dking777
Member
I thought I describe what it was like to encounter someone I knew from a past life when I was 12 years old. I had spent years debating the issue with my parents on whether or not it was real. In sixth grade I moved to a new school and found myself standing next to a new classmate trying to figure why we both felt we knew each other when we had spontaneous recall of a past life together. It was like a 'video' with 'audio' was playing in our minds at the same time and we started describing what we each had sight of. He would describe a portion and then I would pick up and describe something else. The trees, the slope, the position of the sun and a bunch of wood stacked up in a neat line. He called it a 'fence.' I didn't know to call it a fence. He had lived in the country - and I hadn't. I was able to describe the 'brownish black' wood that looked like it had been eaten through by age and termites - but it didn't look like any fence I had ever seen in my lifetime. I knew 'instinctively and intuitively' that I had a 'vision' of a former incarnation. How I knew that - or how he knew that - we couldn't explain it in words to one another much less others who hadn't experienced that moment with us.
We had a long Q and A session afterwards trying to pinpoint the accuracy of our feeling it was 'absolutely' a past life memory. I didn't have the opportunity in the past to talk to someone my own age with a 'like mind' before. It was amazing to me to find the similarities and discrepancies in our verbal translation. I wanted to know why or how he could call the stack of wood a fence. it was stacked up in V type shape that criss crossed and overlapped. How did he know it wasn't just a stack of firewood set up that way to dry out - or keep dry? What I wanted to know was - did my young friend have access to the 'ancient mind' to know how the mind was 'thinking' and referred to it as a fence with the knowledge it had once walked with. My friend didn't know any more about the 'old mind' that he once walked with - than I did about the 'old mind' I had once walked with. I could 'hear' the words coming out of both mouths - but I had no way of interpreting them with accuracy. I had a 'feeling' I knew what the general conversation had been about - but no way to decipher it accurately in English. We tried to repeat the sentences outloud and he said, "It don't fit into my mouth like it once did.'
I don't know which one of us came up with the metaphorically understanding that it was like standing in a field in the dead and dark of night and having a lightening bolt strike crack to light up the field for a brief second. It was a familiar scene but viewed through a darkness that kept the details shrouded in a mystery to both our current minds and made the familiar seem abstract and distant. We had a brief few minutes with limited 'direct access' to a time in ancient history that was a part of our inner history with one another. I had the opportunity to test my parents theory.
They felt if I had 'access' to an ancient mind - I was supposed to have access to everything. Time, place, country, customs, culture, language - and the whole complete package. It had to filter through my own 12 year old mind and current 'stream of knowledge' from this lifetime. It was only after talking to my Grandfather that I learned that in the old 'days' - some people would construct fences much like the drawing I had drawn for him. It was only after talking to my Grandfather that I told my friend, "Your probably right. It probably as a fence we were standing next to when we had that chat back then."
.....continued
We had a long Q and A session afterwards trying to pinpoint the accuracy of our feeling it was 'absolutely' a past life memory. I didn't have the opportunity in the past to talk to someone my own age with a 'like mind' before. It was amazing to me to find the similarities and discrepancies in our verbal translation. I wanted to know why or how he could call the stack of wood a fence. it was stacked up in V type shape that criss crossed and overlapped. How did he know it wasn't just a stack of firewood set up that way to dry out - or keep dry? What I wanted to know was - did my young friend have access to the 'ancient mind' to know how the mind was 'thinking' and referred to it as a fence with the knowledge it had once walked with. My friend didn't know any more about the 'old mind' that he once walked with - than I did about the 'old mind' I had once walked with. I could 'hear' the words coming out of both mouths - but I had no way of interpreting them with accuracy. I had a 'feeling' I knew what the general conversation had been about - but no way to decipher it accurately in English. We tried to repeat the sentences outloud and he said, "It don't fit into my mouth like it once did.'
I don't know which one of us came up with the metaphorically understanding that it was like standing in a field in the dead and dark of night and having a lightening bolt strike crack to light up the field for a brief second. It was a familiar scene but viewed through a darkness that kept the details shrouded in a mystery to both our current minds and made the familiar seem abstract and distant. We had a brief few minutes with limited 'direct access' to a time in ancient history that was a part of our inner history with one another. I had the opportunity to test my parents theory.
They felt if I had 'access' to an ancient mind - I was supposed to have access to everything. Time, place, country, customs, culture, language - and the whole complete package. It had to filter through my own 12 year old mind and current 'stream of knowledge' from this lifetime. It was only after talking to my Grandfather that I learned that in the old 'days' - some people would construct fences much like the drawing I had drawn for him. It was only after talking to my Grandfather that I told my friend, "Your probably right. It probably as a fence we were standing next to when we had that chat back then."
.....continued