• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Hearing sound in memories?

About your memory: gladiators? lions and other beasts? what kind of death? what feeling do you have if you watch movie like "the gladiator" or other peplum movies focused into ancient rome? you should try, maybe you will get some deja vu.
about the noise of the ocean, if into some of your past lives you was a sailor or one of the slaves that
they rowed in the galleys to the rhythm of drums, well ... little but sure that the sound of the ocean will be annoying to you. : \ just as I can't stand heat, fire and intense sunlight.

I wasn't a gladiator I don't think, just some poor schmuck Rome wanted to get rid of. I'm not proud of stealing like I did, but I'm adamant I didn't deserve to die for it. A lot of the people killed in the colosseum weren't really gladiators, but ordinary citizens. Criminals, slaves who weren't useful anymore, prisoners, etc. Only people with a lot of potential were trained to be gladiators because it cost so much to train and house them. A lot of them were prisoners or slaves themselves once. It could be pretty lucrative, but you had to prove your worth.

I was cut up with a sword. The other guy almost lobbed my right hand clean off. I currently have small red dots on my hands and arms almost like tiny puncture wounds. It's not a dermatology thing that I can find. They don't bother me at all, at least physically, but they are a reminder.

Movies like that kind of stress me out too. Looking at videos of the colosseum makes me want to jump out of my skin. As for the water, I'm almost sure I drowned in a giant wave at some point. I've had reoccurring nightmares about it for years and a bit of hydrophobia.

So what exactly does all of this mean? Does it mean that there is uncertainty regarding what and how much is real vs fake? If you have any experiences with this I would really appreciate it if you shared them.

Another question is what are some signs of a bad therapist?

Hi Melon,

The short answer is: My evaluation of the scientific studies and anecdotal evidence related to Reincarnation and NDEs has led me to the conclusion that these are substantially verified and "real"; however, my evaluation of my own sketchy "memories" is that they are more likely than not real, but that I can't be absolutely sure. Now, aren't you glad that you didn't get the long answer! ;) So, yes, I do have uncertainty in terms of my own memories, especially as I assign them to a particular time, place and person.

For example, I have a very strong sense that I was a female associated with Helena Blavatsky, and some sketchy "memories" and impressions that seem to go along with that. I also have a very strong reaction to the full-on photo of her niece, Vera Johnston. When I look into her eyes, I see myself. It is a bit like looking into a mirror. This is personal and can only be "real" to me. So, is this imagination or not? Would any of this be accepted in court? No, but it has substantial weight to me personally. So, is my sense or recognition real or fake? I can't confirm it by "objective" evidence, it is subjectively experienced. And, as an objective person, I have to admit that it wouldn't be proof to anyone but me. o_O

I also have sketchy memories and impressions that seem to go along with a short life as a female that ended violently. Seemingly by being bayoneted to death by a soldier dressed in heavy garb. Putting together the various impressions and glimpses, they seem to best fit a lifetime that was ended by a Russian soldier in the ruins of a German city near the end of WWII, possibly during the takeover of Berlin. Do I have objective proof? No, but I did have strong emotional responses to what happened and a sense of identification with the person killed. Is this enough? No, but as with the other set of "memories" it had a strong subjective impact on me.

Finally, both of these sets of "memories" have helped me to understand things about myself that I didn't understand before. Is this proof that would stand up to rigorous analysis? No. But once again, it is meaningful to me. So, as noted, I do believe in reincarnation. And, I'm pretty sure I had a Victorian lifetime as a female and another short lifetime as a female that ended violently via a stab to the chest. I am less sure about the other particulars outlined above, though they fit with the few details that I have. In sum I think I would say that there are various levels of assurance. Assurance is personal and subjective most of the time, not objective. It cannot usually be verified and proved to anyone but the one experiencing it. Also, not everything I think or believe about these putative lifetimes is at the same level, nor does it need to be. Some things I feel more sure about than others. :cool:

Cordially,
S&S

PS--In terms of therapists, I tend to think more in terms of those who are professionally trained = psychotherapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists. So, I'm a bit of a degree snob. However, I also believe that proven abilities and experience can make up for the lack of a formal advanced degree and exceed it. On that, it is mostly a matter of reputation. But, to make it easier, I think the board has a list of references. And, if one of these is not close to you, they might be able to recommend someone who is.

Last edited:
Hi Melon,

The short answer is: My evaluation of the scientific studies and anecdotal evidence related to Reincarnation and NDEs has led me to the conclusion that these are substantially verified and "real"; however, my evaluation of my own sketchy "memories" is that they are more likely than not real, but that I can't be absolutely sure. Now, aren't you glad that you didn't get the long answer! ;) So, yes, I do have uncertainty in terms of my own memories, especially as I assign them to a particular time, place and person.

For example, I have a very strong sense that I was a female associated with Helena Blavatsky, and some sketchy "memories" and impressions that seem to go along with that. I also have a very strong reaction to the full-on photo of her niece, Vera Johnston. When I look into her eyes, I see myself. It is a bit like looking into a mirror. This is personal and can only be "real" to me. So, is this imagination or not? Would any of this be accepted in court? No, but it has substantial weight to me personally. So, is my sense or recognition real or fake? I can't confirm it by "objective" evidence, it is subjectively experienced. And, as an objective person, I have to admit that it wouldn't be proof to anyone but me. o_O

I also have sketchy memories and impressions that seem to go along with a short life as a female that ended violently. Seemingly by being bayoneted to death by a soldier dressed in heavy garb. Putting together the various impressions and glimpses, they seem to best fit a lifetime that was ended by a Russian soldier in the ruins of a German city near the end of WWII, possibly during the takeover of Berlin. Do I have objective proof? No, but I did have strong emotional responses to what happened and a sense of identification with the person killed. Is this enough? No, but as with the other set of "memories" it had a strong subjective impact on me.

Finally, both of these sets of "memories" have helped me to understand things about myself that I didn't understand before. Is this proof that would stand up to rigorous analysis? No. But once again, it is meaningful to me. So, as noted, I do believe in reincarnation. And, I'm pretty sure I had a Victorian lifetime as a female and another short lifetime as a female that ended violently via a stab to the chest. I am less sure about the other particulars outlined above, though they fit with the few details that I have. In sum I think I would say that there are various levels of assurance. Assurance is personal and subjective most of the time, not objective. It cannot usually be verified and proved to anyone but the one experiencing it. Also, not everything I think or believe about these putative lifetimes is at the same level, nor does it need to be. Some things I feel more sure about than others. :cool:
Interesting. Now what do you have to say about other people's memories?

I wasn't a gladiator I don't think, just some poor schmuck Rome wanted to get rid of. I'm not proud of stealing like I did, but I'm adamant I didn't deserve to die for it. A lot of the people killed in the colosseum weren't really gladiators, but ordinary citizens. Criminals, slaves who weren't useful anymore, prisoners, etc. Only people with a lot of potential were trained to be gladiators because it cost so much to train and house them. A lot of them were prisoners or slaves themselves once. It could be pretty lucrative, but you had to prove your worth.

I was cut up with a sword. The other guy almost lobbed my right hand clean off. I currently have small red dots on my hands and arms almost like tiny puncture wounds. It's not a dermatology thing that I can find. They don't bother me at all, at least physically, but they are a reminder.

Movies like that kind of stress me out too. Looking at videos of the colosseum makes me want to jump out of my skin. As for the water, I'm almost sure I drowned in a giant wave at some point. I've had reoccurring nightmares about it for years and a bit of hydrophobia.

Well, better, i guess. gladiator's life was full of violence. :(
Yes, i understond you, i risked to drown at the age of 5 years and i have too hydrophobia. but for this current life.
Interestings the spots on your hand. a birthmark i guess.
i have a dot on my backhead, up the neck, into the same point when i remember some one hitted "me" with a stone or something, into the preistoric savannah PL.
i have also another dot into the right leg, but i not have memory about its motivations.

Interesting. Now what do you have to say about other people's memories?

Hi Melon,

In most situations, one would look at the credibility of the person and the credibility of the factual scenario reported as a first step. In terms of both, you have not only your own experience, but that of others who might be additional possible witnesses to one or both (corroborating evidence). However, on this board, it is a little bit like someone coming into the office of a supernatural investigator and reporting a ghost seen many years before on an old sailing ship that sunk without a trace somewhere on a voyage around the world. :eek: The investigator believes in ghosts, but cannot conduct an on-site investigation as the "site" in this case is not accessible. :confused:

In the ghost situation there may, however, be others who will corroborate the past existence of a ghost at this locale. However, in terms of PLs, the more people who are reporting having the same PL and/or the more historically notorious the PL is, the more doubt you may reasonably have in terms of the veracity of a particular PL report. Consequently, famous PLs (FPLs) tend to receive a lot more suspicion than those that are relatively innocuous. :rolleyes: But, reported facts are still important (to the extent they can be matched to a particular historical era/person) in terms of evaluating the truthfulness of the report. But other than that, one is thrown back on evaluations of the character of the poster and the overall perceived credibility of the report. o_O This is one place where months and years of membership on the board can really count. The more time you have to interact with someone (even in a limited situation like this forum) the more you can evaluate their character and overall trustworthiness, etc. OTOH, I have to admit to sometimes making quick judgments that I have to amend over time. :cool:

BTW--Not that it matters, but you come over fairly well in the credibility department as far as I am concerned. You haven't been on the board that long, but you come across as being very intelligent. You are not positing a particularly glamorous PL. You are suspicious of what you think you found out and generally skeptical, which is better than being overly credulous and willing to accept whatever popped up. The facts as investigated by you are fairly supportive of the putative PL. And, I think you have found that there are reasons, often personal (as with many people) why this PL resonates at some level. Strong emotions and feelings associated with the PL can be a strong indicator, but the fact that it tells you something about yourself that (perhaps) only you would know is also an indicator (at least to me). I.e., sometimes the equation can be reversed, and the rather innocuous events of a PL can serve as indicators of the source of strong emotions, trends and feelings in the current lifetime. Anyhow, that is just my quick take.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I seem to be in a emoji mood this morning. ;)

BTW--Not that it matters, but you come over fairly well in the credibility department as far as I am concerned. You haven't been on the board that long, but you come across as being very intelligent. You are not positing a particularly glamorous PL. You are suspicious of what you think you found out and generally skeptical, which is better than being overly credulous and willing to accept whatever popped up. The facts as investigated by you are fairly supportive of the putative PL. And, I think you have found that there are reasons, often personal (as with many people) why this PL resonates at some level. Strong emotions and feelings associated with the PL can be a strong indicator, but the fact that it tells you something about yourself that (perhaps) only you would know is also an indicator (at least to me). I.e., sometimes the equation can be reversed, and the rather innocuous events of a PL can serve as indicators of the source of strong emotions, trends and feelings in the current lifetime. Anyhow, that is just my quick take.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I seem to be in a emoji mood this morning. ;)
Due to the intense emotions coupled with how much sense it made, at this point there was realistically no way it was just my imagination.

I apologize if this has literally nothing to do with the current conversation since I really don't know where else to put this but here you go:

Although I still don't know the exact years of my birth and death, I believe I have pinpointed the approximate dates. Since I got the year 1645 and I looked older (I looked somewhere around the late 50s-early 60s, and my hair was grey) I would assume that I was most likely born somewhere around the 1580s-early 1590s. And that I died circa 1650, and because I remember dying some time in my 60s that means the specific year 1645 was not too long before my death.

I apologize if this has literally nothing to do with the current conversation since I really don't know where else to put this but here you go:

Although I still don't know the exact years of my birth and death, I believe I have pinpointed the approximate dates. Since I got the year 1645 and I looked older (I looked somewhere around the late 50s-early 60s, and my hair was grey) I would assume that I was most likely born somewhere around the 1580s-early 1590s. And that I died circa 1650, and because I remember dying some time in my 60s that means the specific year 1645 was not too long before my death.

pity is a lot vague. i have the hobby of astrology. sometime give some hints about PLs. or at least, in the cases like anna frank - karen, or leininger (the pilot of II world war) i found at the end the birth charts of both the 2 lives and i checked the two charts on sinastry (chart A on Chart B), for seek about some kind of spiritual flow energy between live A to live B.
into the last years i do a lot of experience about that stuff.
but for check someone PL with this tecnique i need also day and month of birth of past life, and also geographic place and same data also for current living life.
Only years is not sufficient. obvious, so, that this method can't be used for 99% of cases. :C

Is also possible to read the birth chart of someone for get informations by his own past lives, but honestly the informations are very very vague and there is not way for find previous birth dates by a birth date. an algorythm for do that should be my dream, but is impossible to do that.
so they're just indications and nothing more.

pity is a lot vague. i have the hobby of astrology. sometime give some hints about PLs. or at least, in the cases like anna frank - karen, or leininger (the pilot of II world war) i found at the end the birth charts of both the 2 lives and i checked the two charts on sinastry (chart A on Chart B), for seek about some kind of spiritual flow energy between live A to live B.
into the last years i do a lot of experience about that stuff.
but for check someone PL with this tecnique i need also day and month of birth of past life, and also geographic place and same data also for current living life.
Only years is not sufficient. obvious, so, that this method can't be used for 99% of cases. :C

Is also possible to read the birth chart of someone for get informations by his own past lives, but honestly the informations are very very vague and there is not way for find previous birth dates by a birth date. an algorythm for do that should be my dream, but is impossible to do that.
so they're just indications and nothing more.
What does this have to do with what I said? (I'm sorry if this comes off as rude but that isn't what I mean by it.)

What does this have to do with what I said? (I'm sorry if this comes off as rude but that isn't what I mean by it.)
Forgive me. i just was wonder if into same birthday data of XVII century should be some astrological insight about your PL in these age. but without precise info is not possible to know (for who believe in it).
i used ephemeris for found some probably data for my eventually PL, but is again a fiel d of search.
i know also that by a pretty scientific point of view, astrology is not seens as a true science, but if i am looking to all skeptical materialistic sciences, i guess i should esclude also every unverificable facts.
reincarnations cases are very rare and difficult to verity comparing memories with historical data.
so, sorry for my curiosity, forgive what i'm told.
have a good day. :)

Forgive me. i just was wonder if into same birthday data of XVII century should be some astrological insight about your PL in these age. but without precise info is not possible to know (for who believe in it).
i used ephemeris for found some probably data for my eventually PL, but is again a fiel d of search.
i know also that by a pretty scientific point of view, astrology is not seens as a true science, but if i am looking to all skeptical materialistic sciences, i guess i should esclude also every unverificable facts.
reincarnations cases are very rare and difficult to verity comparing memories with historical data.
so, sorry for my curiosity, forgive what i'm told.
have a good day. :)
Oh ok that makes sense now. I just got really confused at first but now I get it.

But regardless I can't do a birth chart as of now because I have no clue when or where exactly my past life self was born.

Hi Melon,

Most posters have a "dedicated" PL thread for posting details that continue to arise over time from new memories or research. (It serves as a journal in some respects). Some with multiple PLs will do one for each. I fumbled around for awhile and then found that I had to go through a load of different posts I had made over time to consolidate particular info re PLs on the thread I started with, so I would have things at a single location. IMO, better to put all posts specific to your PL(s) on your "dedicated" thread. It makes it easier as time passes.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Mine is here: http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/memories-of-early-theosophists.5570/
It is not earth-shaking. Just the record of someone else (about 7 years prior) trying to figure out what was going on and what it all would mean going forward.

Oh ok that makes sense now. I just got really confused at first but now I get it.

But regardless I can't do a birth chart as of now because I have no clue when or where exactly my past life self was born.
Yes, i understand. Is hard also for me. i just compared my birth to nagasaki explosion moment at moment. but i have no clues about any one of my memories too about the places and time.

Hi Melon,

Most posters have a "dedicated" PL thread for posting details that continue to arise over time from new memories or research. (It serves as a journal in some respects). Some with multiple PLs will do one for each. I fumbled around for awhile and then found that I had to go through a load of different posts I had made over time to consolidate particular info re PLs on the thread I started with, so I would have things at a single location. IMO, better to put all posts specific to your PL(s) on your "dedicated" thread. It makes it easier as time passes.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Mine is here: http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/memories-of-early-theosophists.5570/
It is not earth-shaking. Just the record of someone else (about 7 years prior) trying to figure out what was going on and what it all would mean going forward.
I'm actually going to start collecting everything past-life related. Not on a forum thread though because some of it is very personal. It would be in a journal instead.

Hi Melon,

This could be for you or for others who are, like you, looking into different modes for recovery of PL memories. This is something I wrote back in 2015 about Roger Woolger's techniques and my experiences with his method. These were basically the last effective solo techniques I used. PL regressions via Youtube never worked after the first few attempts. I checked Wooger's book out from the library. It had a CD in the back. Here is my report:

"Roger Woolger's book: Healing Your Past Lives. I heartily recommend Woolger's book and methodology, which I have found to be easy to use. In essence, Woolger is not so worried about whether imagination has a place in what is being "recalled"--getting too hung up in worrying about this, as well as over-analysis and/or experience critique while you are in the experience tends to kill the experience (something I have found to be true for myself). So, go with the flow and see what comes, analysis/critique can come later. From what I can tell, Woolger sees this as being very conducive to release of the emotional "charge" embodied in the PL memories that are coming up, which in turn leads to healing and catharsis, which in turn will help to eliminate the subconscious blocking of memories--i.e., your actual PL memories will become more accessible without either blocking or imaginative substitutions/insertions. (However, this is my gloss and interpretation, so you'll have to read him yourself).

In any case, Woolger uses a guided meditation technique focused on certain things and then makes a transition at some point to the "origin" of the particular focus of meditation. (His "guidance" technique/voice may involve some hypnotic aspects as it is certainly very monotonous and relaxing, but there were none of the usual phased relaxation techniques I have seen others use). I tried the first three exercises last Thursday (which is one of the only days of the week I have a window of opportunity for such things).

In the first meditation (or "memory exercise") the focus is on re-imagining childhood games. He encourages you to focus on something that was a very important part of your childhood in this area and transitions to origin. The second memory exercise begins with a "personal difficulty". The third seeks to guide you through a complete lifetime up to and beyond death. I had very intense "Vera" experiences on the first two exercises, but had a lot of blocking on the third, which seemed to go to the "other girl" who seems to have been killed rather brutally. So, I will be going back to the well on the last one, and will report my initial experiences on the first two in a subsequent post. However, I can say that they were, though emotionally intense to me, relatively mundane in comparison to the usual traumatic and dramatic subject matter reported on this board. This may not reflect all that well on me then (as Vera) or now, but I'm trying to keep an honest record and that will have to include not just the good, bad and ugly, but what might be classified by some as the utterly mundane emotional turmoils of an otherwise quiet life."

I think I'm about ready to try again after 7 years! ;) Maybe the fairly extreme reactions I was having to what was coming in will have moderated by now.

Cordially,
S&S

Back