• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why would any soul incarnate alone?

Arrant

Senior Registered
This is a question that has been troubling me for some time! Of course, when I say "alone" I acknowledge that the presence of one's parents and siblings, etc, make that concept, on the face of it, sound questionable. But one doesn't necessarily feel bonded or drawn to one's relatives - even though we would hope to be.

No, the "alone" to which I refer is the absence of other souls incarnating with us, as part of our later life "group" - i.e. those souls who later become friends, partners, spouses, or otherwise significant people in our lives. I've always believed souls incarnate in groups, to interact and repay previously accrued karmic debt, and so on. So would a soul - and this question is prompted by personal experience - elect to incarnate alone? And, if so, why? Such a decision seems a recipe for a lonely life, one populated instead, perhaps, by a steady procession of brief, fragmentary relationships that seem to go nowhere...

Can anyone help me find an answer? What could be the purpose, the meaning behind such a life?

There are so many enlightened souls on these forums that I'm sure I've come to the right place to find out.

Thanks for reading.

I'm of the belief that what we experience in an individual life is perhaps short form, for what we experience as souls over the course of many lifetimes.

Unless we we're looking at one specific case, the answer will elude us for sure. However, if we take into consideration reasons why people often strike it own alone here and now, we may be able to postulate a few answers.

Starting over with a clean slate, wanderlust, avoiding commitments, lending a hand to someone else etc.

I wouldn't assume from the get go that the person would be doomed to a lonely existence and you're also not aware of the life plan that person has and they may indeed encounter people from their soul group later on in that life (or maybe they won't).

My wife is an excellent example of that. I don't think anyone in her current genetic family is of her soul group. She choose the family she did to recreate the circumstances of her past life as a sort of "do over" from her past life. The biggest difference is that we weren't married then, but we were in the one previous. I feel that she wants to try it again, but with me as her husband this time, rather than doing it alone as she mostly did in her previous life.

I think the point is largely that we do what we need to do for that lifetime; after all, it's just one out of many. But without a specific case to analyze, I don't think there's much we can determine.

**edit I am speaking in generalities here and Just realized you mention a personal experience. If we are talking about one specific case, some research into their past would ceartainly yield answers, as you saw by the example of my wife.

Totoro said:
Starting over with a clean slate, wanderlust, avoiding commitments, lending a hand to someone else etc.
All of this makes sense. However, if I thought I really was "starting over with a clean slate" I'd be really depressed on two counts. The first would be worry over what on earth I'd done so terrible to necessitate a fresh start; the second that a fresh start implies many more lives to come. As I was told many years ago this was to be my last earth life - but that it wasn't going to be made easy for me - I'd be thrown into confusion! Mind you, I am not saying I believed it entirely when I was told I was on on the last lap, and much that has happened in this present life - or hasn't - makes me wonder how this could possibly be my last life?

Still, we have limited perspective here, don't we? So who knows?

We do and that's also part of the reason that I don't think reincarnation has gotten much acceptance in the mainstream. So much of it you have to view within the context of an individual and even that is so open to debate sometimes.

Let me ask you this, do you feel uncomfortable with life or this world? Do you have trouble expressing yourself and being in tune (or being aware of) with the thoughts and feelings of others?

There's a few books that I've read that mention that while on the "other side" it was suggested that the individual try a life in another life form altogether on another planet simply because they didn't "mesh" with human forms of expression. I don't know if that's your case but it does lend another view point into things.

Have you tried dream programming or any kind of divining to get some clarity on this?

I don't think we are ever alone when we come back. It's just that we don't remember on a conscious level people we knew in previous lives. We don't remember our current life's plan made before we came back. We are usually not aware that there are people we knew before that are unseen and with us all of the time. You can talk to them in your head and see what their answer is.

Totoro said:
Let me ask you this, do you feel uncomfortable with life or this world? Do you have trouble expressing yourself and being in tune (or being aware of) with the thoughts and feelings of others?
Interesting question! No, I have no trouble expressing myself - generally speaking, except for a certain inhibition with relative strangers or those I feel lack the ability to consider new ideas/ways of thinking. As for feeling uncomfortable with this life or this world? I feel I am driven by different things to most people - I loathe and detest the materialism that (notable exceptions aside) consumes most people, and beyond living in reasonably comfortable surroundings, with modern amenities and being able to pay bills without struggle, don't have many material aspirations. I am aware of a duality within me: I hate consumerism, yet I am so looking forward to my next mobile 'phone upgrade next month (a shiny new Samsung S6); I love driving, yet I dislike those who own cars that guzzle petrol and are too large, and the people who drive them!

This life - well, up until my mid twenties it all seemed a bit of a ball; after that,it all seemed to gradually deteriorate! I'm 51 now, and I really struggle to see the point of it all. That doesn't mean I'm suicidal - far from it! The karmic consequences of that are far too significant for me EVER to consider that. But when I consider that so many people I was close to in my childhood and adolesence have now departed, and no one else has really come into my life to replace them, I am once again forced to consider my original question...

Of course a soul would incarnate alone, if for nothing else, just for the experience. We are all about experiencing as much as we can in a life and incarnating without other members of our soul group being around is part of that process.

In Helen Wambach's book, Life Before Life, one of her students, whom she hypnotically regressed, stated he incarnated alone into his present life without another soul from his soul group simply because no one else was available this time around, so I went in alone.

argonne1918 said:
I don't think we are ever alone when we come back. It's just that we don't remember on a conscious level people we knew in previous lives. We don't remember our current life's plan made before we came back. We are usually not aware that there are people we knew before that are unseen and with us all of the time. You can talk to them in your head and see what their answer is.
Yes, you have a point. I believe that, too. But I struggle to make the connection...

PastPilot said:
Of course a soul would incarnate alone, if for nothing else, just for the experience. We are all about experiencing as much as we can in a life and incarnating without other members of our soul group being around is part of that process.
In Helen Wambach's book, Life Before Life, one of her students, whom she hypnotically regressed, stated he incarnated alone into his present life without another soul from his soul group simply because no one else was available this time around, so I went in alone.
Also a possibility. Although I do believe we learn best in close interaction with others, and by "close" I mean emotional closeness. Emotional isolation withers the spirit, don't you think? I'm not sure.

To be a grandparent (i.e. someone has to be first in a new location), you must reincarnate before the rest of the family that is a different race, settles in a new country, or maybe a different planet - that's one possibility.

Of all the members of my family and friends, only my sister and one daughter "feel" like a group-member, however, after giving it much more thought, the conflicts with my father would indicate that there were issues that one or both of us needed to experience.

This led me to the question of how could I tell if someone in my life was a group-member. And, with that, how do you know that you are alone?

after my current life time I plan on going somewhere that most of the rest of my group here just can't follow,

they insist on living in a way that I just can't take anymore

and I can't help them anymore,

so why am I here ?

I can make good friends and connections with others anywhere I have ever gone,

so I am going far away next life

or at least that is what I think now,

will have to wait till I am on the other side to be sure

Arrant said:
Also a possibility. Although I do believe we learn best in close interaction with others, and by "close" I mean emotional closeness. Emotional isolation withers the spirit, don't you think? I'm not sure.
I would not say it withers the spirit as its just an experience. Monks living in isolated monasteries often would go into self induced isolation so they could focus more on their meditation. The monastery near where I live has a cabin on their property just for that purpose -- I could rent it if I so desired.

However, from what I have read about living alone is that it serves a better purpose when we are in groups. Its better to give love to others than to remain isolated, but experiencing isolation is not necessarily bad, especially if you have never experienced it before. You have to know isolation if you are expected to understand group dynamics.

I believe there is confusion between emotional attachment's to others in the physical and if there are similar emotional attachments in the spiritual

It is difficult to separate physical emotions and attachments to then having in my opinion them having no relevance in the spiritual

To do that you would have to assume that physical and spiritual emotion are the same when there is nothing of any consequence that even indicates that, other than individual faith in spiritual experiences

It is my opinion all of the spiritual/soul groups and attachments

that are talked about are nothing more than a physical extension of needing to be part of something.

Don't worry about getting a little tired of things as you get older. That's how nature works. When you are young and have everything to live for then death seems almost impossible to contemplate. As you get older nature takes it course. In the end you get tired of doing everything to look after yourself and your surroundings and also our changing surroundings, and as many have said.. I've had enough of all of this and I'm ready to move on. As I have said before nature is a wonderful thing. As you said it's nothing to do with feeling suicidal its just getting to the point of having enough and getting ready to move on. I'm 71 this year and I'm sure I feel far more than you do that "I've had enough of all of this."

John Tat said:
As you get older nature takes it course. In the end you get tired of doing everything to look after yourself and your surroundings and also our changing surroundings, and as many have said.. I've had enough of all of this and I'm ready to move on. As I have said before nature is a wonderful thing. As you said it's nothing to do with feeling suicidal its just getting to the point of having enough and getting ready to move on. I'm 71 this year and I'm sure I feel far more than you do that "I've had enough of all of this."
I do like that. It's a beautiful way of looking at it. And, yes, I'm sure you feel it more than me. When my dad died last year, he was 83, and was physically and mentally worn out. I am quite certain he was ready to move on.

Now personally in my opinion, none of us are ever truly alone in this physical life. Now for years I have hiked and wandered all by my lonesome physical self in the back deep wild country. And always when I go back into the wilds, when I am just by myself physically, it is at these times that I feel the most deeply interconnected to everything it seems. It does not have to be in my opinion, just other human life, but also all other life also. Have seen in my wilderness sojourns, that so much other life can provide such companionship. Now that other life might not speak english, might not walk on two legs like us humans, but can provide such companionship it seems. Now when I do feel possibly the most lonely, is maybe when I am in some big city surrounded by how many other people who I do not know. But as for people, have seen many people, rather family or friends, come and go - in and out of my present life But there has always been others here in my life. Plus also do think how often can we be surrounded by others in the spiritual realm in one's life that we just might not be aware of at that moment. But do think in one's life and incarnation, that we are never ever really truly alone but how all of us and all life are in reality so deeply deeply interconnected if we were really able to truly see.

Now hope this makes sense and Wishing Everyone the Best!

I don't think a soul reincarnates alone. I think the soul may reincarnate far from its soul group. Or that no one in the immediate family the soul is born into is from the soul group.

So this means they can feel alone up until they find more people from their soul group. Why this happens I dont now.

I have heard that old souls so the ones that are experienced sometimes reincarnate alone in this sense.

My past life mother is now my neighbour.

I would have much preferred if she was my mother since my mother in this life is a bad person.

Having said that it is how it is.

I also don't think we always reincarnate in groups to pay up for bad karma. I think that is most certainly part of it but we are also reincarnating with other souls from our soul group to help each other. Co-operate, get to where we think we should get to. And if it worked in the past it's likely to work again in some shape and form, I guess.

Arrant said:
This is a question that has been troubling me for some time! Of course, when I say "alone" I acknowledge that the presence of one's parents and siblings, etc, make that concept, on the face of it, sound questionable. But one doesn't necessarily feel bonded or drawn to one's relatives - even though we would hope to be.
No, the "alone" to which I refer is the absence of other souls incarnating with us, as part of our later life "group" - i.e. those souls who later become friends, partners, spouses, or otherwise significant people in our lives. I've always believed souls incarnate in groups, to interact and repay previously accrued karmic debt, and so on. So would a soul - and this question is prompted by personal experience - elect to incarnate alone? And, if so, why? Such a decision seems a recipe for a lonely life, one populated instead, perhaps, by a steady procession of brief, fragmentary relationships that seem to go nowhere...

Can anyone help me find an answer? What could be the purpose, the meaning behind such a life?

There are so many enlightened souls on these forums that I'm sure I've come to the right place to find out.

Thanks for reading.

Its interesting you say this.

Since I think I know who I was in my past lives and who I was with, I dont feel alone any more.

Although technically I am. I also agree nature etc. can help. I need fresh air now all the time, I have my window open and planning to buy a ranch.

So nature and a knowledge of past lives means I am not that lonely any more.

Having more people from my past lives around in 3D is the next step.

kmatjhwy said:
Now personally in my opinion, none of us are ever truly alone in this physical life. Now for years I have hiked and wandered all by my lonesome physical self in the back deep wild country. And always when I go back into the wilds, when I am just by myself physically, it is at these times that I feel the most deeply interconnected to everything it seems. It does not have to be in my opinion, just other human life, but also all other life also. Have seen in my wilderness sojourns, that so much other life can provide such companionship. Now that other life might not speak english, might not walk on two legs like us humans, but can provide such companionship it seems. Now when I do feel possibly the most lonely, is maybe when I am in some big city surrounded by how many other people who I do not know. But as for people, have seen many people, rather family or friends, come and go - in and out of my present life But there has always been others here in my life. Plus also do think how often can we be surrounded by others in the spiritual realm in one's life that we just might not be aware of at that moment. But do think in one's life and incarnation, that we are never ever really truly alone but how all of us and all life are in reality so deeply deeply interconnected if we were really able to truly see.
Now hope this makes sense and Wishing Everyone the Best!

Back