elaina
Member
I recently became open to the idea that we might have past lives after meeting someone that I had a very intense immediate reaction to. I felt like we were picking up in the middle of something, and that I recognized him somehow immediately. I also had a number of deja vu experiences when I was with him, and on occasion had what I can only describe as out of kind of out of body experience where I was outside myself watching.
In thinking about the possibility of past lives I remembered a very vivid dream I had awhile ago where I was in a sleeping car on a train with my husband and two little boys. (I'm not married, and want kids, but have never really thought about it much, and particularly haven't thought about having little boys.) It was the 1920s or 1930s I think. There was a lofted sort of bed and then a type of bench underneath. I was wearing a traveling sort of outfit with a hat and skirt. I remember we walked into the car and I was setting some luggage down, my husband was behind me to my left, and my two little boys were giggling and sort of flopped onto the bench and were very happy. This dream didn't seem like other dreams I have had. I knew the woman in the dream was me, and I could feel the immense sense of contentment and happiness she had with her family, but I was sort of hovering above watching the scene and she didn't look all that much like me.
At any rate I went to bed after having thought about this during the day. Towards morning I was in a sort of lucid dream state, I have tried many times to lucid dream and control the topic or dream or interact the way I did this time, but have never been able to. I seemed to be both completely awake and completely asleep, and my awake self asked, "What do you want to see with him, the future?" My sleeping self 'answered,' and said, "A memory." My awake self interpreted this as just reliving a memory from when we were together (we had a brief wildly intense dating period that has since ended for no real reason other than a bit of distance and maybe the sheer intensity of it), but then I immediately jumped into this lucid dream:
I was in the middle of a circular clearing in some sort of forest (it might have had a Mediterranean feel I can't really place the location). I was hovering outside and slightly above the "me" in the dream who didn't entirely look like me, her hair and skin were a bit darker than mine. I could only see "me" from behind. My hands were tied behind my back, like a rope of sorts had been wound around my wrists, and the same with my ankles. I don't think I had a clear visual of the male approaching me, but I had the sense that it was the man I dated and had the strong reaction to (and I knew that he is who I had 'asked' about). I was wearing very little, but what I was wearing looked somewhat "tribal" for lack of a better way to describe it. I had a dark band of paint or something around one of my upper arms. There were other people around standing on the outer edge of the clearing in groups. There was a grass hut behind the man approaching me. He was wearing a sort of loin cloth, but not like the stereotypical leather one you might picture, some sort of longer neutral/yellowish colored grass was involved, but I don't have a clear picture. He approached me in a way that seemed somewhat ceremonial or like there were certain steps he was taking, it was a bit like he was dancing towards me but not entirely. I looked at him and felt overwhelming happiness and attraction and felt as if we had a secret between us that I could see in his eyes, but no one else in the clearing knew or understood. I don't really know why but I think the secret may have been that we were in love and everyone else just thought we were dutifully acting out our part based on how things worked in the culture.
Driving home later I was thinking about the dream wondering what the symbolic value was and I suddenly thought that maybe it was some sort of wedding ceremony. When I got home I googled it and a lot of things came up about ancient people tying ropes of grass or some sort of plaited rope around the wrists and ankles of the bride. I couldn't really find much more detail in my quick research. I have zero "real life" memory of learning about this tradition, I could have forgotten that I learned about it, and I haven't researched enough to know if this is really what I saw in my dream, but it has really added to my openness about the idea of past lives.
Has anyone had a similar dream, or have any guidance for me? I'm sort of new to the idea of being open to this as a possibility.
In thinking about the possibility of past lives I remembered a very vivid dream I had awhile ago where I was in a sleeping car on a train with my husband and two little boys. (I'm not married, and want kids, but have never really thought about it much, and particularly haven't thought about having little boys.) It was the 1920s or 1930s I think. There was a lofted sort of bed and then a type of bench underneath. I was wearing a traveling sort of outfit with a hat and skirt. I remember we walked into the car and I was setting some luggage down, my husband was behind me to my left, and my two little boys were giggling and sort of flopped onto the bench and were very happy. This dream didn't seem like other dreams I have had. I knew the woman in the dream was me, and I could feel the immense sense of contentment and happiness she had with her family, but I was sort of hovering above watching the scene and she didn't look all that much like me.
At any rate I went to bed after having thought about this during the day. Towards morning I was in a sort of lucid dream state, I have tried many times to lucid dream and control the topic or dream or interact the way I did this time, but have never been able to. I seemed to be both completely awake and completely asleep, and my awake self asked, "What do you want to see with him, the future?" My sleeping self 'answered,' and said, "A memory." My awake self interpreted this as just reliving a memory from when we were together (we had a brief wildly intense dating period that has since ended for no real reason other than a bit of distance and maybe the sheer intensity of it), but then I immediately jumped into this lucid dream:
I was in the middle of a circular clearing in some sort of forest (it might have had a Mediterranean feel I can't really place the location). I was hovering outside and slightly above the "me" in the dream who didn't entirely look like me, her hair and skin were a bit darker than mine. I could only see "me" from behind. My hands were tied behind my back, like a rope of sorts had been wound around my wrists, and the same with my ankles. I don't think I had a clear visual of the male approaching me, but I had the sense that it was the man I dated and had the strong reaction to (and I knew that he is who I had 'asked' about). I was wearing very little, but what I was wearing looked somewhat "tribal" for lack of a better way to describe it. I had a dark band of paint or something around one of my upper arms. There were other people around standing on the outer edge of the clearing in groups. There was a grass hut behind the man approaching me. He was wearing a sort of loin cloth, but not like the stereotypical leather one you might picture, some sort of longer neutral/yellowish colored grass was involved, but I don't have a clear picture. He approached me in a way that seemed somewhat ceremonial or like there were certain steps he was taking, it was a bit like he was dancing towards me but not entirely. I looked at him and felt overwhelming happiness and attraction and felt as if we had a secret between us that I could see in his eyes, but no one else in the clearing knew or understood. I don't really know why but I think the secret may have been that we were in love and everyone else just thought we were dutifully acting out our part based on how things worked in the culture.
Driving home later I was thinking about the dream wondering what the symbolic value was and I suddenly thought that maybe it was some sort of wedding ceremony. When I got home I googled it and a lot of things came up about ancient people tying ropes of grass or some sort of plaited rope around the wrists and ankles of the bride. I couldn't really find much more detail in my quick research. I have zero "real life" memory of learning about this tradition, I could have forgotten that I learned about it, and I haven't researched enough to know if this is really what I saw in my dream, but it has really added to my openness about the idea of past lives.
Has anyone had a similar dream, or have any guidance for me? I'm sort of new to the idea of being open to this as a possibility.