• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why Reincarnation is Not Remembered

SandySouth

I had a theory that maybe it is by design that most people do not remember prior lives or even believe in reincarnation. Perhaps that is by design. If we could all remember prior lives and know we would be reincarnated if we died, then it is possible that some people would choose to end their life if they weren’t satisfied with their current life so that they could just go start another new life. That would defeat the purpose of souls evolving through life lessons that they learn and help those around them learn. The soul is therefore kept separate from the ego. What do you all think? Could it be by design that most people do not believe in reincarnation?

I had a theory that maybe it is by design that most people do not remember prior lives or even believe in reincarnation. Perhaps that is by design. If we could all remember prior lives and know we would be reincarnated if we died, then it is possible that some people would choose to end their life if they weren’t satisfied with their current life so that they could just go start another new life. That would defeat the purpose of souls evolving through life lessons that they learn and help those around them learn. The soul is therefore kept separate from the ego. What do you all think? Could it be by design that most people do not believe in reincarnation?

SandySouth,

I have posted this before here so I apologize for the repeat. Some of this knowledge is already known to some in various books written on the subject. And part of this I learned over the years after having an NDE myself. After that experience I have had off and on again OBE's since then where this knowledge has filter thru.

Reincarnation is the evolution of consciousness itself.

The whole process of reincarnation and karma is basically the evolution of the soul’s consciousness and expansion in spiritual awareness. The laws of Karma are simply the laws of physics in motion. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. This law applies to all life within the lower worlds of duality below the casual/soul plane.

However karma is not a system of punishment or reward as many in the west or some in the east like to think but a learning tool for the soul to know the self and master and handle its own density through spiritual growth and maturity by lessons and trials which the higher consciousness sets up for the self. In between lifetimes soul will reside on one of higher dimensions either the astral or mental, and finally the causal planes before manifesting back into physical for more experience.

However our past life memories both on the physical, astral and mental planes are stored in the permanent atom of the soul body or what some may term the causal body. The Causal/Soul Body is named "Causal" because it is the originating source of each new personality that reincarnates in each lifetime. It is the source of your manifested present personality, causing it to be and exist.

When your present personality ends, the eternal essence of you is absorbed and goes inward into the next inner body which is the astral. The physical is now dropped and soul will spend time on various levels of this dimension of reality until the same process occurs once again. The soul then drops the astral body and go further inward into the mental body. Some call this the second death. Then after much longer period of time has been spent on the mental dimension soul will drop the mental body as well and finally return to full consciousness within the Soul/Casual Body which is the eternal part of the real you. The Soul Body is immortal as it exists beyond time space and matter during your soul journey through the many incarnations or lifetimes within the lower worlds of duality which are the physical, astral and mental dimensions.

So each time we reincarnate we receive a new mental, astral and physical body which have no memory of these prior lifetimes. However the karmic actions from the past are carried over to later be expressed in the new lifetime and incarnating lower ego. This is because the permanent memories and karmic actions of these other lifetimes are store within the soul body itself. But since the new incarnated ego has no memory of this it will in essences get a clean slate each time.

This is one of the reason why children have an easier time remembering their past lives is because their inner bodies are still developing along with their physical one. Having not yet lived in this world all that long allows them easier access to the connections within the soul body’s permanent atom and its memories of other lifetimes lived.

As the child grows older this become less and less possible as the present personality is now taking hold and is more grounded into the physical world. In time these memories fade all together. In a way this is as it should.

As nature is kind by not allowing us to normally have memories of these other lifetimes so as to prevent any harm it may cause both mentality and emotionally to the present personality now being lived. Only when the soul has evolved enough in spiritual consciousness and evolution are these fragments of memories from the higher self filter thru there by making impressions on the lower mind or ego to become aware of where they have been and who they truly are.

Peace and love always.

Polairs.

Thank you, Polairs. I am a newer member here and have not had the opportunity to read this when you posted it previously. I appreciate you reposting it for me and other newer members. What you say makes more sense than what I was taught being raised as Catholic. It would be a cruel joke from God if we were all just given one single chance to live an evolved life. That would be especially true for the many who die young. Thanks again, Sandy

In my opinion, each life is a kind of separate venture, a bit like going into different rooms or different buildings, so the experience and activities which go on may be quite distinct. One thing I've found curious about many NDE accounts is that for the duration of the experience, a person may have access to all knowledge, every question can be answered and there is wisdom and guidance. But on returning to the body (often in some sort of difficulty whether medical or other trauma), the person forgets most of the details, they know that there was knowledge which they had, but don't know what it was. More directly relevant, the person often returns from an NDE with a great sense of having a purpose, something they are here to do. But most of the time, the person cannot recall what the purpose actually is. (There are exceptions, sometimes for example a person comes back with some sort of gift such as composing music, something new which the never did before).

The feeling I'm getting from all this is that we are supposed to live in the now, what may have happened in the past or might do in the future is not important, what we do now, in this moment, is what our life is about.

Where that starts to fall apart is that lots of people do have recall of things from a past life, sometimes just ordinary things such as eating or washing, but other times it is things which left some deep imprint, the painful ones tend to stand out, as our everyday life is interrupted by things from the past. But - the latter also happens within a single lifetime. As we get older, the things which happened years ago tend to become less clearly-remembered, we move on to other things. But someone who has been a soldier, or a civilian, caught up in the brutality of war at a young age, may have those memories coming back to them, disturbing and disrupting things, even years later.

So for me past-life and present-life can have the same characteristics, we may find ourselves haunted by recall of things which happened to us, just as much within a single lifetime as we do across multiple lifetimes, it seems very much the same, to me.

For me, one of the big challenges has been healing and soothing away the damage sustained in the past, irrespective of whether we may have caused it, or were just caught up in something like a fire or an earthquake. I very much don't follow the belief that there are 'lessons', for me that's just a kind of fashionable idea, but not one I find helpful. To me, it has largely been about healing.

Another thing to consider, is that it would be REALLY weird to remember that your spouse in this lifetime was your parent in a previous lifetime.

And as Speedwell was hinting at, a lot of children who remember tragic deaths in past lives often have PTSD-like symptoms that are difficult to resolve.

If we could all remember prior lives and know we would be reincarnated if we died, then it is possible that some people would choose to end their life if they weren’t satisfied with their current life so that they could just go start another new life.
I'm not sure that people who believe in reincarnation are more or less likely to commit suicide than anyone else.
And, from what I've read, most people who believe, believe that if you end your own life, that karma will follow you into the next life.

Another thing to consider, is that it would be REALLY weird to remember that your spouse in this lifetime was your parent in a previous lifetime.

There's a lady in this life who's kind of like a second mom, and she was my spouse about 300 years ago. It's definitely weird in any form. Can confirm.

Back