• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The very, very little I have to work with thus far

Lyss

Member
Okay, so I dont have much of anything so far as memories but I do have a few weird little things about myself that have made me interested in past lives. Just a warning I feel like this is going to be a long post.

One of the biggest things and something I've heard a lot about revolving around reincarnation is phobias relating to a previously life or death. I am beyond afraid of heights, especially wide, open high places and man-made structures. I could never climb trees or even play on jungle gyms I was so afraid of them. As a child though we would go to the coast where I would climb all over the rocky cliffy shores. Also I love the feeling of falling. I'm always thought my fear had something to do with a past life but have been to afraid to comfront it due to the memories it could bring back and possibly worsen my phobia. Anyone have any stories or advice on phobias and their relation to past lives?

Another thing I've heard a lot about and experienced is attraction to people, objects, places etc for no apparent reason. This summer I traveled to Europe on a class trip. We went to London, Paris, Florence and Rome. Of course they were all beautiful and the experience was wonderful but I just cant shake Paris. Something about that city felt so right and so much like home. The Seine, Notre Dame it all felt so familiar like I'd been there many times. Ever since I've had this longing to go back to the city. It's like I can never be home again until I'm there. It may seem silly and not exactly prove of any past life experience but something inside me tells me it is.

I do have a couple things that may or may not be memories from past lives or possibly memories from past lives shadowing real things that have happened in this life.

The first being I remember very clearly having gone to therapy as a very young child. I remember making dinosaurs out of clay while talking to a women but not what we talked about. I remember my mom coming at the end of each seesion and talking to my therapist but I dont remember if it was MY mom from this life. I remember the woman had many kids including a small baby who was teething towards the middle of my therapy block. The only conversation I can remember between us is her talking about how the weatherman had been wrong again like he always was because he said it would be sunny but it was rainy. I know, very random but its what I remember. My mom has never talked about me going to therapy and when I finally asked about it this year she said there might have been a chance I went to a session or two right after my father died when I was three but I have never been to therapy on a regular basis as I remember from my childhood. The house I remembered from my therapy was one in the small town I had lived in as a kid but according to my mom it had always been just a house and no therapist had ever worked out of it.

The second possible memory is one I was so convinced was real as a child but my mom has comfirmed was impossible. When I was little my father was very sick, from before I was born until I was three when he died of lou gehrig's disease. The only memory I have of having a father is a dream I had often since I was very young about sitting on his bed in the hospital and talking and laughing. The room was on a very high floor and I remember looking out the window (without being afraid, remember my phobia) and seeing the parking lot and beyond it a beautiful treey park. It looked like a nice warm day out and I remember being so happy and him being so happy but I dont think it was my father from this life. I dont remember what he looked like but I remember what condition his body was in and it was not that of a lou gehrig's patient I can tell you that. He looked rather fit in fact, healthy even, yet he was in the hospital. The part that makes this impossible is my father never stayed in a hospital his whole illness. He went in for check ups and scans and stuff but only for a few hours, he never stayed. He was never in a hospital bed and I never visited someone in a tall hospital as a child. Maybe it was just a strange dream, but it has always been so vivid and felt so important.

The last thing that may or may not be past life related it something I have not heard as much about but I feel is entirely possible. I have always been a very logical person. I am calm and quiet, cold even. I have a hard time dealing with emotions and relating to others when they are upset, sad, angry or any other emotion that can cause irrational behavior. My mom said I never cried as baby and I was, and still am, very anit social. I do not like being touched or talked to really and am very inverted, especially when I was young. It went way beyond shy and caused my mom a lot of worry to the point of getting me evaluated. Of course they said nothing was wrong with me, that I was healthy and normal and had never been seriously harmed or traumatized in any way. The reason my mom was so concerned (besides the obvious of me being a weirdo child) is she thought I had been raped or molested which I hadnt but the doctor agreed I had the symptons of some one who had experienced such a trauma. So I know that all sounds weird and this may be a long shot but because of this, could it be possible to experience ghost or shadow effects as I like to think of them from your past life? By this I mean is it possible to have experienced something so awful or wonderful or important in a past life that it's emotional or mental effects carry on to the next reincarnation as parts of ones personality? I would love to hear what people think on that one. Greatly appriecate any similiar stories or ideas relating to the topic.

To conclude is a story about my brother and his weird experiences. He is a year and a half younger than me and has always been at my level if not above it and that is coming from someone in honors, AP, and dual (college) classes. He has a natural aptitude for many, many things. My mother wanted to give us "experiences" as children so we were always doing strange things and around strange people including but not limited to: going to cemetaries to explore, water and leyline dowsing, and having "people of the Craft" do tarot card readings. I guess this opened us up to all sorts of strange things. Dowsing was one of the favorite activities but I was never any good at it and could never find waterlines. My brother on the other always had his rods cross, and I mean all the way not just a little nudge, on the exact place of the waterlines. We used to do this just on out properity but then we started doing it on others who had the waterline plans and it would always happen for him. It also has always talked about the people by the road. No matter where we have lived he has always seen people standing my the road watching our house even as recently as a few months ago, him being 15. It has been one of the very few things that has ever frighten him and it has happened since we were very small. I guess what I'm getting at is is it possible for his natural abilities and strange experiences to be related to past life memories? Plato believed that everything we learn is just us remembering from past lives. So it is possible my brother's water dowsing talent and the strange things he sees memories from a past life? Please share if you have had similiar experiences or have heard of them.
 
Hi Lyss!


I'm going to clip quote salient points from your post only for reference, so don't be alarmed because your original post is still intact.

Lyss said:
I am beyond afraid of heights, especially wide, open high places and man-made structures.[CLIP]...but have been to afraid to confront it due to the memories it could bring back and possibly worsen my phobia.
Dr. Brian Weiss is a psychologist who discovered Reincarnation by trying to regress a patient to the point at which her phobia began. To his surprise his patient ended up going back to a previous life, and the result was that her phobia disappeared. After many more such patients he wrote about these cases and his findings in a book, "Many Lives, Many Masters". What is important here is that he led the way for others to discover that revisiting former traumas can only be therapeutic.

Ever since I've had this longing to go back to the city. It's like I can never be home again until I'm there.
I think that what you describe is probably the most common sensation, which probably has links to deeply buried past-life memories—both good and bad. You will see many threads on this Forum that describe this very thing. In addition, you may even discover some very famous people who have described similar memories.

I do have a couple things that may or may not be memories from past lives or possibly memories from past lives shadowing real things that have happened in this life.
What you have described here is less common, but still quite similar to many of the accurate descriptions given by children as well as adults. Such memories coming from children have been quickly discouraged by many frightened parents in the West, but cases investigated in East and South Asia and the Middle East by Dr. Ian Stevenson were numerous enough to lend credence to the possibility of Reincarnation. You might be interested in reading his most popular book, "20 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation".

...could it be possible to experience ghost or shadow effects as I like to think of them from your past life?
I have raised two boys to adulthood, both of whom have exhibited very distinct behavioral traits of their forebearers to such a degree that I wondered how DNA could possibly carry over in such a way, even though the relatives they resembled were still alive for a short while. In addition there are documented cases of twins separated at birth who lived incredibly similar lives, yet behaved completely alike and even made exactly the same decisions. Such cases often make me wonder what parts DNA or other forms of unknown inheritance play in our behavior, and what part do past life experiences play.

...is it possible for his natural abilities and strange experiences to be related to past life memories?
I personally believe that all of these things are related: Ghosts, Mediums, Reincarnation, Clairvoyance, Paranormal Experiences...call them what you wish. I believe that all these things (some of which can be evidenced in clinical experiments) point to some aspect of life, which exists beyond this physical dimension.

Plato believed that everything we learn is just us remembering from past lives.
Have you read the part of Plato's "Republic" in which he describes the "Allegory of the Cave"? You may find it comforting to know that such a great man would have been very pleased to meet someone as aware as you.
 
The last thing that may or may not be past life related it something I have not heard as much about but I feel is entirely possible. I have always been a very logical person. I am calm and quiet, cold even. I have a hard time dealing with emotions and relating to others when they are upset, sad, angry or any other emotion that can cause irrational behavior. My mom said I never cried as baby and I was, and still am, very anit social. I do not like being touched or talked to really and am very inverted, especially when I was young. It went way beyond shy and caused my mom a lot of worry to the point of getting me evaluated.
Hi, Lyss!


Of all the things you mention, I especially can relate to this. When I was a kid, I was extremely calm and quiet too, people would say shy, though I woudn't call it that, I just didn't have any interest in socializing, as I felt the other kids had nothing really interesing to say. I was always more mature than other kids my same age. For me, having no or just one friend wasn't a problem and it was never traumatic for me, but it seems my parents were quite worried, and like you say, they also threatened me to send me to a phsychologist if I didn't start to go out more and have some fun. Luckily they didn't and I've grown to be perfectly "normal". Being quiet is not a problem. Speaking and not saying anything is much more annoying : angel


If this is something related to past lives, well, I can tell you I'm not still 100% sure, but I've found some interesting details through my personal research that I started in November 2011:


- It's still hard for me to talk about this, and I'm still working on it, but it seems I was sexually abused during my life in WWII. When I tried to report this to a person who was my superior but also I thought him a friend, this led to further punishment by the person who committed the abuse. This eventually caused my death (probably self-inflicted, but not directly a suicide) due to the state of depression and desperation I was in. I don't know for sure, but I'm considering that maybe this led me to believe subconsciously that "I'd better keep quiet this time". And I did.


- Before that, in a life during the 1500's, it seems I belonged to a secret organization where silence was essential for the survival of its members. If you broke this rule, you were punished with death. Maybe that's why I've always put so much value in loyalty. It's funny that when I was a kid and had this group of friends, if one of them talked about certain things outside the group, for me it was almost like treachery.


- I have also been told that I'm cold, though I can tell you I'm always burning in the inside. Maybe that's because when you are a soldier you have to learn how to hide your feelings.


So, if you ask if it's possible to experience these emotional effects as a consequence of having lived especially hard experiences in your past lives, my answer has to be: yes, undoubtedly. Of course, I'm not saying this is exactly what may have happened to you, but I'm sure you'll find out if you are patient enough.
 
Back
Top