Back And Feeling Stuck

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Mar 6, 2020.

1. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

GalaxyDreamer, I get the impression that your worry is perhaps making you try too hard, and causing you unhappiness. So I hope you won't mind if I add a few of my own observations in the hope it might help ...

I'm sorry the difficult things in society are making you feel like escaping. I can identify with that! But maybe it's not the right time for you to achieve on the grand scale? Or to be a courageous leader and change the world? Sometimes it's enough just to live as fair a life as you can with what's been given you, and let the future worry about itself. Sometimes it's enough to be kind to the people around you, and who knows what small acts of kindness can lead to? We don't always see the results of these small things, but they can perhaps make a huge difference to another person's life.

We live in difficult times and it's easy to despair, particularly with the political shenanigans and lies that surround us. But not all of us can change the world in a significant way, and maybe it isn't possible for such change to be seen even within a lifetime. But we can all play a part, however small. If it's your personal role to be a leader, I think it'll suggest itself at the right time, and also equip you for it if and when that comes. Meanwhile, don't be too hard on yourself, you don't have to do too much too soon. Look for the good things in life, however simple. I know that's a bit of a cliché, but it does help. I hope you can soon find a direction and purpose in your own life that will inspire you and give you peace of mind. Once you know what that is, go for it. Wishing you all the best!

Li-la and SeaAndSky like this.
  2. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Thanks tanker for your response especially since since this post has been going really off topic. Perhaps I shouldn't worry so much about the world but I'm not sure what I can do other then maybe completely isolating myself from the world for a while.

3. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi Galaxy Dreamer 90,you can not take too big a chunks about anything in life, then it will end up eating you up instead. completely isolating yourself is not the answer. Find out what is your inspiration and find balance in your energy and you will be fine. From what I take in you wish for your professional life to be a leader, just like any other job, you can not take on too much, and you must ask yourself. Why do I want this? Is it to make the world a better place? Or is it status? (can be sensitive to answer a yes on that), but really ask yourself, deep down, why do I want this. If you find your answer, walking into a political and dirty game world will not hopefully keep you from your own answer, the road you wish to take. If you will have a family of your own one day you will understand more the difficulty sometimes in finding the balance between work and home life, it is not black and white, it isn't easy. Many families would be more balanced if one stayed at home and the other worked, does not matter if female or male.

Best Wishes
    Li La

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  4. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi Sea and Sky!

I apologize for jumping in like this, but I too mourn this. I remember things from past lives, as you know. The other day I was going to get on a bus and I knew just who had been there first, waited the longest. There was a dad there with 3 kids around the ages of 4-8, I think the dad had Spanish blood in him, not too young. There was an old woman there too. And there were the young generations looking down their cellphones, males. The young generations with their cellphones had waited the shortest time. Then the bus came. Who pushed their way to get on first? The young generations with their cellphones. The dad stood with the 3 kids back to let the elderly women get in before they did. I watched all this as I had waited the longest, but knew perhaps from my past life that it isn't just me, me, me, it is about seeing each other and determinate the order who is in most use of getting on the bus the quickest (it was cold and windy here in Sweden) and also to get a seat. I thought to myself what is the world coming to? If this is the future, I say no thanks.

Best Wishes
    Li La

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  5. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Thank you :) that sounds right way you describe it, it was as if Papa could not get me out of there soon enough, bless his heart. I have one other strange thing where I stood in a garden, being a young child in a pretty dress, a little dressed up with another young girl. We were suppose to play, further away at distance a group of grown ups females sat, i came closer to overhear one of them laugh a little to another female that it did not matter how they dress me up, that the dress was pretty, but not me. I saw someone, a woman, come from the house towards them, i dont think she had heard, she white too. I looked down. So maybe it was one if those who was up with that with the closet thing. Sorry, i got off the topic, I will butt out now, ha ha.

/Jaimie

SeaAndSky likes this.
  6. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I honestly think that isolating yourself would be the worst thing you could do. All it does is to give you an unbalanced view of the world. In my opinion it's possibe to be in the world but not of it, if you know what I mean. I too have a big problem with the ways of the world at present, but I can live my life in a certain detachment. The evil in the world can't get a hold on you if your inner thoughts are on good things. But I feel that other people - for good or bad - can help keep your own feet on the ground, and give you that focus to question your personal views so that you can make balanced decisions. And as you're doing now, bouncing your ideas off other people might help you find out what it is you really want from your life. The problems of the world will go on with or without any one of us!

SeaAndSky and Speedwell like this.
  7. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I just dont see any good in this world these days. I was never the type to see the good in others anyway. Not sure how I can ever be happy but I dont want to be happy anyway as odd as that may sound. This era just doesn't get me.

8. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Li La,

This is apparently what the world is coming to--mannerless twits lacking both courtesy and chivalry. If they had any character at all, they would have been the last ones aboard, after women, children and elderly, but this is what modern culture encourages. However, there is always a chance that they will be able to overcome their negative programming. Often people come to realize that there is a better way to be as they get older. So, we can't give up hope!

Cordially,
    S&S

Li-la likes this.
  9. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Jaime,

I'm sorry that you/she had to hear that! No wonder Sadie was so self-conscious and worried about her looks! :oops: Some people are so cruel, and yet they seem to have no comprehension of how a remark like that can take root in a small child's mind and understanding. Honestly, it makes me wish that someone could reach back through time and give them a good slap! (I wouldn't do it myself, though I'd certainly be likely to tell them what I thought of them :mad:). If they were also the ones that put her in the closet, then my indignation is off the charts! I have to hope that her father never let her stay with such people again.

Cordially,
    S&S

Jaimie likes this.
  10. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi SeaAndSky !
    Thank you so much. This past life is an expert of giving me feelings I have not had in this life, and that scene was one of them. It felt as if Sadie took the blame for it. She did not get angry or thought it wasn't true or something like that. But it was like a slap in the face, even if the woman was not aware of Sadie having heard her, perhaps. She just took it inside her, a classic I still do if, when I get hurt. I knew she had trouble further ahead not thinking her face was pretty, but I can't say if this was all in her head or if there was something to it. The motherly/grandmotherly figure who came walking towards these women seemed innocent, not part of it, and it was as if the subject went away as they became aware of her returning presence. From my memory 3 women sat down but it was only 1 who made the remark, especially to one girlfriend who was almost just as bad, but the third decided to drink out of her cup instead. There must have been a grown up issue between these women, I think, in order for one of them to verbally put down a child for no reason. That would have been wonderful, yes, to go back in time and do, or say what you suggest, thank you again :)
    /Jaimie

SeaAndSky likes this.