• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Could Reincartation Explain Why Some are LGBT

In my current life I am a heterosexual man but I easily recognize men who are attracted to other men, which most heterosexuals can't do. One explanation I have for this "ability" is that I may have been one of them in a previous life. Now the same-sex attraction is definitely gone but a part of who I (probably) was has followed me in this incarnation.

Hi Marc,

If you are fairly young you have been afforded more training in this skill than us old-timers. When I was young and through the early part of my life, homosexuals* were under deep cover and blending in as best they could. I didn't think that there were any among my class-mates in high-school and was too busy in my college years to pay attention. I later recognized that several people (including some friends and acquaintances) I thought were "straight" during those years (late 60s-early 70s) were homosexuals* by hindsight, but that was because my "gaydar" was improving with age, time and experience. Plus, homosexuals* were not trying as hard to blend in. Over the years I have found it easier and easier, but it is not always an immediate perception with those who are not "open" about it and/or don't project it one way or another. Sometimes, depending on the person and circumstances it can take a while.

Consequently, I don't think that the accuracy of your perceptions or instincts in this area necessarily imply a PL as a homosexual*. You could just be enjoying enhanced sensitivity on this issue due to growing up in a different period of time. And, you may just be a fairly perceptive person. OTOH, I also can't totally disprove your hypothesis either. So, maybe yes and maybe no. However, I tend to favor simple explanations over more complex explanations unless the evidence requires. So, I'd personally stick with the idea that you live in a different era and are a fairly perceptive person.

Cordially,
S&S

PS*--I don't know what the current acceptable terminology is in this area, but I can change what I have used if someone is offended. Just let me know.

Hi Marc,

If you are fairly young you have been afforded more training in this skill than us old-timers. When I was young and through the early part of my life, homosexuals* were under deep cover and blending in as best they could. I didn't think that there were any among my class-mates in high-school and was too busy in my college years to pay attention. I later recognized that several people (including some friends and acquaintances) I thought were "straight" during those years (late 60s-early 70s) were homosexuals* by hindsight, but that was because my "gaydar" was improving with age, time and experience. Plus, homosexuals* were not trying as hard to blend in. Over the years I have found it easier and easier, but it is not always an immediate perception with those who are not "open" about it and/or don't project it one way or another. Sometimes, depending on the person and circumstances it can take a while.

Consequently, I don't think that the accuracy of your perceptions or instincts in this area necessarily imply a PL as a homosexual*. You could just be enjoying enhanced sensitivity on this issue due to growing up in a different period of time. And, you may just be a fairly perceptive person. OTOH, I also can't totally disprove your hypothesis either. So, maybe yes and maybe no. However, I tend to favor simple explanations over more complex explanations unless the evidence requires. So, I'd personally stick with the idea that you live in a different era and are a fairly perceptive person.

Cordially,
S&S

PS*--I don't know what the current acceptable terminology is in this area, but I can change what I have used if someone is offended. Just let me know.
Hi SeaAndSky,

Thanks for your interesting comment. I wish I was still a 'fairly young' person but no. I've spent more years in the 20th century than the 21st, which makes me an old-timer too :) I started recognizing men with homosexual tendencies after I realized they existed (I must have been 12-13). As you rightly said, homosexuals were largely in the closet back then, so I can't say my skill has developed as a result of 'training' facilitated by social attitudes or the media of the time. This being said, I agree that this characteristic of mine may be totally unrelated to a PL and could just be, well... a gift. What do I do with it? Nothing. I just make it a point of honor not to hurt or cause prejudice to anybody because of who they are.
So, in summary: I have an ability that most people don't have. There are also people who can easily see spirits - or their past lives - , while most people can't. Why is it so? Mystery. But those are definitely gifts. I wish you a pleasant day.

Growing up I've attracted gay men and older women. I've had men approach me when I was a teenager. And unusual intimacy with my first-fourth grade teacher(didn't realize at the time it was inappropriate). I think it had more to do with a visible naivety that attracted those with an inclination towards novelty seeking behavior than who I was in a PL. Having a bit of addictive personality myself, I recognize it in others a little easier.

I imagine God has played every role imaginable. I also think there's a lot of social engineering and mental health issues that are intentionally ignored as our institutions find new ways to profit off misery and prolong dependency on external stimulation. Like creating users, whether that's on social media or with medicine... Food has such an ability to heal, and unfortunately I see a nation plagued and motivated by greed with utter disregard towards innocence and natural law. I don't see a nation sincerely interested in getting to the root of why someone feels the way they do as much as I see people trying to profit off of drugs and therapy or put themselves in a position of authority.(I would add that there is a disconnect between the everyday person and the leaders and corporate strongholds who represent what I am seeing. The everyday person is curious to their problems but is often mislead by our systems.)

I think we sell products that numb symptoms and mutate our afflictions. I see corporations and supposed leaders radicalize our youth and use their misdirected anger as a tool to keep people agitated and confused. I also believe it gets a little more nefarious when a ruling class holds world forums discussing the problem of overpopulation and ways to control it. There are chemicals in our food and water supply that are total endocrine disruptors, which has a whole lot to do with why some people feel the way they do and that gets totally ignored. Some of those chemicals are an unintended consequence of the industrial revolution. Usually blame is put on some boogeyman that keep people fighting each other.

This is a great example of what I'm talking about...

Sorry to jump in on y'alls conversation like that. I am enjoying the read... May be slightly caffeinated. o_O Welcome to the forum! You've induced your first CP rant. Congratulations. 😝🥰

Last edited:
Back