Amarna Period

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Ophelia3, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Argh so interesting, the anticipation is killing me!!

Fair.

2. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Don’t worry, I’m sure it will be worth your wait! ;):p

Eva x

3. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Is it fine if I put links to my Ancient Egyptian memories here as well?

4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

I think it is OK, but you might consider putting them in your profile.

5. Ophelia3

Yeah that’s perfectly fine, I’ll be interested in reading them!! :)

6. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

The memories are relatively short so I might as well post them here.

In this memory, I was basically with my wife, throwing some shade about Akhenaten, who was dead by the time this memory happened, and the things he did to religion. I found it crazy. The two of us were in a room surrounded by hieroglyphs.

Just so you guys know, I have no memories of speaking to Akhenaten directly so far but what is clear to me would be my past life self’s feelings towards him. If you want, feel free to guess my identity because this is actually an FPL. It’s just that I’d rather not say who I was yet. If I’ve told you before, please don’t reveal my pl self’s identity.

7. Ophelia3

I’d initially guess Tutankhamun?

8. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

I wasn’t but I did work under him. Sorry for the late reply.

By this time, I dressed like royalty and I was giving orders to my subordinates. I was telling them to desecrate the room we were in. It was kinda dark and seemed abandoned. No one seemed to be using that building anymore. I was pointing to certain places for them to wreck. I can feel anger coming from myself when viewing this memory. It was clear that I wanted anything that I was pointing at to be taken down and I was serious about the damnatio memoriae.

I wasn’t born into royalty, just so you know

9. Ophelia3

Aye or Horemheb?

10. Ophelia3

I’d assume the latter, because Horemheb was fairly determined to destroy the Amarna period and consign himself to the next Dynasty.

11. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Horemheb, yes.

Anyway, just a disclaimer:
    I want to talk about my perspectives but I don’t mean to upset anyone with them so if you’re offended by anything I said, feel free to tell me and I’ll edit/delete my post.

I indeed wanted the Amarna Period to be forgotten. As someone who was a citizen during that time, I was incredibly uncomfortable with the religious changes and on top of that, the economy and military started to decline as well. I held a grudge against the Amarna rulers for that and I wanted to make things right. I wanted things to go back to the way it was when Amenhotep III was in power.

As for my predecessors after Akhenaten, I didn’t exactly hate them that much. Actually, I did respect Tutankhamun, enough for me to not desecrate anything related to him. I was grateful for the things he has done for me. However, I still felt like I had to hide him somehow because of his father but without destroying anything. Regarding Ay, I had mixed feelings towards him. I felt that he took what was rightfully mine, the throne. Tut gave it to me and I was supposed to be his heir but Ay stole it. However, at the same time, it seems that we agreed on certain things.

My feelings from my ancient Egyptian memories were extremely powerful. It’s as though they’re my current feelings even though they’re not. That’s exactly how strong they were.

Edit: I forgot to mention that to me, my predecessors were not fast enough in their reforms to get Egypt back on its feet so I took it up a notch and tried my best to go even further than they would. Another thing that disturbed me was corruption. I am strongly against it. I understood some of the struggles of the citizens and I wanted them to live better lives. I also noticed that some people with a degree of power actually abused their rights and that did not sit well with me.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    truthlove likes this.
  12. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Memory:
    I was in a room with many couches(minus the backrest), kneeling on the floor and resting my head on the seat. I was still a general then. After that, my comrades barged into the room and asked me to join them. I normally would but I was not in the mood so I rejected them. I was just too depressed to do anything else. I was in agony.

13. Ophelia3

So in your memories, Tutankhamun was distinctly Akhenaten’s son?

I think in my past life in Amarna I was a very passionate advocate and follower of the Aten, so I feel our exchanges will bare conflicting emotions aha! Nonetheless it’s very interesting.

14. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Which is what I told you all along. That Tutankhamun was Amenhotep IV/Akhenaten’s son.. o_O

But Nefertiti was NOT his mother.. His mother was Queen Kiya, a secondary Great Royal Wife. But what do I know? Nothing it seems even though my PL was during this time... o_O

Eva x

KenJ likes this.
  15. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Honestly, it’s the same thing as to how citizens would know members of the royal family. Well not only that but the royal family had a lot of pictures/carvings together. Ok some were destroyed but there were still some that survived.

Anyway, speaking of your past life self, when did he/she die? During the Amarna period or after it? How we would’ve interacted depends on the period. During the Amarna period itself, I was mostly just playing along but after it, I was more vocal about my oppositions. I indeed preferred the Orthodox religion and wasn’t ready for the radical religious change. However, now, I changed a lot. I used to be very religious but now I’m not religious at all. I usually label myself ‘agnostic’ nowadays.

16. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Memory:
    I was in bed with my wife. It seems that I was still a general back then. Anyway, I was just seconds away from completely dozing off when my wife woke me up, moaning my name(how I managed to identify myself). She was really thirsty at that moment. I groaned but in the end, I gave in to her demands. I’m not going to talk about the lovemaking in detail but I shall talk about my surroundings.

The room I was in was dimly lit by a fire and it was incredibly huge. Golden objects were almost everywhere, mostly on my left side. The bed was on the right. In front of the bed, it was incredibly spacious.

Ophelia3 and truthlove like this.
  17. Ophelia3

I’m still very doubtful that Akhenaten was Tutankhamun’s father.

Your past life “memories” don’t add up AT ALL with the genetic evidence. Even with what you’ve just declared, Kiya being Tutankhamun’s mother isn’t consistent with your own story!

Three things you’re adamant about, KV35YL is Nefertiti, Nefertiti was a Mitannian princess and Kiya was the mother of Tutankhamun, which all unravels with your adamancy that KV35YL is Nefertiti.

KV35YL proved by genetic DNA tests is the full daughter of Amehotep III and Queen Tiye, which makes her Egyptian. So that immediately dismisses your conclusion that Nefertiti was Mitannian by your own pretence. KV35YL being the full daughter of Amehotep III and Queen Tiye also debunks your initial conclusion that KV35YL is Nefertiti altogether, because there is no withstanding evidence whatsoever despite the innumerable artefacts that Nefertiti was a daughter of a Pharaoh. Then lastly KV35YL being proven to be Tutankhamun’s mother there by your conclusions would imply that KV35YL is in fact Kiya, but your adamant KV35YL is Nefertiti? It’s nonsensical.

I know you dismiss DNA evidence because it doesn’t fit with your agenda but the truth will always prevail, Ma’at! You say the soul doesn’t lie, but either your soul has lied to you, or you’ve lied to yourself.

Me calling you out on your blatant inconsistencies isn’t my fault.

Regardless I always respect a knowledgeable fellow ancient Egypt and particularly Amarna lover, so hopefully these differences don’t interrupt our solidarities. :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    My_Sun likes this.
  18. Ophelia3

This is a hard question to answer, because I did have a vision of a Amarna presumably Princess, looking out from her balcony thing, and having men attack her and stab her to death, but I don’t know if that’s my specific past life per se, or if I was witnessing someone else’s death, or if it’s accurate at all. I don’t want to make unsubstantiated assumptions.

I do know I must’ve lived in Amarna because I imagined Akhetaten the city before I EVER knew the display and layout of the city, and really the existence of that city at all, but it was scarily accurate. Also I’ve always had an affiliation with the sun, I used to worship it, believed it was my consciousness and that I was the chosen one lol. Very aligned with the religion of Aten. Also my consciousness “the sun” as a child told me there was one previous good “prophet” before me, and I always envisioned a man, riding a chariot in the desert, and ultimately in Egyptian attire. Which would indicate a past life after the 17th dynasty when chariots were introduced.

I’ve just been connecting the dots, but I couldn’t tell you when I died or how for definitive, sorry.

19. Ophelia3

Fairly curious to have a past life memory regarding love making! I don’t think I’d like that! :eek:

20. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

It’s still pretty interesting nevertheless. Anyway, I do have a lot of love making memories. It’s just that I rarely ever post about them unless they’re relevant.

New memory, the most recent:
    In this memory, it seems that an important event just ended. I was dressed in full royal attire, complete with the Nemes. Something about me is that I usually had long hair(ok not too long but long enough) and I’ve never seen myself with very short hair. It was usually a bob so I would need to cover up my hair with something long. One thing that’s different is that my headdress was really the type reserved for the very special occasions.

I was walking back to my chamber with a close subordinate of mine. The corridors were pitch black so the two of us tried to light up the corridor, igniting the candles at the sides. We were worried about the other people living with us, not wanting them to get lost in the darkness, especially when we went home first.

Another thing about this memory is that I appeared petit. I actually had to tiptoe a bit just to light up the candles. My subordinate also towered over me significantly.

21. Ophelia3

Are these all memories acquired by past life regressions? I’ve never had much luck with past life regressions, they never feel real. They’re as if I’m just making stuff up and I have quite an elaborate imagination. With my visions they weren’t influenced by me at all, so I feel they’re more authentic.

It’s very interesting you were concerned about the lighting, often it’s the trivial things that aren’t mentioned in PL’s.

What is your past life Horemheb teaching you through this life? Why is that past life significant to you?

You don’t have many memories in Amarna itself? When Akhenaten was ruling? That’s fairly curious...

Thanks for your response! :)

22. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Not past life regressions. They were acquired from my dreams and they’re usually from somewhere in the morning so I could remember them. I mean, I had other past life memories but I’ve just forgotten the details so that’s why I couldn’t really share them. The only ones I can share are those I can remember pretty well.

The lighting was actually the highlight of the memories. I was very concerned about my housemates(I can’t find a more appropriate term for this). The last thing I wanted for them was injuries, especially nose breaking.

I think it’s teaching me that I basically have the potential to do great things no matter where I start. I can start my journey from the rock bottom but with enough determination and hard work, I can reach great heights. I can apply this concept everywhere, including school and in the future, work.

It’s pretty significant because it was one of the lives where I feel I contributed the most to human society, with one of them reducing corruption and actually serving my citizens instead of being selfish. Even till now, I’m highly against corruption. Of course, I was responsible for many other things such as helping the US gain its independence and being of service to the Western Bloc during the Cold War. Those we’re my proudest moments.

For now, most probably not. The earliest so far was most likely Tutankhamun’s rule. Either that or I probably did have Amarna memories but just not aware of it. It’s especially in the memories when my first wife was still alive and my time as a general. Even without the memories, though, I can feel that I vehemently disagreed with most, if not all, of Akhenaten’s ideas.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  23. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

New memory:
    This is my very first memory from the Amarna period itself. I was in a grand building with Akhenaten, who was wearing his blue crown, while I wore my general attire. We were looking out of a window and basically talking. Well, it was mostly him just him trying to convince me to change my religion. I didn’t say much. We could see some sort of walls and the Aten was very obvious. We had about the same height and Akhenaten’s wide hips and protruding belly were prominent. So was his nose.

Externally, I nodded and smiled as he talked but internally, I felt great discomfort and irritation. I was surprisingly calmer than I expected but at the same time, I wasn’t completely pleased. I was fine with the royal family worshipping the Aten but what I did not approve of was them shoving their beliefs down the throats of other people, including mine. I initially thought that everyone should be free to worship whoever they wanted but eventually, I changed to the point that I wanted the people to keep to the Orthodox religion only after Egypt basically went downhill. I thought it happened because the Gods got angry at us for not worshipping them.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  24. Ophelia3

Sorry Bellona, I thought I had responded.

Your lesson learned from that past life is pretty humbling, and very true! Regardless of one’s background, they can still do great things. Perhaps that’s also why you held a fair bit of animosity toward Akhenaten. You saw that everything just fell in his lap because of his birth right! His father was the richest man alive, living in abundance and so Akhenaten could do whatever he wanted, and so he did regardless of others. I can imagine that being a hard pill to swallow to someone whose worked hard for what they’ve acquired.

Also maybe that’s why you had more respect for Tutankhamun, that although he was of royal lineage, he struggled due to his deformities, Tutankhamun did have to fight for what he had, and you admired and respected that in him? Just a thought.

Though I have to ask, Akhenaten “hired” new overseers when he came to throne and moved to Akhetaten, so that he had trustworthy alliances. Why would he have hired you? Perhaps he didn’t detect your anti-Aten and Akhenaten sentiment, and perhaps you hadn’t developed that sentiment yet? Curious to hear your thoughts on this!

25. Ophelia3

Re-reading this, I realised that Akhenaten was aware of your apprehension to solely worship the Aten. It’s curios he didn’t have you... well banished! I don’t know him though, perhaps he saw something in you of value or that he respected! Particularly if he was trying to convert you.

I think toward the end of the Amarna period, even Akhenaten himself was starting to feel that he was being punished for his decisions to deconstruct the religious autocracy.

I’m actuality writing that last bit has made me feel off, I think I’m going to sit with these feelings!

Looking forward to hearing from you again, sorry for the belated response!

26. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

It’s fine, I can be late in replying sometimes too.

Yep, I didn’t like how he got everything from the start at that time. This life was one of my earliest so I didn’t have much experiences. However, after reincarnating into a royal family years later, I realised it’s not really easy either. If you’re born into royalty, you have really high expectations, especially if you’re heir to the throne. I experienced it second-hand, my older brother got the pressure. He wanted to lead a normal life with a commoner lover but my father, the Tsar, punished my older brother in the end and my older brother died shortly. I’m not sure if it’s the same in Ancient Egypt but like I said, being born into royalty actually isn’t any easier, especially if you have your own dreams outside of your royal career. I became the next heir to the throne after my older brother’s death but I passed on before my father did so I never got to become Tsar. I didn’t feel much pressure because I didn’t mind at all but my older brother did.

I could see Tut struggle with those deformities but he had steely determination, that’s what I admired about him. Actually, it wasn’t just deformities, he had difficulties in other parts of life like producing an heir, something I also couldn’t do. It’s depressing losing young and possibly unborn children, especially when you intended to have them.

During Akhenaten’s reign, I decided to pretend to worship the Aten but behind his back, I continued worshipping the old gods and remained loyal to them. I did think this through, that there probably would’ve been repercussions if I didn’t obey my superiors. This trait of obedience(or feigned obedience) carries on to this life.

It was probably because of my leadership qualities or something similar that he didn’t banish me. It seems that I sort of still have it. I mean, if you consider being a moderator of a huge discord server being a leader, that is. Well that and some school leadership roles. I normally do not get into trouble, but I’m pretty rebellious sometimes. I’m just good at hiding it.

I remember watching a documentary and I would show you some screenshots because they look similar to my memories but rip, I can’t find them for now. I’ll send them here once I find them.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  27. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

BE79DA73-A2EF-4286-BE97-098163394037.jpeg
    The abandoned building looked similar to this

D5F2F8AE-A971-43C0-98B5-C6EEBD81B91E.jpeg
    Amarna did look a bit like this

28. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

That sounds close to my experience!! Which triggers an even more scary feeling of being associated closely with Attila, which is a vague but consistent feeling.

29. Bellona324

Bellona324 Divine Femboy

Which part of it was close? The fact that you didn’t like Attila but still forced to obey him anyway?

30. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

No, the comment you made that I included in my post. The Admins put up with my narcissism, and I was a good "leader" in areas of my life - hopefully still am - that is all that I meant. The Attila recall is very very vague and unworthy of much mention yet it persists.