• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Vietnam reincarnation 7 years and under

Jet

I was attracted to this forum because I wanted to tell the story of my son.

When my son was about four he asked me "mom why didn't we win the Vietnam war?" To my knowledge he did not even know about the Vietnam war.

The next strange thing was that he didn't like to do things other children did. He liked to lay on his stomach, dressed like a soldier from other countries as well as our own and he would shoot his toy machine gun for an hour at a time. I remember my mother telling me. "Look at his little face expressions. He looked like he was at war!" He was about four or five at the time.

The next thing he began having nightmares of shooting at people in a war and they never stopped coming.

i have told him about this when he was older and he did not really believe in reincarnation.

Well, that is my story. It is why I joined the forum.

Welcome Shannon, has your son recalled other experiences? What are your thoughts about reincarnation?

I believe in reincarnation but at the time my son was young I did not put any of these things together. It was not until later that it occured to me that these things might all point to a reincarnation from Vietnam.

Hello to you too. Forums are new to me. No, this is all I remember coming from my son but I did not ask him anything or "look" for anything at the time.

Welcome I and a few others here been to Nam as well, I was killed in '68
There are times when kids still have strong ties to a Past Life because it was their last before the current and somehow "grow out of it", others like me keep those memories and they only increase with time and another group had the memories in early childhood or not at all and get confronted with them later on, mostly due to something triggering it
I really hope your son falls under the first category because Nam was brutal, emotionally even more than WWI and II (been there too)

Reactions: Jet
I wish I had asked him more about it. He was a very troubled child. He is doing well now though thank goodness.

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to the forum!

How old is he now? Something similar happened to my oldest son. Later he declared I was silly that I took him serious with his ‘fantasies’. o_O

He is 37 now fireflydancing.

Grown up. Mine will be 24 next week. He was obsessed by shooting. Later he recalled battle field memories. Denied them when he grew older.

His biggest obsession was being a pilot in a spacewar but never said this had been a reality.

Yes my son too was always having an obsession with his toy guns. I don't think he has time for it now.

It is strange for me to understand why people have a hard time with believing in reincarnation. I think I have believed in it since I was fifteen. Maybe even sooner.

Hello Shannon

Thanks for sharing this.

I think, as CanSol notes, it is a blessing that your son does not recall more. Amnesia allows us to focus on the present life. Recalling is only useful unless it serves a purpose in the present, in my opinion.

Like your son, I had some clues which led me to understand I had lived a life during the Vietnam War. Unfortunately for me, I left that life unresolved, and it has had a huge impact on me from my teenage years onwards. It’s a long story, but you can check out my thread on these forums if you want to know more.

I would have night terrors and repeated dreams from 3 to 8 of being in ww1 or ww2 but one I was a young blonde (possibly Austrian) woman with a red cross bag and I was next to a building when it was bombed and I think I was crushed to death. Still a huge fear. My sister had a past life regression and saw me as a five-year-old in that life at a shipyard early 1900's wearing a girl navy uniform with my father. We see each other's past lives from time to time. I too was aggressive for a girl and was obsessed with packing weapons (nerf guns instead of barbies) in my backpack and running through areas like an obstacle course. Always wanted to fight and wrestle and shoot. Very strange for a girl in a family of sheltered pacifist Jehovah's witnesses. It took me till around 14 to realise this could be a past life thing and not my imagination. Has he had any interest in joining the military?? Does he watch or avoid war movies? I always avoided them.

I asked him if he was still having nightmares and he said not of a war. I reminded him of things he used to do.....shooting, nightmares etc. All he said was that he was always interested in guns. I don't think I will be getting much more out of him right now.

It’s one of those things probably best left as it is, unless something in his life prompts it to come forward. It can have a severe psychological impact if it all comes out at once, if at all. I believe that if we don’t recall our past lives, we resolve their lessons all the same throughout our life and subsequent lives.

Back