• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What songs remind you of past life memories?

starrynight said:
The new Robbie Williams from his swing cd "Dream a little dream of me". Think that's the right title.
I'll have to look up the date but I can see myself playing it on a old style record player with a friend. The room's fairly small and cluttered, we dance along to it. I like to think I'll find a boyfriend to dance with.

It's a happy memory. :D
That was a big hit in the 60's. Mama Cass Elliott, I think.

Gift of a Thistle from Braveheart. I've never seen the film, but I heard this song a while ago and I felt very nostalgic.

I was in New Orleans and some street performers were playing blue grassy type music and bit just seemed so much like I Was home. It felt so right. I had a life in new Orleans once.

shadowsofmypast said:
I have two.
My Melancholy Blues

Another party's is over am left cold sober

My baby left me for somebody new

I don't want to talk about want to forget about it.

Wanna be intoxicated with that special brew

So come get me let me get in that sinking feeling

That says my heart is on all time low.. so...

Don't expect me to behave perfectly and wear

that sunny smile

My guess is I'm in for a cloudy overcast

Don't try to and stop me

Cause, I'm heading for that stormy weather soon...

I'm causing mild sensation with new occupation

I'm permanently glued to this extraordinary mood

so,now moreover

And let it take over with melancholy blues

I'm causing a mild sensation with new occupation

I'm in the news Just getting used to this new

exposure so come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues.

This song more than other by Freddie Mercury

set off so many memories for me .

Of my past life during 20's It describes

me perfectly How I was back then.

I can't help singing this often.
This is the song I think you're thinking of... It's called Angel Eyes..

'>

Try to think that love's not around

But it's uncomfortably near

My old heart ain't gaining no ground

Because my angel eyes ain't here

Angel eyes, that old devil sent

They glow unbearably bright

Need I say that my love's mispent

Mispent with angel eyes tonight

So drink up all you people

Order anything you see

Have fun you happy people

The laughs and the jokes are on me

Pardon me but I got to run

The fact's uncommonly clear

Got to find who's now number one

And why my angel eyes ain't here

Are you familiar with zydeco, Obie? That style originated in Louisiana, and could be what you heard. "Dream a Little Dream of Me" was already an old song when Mama Cass recorded it. It was actually a big-band era song. I love it, by the way. I listen to swing every day, and new artists are doing an awesome job reinterpreting it.

Scandinavian joik singing, Irish folk music, Chinese & Mongolian flute music and Ella Fitzgerald! and classical music, too, I guess. Sounds like a weird mix, but I think they all tie in with some PLs or another along the line.

I find people with varied musical tastes to be the most interesting. I'm sure Pandora Radio thinks I'm schizophrenic. With the wealth of music from other times and cultures available at the touch of a finger, it's a shame not to enjoy it. I actually think we are very lucky to be alive in this time, when knowledge is so accessible. It's an age of miracles, in the technological sense, as well as the spiritual. I like your list, Lynette, and can see how it reflects your PLs.

:D Thanks, Briar Rose,

Most people's response to asking me what music I listen to is 'Huhhh??? What??? What's that??'

I forgot to add Manx music to that list too traditional Manx music, though it is hard to come by... and I love learning old Sea-songs, though for some reason they always bring tears to my eyes.

For me, Vera Lynn it´s a triger... (one of some...)

"We'll Meet Again"

especialy this part:

We'll meet again

Don't know where

Don't know when

But I know we'll meet again

Some sunny day

"Que cera cera" has definitely survived my memory but that's the only specific one so far.

Native American music = definitely, always. Usually Plains through Southwest. Mainly flute or chanting. It just feels like home to me.

Besides historic songs, this one which has been pretty popular and "mainstream" lately:

(I don't remember a life in Pompeii, by the way. The lyrics just seem very past life-ish)

I enjoy a lot of different music styles, but I'm most affected by celtic/folk music, jazz and 1930's-1960's songs~ :) They make my unbearably happy.

I also really enjoy Bollywood and drumming. The sort of stuff they have in bands in US high-schools, or on the front lines of some wars (I'm unsure of which), drumming particularly excites me. I feel exhilarated when I hear it.

These songs in particular when I first heard them really moved me. I could listen to them for hours~

Greta Salome and Jònsi - Never forget

Ah! It finally hit me...ever since seeing the movie, Empire of the Sun, the song 'Suo Gan' has always haunted me. I know I have seen a glimpse into a Welsh life since then, but I think this would be the number one song that triggers pl memories or feelings. I remember asking my sister one time, if our mom, or one of my babysitters sang it to me when I was little. LOL

I have an affinity for many different types of music/songs...but that one is definitely a strong trigger.

My two cents

A song that makes me think of the past lives is something most people may find odd, but it's Make Believe It's Your First Time by the Carpenters

We've tried our hand at love before

We've been around the game enough to know the score'

But then is then and now is now

And now is all that matters anyhow

Make believe it's your first time

Leave your sadness behind

And I'll make believe it's mine

Well the door is closed, it's you and me

We'll take our time with love the way it oughta be

This moment's ours tonight's the night

And if we fall in love well, that's alright

So close your eyes and hold me close

Let our hearts pretend

That love is ours to share tonight

And it might never end

(Basically leave all the 'karmic baggage' behind)

catseye

coffee

It was in second half 1800s in England and I was little vivid girl which was fanatic to classical music and this song exponentiate it:

I remember as attentively savored every tone long ago known in our magnificent Victorian living room... ?

Don't know but a song called pestilence seems to mean something to me but can't say if it reminds me of a past life or not

Isobella-Enya enough said

Sarellah said:
A lot of people mention songs from past lives they either heard then or reminds them of then, so I decided to make a thread for it.
Okay so here is a song for parents who lost their children, I was told by two people I lost a daughter in a past life and it rings true about how I had these thoughts that my friend was my child and I didn't want to loose him, even though he probably wasn't, it was just a sensation.

Pandora Radio

BriarRose said:
I find people with varied musical tastes to be the most interesting. I'm sure Pandora Radio thinks I'm schizophrenic. With the wealth of music from other times and cultures available at the touch of a finger, it's a shame not to enjoy it. I actually think we are very lucky to be alive in this time, when knowledge is so accessible. It's an age of miracles, in the technological sense, as well as the spiritual. I like your list, Lynette, and can see how it reflects your PLs.
Good to see mention of 'Pandora Radio.' Pandora automatically recommends music based on user preferences; hence possibly a valuable tool which may recommend those long forgotten, lesser-known songs from decades past!

This one:

The more traditional version always resonated with me before I remembered reincarnation but this version resonates the most. Its more ethereal sounding so more mysterious for one. More melancholy sounding. It may also be because the artist did music for the film about my past life ( inaccurate film but essentially true ). The video shows clips from films about that period too. But the main reason it resonates is the lyrics. So bloody true. Beautiful and mournful. I miss when I saw sacrifice, bravery and courage under fire as a noble act, but when I mourn the losses of many fights this is the song that hits me.

Rhytm of the heart and Lakota medicine song don't neccisarily take me back to my first Lakota life but they do calm my Lakota spirit (am part of the same tribes now as of that I was born in in the 1800's)

Scotland the brave (on pipes only) and after the war (a 'new' song written by Paul Gross, can't remember who sang it in the movie Passchendaele but heard it before I saw the movie) open the door to WWI

Big bands lead me to my WWII Airborne life

Grebbelied brings me to the may days (as the German invasion is often reffered to in the Netherlands) of 1940, I haven't fought at the Grebbeberg for which the song is written but am buried there after I got killed at the border in the opening hours

Requim for a Soldier takes me back to Nam

Trumpet voluntary (as used to announce Royals, I heard it during a concert of Andre Rieu where Suzan Erens played Sissi) and either cried or almost do each time I hear it, no explanation for that

Haven't found triggers to the remaining lives.....yet (might still happen)

So I learned to master my playlist to avoid accidental triggers from a certain song

The '60s and '70s, very strongly. Most of the genres popular then are a trigger to some degree. I found a site that lists songs by year and month, and the really unexpected thing is the year that life ended, the earliest songs are strong triggers then diminishingly so over time, and after a point only heartbreak songs bring back any memories. That seemed puzzling at first, but it occurs to me that anything first released within the last few months wouldn't have quite been familiar yet (I wouldn't have heard it enough times) and while non-corporeal I might have been hearing what the boyfriend I left behind was hearing.

Classical pieces from the 1700s up through the early 20th century are another one. Two consecutive lives who were enthused about orchestral music.

I'd love to hear more of the music of the 1910s through the early 1940s. There are some low quality recordings that a lot of which I couldn't get into but I've found several gems... one that comes to mind:

Edit, forgot to add there's another style of music that I associate with the first half of the 20th century but I don't know what it's called and am at a loss to describe it.

Last edited:
I love Maple Leaf Rag! That could be the genre. It gives me a vision of a cafe type of place with a checkerboard patterned floor. As I recall there were also songs that were sung over staccato chords.

Celtic music, Renaissance music, and Gregorian chants for me. I don't remember any lives as a monk or anything but I find the chants really soothing and calming. And I LOVE the sound of a harpsichord!

Last edited:
No Quarter by Led Zeppelin triggers one for me. I think I heard it in my car back in 1974. Song was released in '73 so seems plausible.

there's this song.''ballad pour Adeline'.i dont know something about the emotions in it and the piano sound triggers me much and makes me nostalgic and teary.classical music in general makes me feels nostalgic

Back