• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Grandson and the "cupboard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found someone who may be able to help. They listened to the web page with Kade's pronunciation of Kaleval. Here is part of the email. I thought I would share it as it does have a couple of ideas which may be of importance. He will email when he is back from lecturing.

"He will email you when he is back from his travels. In the meantime, it may be helpful if you write out the things you hear Kade saying, being careful not to prompt him to talk about these things. Spontaneous, unsolicited statements are usually the most revealing and most helpful. When you do write things down, it is often interesting to note what was happening in the environment just before the child began to utter past life statements.It is also interesting to note his mood while talking about "his other life.""

I never thought about noting his mood. This may help someone else on the forum also.

Kade came up with a new word which we are totally lost it sounds like
malengo-malaingo. You make it-how I don't know.
 
Hi Kitn, :)
How is little Kade doing?
I read in your last post that he came up with a new word...
Does it make any sense to you now?
What about the person that was going to help you?
Please, let us know... ;)
 
Thank you for asking how things are going. There really is not much new here. Kade is still insisting on going to Kallevall. Today we went to Jackson to get new doors. He was sitting quietly in the back seat safely in his car seat. All of a sudden he said "It is fun in the snow." His mother asked him what he would do in the snow. We don't get snow here except maybe one day a year and by noon the next day it is gone. He said "we could make a snowman." He may have seen a snowman on television. Then he said some weird workd like "daejavaha snow." His mother and I looked at each other and asked him to repeat it and he said the same thing. We asked nothing further. We got to a stop sign and he said he wanted to go to Kallevall. We told him we don't know where to find Kallevall and he said we had to look all over to find it. We really need an expert with children who can learn more from him without leading or coaxing an answer. I am still waiting for Dr. Tucker to contact me. I still think Kallevall is a place with mountains, snow, cold and a river. However, I have no idea where to look anymore.

We live in a very small southern town. There is a man from India who runs a gas station here. I am tempted to take Kade there and ask him to pronounce Kallevall. Maybe he could help. Is this a good idea?

I have three words now that he should not know-Kalleval-Malingo?-daejaha. If I could spell them correctly I might find some clue.
 
Man in the sky

After I posted the last message I was sitting here when I thought of something Kade said over a year ago. This boy has been talking since he was 14 months old; 3 and 4 word sentences. One day his mother was watching him as he looked out the dining room picture window. He turned to her and said there was a man in the sky. His mother looked out and saw nothing. He insisted there was a man in the sky. It was dusk and his mother said no that is the moon coming out, you mean the man in the moon? He said "not the moon-over there" she looked and saw nothing. She then thought maybe he was looking at clouds and he said no. He said the man in the sky was smiling at him and waving. He waved back. His mom told me about it the next day and said "mom I've got a weird kid." We laughed about it. Just thought I would share that moment.
 
Kitn,

I'm sorry I don't know how to help you and Kade further, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm very interested in little Kade's "case" and am always looking forward to hearing how you are.

I don't see why you couldn't take Kade to this Indian man and ask him to pronounce the "weird" words to him.

Karoliina
 
Puff's tissue commercial

I now know Kalevall is a place! Kade and I were sitting on the sofa playing action figures. The television was on but I was not paying attention to it. A commercial came on and Kade said "that is Kaleval!" it was a Puff's tissue commercial. I just caught the last few seconds, but he must have seen the whole thing. The screen was hills on both sides with evergreen trees covered with snow. Snow was everywhere. I believe I saw cartoon characters between the hills' almost like a valley; maybe sledding. Then the tissue box came up on one corner and it was over. I am going to watch for it again. Now where in the world is Kalevall?
 
Hmmm, that's interesting...
I am gonna have to watch this commercial with my "detective eyes" whenever it is on...
I will post my comments later... :rolleyes:
 
Hi Kitn,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with your grandson, it´s very fascinating to follow! I think your drive to research and find out is admirable.

Around the age of two my own daughter showed signs
of possibly having lived an indian life (Also my wife had a vivid dream, while she was expecting, of going to India to "negotiate" with the family of a dying old man, that it was o.k. for her to "take him on").

I couldn´t help googleing "malingo"... turns out there´s a Nepalese connection there, too... Apparently it´s a kind of a bamboo growing in Nepal and the Himalayas.. hardly a coincidence. (Nothing you make as such,then, but maybe something used (the shoots) in making a certain dish... or just to cultivate in your garden.)

P.S Did you click "images" for "kali valley" at Google?
 
It's funny, Shield, I just googled the same things (malingo and Kali Valley pictures) earlier today but didn't have time to post about them! (BTW trevligt att träffas!)

I think you, Kitn, should show Kade some pictures of Kali Valley or at least the Himalaya and Nepal, because you have so many clues pointing to that region.

Karoliina
 
Kalevale Village

I have googled so much my eyes hurt, lol. Yes I found pictures of the Himalayan Mountains and the Kali Valley. I showed them to him but he just said they were mountains. I am still searching.

I found a place called Kalevale Village which is in Aloha, Oregon.
It has snow from October to May. Population in 2000 was 41,000. Elevation is 214.
There are mines there. It is west of Beaverton which is just to the west
of Portland, Oregon. There is skiing so there must be hills.

FESTIVALS
Feb- tour stables/main house jenkins estate featuring: Chocolatiers, bakeries, gift items, wine tasting, culinary demonstrations, live entertainment and door prizes (sounds like "goodies" to me)

Hoodoo Ski Area's Winter Carnival
Celebrate winter and all the recreational opportunities that come with the season. Snow sculptures, torchlight decent, kids games, annual dummy downhill and fireworks spectacular are the highlights to this annual event.

They also have a festival which carries the name Elephant. But I lost the page while searching.

The things that I cannot match is the way he pronounces Kaleval. I don't know how they would pronounce Kalevale Village. Also puzzling in Malingo and that other word he said the other day.

If you catch the commercial before I do please let me know what you think. It probably is just the snow, trees and hills that caught his attention.

I do appreciate all the help you all have been. Thank you
 
Hello Kitn. I have just been reading about your grandson. I live in northern Minnesota in small town by the name of Virginia. Kalevala is a very familiar term. It is Finnish and we have a historic group here called the Ladies of Kalevala and they have Kalevala Hall. A couple of times a year they have celebrations. We use the term "goodies" all the time... even the public schools use that term. It's "goodies" or "coffee an" to mean coffee and bars or cookies. There are mines here and of course we have snow.
 
Do you think there's any chance we could find out where the Puff's tissue commercial was filmed. It does seem more likely for the commercial to be filmed in Northern Minnesota, than for it to be filmed in Nepal. Also, Kade did mention something about going to a 'hall', so this would fit, too. Do you guys say 'cupboard' in Northern Minnesota? Would you, by any chance, happen to know what 'daejavaha' and 'malingo' are?
 
He Is Finnish

Finally, I know he was Finnish. The last few days I have found that he was "Tod" and he was killed. He also told his mother that he does not want to be Tod anymore and asked if she was going to leave him too. She said she would never leave him and that he is Kade now and is her little boy. I do not know but am guessing that his sister's name was Emmy. We were playing "yellow ducky" (puppet). He has always talked to puppets as if they were real people and he loves ducks.

He blurted out "your Emmy" and I said no I was Mr Ducky. He said "no your Emmy remember I was making you a doll and I was killed." I asked what were you making the doll out of and he replied "I was making a wood doll." Then he said "remember me I'm Tod (pointing to his chest) and I died." He was excited. Then he got sad and asked if I would take him to feed ducks. I am going to ask him mama to take him today to the little lake and feed ducks with him.

He also came out with a word yesterday morning. He likes to pretend cook and got out a pan and lots of kitchen utensils. His mom was sitting in the chair and he and I were on the couch. He picked up a utensil and said this is
koje. I was not paying too much attention but his mother heard him and asked him what did he say. He said koje. I found a Finnish to English dictionary and it does fit. It states koje apparatus, device, set, means, tool.

Trixie, thank you for the information. I did find that in upper Michigan and wondered about it. Is there any way you can let me know if there was a mother shot while a child was hidden in the cupboard in that area. Or maybe a list of names in cemeteries. His mama told me one time he said his mother's name was Sein or sounds like scene. She also said he could have just said that word.

I have not seen the commercial since that one day. I will keep looking. I will try to find out where it was filmed. Good idea thank you.

He told his mother that he did not want to grow up because his other mother had to make a choice and she did not chose him. A 3 years-old child should not even make a statement like that.

It does seem that he is remembering more. His words tend to make me think that he knows another language. It could be that it was spoken in the home.

My daughter said remembering things like that may do damage to her son. I told her he is the one bringing these things up, not us, so it is something that is bothering him. Does anyone think that remembering a past life could be damaging to a child. No way would I want him worrying, sad or confused. He normally is a very happy, active child; all boy!

We keep reassuring him that he is well loved and we would not trade him for anything. I wish I knew what happened to Tod.
 
HI Kitn,

Please rest assured - that your grandson's memories will not hurt him. Remember, he is the one remembering. In my opinion, suppressing the memories that a child has does more harm than good. Have you read Carol Bowman's first book Children's Past Lives?

In it are many stories that tell how parents have helped their children through very difficult emotional traumas based on a past life. Many of these children are now happy, healthy and successful in life. There is an important section I think your daughter needs to read. It is about Triggers, and the psychic connection between mother and child. Could it be that your daughter is afraid of his memories because of the connection between what happened to your other daughter Casey? The fact that Casey too had such clear recall is extraordinary - in one family. It might even be an unconscious fear for your grandson's mother; But I understand now - why you are so keen on paying attention to your grandsons memories. (((((((((((kitn))))))))) I am sorry you lost Casey at such a young age.

Do you see any emotional parallels between what he is saying happened then, and something that has happened or is happening in his life now? When the memories first started, was there a trigger? I know the first post talks about leaves - and his other mother. I imagine the leaves change drastically in October where you live. Is there anything else that comes to mind?

I also want to say - I admire your courage, and your willingness to embrace the unknown with an open mind and an open heart.
 
I am glad to see that you are finally getting some answers! :)
I agree with Deborah. I don't think Kade's memories are going to hurt him. It will probably help him heal and realize that he has a different family now and everybody loves him.
Thanks for sharing your story with us, Kitn!
 
I think what first triggered this was the book. He has never been interested in books. That day he was and that is when he brought up about his other mother pressing leaves. It grew from there.

Today he brought up Kaleval again. This is what his mother found on line as far as pronunciation.


Kalevala. Kulevulu. Kah-leh-vah-luh. Soft accent on first syllable.

There are different Finnish dialects.

Now to find the boy Tod. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a boy named Tod who lived a life similiar to what my grandson is talking about? Where to search? I tried the death index but you need a last name.

I am wondering if Sein or sounds like scene-could be a last name?
 
Hi Kitn,
i think the memories are cathartic. The night after my son first spoke of his past life he slept for the whole night through for 6 nights in a row. This had never happened in his entire life. His behavior changed, he started listening better. There are many other cases of children resolving intense fears after first speaking of their past lives.
Incidentally, the trigger for him was meeting a boy in his kindergarten class, that he told me was in this last lifetime in Africa with him.
I'm glad you finally found some answers. Are there any Finnish/American groups in the U.S the you can contact?
Vicky
 
Finnish sliding festival or Laskienen/Laskiainen

I wondered if this might be of interest - it is an extract from http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/199706/10_losurem_finnpoor/

"EVERY YEAR ON THE first weekend of February, hundreds of people come to Palo, a remote northeast Minnesota community so tiny it's nothing but a former school building in a clearing in the forest. Kids ride plastic sleds down a hill and out onto the frozen lake. Others ride a traditional Finnish wooden sled whipped round and round at the end of a long pole.

This is the Finnish sliding festival or Laskienen. Inside the old gymnasium, a crowd listens to the Finnish national anthem. People put their hands on their hearts. The oldest ones know the words.

These are typical middle-class Minnesotans, with cars and pickups and snowmobiles waiting outside in the parking lot. Their Finnish immigrant ancestors were landless peasants, unskilled laborers, or impoverished tenant farmers"

Being from England I would always call a gymnasium a Hall (any large, open, room could be described as a Hall) - and this fits in with the idea of the festival being both inside and outside.

Laskienen is the Shrove Tuesday celebration - which would also fit in with the idea of eating 'goodies'.

"In Finland, Shrove Tuesday or Laskiainen is a time for outdoor parties. Everybody lends a hand to build a toboggan slide, and children as well as adults take part in the fun. Lanterns and candles are hung in surrounding trees and afterwards everybody comes back into the house for pea soup and almond-filled Lenten buns for dessert."

I also thought that perhaps the leaves that were collected in Autumn to 'save for later' could have been stored over the winter and used in some kind of traditional recipe when it was time for Laskiainen.
 
Hello Kitn,

To help you with some Finnish-related words and things:

- You're right, "koje" is a word and means "device". However it's pronounced more like "koye", the same way for example the name "Sonya" is written in Finnish "Sonja" but pronounced the same way.

- Sein or Siin (the way we would write the pronounciation of scene) is not a Finnish fore- or surname.

- Laskiainen is celebrated here and was especially in older times. It's mostly about spending the day outdoors, riding down the hills (it's winter and lots of snow then) and eating afterwards. But there must be different ways to celebrate this, especially in immigrant communities outside Finland.

- The Kalevala Day or the Day of the Finnish Culture is also in February and it could've been celebrated in the same way in immigrant communities. But apparently Kalevala to him means a place.

- Like I said earlier, he doesn't pronounce Kalevala the way a native Finnish-speaker would, but it could be he doesn't remember it correctly or was not first generation immigrant and couldn't really speak Finnish properly.

- I don't think he's lived in Finland, because we don't have any mountains here. Hills yes, but if he's remembering real mountains, then it couldn't be Finland.

- I don't think Finnish people have ever stored leaves for food, so I think he has used the leaves for crafts and decoration.

I hope this helps. Please share if you find out more about this. It's very exciting for me that he was Finnish (heritage)! This is such a small country and our language is so exotic you hardly ever cross paths with people with links to Finland/Finnish - in this or past lives. :)

Karoliina
 
cupboards

JUST A THOUGHT. The Upper Penninsula of Michigan is populated with Finnish and Cornish descedants of mine workers who emigrated there to work the mines.

btw, we say cupboard in michigan a lot...as well as cabinet.
 
being from lower Mi, I always thought of the land up in the UP (upper peninsula) as being rather mountain like.

Has anyone tried searching the census records on ancestry?
 
Thanks all for the input any suggestions or ideas are welcomed as I am getting over googled. I will check out all links.

For some reason when my computer power shuts off I lose my favorites and cannot find things I have visited and saved. I emailed aol, I hope they tell me how to fix this problem. It sure saves time.

Yesterday my grandson asked his mother about Casey when he was getting ready to sleep. She told him she was almost grown and could drive a car went dancing and a few things about her. He then said he was small and went to Heaven because he died the other time. He said he has a sister in Heaven. He said he did not grow up because they did not give him a chance and they shot and killed him. His mother reassured him that he is going to grow up now.

He also said today "you can't till leaves that crumble." Where would the word till come from? We are in the south, but we are not farmers nor have farming equipment.

Also he describeds a malingo as something of wood. He shows this by piling pillows in a stack and then he says you sew it. My daughter is thinking it is some kind of burial ritual. When he does this, he says "bury me." The last week he is always wanting to be buried. I don't think this is healthy for him to play like this. He says "bury me I'm dead." I told him I do not want to bury him because I love him too much and he said "it's okay, we're just pretending."

I try to put pieces together to form some kind of event. Maybe he was hiding in the cupboard when his mom was shot, the man took him out of the cupboard into a "hall". It may be he was killed in the hall and possibly his sister.

But then I wonder why he would think we could find his other mother. Unless because he knows he is here he thinks she is here too. He asked his mom yesterday "how did you catch me here?" His mom said "what do you mean catch you here, you mean how did I get you?" He shook his head yes. I believe he is trying to piece together how he was one boy and now another. His mother told him "because you are my little boy now and I love you and you have a Daddy and brothers and nephew and a Grammy who all love you." He was satisfied with that answer.

I know he is only three and has a limited vocabulary. Maybe as his vocabulary expands he can tell us more clearly the things going on in his mind. He is an advanced talker now and uses words like ingredients, instruction, construction and quickly. Those are words most his age do not use in every day communication.

The next time he mentions being shot I told my daughter maybe we should ask "you were, who did this to you."

Would that be a good ideal or should we just let him tell us. He did say while riding in the car the other day "I'm remembering, I'm remembering." He is a thinker for 3 years-old.
 
I think that would be a good idea to ask him who shot him, if he brings up being shot again. It sounds like he's trying to work through it and understand it, and that's a good thing. Once he has worked through it and understands it, he'll be able to move on and fully adjust to his life now. :)

If you havn't checked out Carol Bowman's books yet, you may want to and have your daughter read them. She gives a lot of good advice on handling these situations. :)
 
"The last week he is always wanting to be buried. I don't think this is healthy for him to play like this."

Hi Kitn, just to say I personally wouldn´t think there´s anything to worry about there. Probably just a perfectly normal way for a little kid to process this big thing, by play-acting it out. Very good, and moving, too, how he´s reassuring you about this himself: "it's okay, we're just pretending."
(Which is not to say this couldn´t be a little scary to hear for yourself)

"He did say while riding in the car the other day "I'm remembering, I'm remembering." Talk about moving:) .

(BTW Karoliina, moi, moi and kiitos-nice meeting you, too!)
 
Hello all. We do use the term "cupboard" here in Northern Minnesota. A pantry is more of a small closet; a hutch is free standing; a cabinet is usually in the bathroom. The leaves too is a craft thing we did in elementary school. If is a little Finn he will know what a sauna is!

Kitn, here are a few links you can check out.
http://www.ironrangeresearchcenter.org/

For every Kalevala Township ("land of heroes" to its Finnish settlers)
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/index.html

http://www.genealogia.fi/emi/art/article163e.htm#Alku
http://www.ihrc.umn.edu/collage/fas/exhibits/finnfest2002.htm
 
I will look today for any unusual spots. I know on the back of his neck he has a red spot. But a few of my family has also had that when they were little. It just looks like a pale red birthmark.

Dove, what is Cornish?

I did find millingo peration online which I think is milling operation. When I tried going to the site it did not come up. So I do not know what it means.

I would love to know about Heaven. I want to ask him about Casey and if he saw her or knew her. However, I know better than to lead him. Also, he would not have asked about her getting big if he had communicated with her.

I have even searched in Find A Grave and found nothing. I also search for Theodore. Is there any other name which one would shorten to Todd?
 
'Cornish' refers to someone from the county of Cornwall in the south west of England. Cornwall had lots of tin mines at one time.

I've been following Kade's story closely and I think you're dealing with it really well. I hope we can all help you get to the bottom of Kade's memories and, in doing so help him lay them to rest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top