• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

When you find it difficult to meditate...

Eevee

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Super Moderator
A quote from the book : Surfing the Himalaya, written by Dr. Frederick Lenz.

Every living being is psychic. Whether we are conscious of it or not, we all feel continuously the vibrations and energies that come to us from others. We feel all that with our aura, the outer layer of our subtle bodies.

Did you know that the majority of the thoughts you think and the emotions that you feel are not even yours?
The largest part of your thoughts and emotions you pick up psychically from the people in your immediate environment and from other people for whom you feel strong positive or negative emotions. On top of that, you also pick up the psychic impressions from your work or your school, and the roads you travel, the shops you visit, the city and the country where you live, and, to a certain point, from all the people that are on our overpopulated planet.

Psychical impressions can also remain for a while at a physical location.
And besides the vibrating effects that persons from our direct physical environment can have on us, and the even more powerful effect when it concerns people with whom we feel emotionally bonded, we are also influenced by the collective consciousness of the whole of human vibrations.

You should know that our mind works like a transmitter : it transmits continuously the essence of our thoughts and emotions into the aura of the Earth. Now that the earth population consists of billions, the aura of the Earth is so psychically satiated of thoughts that it is much polluted. Because of that psychical pollution it became even for people with very developed psychical qualities very difficult to see things correctly.

Do this experiment: Pay attention to how many thoughts you have when you are among people. Then go make a walk in a forest, on a deserted beach, in the desert or on a mountain. When you do this experiment, try not to walk on a path or beach that is frequented by many people. As I said before, a part of someone’s stream of thoughts stays behind in the physical locations that he visits. On the contrary, try to walk a path or a beach that is hardly tred upon, or leave the path in search of a pure spot where nobody has been for a while and stay there on your own for a few minutes.
After you have stayed ten or twenty minutes on a relatively pure spot, investigate your mind. It is very probably that you will see that you have much less thoughts than before, and even that you don’t even follow the same stream of thoughts than when you were still with company. This change in quality and quantity of your thoughts is caused by the physical distance you took from others and also because the natural elements of woods, mountains, deserts, oceans and other large surfaces of water help you to protect you against the streams of thoughts and aura’s of other human beings.

The writer continues by saying that when you have exercised and succeeded in meditating a few times in a pure spot, you will become able, after a while, to meditate also in a more crowded place.

Eevee

This is sooooo true!

While I've always picked up other people's vibes, if my husband is in a foul mood, even if he doesn't express it (and he's good and "not expressing" a lot of things!), I immediately
feel it! When I say feel, I mean that my mood changes and that's how I know he's in an icky mood (becuase he otherwise doesn't express emotion).

Also, I've spent a lot of time in the woods - - when I was young, we lived in a rural area across from a wooded forest. I spent many hours in that forest and called it "my church."

*sighs*

Thanks Eevee!

I get the same sense of awe and spiritual wonder in the wilderness! It too is my temple!

The connections with people is also very prevalent. It's interesting that he thinks most of our thoughts and emotions are not our own. I've always known I feel another persons emotions, even when we're miles and miles apart. I sense sadness and joy rather easy from this person.

Great thoughts to start the day. Thanks again.

Tman

I agree it's very easy to pick on other people's feelings and emotions, and we probably do it even more than we realise.

I'd love to have more opportunities to be alone in a forest and/or by a lake. These are my "soul sceneries". :eek:

Karoliina

This is a wonderful article. I agree with it too. It is amazing how different I feel when I am around so many people and then when I am somewhere remote by myself.

I am going to try this exercise too and see what I can glean from it. This is very useful information. Thank you Eevee. :thumbsup:

And if you are not able to find a "clean" spot in Nature...you can always try to block all emotions and vibes from others with music!

I'm very sensitve in places with many people. At times my head turns into this giant video-wall and on every screen there is somthing about a persons life and/or state of mind. When this happens I used to rush out...and get some fresh air!

To my surprise I noticed...while visiting Rock-concerts with 10.000 people around. As soon as the music started...there was no more "interference" of other people's thoughts and emotions. But during the break...everything starts again! After the break...I was completely lost in the music again, and had no problems at all!

Now that could be because all those 10.000 people are focused on the music...or I'm focused on the music and that surpresses all the other input!

For the same reason.. I hate to go to hospitals! I seem to pick up all the ....bad things...there. If I start singing/humming a song or concentrate on music (using headphones)...those things can not reach me!

Just sing....sing a song.... :D

For the same reason.. I hate to go to hospitals! I seem to pick up all the ....bad things...there. If I start singing/humming a song or concentrate on music (using headphones)...those things can not reach me!
This may be why I dread going into hospitals so much. The same with funerals. I refuse to go unless I am absolutely forced to go. I feel so much overwhelming sadness and feel as if I am engulfed in a powerful black cloud.

It is interesting to think about. I know that I pick up on people real easy and large groups also; they have a group "spirit" or something.

Back