Tomo - Japanese / scottish case of 2000

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by SleeplessFox, Jun 1, 2019.

1. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Senior Member

My question wasn't meant to question the principles of the reincarnation thesis itself but to make clear if your last investigations on the Tomo case might have changed the possibility of a scottish child that might have existed and to whom Tomo is refering to.

Just for example: the Cameron Macaulay case is also an unsolved one but it's extremely overwhelming because of it's details

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Senior Member

I’ve come across another possible date discrepancy in Professor Ohkado’s account of the Tomo reincarnation story. If you go to the professor’s website:

http://ohkado.net/kenkyuu.html

you will find a list of abstracts authored or co-authored by the professor. If you go down to the seventh abstract you will find an abstract of Prof. Ohkado’s original 2011 paper in Japanese documenting Tomo’s story. Using the google translate toggle, you can toggle over to the English translation of the original Japanese abstract. It is slightly different than the abstract which appears in Prof. Ohkado’s 2013 Journal of Scientific Exploration (JSE) paper on the same subject. One of the differences in the original Japanese 2011 abstract adds detail to the claim concerning Tomo’s ability to sing, in English, the Carpenter’s 1973 pop music hit “Top of the World”.

Here is the quote from Prof. Ohkado’s 2011’s abstract as translated by google:

“. . . when he was two years old, he surprised his mother by singing along with the TV sound, even though he had never heard of Carpenters' "Top of the World," which was played as the ending song of the drama. ..”

The detail “which was played as the ending song of the drama . . .” is missing from the 2013 JSE paper.

The TV show that the abstract referred to had to have been the Japanese TV drama/comedy called “Beginner”, a serial about a group of young, freshly-certified Japanese law students, in which the Carpenters’ hit “Top of the World” was played as the ending song (Wikipedia). The show premiered October 6, 2003, when Tomo was 3.8 y.o. (3 years 8 months old) (https://asianwiki.com/Beginner) not “when he was two years old” as claimed both in the original 2011 Japanese paper, and in the 2013 JSE paper (“. . . Also around this time (at 2.9 or 2.10 y.o.), when he heard the English song “Top of the World” for the first time, he was able to sing along, which greatly surprised his mother.”).

You’d think that such an important detail would have been recorded or recorded accurately in the mother’s diary. But apparently it was not. This suggests that the mother’s recollection was not contemporaneous with the event, but more likely occurred later, likely much later. “Beginner” ran for 3 months from Oct 6, 2003 to Dec 15, 2003 on Japanese TV. It is unlikely that the mother’s alleged memory of the event took place any time before 2005, which is about the time of the first paper describing Tomo’s incredible story. By the way, the Japanese TV serial that the mother may have confused this account with, was called "Miseinen" ("Underage") which ran during the Oct-Dec 1995 Japanese TV season, in which the Carpenters' song "Top of the World" plays about 3-4 minutes into the opening of each episode. A DVD/video box set has been available since at least April 2002, perhaps earlier, and of course, there is always the possibility of cable TV reruns. I don't believe The Carpenters' "Top of the World" plays at the end or during the ending credits of Miseinen but I will go ahead and double check.

PS. OK, I've double checked (I own the 2007 DVD box set containing all 11 episodes of Miseinen). The Carpenters' "Top of the World" opens/ begins every episode. The Carpenters' " I Need to be in Love" is the ending (closing) song for episodes 1-7 and for episodes 9-10. The Carpenters' "Desperado" is the closing song for episode 8. The Carpenters' "Yesterday Once More" followed by the Carpenters' "Top of the World" are used as the closing song and ending credits song, respectively, for the finale, episode 11, which means that, however unlikely, the mother's account and timing of the account of Tomo's "Top of the World" performance, may be correct after all, if Tomo happened to catch the final (11th) episode of Miseinen on DVD/video, or cable reruns of this serial in the Fall 2002.

According to the Japanese version of Wikipedia as translated by google there were only two Japanese TV dramas (and a number of TV commercials) that used the Carpenters' "Top of the World" as a theme song:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  3. GuySittingintheStands

Just wanted to post a photo of a Beecham Pharma (BMP) Augmentin antibiotic tablet which Tomo recalled taking as a "yellow, round pill" scored with "EMD" on one side (see my earlier post -- post 33 -- on page 2). To my eyes the B really looks like an E, while we could debate Tomo's P / D mix-up.

upload_2020-11-23_11-0-38.png

Reference: https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?imprint=BMP190&color=13&shape=24

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  4. GuySittingintheStands

Just wanted to re-post my post # 53, page 3, and add to it. This is the strongest evidence so far to support the claim that this is a real CORT. Neither Tomo's parents nor Tomo could have known that childhood skin disorders like eczema often lead to childhood asthma. In addition Tomo claimed to have died from a high fever after undergoing some sort of operation in hospital. Chronic asthma weakens the lungs and the respiratory tract in general becomes much more susceptible to infections like pneumonia, influenza, colds etc. according to everything that I've read on the subject on the web (google search asthma and pneumonia for example).

My post # 53, page 3:

"Several of Tomo’s statements involving milk baths, medicated hot water massages, and herbal drinks support his claim of having been an asthmatic child in a previous life. Milk and medicated warm water baths are used to help reduce the itching and inflammation of eczema, a severe allergic skin disorder. Eczema, it turns out, has been shown to be a precursor to asthma in children.

Herbal infusions, like wheatgrass juice, are given to asthmatic children for their anti-inflammatory properties. Pineapple juice contains bromelain, an anti-inflammatory. Each of these are examples of non-steroidal interventions for asthmatic children for whom, the usual steroidal course of treatment has either stopped working or aggravated the child’s overreactive immune response.

The following are the relevant statements from Professor Ohkado’s JSE 2013 paper:

Tomo, 4 y.o. : “In the UK, I bathed in milk (bath).” Pointing to the washbasin, the subject repeatedly said “Washbasin” in English.

Tomo, 4.2 and 5.6 y.o.: “In the hospital, there was a place like a bath, and there was a doctor who put powder medicine into hot water and massaged me.”

Tomo, 4 y.o.:“In the UK, I took ‘healing herb.’” Making his mother hold him, and imitate as if she gave a glass of healing herb to him, he said, “British mother said to me ‘Take this, take this. It will help you feel better.’”

Tomo, 4.2 y.o.: “My mother made me drink ‘healing grass’ mixed with pineapple juice, but I knew it was medicine.”

On using milk baths for treating skin conditions like eczema (excerpt fromhttps://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/milk-bath):
    " . . . . To make a milk bath, you can add 1 to 2 cups of milk to a full tub of warm water. You can also add in essential oils, bath salts, honey, or baking soda for additional benefits.
    Ingredients
    · 1 to 2 cups powdered milk (or milk of choice)
    · Optional add-ins: 1 cup Epsom salt, baking soda, [colloidal] oatmeal, honey, or 10 drops of an essential oil”

Another article mentions adding essentials oils along with full-cream milk to the warm bath (excerpt fromhttps://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314245#using-oils):
    “. . . . The body can absorb essential oils through the skin. It is vital to research the oil properly before trying topical application as some oils may cause skin irritation.” . . . .
    . . . . Mix a few drops of oil with a dispersant, such as full-cream milk, and add the solution to a warm bath. The dispersant is necessary to help the oil mix with the water. Without it, a layer of undiluted oil will remain on the surface. . . . Dilute the oil in a carrier, such as almond oil, and use it as a massage oil.”

As for the correlation of eczema with childhood asthma this is the study that caught my eye:
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/how-eczema-might-lead-to-asthma/

“How eczema might lead to asthma”

“Scientists believe they have found what triggers many children with eczema to go on to develop asthma,” BBC news reported. It said that allergies and asthma often develop in the same people, and that 50-70% of children with atopic dermatitis (severe allergic skin problems) subsequently develop asthma.”

Here is one article citation describing the higher risk of developing pneumonia among people with asthma:

People with asthma have a higher risk of developing pneumonia due to previous lung damage or weakness of the lung tissue caused by asthma. In fact, pneumonia is a leading cause of hospitalization in children and adults.Feb 26, 2020

Pneumonia and Asthma... Why Should I Worry? | American ...

https://www.lung.org/blog/pneumonia-and-asthma#:~:text=People with asthma have a,hospitalization in children and adults.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    SleeplessFox likes this.
  5. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Senior Member

This is great news @GuySittingintheStands !!!
    I definitely agree with you on the letters printed on the antibiotic. We have to keep in mind that the boy from Edinburgh (to whom Tomo refers) in fact still was a little boy and at that age you certainly can mess up tiny printed letters on medication.

I don't think we will every get a solved case out of this but neither is the CORT of Cameron Macaulay.

Thanks again GSITS for your priceless work!
    Hopefully this case will be reprinted some day added with the informtion you brought up in this topic :)

6. contrast

contrast Senior Registered

After looking into this case, it looks like Garry from Dundee is the best match.

What are the pros and cons of Garry being the past life personality?

7. GuySittingintheStands

Thanks for chiming in, Contrast. Would you happen to have a copy of Garry's Death Certificate in front of you? What are the most important criteria, in your opinion, that should be used to determine the best match? I'm looking at circumstances, manner, and place (in hospital or not) of death in light of all the other variables in order to construct the best narrative based on Tomo's claims. And always remember it doesn't stop with picking a best match. If you really believe a candidate has a realistic chance of being Tomo's PP, then you would have to keep researching your pick to see if you can match any other statements mentioned in Prof. Ohkado's 2013 JSE paper. By the way, Candidate 6 died in a vehicular accident at the scene of the crash probably at the moment of impact or very shortly thereafter.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  8. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

GuySittingintheStands -- would you consider writing this up, and posting it on Jim Matlock's Signs of Reincarnation Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/965923533422836)? I'm a moderator on that group, and have spoken w/ Jim Matlock about what you have been doing here. He's in contact with Ohkado, who is also a member of the Facebook group, he said he'd definitely be interested to know about your investigations wrt the Tomo case.

Summer785, SleeplessFox and Speedwell like this.
  9. contrast

I did not mean to imply the case is solved. I just consider Garry the best candidate to investigate due to the name similarity "Geirisu/Garry" and the fact that they both died at nine years old. The claim that caught my attention is that the Dundee hospital is North of Edinburgh, as well as 100KM away from it. It fits the description in stories, and It's not too much of a stretch to imagine the extra 15 KM having to do with driving deeper in both cities.

[​IMG]

The biggest problem is the birth date being one year off.

10. contrast

Okay, I found the kid (Garry) on Scotland's database. If we can find the mother and father's name. We can look for business records and see if there were any restaurants in Scotland at the time that they owned. Websites like OpenCorporate are a good place to look.

SleeplessFox likes this.
  11. GuySittingintheStands

Contrast and anyone else -- Let us know what you come up with. I've got copies of the Death Certificates for each of the candidates listed on page 2 of this thread. These certificates contain all sorts of information that you might find helpful in your search for Tomo's past life personality. Just ask me and I'll gladly provide the information if available. Remember: we don't publish last names (surnames) on this website due to privacy concerns. Also remember, that this information only provides a snapshot of these families' lives, namely, a snapshot at around the time of the child's death.

Landsend, you wrote: "GuySittingintheStands -- would you consider writing this up, and posting it on Jim Matlock's Signs of Reincarnation Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/965923533422836)? I'm a moderator on that group, and have spoken w/ Jim Matlock about what you have been doing here. He's in contact with Ohkado, who is also a member of the Facebook group, he said he'd definitely be interested to know about your investigations wrt the Tomo case."

Sorry, but I don't do social media. But would you be willing to act as a go-between should I have any questions for Professor Ohkado? (and I do, loads of them). Of course, Professor Ohkado would have to be willing to answer them.

First question would be: Does Professor Ohkado have a photocopy, wholly or in part, of the mother's diary? I specifically would like to see how the mother wrote down "Southall" in her diary in whichever Japanese script she happened to use to record what would have been a strange-sounding foreign word from out of her son's mouth. (And we can be sure that her son, Tomo, didn't pronounce "Southall" in the Queen's English.).

As Professor Ohkado noted in footnote 5, in his 2013 JSE paper:

"5 In the [mother’s] diary, the name [of Tomo's past life personality] is written as “ge-i-ri-i-su” in Japanese letters. The subject’s mother, who does not speak English, naturally chose to write it down in Japanese, and if the subject had pronounced the word in English (or English-like pronunciation), the transcript might not be very reliable. It could have been even “James.” "

By extension, "Southall" might not be a reliable transcript, although Professor Ohkado makes no mention of the syllabic breakdown of "Southall" as he did for "Ge-i-ri-i-su".

We assume that Tomo's past life personality (PP) was alive when he saw a BBC newscast of a train crash in England involving the deaths of several people. If the train crash in question was the one in Southall, England, Sept 19, 1997, then we'd have to assume that Tomo's PP died sometime after Sept 19, 1997. But what if this is not the right train crash?

12. landsend

I'll pose this question to Jim Matlock, and I'm sure he will FWD this to Prof. Ohkado. I'll also send him a link to this thread.

Cheers,

Landsend.

13. contrast

For some reason I cannot send PM's. Can you PM me the certificates?

14. GuySittingintheStands

The certificates are available at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk . You can order any one(s) you like through them. If you have a particular question about the information on any of the ones listed on page 2 of this thread feel free to ask me.

15. landsend

16. GuySittingintheStands

Another possible red flag: There appears to be an incongruity in Tomo’s claim of having died “between 24th and 25th of October, 1997” and his claim of having observed fireworks from his hospital room (“From room 4 on the 13th floor [ie., his hospital room], I could see fireworks.”). Fireworks are shot off twice a year in Scotland – on November 5th , Bonfire Night, and again on New Year’s Eve, December 31st during the three day end of year Hogmanay celebration. Bonfire Night was held as scheduled on Wednesday, November 5th in 1997, the year Tomo claims his past-life personality (PP) died.

If he did die October 25th in his hospital room (“room 4 on the 13th floor”), then presumably his body would have been taken from the ward shortly thereafter, and moved to cold storage until its burial, which Tomo claimed to have seen as a deceased person:

“When British Tomo died between 24th and 25th of October 1997, British mother looked troubled. She was saying, ‘Now there are only five of us.’ When the surprised mother asked him, ‘What? Did you see that?’ he replied, ‘Yes. They buried me.’

Why would he have returned to his hospital ward room to observe Bonfire Night fireworks on November 5th?

If he died October 25th, but not in his hospital room (“room 4 on the 13th floor”), why would he have returned there (to his hospital room)? Just to watch the Bonfire Night fireworks? That doesn’t make sense.

One would have to conclude that he did not die Oct 24/25th but instead was still alive and well enough to observe fireworks from his hospital room, either on November 5th, Bonfire Night, or December 31st, New Year’s Eve, possibly dying sometime shortly thereafter, likely days thereafter, (that is, after Nov 5th, or Dec 31st).

Please correct me if you think my reasoning is wrong on this point, or if you can figure out a way that both Tomo’s claims of having died October 24/25th and of having seen fireworks from his hospital room, room 4 on the 13th floor, are valid.

17. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Hi GuySittingintheStands.

Always a pleasure to read your reasoning. I am also a fan of merging philosophy with forensic/objective examination of the facts.

If I may observe, your using logic alone to examine the evidence. Yet life is more malleable than that.

In my country, on October the thirty first, we set off fireworks, but in the weeks leading up to it young ( mostly ) people set off fireworks because they have them.

They aren't the spectacular displays of the date in question but they are occurring.

Is Ireland any different from Scotland?

Your cold logic dismisses the possibility of fireworks less than two weeks before...yet human nature indicates that its almost very likely that Tomo saw fireworks in his hospital bed in the weeks leading up to Bonfire Night IMO.

Speedwell likes this.
  18. GuySittingintheStands

It is true that some young hooligans amongst us start setting off their own little private reserve of fireworks days before (and lately even after) national holidays like 4th of July here in the States, or quite possibly, as you say Jim, in Ireland before your Oct 31st celebration or before Nov. 5th (Bonfire Night/ Guy Fawkes Day) and New Year' Eve celebrations in the UK, but isn't this mostly a small town or rural phenomenum? Tomo claims to have seen fireworks from room 4 on the 13th floor of a presumed hospital tower (but more on this later). Aren't 13-story buildings mostly or almost exclusively located in cities in areas just outside their central districts but not quite in their low-rise suburbs? Or do city youths like to set off fireworks days or even weeks before national holidays too? In any case, they are sporadic, not widespread, and don't last very long, and certainly are not as impressive and MEMORABLE as the large fireworks shows/ displays most cities and towns put on on these occasions. But you are right, Jim, it is possible. Do we have any readers out there who have lived or are living in Scotland and could tell us what goes on there with respect to fireworks around these times (Nov 5th, Dec 31st)?

Here are a couple of youtube video clips of Dundee that show tall towers within the city limits:

Is it possible Tomo's PP's family stayed in one of these towers during Tomo's PP's hospital stay?
    If so, it would have given Tomo's PP a reason to be in/ or go up into a "13-story" tower (either as a living person or a deceased person) while not in hospital. Just speculating here.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  19. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

In England, which shares the November 5th bonfire night celebration, there are always some fireworks set off during the weeks leading up to that date. In addition, in my early childhood, the celebration was pretty firmly planted on the November 5th date. But over the years, organised displays have gradually been distributed over a range of dates, usually a weekend, so there is no longer such a precise focus on that single date, even for large displays.

20. GuySittingintheStands

"Weeks" before? If anyone can provide an internet link for a Bonfire Night fireworks show/ display occurring anytime before October 30th in any small, mid-, or large city in Scotland in any year I would love to see it. The earliest date for a Bonfire Night fireworks display in Scotland that I have seen on the internet is November 1st. Tomo claimed to have died October 24/25th, 1997 and to have seen fireworks from a "room 4" on the 13th floor of a building, presumably his hospital room or ward, but possibly from an apartment/ flat on the 13th floor of a nearby building associated with his death from a high fever. I am suggesting that the two claims are mutually exclusive.

If you have read Prof. Ohkado's 2013 JSE paper (or seen my excerpts of this paper on page 1 of this thread) and conclude that he did NOT die in hospital in room 4 or the 7th floor of a 13-story tower (or a nearby 13-story apartment/ flat tower), please let us know in a comment to this thread.

21. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Hi GuySittingintheStands.

I, personally, can't speak for rural areas of my country. I live in a working class inner city area in the centre of my Capitol city...and here...well...just this last Halloween, I had to endure during the preceding month of that date, having to go to my local shop and see youths congregating outside and setting off fireworks, usually banger and streamers but sometimes rockets too. Sure, I heard them more than I saw them, but I did see them and they did occur. Speedwell indicates Britain is the same.

I wish you well in your research.

Speedwell likes this.
  22. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi,

I've been searching for hospitals and 13 floors, including the possibility that there are subterranean floors that don't show on the outside. Couldn't find any so far.

There are Scottish hospitals with 7 floors, couldn't find any with more than that.
    Then, I thought... it's a cultural thing to skip the thirteenth floor of a building... and he did also mention staying on the seventh floor. Maybe it was a joke or a way of saying somehow that going to the 13th floor meant simply dying in itself. Maybe a metaphorical expression that meant vanishing or dying. Maybe an inside joke between children in the hospital or maybe he overheard someone speaking and he internalized a metaphor.

I wondered why he would travel 115 km to a hospital when Edinburgh itself has a children's hospital and also paediatric dermatology.
    I don't think we should judge a little boy who remembers being a boy in a different country too hard on factuality. He says (according to his mother) that at first there was no room available and then there was and they started driving approx. 115 km to the hospital. So probably there was no room for him in a paediatric ward in E., so they went to the nearest specialised dermatology unit (could be Ninewells in Dundee).

I do remember when my own children told me about former lives when they were very young. My oldest son told the most and often his words and statements were very hard to understand. I came to understand more after several times him telling the same event. He had left out things that were obvious to him (in that mindset) or he didn't have the words to explain correctly or he was too emotional to speak properly. Sometimes saying things that he corrected another time.
    This story reminds me of my own experiences and I remember so as not to weigh every word equally. The bigger picture came after a series of him telling the same scene.

Speedwell and Jim78 like this.
  23. fireflydancing

Yes, I think so. This young boy was highly fascinated by levels and floors. He mentioned he lived in a 7th floor appartment as well. Why? I think just because there are not much really high buildings where he lives. He mentions several times the floor where he stayed in the hospital. He also said that right after his death (and observing his sad mother) he said " “I was doing something like riding on a slide or on the escalator of a 25-story building.” We don't take that literally, do we? So maybe we shouldn't take all of his words as facts.

Ward 4 is destinated to general medicine. At least, that's what it is today. I've been thinking. The boy himself only said he had an obstruction in his throat. His Japanese mom interpreted this as asthma and he agreed. What five year old knows what asthma is? When I hear obstruction of the throat, I think of inflamed tonsils. In my youth that was common for a lot of children. This inflammation can be caused by viruses or bacteria. It was already deduced by GuySittingintheStand that he had eczema (very plausible deduction). As far as I know, there are no operations for people suffering from asthma. He said he was already weak, got an operation, got a high fever, and died. I think it is not logical to operate on a child that is too weak. Unless in case of emergency (inflamed tonsils that block the passage of air in the throat, literally obstruction of the throat).

24. GuySittingintheStands

upload_2020-12-20_16-21-1.png

Menzieshill Multis (Multistorey) Council Tower Blocks (also called Menzieshill 9th Development) on Dickson Avenue, Dundee, Scotland, 1994. The 15-storey tower blocks were centered on what is today Orleans Place (3 Dickson Avenue), Dundee. All five blocks were demolished in 2010-2011 to make way for newer low-rise council flats/ public housing. Parking for Ninewells Hospital is visible on the right-side of this photo. The hospital, which is to the right of the parking lot and therefore out of the picture, is less than 400 feet (130 meters) from the tower blocks.

Reference: https://canmore.org.uk/site/70493/dundee-menzieshill-9th-development

https://canmore.org.uk/site/70493/dundee-menzieshill-9th-development?display=image

I wonder if Tomo's PP's family if not Tomo's PP himself might have stayed in one of these council tower blocks (public housing) during Tomo PP's stay in hospital.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  25. GuySittingintheStands

Fireflydancing -- You are correct when you say that there were and are no surgical options for children to alleviate asthma symptoms. Since 2010 a non-surgical procedure called bronchial thermoplasty can alleviate some of the more severe symptoms but the procedure is only approved for adults.

Tomo knew his PP's blood type (Type B) which supports the notion that he underwent some sort of operation where blood transfusion was at least a very real likelihood if not required for the operation. It was not successful, he acquired some sort of infection, most likely in hospital, and died of high fever, again, most likely in hospital.

Can you add to the list of multi-story (7+ floors) Scottish hospitals that existed in 1997 that I've listed in post # 51 page 3?

As far as his recollection of riding on an escalator in a 25-story building after his death -- obviously pure fantasy, but it does show how number-centric or at least numberophilic Tomo, the 4 y.o. Japanese Aspie boy was.

Also, Tomo's statement that he and his family had to drive on a highway some distance (he says 115 km, but we'll interpret as over an hour perhaps "hours") suggests that it was a scheduled visit probably for specialty care, ie., it was not an emergency. My interpretation based on Tomo's statements, is that somehow it became an emergency in hospital for some unknown reason. He acquired an infection in hospital which resulted in a high fever and he died either in hospital or very nearby possibly in one of the tower block flats pictured in my previous post.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  26. GuySittingintheStands

Just a post to support Speedwell's comment (post #79 page 4) regarding public fireworks displays leading up to bonfire night at least in England, in this case in the West Midlands, 24 October 1997:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/15317.stm

Speedwell likes this.
  27. contrast

28. fireflydancing

Willenhall is not Scotland, so I don't understand the relationship.
    I live in The Netherlands. We can buy fireworks in December each year. Some people don't spill it all on New Year's Eve and although it's illegal we can see fireworks throughout the year. I always wonder what the occasion might be when there is a small number of fireworks to be seen in the sky.

https://www.fireworksdirect.co.uk/a...s-shops-uk-i67/firework-shops-in-scotland-i96

It seems laws about fireworks are less strict than in my country. The Scottish seem to have four occasions in which they are allowed to use domestic fireworks: New Year's Eve, Bonfire night, Diwali, and Chines New Year.
    upload_2020-12-22_10-56-58.png

In 1997 Diwali was on the 30th of October, although I understand that there is no fixed date and that it depends on the Moon. Well, I know that although it's illegal (in my country), days before the official date of selling fireworks, the children in the street enjoy themselves (and annoy others) by setting off crackers and other fireworks.

Jim78 likes this.
  29. fireflydancing

Not only that. Bloodgroop B is rare in our area. When you have B-, it might be a problem for bloodtransfusions and when you have B+, it might indicate that you originate from another part of the world.

This young boy is fascinated by 'special': numbers, a highway, height, his blood group, floors, fireworks... and so on.

30. GuySittingintheStands

10% Blood group B in Scotland according to wikipedia, so it's uncommon. More common in Japan where Type B blood is 20%.

As far as shooting off fireworks on Diwali (mid- late Oct) and Chinese New Year (late Jan, early Feb) in Scotland, sure, but in 1997? One can imagine it since there has been a ton of immigration from India (and China, but mostly from India) to the UK (and the USA and elsewhere) in the last 30 years, especially the last 20 years, but again, 1997? Likewise, with public (organized) and private (unorganized) Bonfire Night fireworks displays / shows in Scotland before October 30th, in the 1990s: Yes, I'm sure they happened, but I can only imagine that they were relatively uncommon (vs. number of Bonfire Night celebrations after, say, Oct30th), certainly much less common than they are today, or in the 2000s, I'd wager. And yes, Contrast, Oct 25, 1997 (Tomo's PP's death date) was a Saturday, so perfect for a commercialized public Bonfire Night fireworks display. But again, what are the relative odds . . .?

And just to be clear. I'm sitting here with a stack of Death Registration Certificates for all 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 year old boys who died and were registered in Scotland from Jan 1, 1997, to Dec 31, 1999. Not one was either born on August 9th (any year) and / or died on Oct 24/25th 1997-1999 (except Candidate 79 who was born Aug 9). You might say, well then, the boy's death wasn't registered in Scotland. But if he died in Scotland, why wouldn't his death have been registered in Scotland? And everything we read from Tomo's claims indicates that his past life personality died in Scotland. (And yes, I know Tomo's PP could have died in Jan 2000 (Tomo was born in Jan 2000 probably late in the month), and I'll probably get to those deaths sometime next year, unless one of you volunteers to order the certificates from scotlandspeople beforehand).

And no deaths by tonsillectomies gone bad by the way.

Just a quick comment on Tomo's claim that his past life personality lived in "Edinbia" . Most non-Scottish English speakers and even 4 year old Japanese boys sight-reading "Edinburgh" from a map or a globe would have pronounced the name of Scotland's capital city as Edinburg (Edinberg). But that's not how it's pronounced in Scotland. The Scots turn that last syllable "burgh" into "b@rah" , ie, two syllables, which is how Tomo pronounced it -- with two syllables "bi-a", not "ba". (@ = schwa, a short, unaccented u or a sound). True, he could have heard it pronounced properly on the TV or heard it pronounced properly, in 2004, on the internet (but no youtube yet!) but what are the odds?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Summer785 and contrast like this.