• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Feeling of Impending Doom

Red Night

Senior Registered
...At the risk of sounding dramatic.
I don't know if this is an appropriate topic for this forum, let alone this section, so if it isn't I apologize.

For awhile now I've had a strong feeling that something bad is going to happen. Not on a personal level, but more of global level. I don't believe in the whole end of the world 2012 stuff, but there's this energy around me that say our lives are going to be changed significantly. It's a little bit sad; sometimes I watch happy events and the thought comes into my mind that things won't be this way for long. Like I said, I don't believe the world is going to end, or even that civilization will, but I just feel like we're anticipating something BIG.
I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way, or if I'm just being paranoid?
To me it's a combination of everything happening in the world around us and just a very prominent feeling. Does anyone know what I mean?

I have had that feeling before and shared it with many people. I don't have that feeling right now, at least not strongly, but the feeling I had before said only that something "big" was going to happen and that it would happen in September. No year given. My father and three strangers at a coffee shop had that same feeling, and this was back in 1990. We all agreed that it would happen sometime between the 9th and the 12th. I don't remember which year it was, but the news reported one September about a pure white buffalo being born, and all the local Native American tribes having ceremonies for "White Buffalo Woman", a legend in these parts. My dad and I thought "Ah, that was it!" Then 2001 came along...

The only thing you can do is meditate on it and see if the cosmos gives you any further details. No matter how crazy they sound, jot them down. Discuss them with someone you feel comfortable with. The strangers in the coffee shop approached our table as I was discussing the issue with my dad. They were relieved to hear that others had the same feeling. It will be interesting to hear if you pick up any more "vibes".

Red Night said:
To me it's a combination of everything happening in the world around us and just a very prominent feeling. Does anyone know what I mean?
I don't know if you've ever heard of the global consciousness project; but if you haven't, it is a project in which one location at Princeton University monitors the progress of random number generators around the world, which seem to collectively stray away from normal ratios even before certain global events begin to happen. Such was the case in which the events of 9/11 corresponded to the largest variation ever recorded. The election of Obama was another such event. Data gathered over the past twelve years seems to indicate that there may be a field of consciousness around the world which is able to affect random number generators in ways that it shouldn't be able to according to the established dogma of conventional physics. Modern random number generators are supposed to generate ones and zeros in a ratio of 50/50. However, these random number generators seem to vary from the norm significantly in ways that correspond to local events while they do so collectively in ways that correspond to world events.

I believe that what you may be sensitive to is this same collective consciousness which is being caused largely by the worldwide media frenzy regarding the 2012 predictions. Although I'm certain that all of this is mere media hype having to do with a simple but very rare celestial alignment, current worldwide events are being reported with such intensity that the fear of global changes and disasters are on the minds of people all over the world; and this must be contributing to a general collective consciousness which sensitive people are in tune with.

I have no doubt that there will be rolling power outages during the month of February, and weather related disasters and earthquakes during the following months. I dare say that it may be inevitable that Iran will try to nuke someone during the coming year, and that it may seem like the end of the world for some people. But disasters have always been a part of life on earth. The only reason they seem so much closer to us is because of technological improvements and the fact that there are cameras and reporters everywhere ready to uplink their stories at a moment's notice.

Nightrain:

Well, like I've said, I don't really believe in 2012. I agree that's it's mostly media hype.

Also, it's not like I believe something completely life-changing in the way that things will never be normal ever again is going to happen. I certainly don't believe the world is going to end, in any case.

But I do feel like a lot of bad things are coming our way, and more than the 'normal' bad things. Shocking things, like you said things that may make people feel the world is coming to an end.

Shiftkitty:

Thanks for your story; it's very interesting! And I think I'll take your advice and meditate on it... thanks!

Red Night said:
Well, like I've said, I don't really believe in 2012. I agree that's it's mostly media hype.
Even those who don't believe in the 2012 hype might be affected by the many who do. Our consciousness is tied to the global consciousness even if the fear is unfounded.

As far back as 5 years ago, when I was still with the FD and recently (from my friends at the 9-1-1 center) is that it’s not the number of 9-1-1 calls increasing, they’re remaining steady, but the intensity and severity of the individual calls is changing!

Each shift has now routinely, at least one or two really severe traffic accidents with people trapped, trauma alerts and medevacs inbound to the scene; like one of my younger FD friends said, "But NO, you can’t have a simple call anymore, it's like World War Three out there on almost every call."

So goes it locally and also world events point to something looming and building up that will be really BIG, and like others, I don’t believe the world will end per se, just that our level of comfort will change tremendously!!!

Like my “Earth Mother” lady friend is fond of saying about the Earth: “It’s like a dog trying to shake off the fleas” meaning we, the humans are the flea infestation on the surface of the Earth and it is going to do some "Spring Cleaning" real soon.

Rather unsettling future in store for most of us! :freak:

Red Night said:
For awhile now I've had a strong feeling that something bad is going to happen. Not on a personal level, but more of global level.
Yes, I know what you mean Red Knight. I have had a very similar feeling. I feel that people are becoming more aware of the high level of corruption out there and in some way or another it will be a trigger for massive changes. I think we are seeing the beginning of this with the Occupy movement and with the precarious financial predicament in some countries.

I hope the precaution is needless but I feel it is prudent at this time to have large levels of food and cash reserves.

I feel it too.. I hope its only me though... I was feeling this lately since the first day of 2012. But I don't believe in that End of the World theory, pure codswallop.

But as you've said, something of the sort. More shocking..

I'll never forget that a friend of mine said she had that feeling of impending doom. When trying to boost her mood she insisted it was not anything related directly to her but more on a global level like you mentioned, Red Night. She said she'd never felt anything like it before. It turned out that a little bit later that day we took a ride and then on the car radio came the announcement that the Challenger had exploded. I always thought she had been affected by some field of consciousness as Night Train described.

I can't say I have a feeling of doom ahead but maybe a sense of worry over the possibility that we may experience a war on our soil in the United States.

Red Night said:
For awhile now I've had a strong feeling that something bad is going to happen. Not on a personal level, but more of global level.
I've had that feeling on a personal level at different times over the years, as well as in a broader sense recently.

I've thought of it as just being really open and aware of what's going on, picking up on the 'clues' even at a subconscious level. Sort of like when you meet someone or are in a situation where "something" (even if you cannot identify it) just seems off and triggers your radar and you're more alert. I think it's similar.

Originally Posted by Red Night
I'm not in anyway psychic nor do I consider myself a sensitive, but I've felt very unsettled for a while now, and I think I know how you feel.

There is no energy in the world anymore. It feels lower and lower as time goes on. People are more self absorbed than ever before and it just seems that there are no real connections anymore. I think with all the corporate greed, the corruption of people in positions of power, all the scandals that come out in increasing numbers now, well it just seems to add to the already negative energy that is all around us now.

I think life as we know it or have known it in two or three decades past, is going and in it's place is something that will not benefit the human race in the long run. It's almost sad.

I don't know what it's about, or where we're going, but I feel sad for the future

Wow, reading Red Night's post sounds exactly like I felt as a child. I frequently had terrible nightmares of something major happening in the future. In one vivid dream I saw a downtown area of a major city in ruins (almost completely wiped off the map: only five buildings out of hundreds were left standing) and had a eerie feeling this would happen in the late 1990's.:eek:

I do laugh at the thousands of failed end-of-the-world predictions and I consider the Mayan 2012 thing utter nonsense but still have the feeling that something catastropic is going to happen because the pressure has been building for so long. Hopefully I'm wrong but I have to admit I have an extremely low opinion of humanity at this time. For example, just an hour ago today two drivers went out fo their way to intentionally cut me off and almost forced me off the road and that didn't bother me so much as the fact they both did it with a blank expression like I was completely invisible and they kept going like nothing happened.

Like I said Mr Mike, people are so self absorbed they fail to notice other people driving in front, behind or around them.

starchild said:
I'm not in anyway psychic nor do I consider myself a sensitive, but I've felt very unsettled for a while now, and I think I know how you feel.
There is no energy in the world anymore. It feels lower and lower as time goes on. People are more self absorbed than ever before and it just seems that there are no real connections anymore. I think with all the corporate greed, the corruption of people in positions of power, all the scandals that come out in increasing numbers now, well it just seems to add to the already negative energy that is all around us now.

I think life as we know it or have known it in two or three decades past, is going and in it's place is something that will not benefit the human race in the long run. It's almost sad.

I don't know what it's about, or where we're going, but I feel sad for the future
That's exactly how I feel. Thanks for saying it for me!

Not to be a psychic naysayer, but i agree with Nightrain in that the media with their round the clock, always on reporting does tend to create hysteria and mental disturbances.

I first experienced it with 9/11 and then later in 2004 (I think) as several hurricanes crisscrossed Florida. During those time periods I had nightmares, depression and what could have easily been described as war flash backs or PTS.

Since then I've forced myself off of TV and cable news. I only read my news online, once a day and I stay out of the comment sections. That way I'm in control of what I see and when I see it, without the input of talking heads or anonymous commenters.

I've found since I've done that, my anxiety levels have dropped several along with this feeling of doom some of you are describing. It's also interesting to note that in spite of the media's over reporting, crime in general has been in a decline for the last decade.

Totoro said:
I've found since I've done that, my anxiety levels have dropped several along with this feeling of doom some of you are describing.
Although I have a strong feeling something is going to happen in the near future I also feel that long term it will not necessarily be a bad thing as there is so much behind the scenes corruption in this world. When we come out the other end I am hopeful we will have a much better world than we do now. The transition may not be pleasant but I am prepared to weather the storm for a better life for all when it is over.

I completely agree that I think the media plays a huge role in making us think doom is ever so near. They're constantly on the look-out for a story that will give them more viewers than the competing channel. Even in a tiny (compared to the US) country like Denmark. Recently the media warned us that 'the storm of the century' was on its way and they lined up all the various scenarios of doom that this storm could cause. When the storm hit they put reporters at the seaside, who were almost tumbling in the waves, they interviewed worried fishermen and people with gardensheds. And the storm passed. No ships had sunk, no people had died, not even a tree had fallen. Then they spend the following night questioning meteorologists on why nothing happened! They almost seemed sad. The media loves a bit of scandal, tragedy and horror. Tsk tsk.

The thing is - from my perspective - that the more people are made to believe that doom is near, the more willing they are to be controlled either by media or the governments and that to some extend all of this has taken a turn towards totalitarism. I think - if anything - our freedom and democracy is under threat. Not from the outside, but from the inside. From ourselves. As long as we keep believing that the only threat again Western civilization comes from the outside, we are willing to accepts laws, rules and attitudes within our own society that are destructive to the values that we think we're fighting for.

*stepping of soapbox* Just my own humble opinion : angel

Sunniva said:
...the more people are made to believe that doom is near, the more willing they are to be controlled either by media or the governments and that to some extend all of this has taken a turn towards totalitarism.
Well said!

Ik kon niet hebben gezegd het beter! :thumbsup:

Sunniva & Nightrain- Great minds think alike, I tell ya!

Red Night[/i]- Have you gotten anything more than a general feeling? (In my own example, I and several others had a date range.) Have you meditated on this?

Not from the outside, but from the inside. From ourselves. As long as we keep believing that the only threat again Western civilization comes from the outside, we are willing to accepts laws, rules and attitudes within our own society that are destructive to the values that we think we're fighting for.
I just want to point out an example of that as I find it interesting that more people are concerned about something vague, distant and intangible than something they can control with their own behavior.

Apple's arrogant and recent admission about using near slave labor in China and the removal of US jobs has provoked little if any response from their user base, many of them who claim to be champions of human rights, PETA activists, musicians and artists. It's dumbfounding that the same blogs and sites I read that have articles such as making low cost wheel chairs for people injured by landmines in Afghanistan, have absolutely nothing to say about this. To think, the collective power they would have if they decided to take a stand and put down their Apple products.

But they won't. Because that would mean they would have to change and experience a discomfort, no matter how great irony; and that's exactly what's being used against us. Our government in the US is setup so that it can be changed by the people it governs. But we won't because it's too much work. Even this 99% occupy movement is a sham. It's like a living version of facebook. Talking about something isn't the same as doing. Thought is worthless without action. But somehow, we're content with simple validation. The 99% have gotten their thumbs up and that's all they care about :(

Anyway, to keep this on topic, that's not to say that there isn't a feeling of stress or despair out there and that those feelings aren't legitimate. I certainly hope though that this collective feeling of a loss of control will help swing the pendulum the other way to a more prosperous and mutually beneficial society.

Nightrain said:
Well said!
Ik kon niet hebben gezegd het beter! :thumbsup:
That's Dutch, not Danish, just to let you know Nightrain.

To Shiftkitty,

No, I have not meditated on it. I don't really want to say when it's going to come, but part of me feels like it's coming soon. Possibly within the next month. I really don't know....

Thank you to everyone for their responses. And yes, I agree with the whole bad energy thing contributing to my feeling this way.

I'm glad this subject was brought up because I've been feeling as if something is terribly wrong with this world we're living in. I don't feel it has anything do with this whole 2012 end of the world paranoia that's going around because I personally don't believe that the world is going to end in some world-wide catastrophic event(s) in December. I can't explain what it is and I don't know if it's going to be natural or human-related but I'm feeling very uneasy at the moment.

The last time I felt like this was about a month before the Japan earthquake/tsunami disaster of 2011. I sensed that a friend of mine (who lives in Tokyo) was in great danger. Aside from those feelings, I had a vision where I saw red crosses floating across his face.

After the disaster, I found out, much to my relief, that he was safe and well in Tokyo. Someone later suggested that maybe those crosses were signs that he was going to be okay.

A couple of years ago, I had a very strange dream. In that dream, I saw the shadowy silhouettes of thousands of soldiers marching in formation. Behind them, the sky was burning red, black and orange. I couldn't tell what country they were from. And a deep booming voice saying, "A silent army marches, unbeknownst to the world."

This dream was so disturbing that I remembered every detail upon waking up. One night, I asked my guides, through meditation, to tell or show me what this dream meant. I was taken to a huge white room that had hundreds of maps lined up in a row and 2 huge globes in the middle of the room. I asked what country these soldiers were from and my guide spun one of the globes and stopped it at China. I asked for more clarification but they wouldn't tell or show me any more. I wasn't supposed to know anymore than what was shown to me.

I am feeling very uneasy about the Pacific Northwest. With all the earthquakes ping-ponging around the Pacific Ring of Fire, the only place left now is North America. Some stress relief on the fault lines is due.

The night before 9/11 my friend could not get her daughter to sleep. She kept freaking out saying something bad was gonna happen and this time it would happen here. She was really scared.

The next morning Flight 93 flew right over our homes and crashed not too far from where we lived.

:eek: Fuh-reaky!

Speaking of predictions, does anyone remember Jean Dixon? Is she still alive? I keep meaning to look up her record of hits and misses.

I did obtain a wealth of information by driving my oldest daughter around. It jogged her memory and made for some very memorable treks.

Enjoy your journey of discovery ...

Shiftkitty said:
Speaking of predictions, does anyone remember Jean Dixon? Is she still alive? I keep meaning to look up her record of hits and misses.
I read that she passed away in 1997.

Last night I had a really strange dream, I won't describe all of it, but I'll get to the main point.

I was outside with a family friend and there were two full, white, very large, identical moons hanging in a blue, daytime sky. For some reason we knew this was 'Armageddon', but something was strange about the second moon (to the lower right of the other one) and it began to shift to (this part is a bit vague) disappear and became a bright star and then shifted more in a very beautiful way, like a white aurora, and turned into the shape of what looked like a square kite, but was still this brilliant white and, in my mind, I knew this to be a UFO.

I realize this is all kind 'out there', but it seemed somewhat symbolic and I thought I'd share.

Later in the dream I was trying to figure out whether or not I was dreaming; I was almost sure that I wasn't but I think I woke up and then fell back asleep. I didn't even remember the dream until just a little while ago.

This was from 2002 but I thought it might add in a positive way...

William Buhlman sent this in 2003. I found it interesting.

I am currently writing a new book tentatively named The Art of Awareness. The primary focus of the book will be on practical ways for us to expand and enhance our perception and consciously connect with our spiritual essence. The new book will explore the natural energy laws that shape and mold our lives and how our awareness of these principles can dramatically enhance our lives. The following is a brief example.
Individuals who have out-of-body experiences often talk about seeing other realities beyond our physical vision. It is not uncommon for them to report observing the formation of raw energy into various forms. These subtle energy forms are molded by our thoughts and emotions. Many believe that these thought forms are actually the early energy stages of creation before they manifest as physical reality.

In other words all physical forms start as a thought and assume shape and solidity within the unseen inner dimensions of the universe. These subtle thought forms grow in density and detail as we direct and focus our repeated thought energy upon them. Every focused idea whether it is a house, a car or a relationship slowly grows and has the potential to become form. When we hold a clear idea or image in our mind we essentially create a stable energy mold and doorway into the outer world of matter. Our repeated thought energy reinforces and builds the subtle substructure for the specific energy object, condition or relationship so it can potentially appear in matter. This is the basic energy essence of creation, the mechanics and manifestation of form.

The vast majority of humanity remains unaware of this and other basic energy principles that create our personal reality. Based on out-of-body experiences we know that the universe, seen and unseen, is an immense multidimensional hologram of energies that is constantly interacting with thought. In many ways the universe around us acts like a mirror that accurately reflects our thoughts. Each of us is like a powerful T.V. broadcasting station sending our many thought signals into the universe. When you consciously or unconsciously project the thought energies of “give me” and “I need” into the universe the universe automatically responds back to you with the same message, “Give me” and “I need from you”.

When you change your mental and emotional projections to “How can I give?” and “how can I serve?” a fundamental and radical shift in energy occurs and the universe automatically responds back to you, “ What can I give to you?” “How can I serve you?” The magnificent multidimensional hologram of energy we call life is always ready and able to respond to your thoughts. In fact it has always responded to your personal thoughts, but it is you that must learn how to control and focus your own projections of energy. Until you do you will exist in a state of constant need for you are always reaping the thoughts you sow. The energy dynamic is clear, change your thoughts and changes will manifest in your life. Good, bad or indifferent what you think about and dwell upon expands around you.

Closely monitor your thoughts for one day and you may be shocked by the content. Examine both the content and the tone of your thoughts periodically through the day. Keep in mind it is estimated that we create a staggering 60,000 thoughts a day. Now take a moment and ask yourself some important questions, what message or messages are you sending out into the universe?

Are your thoughts predominately focused on your personal needs, desires, or perceived lack? Is the dominant theme and tone of your thoughts about your need for more money, more things, greater self-gratification, better relationships or your health issues or are you thinking about how you can assist or give of yourself to others? For one full day do an experiment where you send loving, helpful, and supportive thoughts to every single person you meet. See if you can feel the difference in your self.

Your life today is the direct result of your thought energy. Remember, the universe, like the sun, shines it’s light and abundance equally upon all of us, but it is up to us to awaken and open to the radiant inner light. Your thoughts are the key. Every time you look into a mirror examine your thoughts. From this moment be aware and select your thoughts with care.

All my best,

William Buhlman

Visit: http://www.astralinfo.org/

Back