• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Self physical vision

I'm 28 yrs old and I had an experience as a child that I've never forgotten and always wondered about. Now as an adult I wonder if it was a sort of past life memory?

I was fully awake when this happened.

At the age of about 7 I remember one afternoon sitting at the dining room table doing my math homework. There was a window right infront of the table and I was looking out while thinking and figuring out the math in my head. With my pencil in my right hand, I glanced down at my homework and then out the window again when I quickly realized what I had just seen!

In that second where I had glanced down at my paper I also saw my hand only it was of an old woman, wrinkled skin, long thumb nail, and a long black sleeve with lace trim.

When I realized what I had seen I quickly looked down again but it was just my normal hand again.

I remember getting a bit startled but I was mostly confused although I wished it would happen again. I also remember telling my mom about it but she just disregarded it.

Has anyone had or heard of an experience like this?

I also remember having a lot of deja vu episodes up to the age of 12 or so. I had one almost every other day, infact I once planned on "changing the future". Anyway that's off topic, sorry.^L^
 
Yes, I saw my former self in a mirror once; when the right photographic image came along, I knew who I had been!


Was the thumb nail long while the others were short? It was probably kept that way to be a handy tool, for anything from peeling oranges to opening letters. An old habit, I don't know how old, but I remember several Victorian women having this. Lower class; upper class wouldn't show their hands were tools...
 
Hi gracefultimes, and welcome to the forum :)


Yes, I've heard of this, and I've experienced it myself one or two times in the past, and I certainly believe that they are flashbacks to a past life. Sometimes, when the conditions are right, you can be lulled into an altered state where your mind can just wander off in any direction. This can be at work if you do a monotonous job, or it could be at home when you're just sitting there relaxing. Have you ever had an occassion where you suddenly heard a voice out of nowhere say "helloooooo", with somebody snapping their fingers in front of your face and you say "sorry, I was miles away there"? I'm sure this has happened to all of us at least once in our lives :) Well, this occurs when your mind is in an altered state, the veil between you and your subconscious has been lifted slightly, and these are the best conditions for remembering past lives. Sometimes, your subconscious can relate what you are doing in this instant, with something you were doing in the past, it could be from anything as simple as an expression on your face, to the way you hold a pencil, your subconscious makes a connection, and a flashback can occur.


When you looked down and saw the wrinkled hand of an old woman, you were most likely having one of these flasbacks, but you startled yourself out of that altered state, and that is why you didn't see it when you looked a second time. You can easily recreate those conditions again by practicing meditation for just 15 or 20 minutes per day, depending on whether or not you wish to pursue this or not? Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your time here :)
 
Hi Gracefultimes! Welcome to the Forum!


It is common practice, during certain guided meditations, to imagine yourself looking down at your feet and describing what you see. The theory is that you will tend to imagine footwear and clothing which represents a past life during a period which can be historically verified. Our feet and hands are the most commonly observed features of bodies when not using some form of reflection, and it is believed that we subconsciously embody many of our pleasant memories while observing them. It is not surprising that hands and feet could serve as a trigger for buried memories while daydreaming, meditating, or even working on math problems.


I believe that even stronger triggers exist whenever one visits museums, historical sites, and antique shops, as long as one is not encumbered by the pressure to move along or purchase something. I've spent a good deal of time in such places and have had remarkably specific sensations, which could not have been borne of fantasy or sheer imagination.


Try visiting any local antique shop where you are allowed to browse and handle the objects; and allow yourself to mentally drift into any daydream that comes to mind. Have a good time with it and let us know what impressions you have.
 
Gracefultimes, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! I loved hearing about your Deja Vu and would love hearing about your other Deja Vu's that you have had along with what else you ahve to share with us here.


Now I myself also has had several Deja Vu's in my life. They always seem to come for myself when I least expect them it seems.


Anyway, Thanks for Sharing! And Wishing You the Best!
 
Hiya Gracefultimes! Welcome!


I've experienced something similar once or twice. I find it interesting you've experienced a lot of deja vu. Certain times in my life it seems to happen to me frequently, maybe a couple times per week. Interesting stuff.


Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks to all for welcoming me and for your feedback. It's nice to hear from others who can relate.


@RemainingSpirit


I didn't see all my fingers because of the way my hand was positioned so I only saw my thumb, index finger (but not the nail), and part of my hand. I was holding my pencil in place ready to write. It's funny that you mention victorian women because I am drawn to victorian-like things, movies, homes etc. I've wondered for a while if there's a relation.


@Nightrain & Chris


You mentioned triggers and it makes sense just like the memories we have in this lifetime that can be triggered by anything really.


Another thing I never thought of being a possible relation until now is that I really like writing stationary. It's sad I have no one to write to since we all email and txt but I really like writing! I have to talk myself out buying stationary I'm not going to use. But I've kept journals from a young age. When I was about 17 I wanted to take a calligraphy class but unfortunately I let peoples opinions stop me.


I've tried meditation a couple of times seeking spiritual guidance and past life regression with guided audio and its been interesting but at the same time I questioned weather it was a dream or not. It's hard to tell, sometimes you're 100% sure and other times you're not. I have however seen sparkling lights/stars but I'm not sure what that's all about, I've seen them without prior meditation as well.


But I did finally have an awesome experience not long ago where I am 100% sure I reached a certain meditative state because I felt myself floating, not physically. Its hard to explain, all I know is it felt like being on a swing and I couldn't contain myself from laughter. I tried not to laugh out loud because I was afraid I'd lose concentration but I couldn't help it. I will deffinitely keep trying regression meditation.


@kmatjhwy and kemetic


I don't have deja vu like I use to anymore but I do remeber it happened so often it became a little annoying, I was a kid and it bothered me! As soon as one began I knew what was going to happen the next couple of seconds and I'd yell it out sometimes because I felt like no one believed me. I finally decided one day to change the course of time! Haha I thought to myself next time it happens I'm not going to let it play out like it should, I'm going to interrupt it and I did!


As soon as one began I knew a certain commercial would come on TV while my mom grabbed a pot because she was doing the dishes so I qickly turned off the tv (and got yelled at by my bro who was watching it) then grabbed that pot before my mom got to it and banged a spoon on it then jumped and laughed out loud as if I had just won the lottery or something! Everyone stared at me like I were crazy of course.


That always cracks me up.
 
gracefultimes said:
I've tried meditation a couple of times seeking spiritual guidance and past life regression with guided audio and its been interesting but at the same time I questioned weather it was a dream or not.
It's very common to feel that way, and that is why it is important to keep a journal. I know you've already mentioned that you have kept journals from a young age, are they dream journals? or just everyday life journals? If you write down all of your experiences, even if you feel that some of them could just be your imagination playing tricks on you, then when your journal entries start to build up, you can sift through them and you may notice that a common theme is running through all of them, it's like gathering all the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. If you're lucky, you may be able to validate some of the experiences that you've had, and this can be very encouraging because then you realize that it is not just imagination.

gracefultimes said:
When I was about 17 I wanted to take a calligraphy class but unfortunately I let peoples opinions stop me.
I think you should take those calligraphy lessons, at the very least it'll be a new hobby and something that you enjoy doing, at most, it is a skill that could earn you some money. But in between, it could act as another trigger for remembering something you've done before in another life ;)

gracefultimes said:
But I did finally have an awesome experience not long ago where I am 100% sure I reached a certain meditative state because I felt myself floating, not physically.
That sounds like your astral body left your physical body for a moment, which can also be a common occurrence while meditating, so you must be doing something right ;)
 
ChrisR said:
It's very common to feel that way, and that is why it is important to keep a journal. I know you've already mentioned that you have kept journals from a young age, are they dream journals? or just everyday life journals?
I've just recently begun journaling my meditations & vivid dreams, and there is a trend of sunrays, very warm soothing sunshine. One of my most memorable dreams ever is where I'm a child again standing on a pier on a very early cool morning and my sister is sitting near by and she's also young again. I look up at the sun and take in the warmth and then turn back at my sister but only now its my best friend, also at the same young age and she's wearing what my sister had on. It was the most beautiful dream, I felt so at peace and happy I can't explain the feeling. No one spoke to each other and all I could hear was the water gently clashing while I stared at the sunlight reflecting on the water and a small paper boat floating along.

ChrisR said:
That sounds like your astral body left your physical body for a moment, which can also be a common occurrence while meditating, so you must be doing something right ;)
I did this while listening to a guided meditation podcast by Joseph Titell and what I did do different this time was really do the breathing right. I always did very short breaths but this time I concentrated on my deep breathing and imagined a white light/wave getting closer and finally coming over me and that's when I suddenly felt myself floating. I also sat in an "indian" position with my hands on my knees, palms up, fingertips touching. Something I hadn't done before, I always tried it laying down and I just fall asleep.


The feeling was funny to me, I felt like I could almost do a flip back if I wanted to and I'd completely do a turn but I was afraid to so I didn't.
 
Very interesting Graceful. I believe this happens... its sort of like a marker, or a calling to the time in your life when you are, in some ways, awakening to memories of the past. It happened to me once and it was very real. It was a hot summer day and I was driving down a desolate Kansas highway... as i looked into the rear view mirror I saw me... me as an elderly man, as my great grandfather back in the 30s. I was breathless and so happy at the same time. It was so validating. I've never been able to conjure the image again... it was just there, I could almost study it.


Thanks for sharing, the others above gave you some great advice and input!


Tman


PS: WELCOME!! to the forum.
 
I've seen myself as I was in a past life in the mirror before. I've also seen flashes or impressions superimposed on people I know in this current life.


As an aside, I wonder if you noticed much about the writing implement you were using? As a kid, I used to love using feathers to pretend to write "official documents" that I would then roll up in a scroll and tie with a fancy string. :rolleyes:
 
I used regular pens but I do remember wanting to make my own quill pen! :laugh:


Who did you see yourself as in the mirror? That is just amazing.
 
Well, I saw a face that was definitely male (I am not), had shoulder length wavy brown hair, and a bit sharper features than I have currently. This was just for a split second, mind you -- I didn't hear or think of a name to go with the image, it just was obvious I was seeing myself as I looked in a past life ... didn't have enough time to thoroughly examine what I was wearing, though I think it was a loose fitting white shirt made of natural fiber.
 
That's amazing, Gracefultimes! I have also seen little sparks out of meditation, but I'm pretty sure that they are just our spirit guides popping in to say hello. :) The only experience I can relate to your floating is when my soul was lifted and I couldn't help but smile and giggle. However, I wasn't meditating- it just sort of happened one day. I've tried to do some mirror exorcises like our friend Jody, but it doesn't seem to work. Yet it works when I look at another person and they trade by telling me who they saw. During one of our sessions, a friend of mine said that she saw me as an old king wearing a crown. But who knows if this is true or not.
 
Now just would share that onetime in a Deja Vu experience in Southern Utah while hiking in some back canyon. I had just been at a special spot of mine with an Indian Ruin where I sat, meditated , and enjoyed everything for good long awhile. When I got up to leave and was walking away from the area, had an experience which lasted for maybe a minute or so I guess. I saw myself as a Young Indian Male in the low 30's in age I guess, in pre white contact America. I was dressed only in leather moccasins and breechcloth with shoulder length black hair. This experience has stayed with me ever since. These Southern Utah Redrock Canyon Country has always been such a special special spot for myself since I first came upon them at a very young age.


Sharing for whatever it is worth. Have a Great Day!
 
Deja Vu


My kids and I often have these experiences. We will shout out, "I have done this before!" We will even go on to describe what is going to happen next, like it is a game. There have been times when a couple of us have had them at the same time. We would mark up these Deja Vu's to being in the right spot for our joureny here on the earth, kind of like road signs to let us know we are on the right path. I am not sure if this is true. My son, Jay, had these, is now on the Other Side. My daughter is almost 17 and still has these Deja Vu's...and we still treat them like a game.
 
Back
Top