• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Strange Childhood Behaviour

Shiny

Member
Hi. I've spent a long time lurking these (wonderful) forums and finally decided to post - I wasn't sure where this would go, so if a mod needs to move it, sorry and thanks
 
I can't speak for the Moderators as I am not one, just a member, but you appear to be in the right place in the forum.


It sounds to me (and again, I am NOT an expert) that as a young child, you may have been experiencing Past Life (PL) memories.


As a young child, you may have been frustrated at not able to reach anything, remembering a PL as a taller Adult when you could.


The incident in the museum may possibly stem from a PL of some type in Egypt.


And in this lifetime, I entered into jobs that helped others, as opposed to killing them in a PL, but perhaps back then, it was the times that I lived in (circa WWII).


Again this is all speculation and just the opinion of one man.
 
Shiny said:
I'd love some thoughts and opinions on whether I knew something back then that I've since forgotten. Did anyone else behave this way without knowing why? Was it linked to a PL memory? Or some sort of PL instinct, without the concrete remembrance?
Hi Shiny! Welcome to the Forum. As Hydrolad indicated, you are in exactly the right place, and your post is most interesting.


To quickly answer your question; yes, it is quite normal to react to things in ways that are not considered normal by others. I think most of us blame experiences from previous lifetimes for our interest in reincarnation, and the FACT that children do so without any apparent previous exposure during their present lifetime gives us reasonable hope that we aren't crazy.


Our lives are full of such evidence; and, once we begin to accept the possibility of reincarnation, we begin to start noticing such evidence all around us -- if not in our own past, at least in the amazing behavior of others. If more of us frequented museums, as you have, I think more of us would become more aware of particular clues to our own past lives. It is no accident that we are drawn to certain specific things that we find mysterious or enjoyable; while others would choose entirely different things for themselves.


Think about it! With every step you take, and with every thought that crosses your mind, you are expressing preferences which reflect unique characteristics about yourself, not all of which have been dictated by society nor your present environment.
 
Shiny, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! Thanks soooo much for sharing. It really does seem personally to me, that you very well could have had a Past Life in Ancient Egypt.


Now I personally echo what Nightrain said above for do think that who we were in our past lives makes up so much of who we are and where our interests might be in this present life. I can soooo personally relate to what you have posted as to how I have been in this life. Since I have been little, have been addicted so to speak with all things American Indian - Native American. Then some years ago, when visited the Northern Cheyenne Reservation, I had a very profound Deja Vu experience and I felt like I was so much back 'Home' again. It seems in Past Lives have been Native American so it comes into this present life in my interests and what I am attracted to in how many ways. Do think that who we were in a past life is still how much you still are in this present life. And one's body so to speak is just a container for your real inner self so to speak. Just my two cents worth.


Looking forward to all you have to share with us. Wishing You the Best!
 
Thank you so much, everyone! It's wonderful how friendly it is here <3


I've been an agnostic atheist since I was a young teenager (as in, I didn't believe in a god but I couldn't say there wasn't one) but I've always been very open-minded. My mum says if I were any more open-minded my whole brain would fall out. She's bedbound; I'm her full-time carer - which is why I talk about her so much ;P


My lack of real memory as a kid has always confused me. I don't have a true string of memories until age 12, and even that's a bit patchy. This is partly why I began doing a bit of research into possible reasons, and when I came across Carol's work - specifically wherein kids begin to lose their PL memories - I began to wonder. I've really enjoyed reading accounts of kids' memories; my parents can't recall if I ever said anything myself, as my siblings were quite a handful. Most of the things I edited from my first post were about them; specifically, the six different fits my drama-queenly sister threw that day. My brother didn't like me much because I climbed things better than him, so they were a bit of a team; them against the youngest. So I was always a little quiet and lonely.


I'm a little divided on PL regression, though. As with all 'paranormal phenomena' (I know many of you don't consider it so, but I guess that would be its wider classification?) there are a lot of fraudulent and inaccurate accounts out there. I attempted an audio-guided regression myself, though - hey, I'll try anything, usually more than once - but I know I was making it up. Particularly because one of the memories was taken directly from a good documentary I'd seen on Aztec human sacrifice :laugh:


Please don't think I'm discounting the memories of anyone here, though - several of these stories are moving and seem utterly, completely genuine. I find this forum fascinating! I'm also looking into Near Death Experiences, which coincidentally is how I came by the subject of reincarnation, and then on to Carol's work.


kmatjhwy, did you show the same indicative behaviour as me? Or do/did your parents specifically remember you talking about PL memories? I ask because you seem to have a certainty of your previous life, something I'd very much like to experience!


I would be wary of trying the same techniques again to specifically recall a life in Egypt; my head has more than two decades of study in the area, so finding validation (discovering something I couldn't have learned in this life) would be next to impossible. The chances of making something up that seems believable, but that I know is just a creation of a lot of facts, would absolutely skyrocket.


I know validation shouldn't be my number one concern, btw, but I'm a skeptic at heart, and without a powerful experience, I'd want something to convince myself. I'd guess that a lot of people can relate to that; I'm sure many of us were dubious on the subject until personal experience gave a helping hand :]
 
Shiny, Hi There! Well, you asked on myself rather it was indicative behavior or something I said as a kid which my parents remembered.


Well, with myself would have to say it was indicative behavior. I onetime asked my mother if I had said something when I was small and the answer was no as much as she could remember. And I was the only one in my family who was so addicted so to speak with everything American Indian -Native American. Now all the rest of the family has pursued a life so unlike mine with in our modern day society and everything so to speak. But as for myself, have just gone to the woods with wandering and living in the wilds all my life. Yes have seen in myself in my behavior and how I seemingly approach life and in my spiritual thoughts since small, the similarity to the Native American. In my youth I was in the christian church but have to say, left that to follow more the Indian way it seems. And in this life am white. And also I have never been regressed but would like to do so and might soon if able.


Also this comes from an experience when I visited the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana some years ago, It was such an experience. It was immediately when I came upon the reservation that I felt sooooo profoundly back 'Home' so to speak. This experience of feeling like 'Home' went to the core of my being it seemed and only left when I left the reservation. During the time I was there, I went to the local cemetery and cried and cried and cried. I found myself standing at the foot of a young Cheyenne girl who died the year before I was born. I don't know if I was her or someone else but that experience I had lingers to this day. I have had quite a few flashbacks of an old Plains Indian Life whenever I seemingly get around tepees. And to this day, I never travel on the plains for it gives me too much profound sadness for it just is not the same way as it used to be. Now I would like to travel back here to the Cheyenne Reservation soon to see if I have some other experiences and just to visit again. I have once in this life tried to learn the Cheyenne Language.


Now would say, just personally, you very well might by what it seems have a past life connected to Egypt and Ancient Egypt. But only you in the long run would be in the place to judge in my opinion. As for myself, if someone like a Psychic says anything to me, I try to see if that registers with my deep inner self also. And if anything comes, I like to put things on the shelf so to speak and then time itself will usually either prove or disprove things. I would say also it might be interesting what comes to you in your dreams, meditations, and quiet times also. But it seems to me that there is some deep connection with you and Egypt by what you said. This is just my two cents worth and hope it helps you out. Wishing You the Best!
 
Wow. Similar things have happened to me before, I had a random desire to learn to speak and read Japanese, because


I kept seeing the language come up in search results by accident, and I felt like if I tried, I may be able to understand


what some of it meant. I could write the letters and symbols out for hours and not get bored of it. Anime became a fascin-


ation, particularly ones where the facial features were elegantly drawn.


Different buildings conjoined together to form a structure consisting of L-shapes that can be seen in the scenery of the shows fascinate me as well, right down to the colors of the interior. I can't play a video game involving swords without it giving me Deja Vu either.
 
Back
Top