Ailish said:
However, some people are just extremely gifted at hiding their true selves.
When the potential was there, for Anthony's story to be true, you did what had to be done to keep your children safe. Hugs,
Ailish
My ex hid it very very well. I thought he was such a good dad but my mother and I noticed Anthony's attitude changing and weren't sure what was going on. I remember having this overwhelming feeling that my husband at the time was molesting my son but I had no proof. I remember laying in bed crying and thinking I was insane for having such horrible thoughts about such a loving person. I thought my constant worry that something like that would happen to my children had gotten the best of me and I was loosing my head.
I have a huge binder that I kept detailed notes of everything that happened from the day my son made the alligations. After he said it was all a lie, I had 3 anxiety attacks because I wanted to believe Anthony so bad that it didn't happen and he was so adimant that it did not happen but I would take that book out (as hard as it was) and read the memories and how he acted, things he said, things he dreamed, he grinded his teeth, loose bowls, ect. I just could not fathom how he could act that way and it all be a lie. My parents told me when the 2nd anxiety attack occured (I missed 2 days of work and could not get out of bed) that I need not obsess over all the conflicting details. In their words, "You believed him when he said it did happen, now believe and support him when he says it did not happen."
My now ex was released on a plea bargain of "injury to a child" once Anthony pulled his statements back. In our State, up until September of 2005, it was against the law to spank a child. It was never really inforced except in cases such as this one. The state did not drop the alligations completely though and ordered my ex to attend sessions with a psychologist and undergo 3 different tests that are given to released sex offenders to register where they are at mentally and to keep tabs on them. He told me he passed all the tests but would never provide proof and thats why when he went in front of the judge so that if he passed the tests, he could be released to see the boys; I brought my scared self up into that court room and sat down and watched. The judge told my ex he felt that he was a "very sick individual". He said, "You have a very big problem, and if you do not get the proper help, you will hurt another child wether you want to or not." My ex nodded his head in pure agreement!! The judge went on to say that from what had been said in some of my ex's session's with the psychologist, he was almost certain my ex had been badly abused throughout his life and would bet money that is why he became the man that he did. My ex continued to nod.
Once we left, he's called twice to check on the boys. A big change from the phone call everyday that he used to make. I cried to him on the last phone call wich was about 3 days ago. When the alligations were first made, i saw him as a ruthless monster. I questioned his love for any of us and my heart ached like nothing I had ever felt. This time around, I ache out of sadness for the situation. My question was answered that the man I spent 7 years of my life with did really love us. He does truly care but he's very very sick and that saddens me so. i told him this and he remained very quiet. It's such a hard realization to know that you love a person that loves you and the children but has a disease that makes him a true danger to your family and because of that, I must fight any natural feelings of love for the man I knew as my husband and only remember him as a threat. I will not associate with him anymore and when I look at how much Cohl resembles his dad, I think what a great child and growing little toddler, my ex is missing out on.
(Big sigh) Please forgive the length of this! I did not realize I had typed so much. Maybe I do need to talk about this.

I haven't really spoke of any of this to anyone, just a brief, yeah, he's guilty, lets talk about something else. It seems like writing may actually be an outlet for me.
Sorry to everyone!!!!! I know this was totally off the forum topic and please accept my apologies.
I guess I better do what I was hired for....and work this morning.
