• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

creating new conversations- for mods/admin

briski

Senior Registered
Hi all, I can receive new conversations, however i am not able to create new ones
Please can you help, it looks like i dont have a option to create

Thanks

Briski

Hey @briski

1. You go to the account of the one you want to talk to

2. You choose the option Start Conversation in their account

3. Simple as that

Just went>members search>conversation there was no start conversation unless im doing something wrong. I am a IT Engineer so usually i can work out how to do these things

It’s true that some newer accounts do not have that ‘Start A Conversation’ option, but it’s something we can fix. If anyone is reading this that cannot start a convo, only respond to them, let us know!

I'm not sure where on the screen I should be looking for the "start conversation" - would it be top, bottom, left, right, dead centre etc? At any rate I can't seem to find it.

I'm not sure where on the screen I should be looking for the "start conversation" - would it be top, bottom, left, right, dead centre etc? At any rate I can't seem to find it.
start conversation would be in top right corner when you click on conversations. If its missing you have the same issue I had

Is it related to the member status - mine reads "Senior Member", while others say "Senior Registered"?

I have another problem - I can use 'start a conversation', but I can't see anywhere to 'send' what I've written.

Cancel that - I think I've managed to send it. Sorry.
Definitely dont stop posting on your thread and only send PM's!! your story makes a great read

@briski Still an issue, unfortunately.

@everyone else

Didn't read Page 2 but everybody whose profile i click to don't have a "Start Conversation" link when i click their username and I was wondering if the mods/admins could kindly fix this for me.

Thank you.

DivineOne sorry you're having trouble. Try it now. And let me know. ~Tman

It’s true that some newer accounts do not have that ‘Start A Conversation’ option, but it’s something we can fix. If anyone is reading this that cannot start a convo, only respond to them, let us know!

Hi, I would like my profile to have the ability to start a private message but there is not an option. Thanks so much

Hi Kaye,

I just started a conversation with you. For me its (1) sign in, (2) click on the person's name, (3) click the "start a conversation" option when their profile pops up--that's all that's required. So, very simple on mine. If you're not getting that option there must be a problem. So, hopefully someone can fix that.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Chris, It looks like my choices are still static, let me try again in 15 minutes. I really appreciate this. Thanks, Kaye

Back