• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Wisconsin circa 1915

Hannah

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, though I've lurked here off and on for months, reading all of the great stories.

I did a few regression sessions using one of the videos on YouTube and one of the past lives I saw is described below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The name I got was Gloria (Claire?) Whitcolm (Whitcomb? Whitcome?)

Location was somewhere near Madison, Wisconsin

I was an attractive female – blond styled hair in a bun or something like that – shapely build – fairly tall – late 20’s or early 30’s? – well-groomed – great skin – nice lips – beige suit or dress with black/brown piping - hat w/black netting

I was murdered/stabbed with a knife to right top of my throat, just below the jawline – blood spurted straight out in a stream. I died with a shocked look on my face. I was very surprised at being murdered. I did not expect it; I never saw it coming.

The murderer was my lover. (Malcolm?) I was pregnant. He suggested a walk in the woods to discuss it. I think he was married. It was winter time but not bitterly cold. He stabbed me and left me there when he walked back to his car/truck.

Car/truck – beige & brown or yellow & brown. Boxy, like a delivery truck or an old style car circa 1912-1915, or possibly later.

He was middle-aged and nearly bald, but he first appeared as young and handsome with a full head of hair and mischievous grin. (I think I know him in this life.) He morphed into plain looking bald man as he was getting into his truck and looking at me lying there dying (or already dead) in the snow. He showed no signs of remorse or compassion.

I think he was getting rid of a “complication” in his life.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I've traveled extensively in this life but I've never been to Wisconsin and I've never had any burning desire to go there. I think that when I was observing him get into his delivery truck, I was already dead. I certainly felt no pain that I can recall.

This past life surprises me a bit because it came out of nowhere. I'm not even sure that I have the era right. I'm guessing it was somewhere between 1915-1920 because the suit/dress I was wearing looked to be from that time period. I don't know if gabardine was invented then, but that's what the fabric looked like to me.

I would welcome any input!

Hannah said:
The name I got was Gloria (Claire?) Whitcolm (Whitcomb? Whitcome?) Location was somewhere near Madison, Wisconsin
CLIP

...I was murdered/stabbed with a knife to right top of my throat, just below the jawline – blood spurted straight out in a stream. I died with a shocked look on my face. I was very surprised at being murdered. I did not expect it; I never saw it coming.

The murderer was my lover. (Malcolm?) I was pregnant.

CLIP

...This past life surprises me a bit because it came out of nowhere. I'm not even sure that I have the era right. I'm guessing it was somewhere between 1915-1920 because the suit/dress I was wearing looked to be from that time period. I don't know if gabardine was invented then, but that's what the fabric looked like to me.
Hi Hannah! And a warm welcome to the Forum. Your story is very intriguing, and it's good that you finally decided to post for the first time.

The name would have likely been Whitcomb. It's a family name and there are many of them in Illinois and Wisconsin. Claire is more likely the first name than Gloria. Gabardine is a tough fabric that appeared sometime during the 1880's or 1890's and was largely used in making suits. It seems that your detail is really quite good, and one would suspect that there is a great deal more detail somewhere beneath the surface, that is well worth more regression exercises and investigation.

Is it possible for you to go into more detail about the emotions you felt before and during the violent incident? Did you feel well-to-do or poor? Educated or not? Frightened about being pregnant? If you are interested in tracing to see if there was a Claire Whitcomb in that area during the first decade of the 20th Century, you could look into Ancestry.com to see if there is any research that has already been done on her family. Looking for photos of the delivery truck could also narrow down the time period within 5 or 10 years.

I hope that you'll let us know of any new information that you discover. In the meantime, any questions you may have will be happily answered by the many friendly members here on this Forum. Thanks for posting your memories and we look forward to hearing more.

-Nightrain

Welcome to the forum, Hannah! :)

You've got a lot of information, there ... actually, I don't think it would be that hard to verify your case. I lived in Madison briefly ... have you ever thought of taking a virtual tour of it using Google Street view? You could start at 2 East Main Street, Madison, WI (the Capitol Building, which was being built around that time period). Anyway, I can imagine the murder of a pregnant woman at that time would have been particularly shocking and would have definitely made front page news. You might want to search the Capitol Times.

Nightrain1 said:
The name would have likely been Whitcomb. It's a family name and there are many of them in Illinois and Wisconsin. Claire is more likely the first name than Gloria. Gabardine is a tough fabric that appeared sometime during the 1880's or 1890's and was largely used in making suits. It seems that your detail is really quite good, and one would suspect that there is a great deal more detail somewhere beneath the surface, that is well worth more regression exercises and investigation.
Is it possible for you to go into more detail about the emotions you felt before and during the violent incident? Did you feel well-to-do or poor? Educated or not? Frightened about being pregnant? If you are interested in tracing to see if there was a Claire Whitcomb in that area during the first decade of the 20th Century, you could look into Ancestry.com to see if there is any research that has already been done on her family. Looking for photos of the delivery truck could also narrow down the time period within 5 or 10 years.
Many thanks for all of that information! Interesting stuff and hopefully I can use it to help zero in on a more exact time period.

I have to say that I don't think I was a particularly smart woman, nor was I wealthy. I was feeling a bit smug and hopeful. I don't think that I was really in love with the man. My impression is that I thought I was going to force my boyfriend's hand so he'd leave his wife, and that strategy obviously backfired. I don't think that I came from a very nurturing family because I feel like I was alone. Maybe my family disowned me because I was carrying on with a married man? Just speculating.

I was guessing on the date based on the style of clothing I was wearing, which looked like it was definitely pre-1920's, but I realize that I could have been wearing clothing that was behind the times fashion-wise. The delivery van was really old-fashioned and I found a photo online - which I can't find now - that pegged it at about 1915. Again, the van could have been several years old when the murder took place. I guess I'd say that it must have been somewhere between 1915-1920 but it could have been later.

I think I wore button-down shoes of some sort - not the strappy pumps of the Roaring 20's. I know that I was very proud of my outfit and thought that I looked very fashionable but again, I don't think I was especially bright so maybe I was a country girl and the Flappers were already going strong in the big cities around the USA, but not in suburban Wisconsin.

I'll have to do more meditation/regression and see if I come up with more details and observations.

Jody said:
Welcome to the forum, Hannah! :)
You've got a lot of information, there ... actually, I don't think it would be that hard to verify your case. I lived in Madison briefly ... have you ever thought of taking a virtual tour of it using Google Street view? You could start at 2 East Main Street, Madison, WI (the Capitol Building, which was being built around that time period). Anyway, I can imagine the murder of a pregnant woman at that time would have been particularly shocking and would have definitely made front page news. You might want to search the Capitol Times.
Thanks very much - I will definitely check those sources. I did try to Google to find variations of the name but came up with nothing.

The area I was in was very rural. I think that Madison was probably the closest large city and this was somewhere in the surrounding suburbs. I tried to come up with a name but had no luck.

I will update if I learn anything new. Thanks again!

Hannah, as one who has done a bunch of genealogy, this past life of yours would be quite easy to research

genealogically speaking. There is the census records for starters. And then since she was murdered, there

is probably some old newspaper accounts of her murder around also. It might mean sometime searching if

you do not know genealogy but thought I would bring this to your attention.

Some of the online genealogical sources that one can use are .... Rootsweb, Family Search (connected to

the Mormon Church), Ancestry, etc. Now I do not know where you live but there could be a genealogical

library in your vacinity. And your local library might have connections to some of these online

genealogical site which require a fee and membership. Also I could help you do some research also if you

would like. But have to say that soon I will be going back to the mountain wilds for the summer. I did send

you a private message which hope you received. Wishing You the Best!

kmatjhwy said:
Hannah, as one who has done a bunch of genealogy, this past life of yours would be quite easy to research genealogically speaking. ...I did send
you a private message which hope you received. Wishing You the Best!
Many thanks for the tips. I will try to carve out some quiet time this weekend and check them out.

Re: the PM. I just checked and I don't have any, unless I'm not doing it properly.

Hello Hannah and a delayed welcome :)

I'm reading with great interest - you've definitely got some great details work further on. Your memory is very detailed. Did you get a clue about the name of your lover other than Malcolm? In that case you could try to search that name too and see if anything came up regarding a murder investigation or perhaps something else.

I look forward to reading updates :thumbsup:

Sunniva said:
Hello Hannah and a delayed welcome :)
I'm reading with great interest - you've definitely got some great details work further on. Your memory is very detailed. Did you get a clue about the name of your lover other than Malcolm? In that case you could try to search that name too and see if anything came up regarding a murder investigation or perhaps something else.

I look forward to reading updates :thumbsup:
The minute I read your reply the name "Boyd" popped into my head. I don't know if there's anything to it, but it's interesting that it happened!

I just googled "Malcolm Boyd" and there is apparently a well-known author by that name but he is gay ("my" Malcolm was not gay) and was born in 1923, so it's obviously not him. I'll keep looking.

Edited to add: There is a town called Boyd in Wisconsin. I wonder if that's what my subconscious was trying to tell me - the location?

There is a town called Boyd in Wisconsin. I wonder if that's what my subconscious was trying to tell me - the location?
That's very possible :thumbsup: You can take a trip with Google Street view down the main roads of that town if you like :) Do keep us updated!

Back