• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Childhood Interests

Twilight

Senior Registered
Hello there, I was wondering what your interests were as a child and if it connected to a past life :)

BriarRose said:
Twilight, first tell us how your childhood interests relate. We'd love to hear!
My bad :p

As a child I thought horror was the norm of cool. I've been also interested in Dinosaurs and Space.

I was thinking horror was a way to cope with all the deaths in my pastlife

Something that sparked into my head last night

It's interesting that you liked horror- I think you mean films? Sometimes confronting what scares us head on is the bravest thing to do. I was interested in everything as a child, except sports. They still bore me "stiff - watching them, doing them, and people who like doing them! LOL I exempt American football, out of loyalty to my husband. I learned about it for him. I have found that a lot of my childhood interests are connected to past lives. Those interests are often good hints about who we were. There were certain historic figures who interested me before the age of 10 - I can think of Daniel Boone, the Marquis de Lafayette, Jefferson, the Adams family - Abigail and John. I loved the pirate, Jean Lafitte, Martha Washington, Dolly Madison, and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Those are biographies I read that made a strong impression. I certainly wasn't any of those people, but there are a few I may have known. Any one else with particular childhood interests, that may be PL related?

Since I was very young, perhaps 4 or 5, I've always wanted to dance~

Tap, ballroom, ballet, street, it didn't matter as long as it was a form of dance. None of my family have ever been into dance (my mum and dad are both 'punks' so their idea of dancing is jumping in a crowd and punching people :laugh: ), I had one friend growing up who did ballet but advised against it as it was hard work LOL but nobody in my family has ever understood why I've wanted to dance so badly, unfortunately due to that I never had the opportunity to learn as a child.

I've also always been fascinated by motors and machines. I want to pick them all apart and see how they work. From the age of 6 or so I would take apart the VCR or the games console just to look inside and figure out where all the pieces went and what made them work. Again nobody in my family is any good with technology or mechanics so this was a bit of a mystery too :D

ColourODarkness said:
Since I was very young, perhaps 4 or 5, I've always wanted to dance~
Tap, ballroom, ballet, street, it didn't matter as long as it was a form of dance.

I've also always been fascinated by motors and machines. I want to pick them all apart and see how they work. From the age of 6 or so I would take apart the VCR or the games console just to look inside and figure out where all the pieces went and what made them work. Again nobody in my family is any good with technology or mechanics so this was a bit of a mystery too :D
This is obviously past life related. The dancing could be more recent, like 20th century. I'm mechanically inclined also. At age 6 I was repairing (with a hammer) my mothers spring-type clothes pins that were on the ground in pieces in the back yard. I would put the pieces back together and place them in her laundry basket. Today I save lots of money by doing most home and appliance repairs myself. I recently found a similar individual on an internet blog who came up with a way to keep freezer drains from freezing up. Very simple and inexpensive. The guy is a genius. I used his method in my freezer and a friend's and now there is no more ice in the bottom of the upright freezer. I had at least one past life where I had an important factory job, so the ability may come from that.

Now since I was a kid I have always loved to camp and hike. My father worked for Shell Oil as a landman so the family was transferred around at times to several various locations. But Colorado and the mountains were home even after the family was transferred out of the state. As a family we would have vacations every summer back to the mountains. I loved this in growing up camping, eating fresh trout straight from the streams, and hiking nearby. As a kid wherever the family lived I would find some open fields and woods nearby where I was always out in them hiking aroung, hanging out, and such. As a kid how much did I love to catch snakes and watching the birds. I had a number of pet snakes as a kid which I loved. My mother was always absolutely horrified of snakes. And am a birdwatcher to this day with keeping a lifelist and everything. It is one of my passions in life. Also since a little kid, I was addicted to everything Native American. An remember one Easter where my parents gave me this nice book on Indians which I still have to this day.

Now like BriarRose, I was also bored stiff when it came to sports. As a kid, was so bored with school also for I could always think of 1,001 things that I would rather be doing instead of school. I was really into the natural world even as a kid. I remember having some note cards as a kid with the different animals and such on them which did love. Also I really loved learning about history as a kid. And at sometime when I was in my teens started doing my family's genealogy. I have always had a deep interest in the American Revolutionary War period. As a young kid, I even had some revolutionary toy soldiers that I ordered out of some comic book. Also as a kid I had such a deep interest in the space program and do remember watching every rocket launch and moonwalk when I was young. Here it would be in the middle of the night, and I would be watching some moonwalk and I would be the only one in the family watching. Guess I have always had this sense of adventure even as a young kid. Guess makes sense with me growing up to become a wilderness wanderer for like 35 years in my adult life. And it makes sense with being a Double Sagitarius in this life.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

I remember loving anything to do with fire. Growing up in a 3rd world country I had more opportunity than most, even building a small mud and stone stove to cook with my friends. Camping we always had fires, also, and for every other excuse. Also candles and oil lamps for light. I didn't like it when we transitioned to propane lamps, and then solar-panels and electric even though they were brighter. Good memories.

Rain and thunder.

The sound of flowing water.

Breathing in dust in the library and reading old encyclopedias. (Don't remember what caught my attention in them, though *sigh*)

Half-way up the mountain with the crisp, cool air in my lungs and the valley spread out below.

Falling asleep beside the river while watching the stars....

I always felt like I was in "my meant-to-be place" at those times.

I also always wished I could dance and had little interest in sports (except in appreciating my friends' skills).

We couldn't afford an encyclopedia, but my paternal grandmother had one, Dreamer. I used to sit in her parlor floor, and read them when we visited. To avoid fading the "good" suite of furniture(!), it was kept dark in the parlor, although there were bay windows, and french doors. The family would remark, "Look at her reading those books. (whisper, whisper) There must be something "wrong" with her!" No wonder I never visit those good folks. They are in the "dark", like the parlor furniture - I wonder if there has been any "fading"? :D Reading the posts of others, it seems some of us have been born disconnected from our soul groups.

BriarRose said:
It's interesting that you liked horror- I think you mean films? Sometimes confronting what scares us head on is the bravest thing to do. I was interested in everything as a child, except sports. They still bore me "stiff - watching them, doing them, and people who like doing them! LOL I exempt American football, out of loyalty to my husband. I learned about it for him. I have found that a lot of my childhood interests are connected to past lives. Those interests are often good hints about who we were. There were certain historic figures who interested me before the age of 10 - I can think of Daniel Boone, the Marquis de Lafayette, Jefferson, the Adams family - Abigail and John. I loved the pirate, Jean Lafitte, Martha Washington, Dolly Madison, and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Those are biographies I read that made a strong impression. I certainly wasn't any of those people, but there are a few I may have known. Any one else with particular childhood interests, that may be PL related?
Thanxs, ^_^makes me wonder if there are Ghost Hunter documentaries on Nottingham Gallows. :)

I remember loving antique stores and anything vintage, especially old toys. I remember my dad bought me a record player and a ton of old 45s from the 50s that I adored.

I was fascinated with medicine, read nursing textbooks for fun as a young child and by the age of 10 or so could diagnose simple ailments and new the fixes for them.

Strange kid that I was LOL

When I was little we had a box of 'dress ups' that I used to love. There were a lot of lovely things from the 1930s, including powder compacts, strings of beads, shoes and handbags. I don't know where they all came from. My mother probably got them from some second hand jumble sale I suppose. I adored a few of those items and did love to get dressed up in them.

Good question! My interests can be eclectic but I do have interests tied to my life in the 1900's. Playing Irish music, sitting in pubs with my father, horses, old paintings and photographs...

On childhood interests:

* As a youngster, I remember playing as a mock shopkeeper (complete with miscellaneous items from around our house, and a backyard that simulated a shop, and a shop’s stock). I also remember enjoying illustrated books, TV cartoons, and variety-shows that portrayed examples of shopkeepers and their staff!

* Growing-up, I remember the "Warner Brothers" Cartoons i.e., Daffy-Duck, Porky-Pig, etc. that depicted styles from the 1930s to the 1950s. Some other cartoons e.g., The Pink Panther, and Popeye cartoons (esp. the older cartoons) showed a 1930-1940s styles; the time I felt my PL lived.

* Viewing media content common back at the time of a person's childhood i.e., photographs, music, TV Shows, radio-shows, commercials, news events, etc. may also act as "bridges" leading to possible PL memories.

* Many childhood images e.g., home-movies contain background features such as items that convey the styles/fashions, and places of the time. If one's incarnation between two lives was only a few short years, then the styles of the time may remain quite similar throughout past, and present lives. Personally, I feel that my present life began less than five years after my PL died.

* Tactile (touch) memories of decades-old items in the family may act “as a trigger of sorts.”

* Personally, I have strong long-term memory abilities, which may be an advantage in PL recall. I’m surprised that strong long-term memories as a child (esp. before eight-years of age) have not provided insights on my past-life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything English

I was a serious Anglophile which is not normal or easily explainable for a child born into Communist Eastern Europe in the late 50's. I also liked drawing but so do other children, I loved cats (but so do other women/men). As it turned out my possible past life, I was an Englishman. (a Londoner at that).

Interestingly, I was crazy about hats and canes (!) as a toddler and drove old men into tizzy for demanding their hats and canes even before I could talk.

My current ethnicity on this material plane was part German, but even that did not turn the table on my fondness to anything English.

Castles, knights, dragons (my first dream I can remember was of a dragon), folklore, the Dark Ages, werewolves, unicorns, damsels, kings, queens, serfs, peasants, etc. I also have always loved the night and rain.

I have always had an angry aversion to vampires. They don't scare me, they disgust me. I can enjoy a vampire movie for what it is, but when people romanticize them some part of me has always wanted to grab them and shake some sense into them, yelling "Don't you know what they are?"

Hi Shiftkitty,

I'm interested to find what you know about vampires, and how you gained your information. BTW--I feel the same way you do about the romanticization of these entities, but I do have some fear for them as well.

SeaAndSky

Hi,

Most of what I "know" I got from folklore books. Like any other fan of monster movies my first exposure to them (in this life) was via Hollywood. The aristocratic "Dracula" image never sat well with me, though, and don't even get me started on "Edward".

If "Nosferatu" (the original Max Schreck version) looked a little more human, that would be how I picture a vampire. Nothing to get hearts in your eyes over and completely devoid of any conscience. Just filthy, blood-sucking vermin.

For some reason I don't have the same animosity towards werewolves or other such critters. My animosity seems reserved for vampires.

Shiftkitty said:
Like any other fan of monster movies my first exposure to them (in this life) was via Hollywood. The aristocratic "Dracula" image never sat well with me, though, and don't even get me started on "Edward".
Do you know who Forest J Ackerman was? You need to get this dvd. Amazon has it. It's mind boggling.

Knew of him, just didn't know his name. I'll have to check it out after we get this move done (California to New York!). Gonna have a lot of miles to meditate, wonder if anything will come up?

Hi Shiftkitty,

I read some of the classic texts on vampirism years back. More recently, I read a bit about it from a Western Esoteric viewpoint, which I have been studying lately. Either way, the modern presentation certainly bears no relationship to historic sources or theories regarding vampirism any more than most modern presentations of occult phenomena do. Actually, most of the horrors of yesteryear--including witches, werewolves and vampires--have been transformed into a subgenre of the tormented or misunderstood superhero by authors and Hollywood. Kids love’em all, and there are apparently lots of adolescents out there who would like to find a way to become a vampire—after all, what’s not to like? As a “modern” vampire you get immortal youth and great powers, with only a few small hang-ups (which seem to get smaller all the time)—but even Superman has to worry about Kryptonite, so who cares.

Actually, from what I can tell from a few brief mentions in classic Western esoteric sources, vampirism is presented as a way that the evil occultist tries to avoid the “second death” (dissipation of the PL personality) after physical death (or maybe after-life punishment) by staying close to the physical as an evil Astral (or Etheric?) entity and feeding off of the blood/life-force of the living. I don’t quite understand it all, but it does seem to require the usual preservation of the corpse as some kind of anchor of storage unit such that destruction of the corpse in the usual ways will help terminate the phenomenon.

There is an interesting report (with pictures) of a vampire staking here: http://www.holygrail-church.fsnet.co.uk/Vampire%20Research%20Society.htm. The whole website is interesting, though the author (Sean Manchester) is more than a bit strange (to say the least), and he’s definitely made a lot out of the “Highgate Vampire” reports, including books and appearances. (A more “unbiased” and cynical report is found on Wikipedia, or, if your taste runs to even more kooky rather than just kooky (Manchester) you can check into the accounts of a guy named Farrant on the matter). Anyhow, fodder for an afternoon when you don’t have anything better to do.

Cordially,

S&S

Reassessing childhood memories as a trigger?

Can reassessing childhood memories; complete with audio/visual content, and actual items common from childhood serve as "a trigger of sorts" to possible memories of past lives?

Can revisiting places not visited since childhood also evoke "memories of interest?"

I had quite some interests. I loved dancing, acting, drawing, reading and writing. So I was a very creative child and I still am! Just nowadays I love to crochet instead of drawing and I keep a blog & sometimes write poems or invent stories.

Also I loved going camping! It was kind of a family tradition - my dad was going fishing and he was always taking us with them.

Unfortunately I am not sure if those interests are connected to the past life but I have feeling that dancing could be.

Also I was very interested in medieval times as well as history of Egypt. But it seems that it has changed since recently I have been obsessed with World War II and Victorian times. Last thanks to the awesome documentaries by BBC. Again, am not sure if I had past lives in those periods but would not be surprised.

I was a creative kid.I loved drawing,writing..acting out stories.The part that may have been linked to the past was that I would get very attached to stories set in early 20th century England.I would watch movies set in that time and want to just become a part of that culture and it felt like home to me.I'm sure that had a link to the past!

When I was a child, I loved drawing,writing,dancing, the piano,history,crafts (weaving,exc..), theater, climbing, swimming and running. I think perhaps the 'swimming' might have something to do with the past, although I am not sure. I love the sea, it always has attracted me. When I was little, I thought that living inland was unthinkable. I could not image living away from an ocean or a sea. I would panic slightly at that thought.

The running and climbing certainly relates to past lives. When I was little, I would always run all the time (even past five). I could not be held still. I did this since I was able to walk. I loved climbing a lot, to the same extent as running. I would climb way higher than other children. I always had to be spotted :D

Back