
So there was this little conference and she finally said, 'OK, you can hammer a nail in for five shillings.' So smart-*** here says, 'Well, I'll give you an imaginary five shillings and hammer an imaginary nail in.' And that's when we really met. That's when we locked eyes and she got it and I got it and that was it.

I always thought Peter Stuyvesant (first governor of New Netherland, later called New York) and Gouverneur Morris looked alike. Interestingly, both had wooden legs.

Peter_Stuyvesant.jpg

240x240_bio_morris.jpg

Ah. Ok. It's not a strong resemblance ... but interesting all the same. Do you have a younger photo of yourself to compare to this one? Do you think it looks like you at a similar age?

Austin_Osman_Spare.jpg

Some resemblances are just uncanny though. Spooky!

celebrity-look-alike-4.jpg

celebrity-news-2.jpg

compare_zps0f799ead.jpg

Here's me and my 18th century former self. What's interesting is I have only seen one very poor photo of him and this is a recent portrait that was done by a contemporary artist. I've written her wanting to know what she used as her source for the painting and sadly, I've received no reply.

Marc Ross said:
SEE LINK: 'Reincarnation: Fact or Fiction' in post #3.
I have to point out.. There really are a million women in the world who look like Marilyn Monroe or Britney spears. The only reason those two pictures are even remotely similar is MAKEUP. Women can draw on any shape of lips they want with lip liner and lipstick to fill in the space. Women often times draw their lips on two sizes bigger than they actually are, you'd never know because of clever makeup skills. Women also 'professionally' have their makeup done to look like Monroe all the time. Remove the makeup, then maybe you can try comparing. Just look at a picture of Britney spears without makeup, I think you'll be quite surprised. As for Monroe, a picture of her without pounds of makeup probably is impossible to find.

Totoro said:
compare_zps0f799ead.jpg

Here's me and my 18th century former self. What's interesting is I have only seen one very poor photo of him and this is a recent portrait that was done by a contemporary artist. I've written her wanting to know what she used as her source for the painting and sadly, I've received no reply.
Ya never know. Resemblances sometimes are nothing more than a resemblance. How did you come to decide you are for sure this fellow? Just curious what your story is..

If you guys havn't seen it, here is an awesome video I saw a while back of side by side comparisons from celebrities to past figures. Some of the side by sides are quite shocking. The Christian bale one is fairly convincing as its such a unique facial structure. Ignore the music though, can be a little annoying. The most fascinating thing about some of these comparisons, is its not just the fact the faces look identical, there is a certain light shining from the eyes that's... well.. eyrishly the same. The eyes are almost more convincing than the identical facial features. The paintings/sculptures they show I think are too difficult to draw a conclusion, but the photographs are astonishing.

RainyLotus said:
Ya never know. Resemblances sometimes are nothing more than a resemblance. How did you come to decide you are for sure this fellow? Just curious what your story is..
You can read a more detailed account of my research, in my research thread, which is linked at the bottom of this post if you want.

But in short form, I had dream during a period of stress in which I was told to "hand him the keys"; I looked him up online the next morning and quite a few things fit the same pattern as my most previous past life.

We have the same birthday; his is on Monday, my previous past life's is on Tuesday (same date) and mine is on Wednesday. It's a neat, but significant pattern. But mainly, at the time, learning about him let me know about his adopted daughter, whose nick name was Billo.

A few years ago, my son made friends with a brother and sister in the neighborhood and over time, the girl has become like an adopted daughter to us. Her name is extremely similar to Billo's and she has the same pricing blue eyes that she was noted for.

We're very comfortable with each other and that made me feel very strange. It was the same kind of feeling I had with my quite a few years ago, who was my previous past live's husband. I think it was "their" way of helping feel better and along my life's path.

Photo comparisons, to me, only help after the initial research is done and there's been some establishment of facts. The reason I posted it though (and maybe I should have just kept it in my own thread) is that I think it's a better angle of me and I'm also wearing military body armor in it. It's not real though, it's just a knock off I use when I play a game similar to paintball; It's a kind of military simulation that I really enjoy and find challenging.

In many of my photos and my previous past lives, we have a pronounced, raised, right eyebrow. My theory is that is because Ranjit's left eye was damaged due to having small pox and his muscles around his right eye grew stronger in compensation. And like birth marks and other injuries, this was passed down to me. In the portrait, his right eyebrow is somewhat more raised than his left.

As an aside, it's a phenomenal portrait and I would really like to know what photos the painter used as the source. Mainly because I've only seen one real photo of Ranjit and the portrait captures such details as the "bags" under our eyes.

But aside from an interest in Chinese culture, the other dominating interest in my life has been the military, conflicts, guns etc. I would say that's our strongest connection along with a myriad of personality similarities.

That's about it in a nutshell and as I said, there's more at the link if you wanted to read. wine**

Cont...

RainyLotus said:
I have to point out.. There really are a million women in the world who look like Marilyn Monroe or Britney spears. The only reason those two pictures are even remotely similar is MAKEUP. Women can draw on any shape of lips they want with lip liner and lipstick to fill in the space. Women often times draw their lips on two sizes bigger than they actually are, you'd never know because of clever makeup skills. Women also 'professionally' have their makeup done to look like Monroe all the time. Remove the makeup, then maybe you can try comparing. Just look at a picture of Britney spears without makeup, I think you'll be quite surprised. As for Monroe, a picture of her without pounds of makeup probably is impossible to find.
As also mentioned in Post #3, facial recognition technologies would allow important impartial/objective approaches to making comparisons between present lives, and not necessarily well-known historical lives.

For Tortoro -

I recently saw the comedian Jimmy Fallon on TV. He looks spookily like Buster Keaton. Others have suggested this also, it's not just me. But it stopped me in my tracks when I first saw him.

Bgnx2xfCcAAaqs2.jpg:large

It's not just his appearance, which is somewhat similar, it's his expressions and mannerisms too, the way he looks off to the side sometimes when he's thinking ... lots of little things. Obviously he's still in show biz and still doing comedy, but in a modern way now.

I don't remember Buster Keaton from a previous life or anything, although it's quite likely I saw him in the movies in my previous life. I sort of feel like I grew up with him this life, because I was a big fan when I was a little kid and loved to watch his movies.

Jimmy-Main.jpg
f6d5d02be28ff579f31fa534af04381c.jpg

It is still quite unsettling sometimes watching Jimmy Fallon on TV when he does some little thing that is so like Buster Keaton.

There is a thread on Resemblances in notable people you might find interesting. Some of them are quite amazing.

A good friend of mine noticed this UNCANNY resemblance sometime last year when he auditioned for a place at RADA (The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art for those who don't know) in London.

This is Tom Hiddleston.

the_hollow_crown___henry_v.jpg

You may know him for his part as Loki in Marvel's Avengers movie (I personally prefer his Shakespeare work~), he enrolled and graduated from RADA with flying colours and has said on multiple occasions that he's always always been drawn to acting and loves to be on the stage performing.

THIS is the founder of RADA Herbert Beerbohm Tree. When I first saw this photo I genuinely thought this was Tom Hiddleston in a role for some production!!!

7607325300_471278837d_b.jpg

Jody, forgive me for asking but were you referring to my pictures or tanguerra's? :D

Well, both would seem to apply, but I was specifically referring to the pictures of you and your past life self. The face may not be a "perfect match", but the eyes give off the same "vibe."

Jody said:
Well, both would seem to apply, but I was specifically referring to the pictures of you and your past life self. The face may not be a "perfect match", but the eyes give off the same "vibe."
Thanks! I also think that's what jumps out at me about a lot of the photos here too and definitely including Tanguerra's Fallon photos as well.

You're right about the portrait too, it's not a perfect match. It is an idealized portrait and it was painted fairly recently. More interestingly, as I've been reading, there is no known photo of him and almost every portrait that exists was done after his death. I'm more curious than ever now to know how the portrait was painted.

Just for posterity (and my own edification), I took a front on photo and did another comparison.

The eyes are a bit different, but I agree they have the same spirit. What gets me though is the smaller details. The nose is a near perfect match and the right nostril is higher and angled more outward than the left. The lips are also quite similar along with the shape of the chin and jaw.

Capt223ure_zps3fdtrsdv.jpg

Comparisons - subjective, or objective (impartial)?

Hello,

Some of the comparisons are uncanny; yet historical comparisons are best judged as conjecture.

Human judgment can be very subjective. The growing use

of facial recognition technologies must be applied; as technological approaches can yield objective (impartial) results.

Any specific examples of facial recognition applied to discern possible past-life connections?

Marc

Back