• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Rose Rooney

Rose I am very sorry about your husband. Men who served in the Air Force could have gotten shrapnel. My father was in the Air Force during Korea as part of the Strategic Air Command. Part of his job was fixing the airplanes back from combat. He said opening the back door often was accompanied by a flow of blood ... he called that the death seat.


Is it possible he was hit and just did not realize it ... and that it was never officially documented?
 
Air Force personnel during Viet Nam mostly were flying B-52's which were pretty high altitude. But some were hit and even shot down by SAM missiles. I once read a gruesome story about WWII that talked about B-17 waist gunners being decapitated by .50 caliber bullets from attacking fighter planes. When the planes landed the blood and body parts had to be removed.
 
No, argonne and Mama. He was an accountant in the Air Force, and we never left Florida. His only "weapon" was a clip board that he carried as he documented "real property". I don't know how much shrapnel the doctor saw. It's strange, isn't it? He is doing better, though. They only removed his big toe, and will do open heart surgery if they can control the infection. I feel peace about it - I prayed for his greatest good, so he's being taken care of by a higher power than me.
 
Briar Rose,


I am at a total loss ... would be interested if they ever remove the shrapnel what it was from ... perhaps something for an autopsy way down the road,even ...


I am sorry he is so ill.
 
Oh Briar, it's a hard one when someone you care about is going through a hard time but you're not on the best of terms.


I would do the same as you, I usualy ask the universe or the angels to be with them & make it as easy as possible.


I wonder how many starnge illnesses people get this life from pl issues?
 
It's an interesting question, starry. I suspect a lot of illnesses are connected. PLs are written on our souls, and our bodies. My thought was that no "real" shrapnel is in his brain, and it's a shadow, or echo that his body produced as a result of a Civil War injury. Our generation struggled with the concept of war because of Viet Nam. Speaking of Rose Rooney, I suddenly connected another person from my current life to hers. Many years ago, I briefly dated a man who had that feeling of instant familiarity that we all get occasionally. He came into my life almost concurrently with my present husband. My soul recognized both of them, and I had to make a choice. I chose my husband, but the young man and I discussed the "next life". He walked out the door, but somehow I felt we'd made a "date" for another time and place. Last week, I suddenly made the connection between he and Rose. In this life, he was from one of the Civil War "border" states, and a career military man. I remember thinking about the Civil War when I met him, but hadn't remembered Rose yet. I have good PL recall, but have trouble connecting current life people with those I knew then, so it's good when I can piece relationships together.
 
Back
Top