• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"We'll Meet Again"!

hydrolad

Senior Moderator
Super Moderator
The other night, I was listening to some 1940's Big Band music by Vera Lynn, a famous singer who lifted the spirits of the English people during the darkest days of World War II, and one song that she sang really struck a "chord" with me (as if I might of heard it from another lifetime!)

This beautiful and lifting song was entitled "We'll Meet Again" and when she sang it during World War II, it meant the reunion between airman, soldiers and sailors and their loved ones at the close of the war.

However it had a different meaning for me (and possibly for you) for while listening to the song, I became nostalgic and experienced a longing at the thought of meeting once again, in the (hopefully) far away future, my own circle of close friends, that I had Reincarnated with over many, many lifetimes.

And down through the mists of time, through the swirling fog, when my time to cross over, comes around sometime in the distant future, I will once again recognize, not with my eyes, but with my soul, for I shall know my old friends and acquaintances that I have shared many lifetimes with!

So dear friends, once again, as Mrs. Lynn (now Dame Vera Lynn) so aptly sang so beautifully a long time ago: "We'll Meet Again"! #G^H
 
I've always felt that "We'll Meet Again" was a song that was very suggestive of reincarnation; and it's always given me a spooky feeling whenever it played.
 
Same here. I've always felt that this song left itself open to meeting again here or "there". It certainly has a haunting quality to it.
 
It's strange you mentioned that particular song, because just about the time I was getting on here, I was watching the end of Dr. Strangelove (Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb), and "We'll Meet Again" is the song played at the end of the movie.


And I agree. It's struck a chord with me too. Before I actually heard it, I read about it in this encyclopedia, and I could literally "hear" it playing in my mind. But I'd never heard it before.
 
I had an experience like this that I will never forget.


When I was 20, I was on vacation with some friends in Spain. (I am from Belgium) One evening, at the crowded disco, I got eye contact with a young man, only for a moment, then he was lost in the crowd, and I continued the conversation with my friends. Great was my surprise when a few minutes later, he stood by my side and offered me a drink. We started talking (he was spanish, but his english was real good),first the usual talk to get to know each other, and then he asked me to go outside for a walk, because the music was so loud we could hardly understand each other.


I must say that before we went on vacation, my (girl)friends and me had made an agreement that none of us would ever go outside alone with a guy; after all we were 5 girls between 18 and 20 all alone.


But I asked my friends if it was ok, and promised I would stay on the part of the beach just in front of the disco, and well, we all must have senced this was something special, because it was ok for everyone.


So outside, I walked along the beach with that guy, and after a while we sat down. Our conversation had turned into something very special, we were discussing racism, unemployment, religious intolerance, and that kind of stuff, and we had the same opinion about all these topics.


After an hour or so, his and my friends came out of the disco, and it was time to say goodbye. I would not see him again, because he was just passing through on a trip to India.


We both became emotional at the farewell, although there was no romance involved. And I will allways remember his last words to me : "I'm sure we'll meet again in another life".


I did not know much about reincarnation then, but I felt it was true; this was a meeting with a very dear Soul that would, and probably already had, share(d) many Lives with me.


This all happened 31 years ago, but that meeting is printed in my heart for the rest of this Life.


Eevee
 
Eevee, your story about meeting again a Past Life (PL) Soul in this lifetime was very touching and poignant.


I wonder how often we meet Souls who we have shared lifetimes with and don't realize it, but chalk the experience up to something more mundane.


Throughout my years in this lifetime, I've met people who I was instantly comfortable and familiar with and wanted to stay around them, and on the opposite, people who I have met who I felt very sick and uncomfortable while around them.


One of the analogies that I have for these feelings of familiarity is Souls can be likened to two ships passing in a foggy night and for a brief minute (compared to the "time of eternity") we make contact by perhaps a blast of the foghorn, then we slip away into the "Mists of Time" until perhaps, much later on "We Meet Again!"
 
Eevee, that is a remarkable story and when I have contacts like those I consider it meeting a good friend from a previous lifetime. After meditating on those contacts I usually get a vision of who they were, who I was and where we shared time. I am reminded of the old buddhist comment that "if you touch another's sleeve in passing on the street, you've lived five thousand lives with them."


In the spring and summer of 1980, and at the age of 20, I went from India to Greece and all through Europe...spending alot of time in Spain also! If my math is correct that was when you were there...I'd say "small world", but we know it isn't and there are no coincidences, so it is simply a fun connection.
 
"We'll Meet Again"!


Yes many people have the experience of seeing or meeting someone for the first time and they feel like they have 'known them forever'. That's because they have.


There's much less chance in life than some people might believe. I suspect just the opposite is true. As people make choices they start crossing paths with others who have made those same choices. Fate brings them together for good or evil depending on what they have chosen.


People who for example get involved with Satanism, witchcraft, etc., will start crossing paths with others who are on that same path.


Depending on what those choices are spiritual bonds can continue or they can be broken, perhaps forever. I think it's in the movie 'Eyes Wide Shut' where Nicole says "Forever is a scary word.". This enigmatic movie by Stanley Kubrick is I believe about Satanism.


We see examples sometimes where people betray their family members in various ways, abandon them, abuse them, neglect their responsibilities towards them, etc.. Those are spiritual bonds that are being destroyed.


Most books about reincarnation that I have read involve the same people being reincarnated together.


I feel I knew my sister as my aunt who died back in the 1960s. I was devastated when this happened even though I had only met her a few times. Then she was apparently reincarnated as my younger sister. So I have known this person as two different people during my current life time.


My sister is I believe my soul mate or 'twin soul'. Our soul mate is a part of us as one soul became two (or perhaps more I don't know).


The Cayce material indicates that the story of Adam and Eve where Eve is created from Adam's rib really means that Eve was created by dividing Adam's (Christ's) soul. So Eve is the twin soul of God which makes her a goddess. She is the goddess Isis I think. There are strange statements attributed to Isis like she is "all that ever was".


Christ's words seem to imply that all souls who follow Him will somehow be reunited with Him.


I guess it's important to remember that even though not everyone has taken the time to study about reincarnation as much as the people in this forum at some level everyone knows the truth.


It is mainly at the conscious level that peoples' understanding about things like reincarnation varies.
 
usetawuz said:
In the spring and summer of 1980, and at the age of 20, I went from India to Greece and all through Europe...spending alot of time in Spain also! If my math is correct that was when you were there...I'd say "small world", but we know it isn't and there are no coincidences, so it is simply a fun connection.
Wow! We get to play "Six Degrees Of Usetawuz!" :laugh:


I'd have to read more on this "twin-soul" idea. When my husband and I first met I was 23 he was 13 (:eek:). He was so tall I thought he was 16. (I know, what's the difference?) We had just moved into our house and it took not quite a year before we introduced ourselves. (Thank you, Loma Prieta earthquake!) Something must have happened because as we met and said 'hello' for the first time, a friend of mine who was very spiritual leaned over and quietly said "You gotta wait til he's of age..." I punched my friend and we had a good laugh. However, after that point my friend started calling us "lifers" even though we were just friends. My house, which I shared with my brothers and our parents (times were tough!), was a safe place for kids to hang out where there'd be no drinking or drugs was where he spent most of his time when not in school. When he hit 18, the same economic tough times had him move away... which had me driving 15 miles just to hang out with him. Before I know it we're constantly going out, taking extended weekend trips into the mountains or into Nevada. One night, almost 10 years later, at Trial's Pub in San Jose, CA, I asked him if he was available. He asked "For what?" I said "Forever." I handed him a "Relationship Resume" which outlined in detail who I was and what I was all about, my past reltionships and why they ended, what I would bring into a relationship and what I hoped to get out of it. It served as our engagement! (We were in the corporate environment. I though it fitting.) He told me that night that he was glad I had the nerve to get the ball rolling because he was self-concious about our age difference, but said he knew even back when we met at the earthquake that we were destined to run this race together. Sometimes, when two souls touch, you have the opportunity to take hold and see where things go!


(Funny note: After he read the resume aloud, we didn't notice that several people were listening. One guy leaned forward and said "If he isn't hiring, I am!")
 
Shiftkitty said:
Wow! We get to play "Six Degrees Of Usetawuz!" :laugh:
And I haven't even met Kevin Bacon!


Shiftkitty...what do you know about pl with your husband? Like where you've been together before, the relationships you've shared, etc. I understand if this isn't something you want to share...I am curious because my current interest in all of this we discuss began due to trying to understand the relationship with the ex-fiance...upon first meeting, instant comfort, familiarity, and a deep sense of love and wanting to be with each other all the time...it started with a bang and ended with a supernova, and left us both wondering what, why and how it all happened. Then 18 years later she shouts my name on a train in Italy, presented a full, material vision complete with emotion and memories, and her perfume was even left on my jacket. That got me looking into all of this, and now I'm here. In accord with the topic of the thread, I'd met her quite frequently and will continue to do so...
 
So far that seems to be one door that is closed to me for now. I've wondered and meditated and searched, but I get no leads. Our friends considered us "Old Marrieds" long before we tied the knot, and as we began making our plans, I found no awkwardness in signing what would be my new signature. In fact, it flowed out so naturally that it was like I had been writing it all my life.


We must have had many, many lives together. We click on so many levels with just enough differences to remain individuals. We haven't lost our identities to our marriage, but my husband said at our last anniversary dinner that "together we are a complete work."


Whoa, stream of conciousness going here. I think your question jogged something:


It's autumn. The air is crisp. We're in a barn or large work shed. He's building something out of wood. Maybe a coach or a cart. It's some kind of transportation device that has been ordered. He's planing the surface, trying to smooth it out. I'm sitting on one of the workbenches. I have long, black, unkempt hair. My skin is slightly dark. I am wearing a scarlet dress, very dishevelled. (Scarlet! You know what that means! Scandalous!) I have the hem pulled up to above my knees, showing off my calves and my bare feet. The neckline is very low, and as I slip one shoulder down even further, it plunges yet lower. I'm trying to distract him while he works. He keeps looking over at me, giving me that smile. I think I'm winning... ;)


Wow! That scene just popped in! I do get like that, though. He'll be working on something and I'll get that playful streak and try to distract him without actually doing anything, trying my best to be a walking "Cialis moment"! :laugh:


I'll have to let my mind roam with that one and see where it leads. Thanks for prompting it!
 
Back
Top