• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

So many questions

I have thought for some time now that I lived a past life. Since I was little I have been obsessed with European history, historical fiction novels, chanting music sung in catholic churches and renaissance fairs. To this day I get chills when I listen to Gregorian chanting, watch shows that are set in historic Europe and read novels and biographies about historic Europe. I recently visited a cathedral in France and the second I walked inside I felt chills and started to cry. I immediately felt as if I needed to pray and I walked to a specific part of the cathedral, as if I was drawn to it, and prayed and cried for hours. (I am not a religious person so this struck me as odd) I felt as if I had been there before and that this pace had something do with who I was. This place and the idea that I had lived a past life has haunted me for sometime and I feel desperate for answers. I feel like part of me is missing some information could make all the difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way of finding answers (on a budget)?????
 
candacerae_333 said:
This place and the idea that I had lived a past life has haunted me for sometime and I feel desperate for answers. I feel like part of me is missing some information could make all the difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way of finding answers (on a budget)
Hi Candacerae! And, welcome to the Forum.


If you have any public libraries near you, then you'll find the beginning to many possible answers there in the non-fiction section where Dewey numbers range in the 133.0 to 133.9 subject classification. If you are looking for specific titles and authors to look for, you'll find many good recommendations listed in the "Books about Reincarnation" section on the opening page of this Forum. You will also find valuable resources in the "Children's Past Lives -Books & Archives" and one of my favorite sections is "Reincarnation Evidence and Theory".


If you are starting out with strong leanings in the skeptical direction, as I did, you might start your quest by reading "20 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation" by Dr. Ian Stevenson, and "Childrens Past Lives" by Carol Bowman. Then, you might move on to books written by Dr. Brian Weiss, "Return from Heaven" by Carol Bowman, "Soul Survivor" by the Leiningers, or anything else written by Dr. Ian Stevenson.


As for the internet, you'll find numerous videos on the subject, which, in my opinion, are little more than teasers and often not very critical about the way they present factual information.


You have what is probably the most complete and economical resource in the world here at your very fingertips, with people from all over the world ready to try and answer your questions or make helpful recommendations -- most of whom have experienced your very same emotions and reactions to places and times. Explore some of the many thread subjects. Familiarize yourself with the guidelines for posting. Then, please don't hesitate to introduce yourself and ask the questions that you have in mind. You'll find yourself in good company!
 
Hi Candacerae, welcome :)


You can be sure that you have lived before, and not just once, but many many times. Reincarnation is a natural process that happens to everyone, and we all have the ability to tap into our past life memories, but sometimes it can take a bit of practice. Nightrain has already given you some great suggestions. I'd just like to add that if you are also looking for answers on a more personal level, then here are a few links that you may find helpful:

 
The cathedral you visited. Have you researched it yet and learned something of its history beyond what the tours will tell you?
 
Back
Top