• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My Memories

RyanC

Member
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. There are certain things that trigger memories for me such as music or scents. Before I start, I'm 28 years old. This morning I put a song on while I was just here relaxing. The song happened to be from 1970. I was flooded with emotion, and a feeling of longing. I had a picture come to mind of a woman who couldn't be older than her early thirties. She was looking away from the camera to the left. She had a purple dress on. The kind of casual ones that hug the body with a silver pin or something on the left side. Inside the house was olive green carpeting, brick fireplace, and dark wood paneling on the walls. This woman was beautiful, and feel drawn to her, but I don't know who she is
 
I was unble to finish because my phone would t let me type anymore. I'm almost immediately brought into a military helicopter. The seats are along the sides. The men with me look as nervouse as I feel. The sliding side door is open and we're watching the fields go by. It's so hot, and the smell is so terrible because of it. I saw woman and children running thought fields and out of villages. Coming in low into a cut out in the forest we got shot at. The captian was trying to get us out and away, but the engine was dead and we were going down. That's where it stops. It's very vivid
 
Thanks for sharing Ryan. Have you thought about having a past life regression, either with a therapist or by yourself? It seems like there are memories close enough to the surface to access them quite easily.
 
Hi! No, I haven't tried regression, but I've been looking into it in my area. I've been hesitant to mention it to many people although I shouldn't be. The memories are very vivid and will bring tears to my eyes. There are two songs in particular. They are "Chicago" by Grahm Nash, and "Child In Time" by Deep Purple. The Deep Purple song will bring me to the Vietnam memories automatically.
 
Same thing happen to me with music, or with songs I heard in certain moments of my life, and that is why I am not a fan of music if I can avoid it.


My past life was in a time were music was played live only, so it doesn´t work for me for regression to a past life, however, it works for me to remember events of the past in my present life.


However, the first time I heard a recording of one of the concerts of Brandenburg,


I could identify it´s name automatically.
 
I have music that trips me back. In particular "Maybe" by the Chantels does it for me. (Play that one at my eventual funeral or I'm going to haunt the living daylights out of everyone there! :D ) I hope you can get into a regression. I haven't had one, but many folks here have, and it seems to help a lot.
 
The only thing making me a little hesitant to have a regression is that I don't want it go away, or stop. It has become part of who I am.
 
RyanC said:
The only thing making me a little hesitant to have a regression is that I don't want it go away, or stop. It has become part of who I am.
I'm curious to know why you would think that it would go away because of a regression? Although people have discovered that unreasonable fears and phobias often disappear after regression, this doesn't mean that your pleasant memories will disappear. If anything your memories could become more a part of you.
 
I can understand the concern many people have toward regression, because it is steeped in mystery and misunderstanding—especially because it so often utilizes hypnosis, which is, itself, sadly identified with stage demonstrations in which subjects suddenly slump into deep trances at the mere touch of a hand and robotically behave like monkeys and chickens whenever told to do so, as if they have no control. In actuality, there is nothing mysterious about hypnosis at all. In fact, anyone who has ever driven their car along a familiar route or sung in the shower has experienced self-hypnosis. It is nothing more than a form of relaxation which allows our deeper thoughts to come to the surface. Typically, the hypnotized subject is always in control, and no one can make a person do anything that is uncomfortable or beyond their nature.
 
What can I expect with a regression? I'm interested to know how it works before I go into it. Thank you for all the nice replies!
 
RyanC said:
What can I expect with a regression? I'm interested to know how it works before I go into it.
Each professional regression therapist has slightly different methods of conducting sessions, but they generally follow the same basic approach—which is to get you to relax and begin talking you back in time. In my experience hypnosis is rarely mentioned and there is no suggestion that the sitter is going into any kind of trance. Very often some kind of relaxing music is played in the background and sessions are usually taped and given to the sitter after the session, which may last anywhere between 45 minutes and three hours.


A good practitioner will ask a few basic question to try to get to know you, and may even want to interview you over the phone before the session to determine whether there is a specific problem or objective you wish to achieve. This helps the practitioner to design a series of questions that best fits your needs.


Once you are in a comfortable chair with the music started, the practitioner will very often give you instructions for breathing and focusing your attention on relaxing various parts of your body starting with the extremities and working methodically toward the center of your body. Your eyes will be already closed, but you will be thoroughly awake.


Then the practitioner will begin directing your thoughts in one of several different ways. One way is to methodically go back in time during this present life until you were born, if you can remember back that far. Another is to go directly to the point in this or past lives in which your difficulty began. And another is to imagine looking at your feet and describing what you see, then moving your eyes to your near surroundings and father surroundings, etc.


Most often you are told to allow your imagination free reign, since it is believed that whatever you describe may actually provide some clues to your background, and this often provides some plausible story lines that you would not have thought of on your own. You may even find that what you come up with can be verifiable historic information that you were never aware of. If you are very lucky, you may even come up with names and dates that can be found in obscure records. It has happened this way for some people.


In the end you will likely remember most of what went on during your session, so it's not like waking up in the recovery room after an operation with anesthesia. You are totally aware of everything going on around you. The only difference between sitting in the chair during a session and sitting in a chair watching television is that the practitioner is holding the proverbial remote control, and you are in complete control of the programming. The quality of the session depends as much upon the sitter as it does upon the practitioner.
 
Back
Top