• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Life Flashbacks - Various Members

I got another strange "snippet" in a dream. It didn't have any images, just voices, although I got an impression of a tall, commanding man. The man's voice said, "The first declaration of my love for you passed nearly unnoticed, in the preparations for the battle." I asked, "How did you declare it?" He said, "I gave you a jeweled torque, and arm bands". Now, I want to know which battle, who won, and what happened to my jewels. ;)

*laugh* You have some very romantic past lives, BriarRose.

I was thinking about the snip I had earlier with the odd words. One part that was interesting to me is that the man had loose, flowing black hair. I was watching it fly in the wind as he turned to face me. I was expecting a ... face. Instead, there was this red and white thing which startled the me, now. (The me back then seemed to know what was going on.) I typed something about Japan, men, and facepaint into google and was really surprised to get this:

face_painting_kabukicastare060224r_agostinoarts.jpg

I have no idea if it looked exactly like this. It's close enough that I felt stunned. Why on earth a kabuki performer would be meeting with my PL avatar out on a hillside is beyond me, but at least I haven't lost my mind in seeing a red and white "thing" instead of a face. And this means the phrase might actually be in Japanese? Hmm...

(and now to paste this in an edit on the other thread) I thought it would be better to discuss here, though.

Was Kabuki always "theater", or did it have religious roots?

Not all my past life loves can have been "hunks", but my current love is one. Perhaps, I don't choose to remember the "squirrely" looking ones? :laugh:

One of the sites I read made a passing reference to kabuki growing out of "religious rituals" but other than that I haven't found anything. We westerners are apparently not enough interested in the origins of foreign customs. Maybe if I were searching in Japanese there might be better info .... *sigh*

I had a late 19th century flashback early this morning. I saw myself sitting in front of a fire and ripping pages out of a book and crumpling them up. I was obviously upset about something. The book was very well-made and rather new. The pages had gold edges. So, I have to wonder why I was destroying such a nice book. I don't feel close enough to that life to have good insight. I feel so distant. So, I see these moments but feel so detached from everything that's happening.

nica said:
Does anyone know the meaning of 'sacropanta neglite'' the final e has an accent.
It's Portuguese and is actually Sacripanta Negrita. The meaning is rather unfortunate. Sacripanta means villainous, vile, despicable and Negrita is Black person..

I may have seen a "snippet" of a past life that could be very ancient. I was in that comfortable, drifting place between sleep and wakefulness, when I found myself caught in an animal stampede. I could hear the thundering hoofs, and taste the dust. I think the animals were buffalo. They were being herded toward a cliff, and I was "caught" in the stampede. I could feel myself being trampled. This "memory", if that is what it was, made no sense to me, until I went on line, and discovered that this was a common method of conducting a hunt, both for Native Americans, and people in ancient times. I hope this memory develops, so I know the "where", and "when". The earliest memory I've had prior to this, was a snippet about the Medeans.

Something has been lurking at the edge of my mind about my childhood, and it just snapped into focus so I'm typing it here quick before it leaves again.

I just realized I experienced and worked through many past life memories of myself as an Inca messenger, and this may explain why I chose a life that would take me to South America, and away from my core group. I used to be fascinated with the Inca, and there were resources for me to study since we lived among their descendants.

The elements that came back to me as fresh as if I'd experienced them in this life:

- Running as a chaski with the knotted cords of a message along the high, mountain trails

- Going through at least one of the mountain tunnels that are still rumored to exist (among the Quechua) though the entrances are revered as sacred sites and besides, they're too dangerous to enter, now. I used to dream about the long passages, even though I'd never been inside one.

- Watching the ritual sacrifice of a human girl and feeling frustrated that the gods would expect such things (though that might have been a modern-day emotional reaction)

At the time I simply thought I had a really good imagination. After a while, my interest moved on to other things. I can't believe I forgot about it till now, though! Hmm...

I saw myself as an Inca man in a regression, once, Dreamer. My "snippet" was just that - so brief that there was no story.I did have a sense that it was after the arrival of Pizarro. My interest in Aztec, Mayan, and Inca culture was very strong around the ages of 10-12. It's very interesting that your PL identity was not accepting of the sacrifice. It raises an interesting point - how often do our memories have an over-lay of modern moral sensibilities?

I read one of my dad's books on Inca culture and remember thinking, "They got so many things wrong!" but I couldn't explain to myself why I felt that way, so I put the book down and never read it again. The glimpse of the sacrifice was triggered by that book. One of the local ruins that we used to visit had a sacrificial altar. I remember thinking that it was just a massive rock ... and still pulling away. *laugh*

It's interesting that you remember a life there, too.

I wish I remembered more. The image of the sacrificial stone is a hard one to discard. I think I presumed every one reacted to them that way. The thing that leads to me to think the memory is post-Pizarro, is that I am wearing something black around my head, although it isn't the knitted cap worn in Peru now. I have long, black hair. It isn't tied back. I am olive-skinned, and look distinctly Peruvian. I sense that I'm in the mountains. That's all there is to the snippet. Like you, I thought my early interest was associated with a curious mind, and a romantic imagination.

One of my "soul friends" (I keep vacillating on these terms, *sigh*) who thinks reincarnation is "a bunch of hippy stuff" yet still lets me ramble on about it when I want to, posted this dream today.

Shared with permission.

Dream again of seeing myself. This time i am on a Ferris wheel and I recognized it as the past. I waited for the ride to end in order to meet my past self and wondered why I never remembered meeting my future self? Ride ends but my past self took a different path then the mainstream exit and suddenly I remembered this.
I thought it was a fascinating look into his subconscious.

He frequently has repeated dreams about scenarios that I would consider past life related. It's all very fascinating.

For a couple of days I've been token back to 1525 in Normandy. I was 7 years old wearing a poofy outfit named Jacque.

Blocked Memories

My past lives have only appeared in small flashbacks or in fragmented dreams. I have little to no information about any of them, but I want to share what I have seen.

Once when I was in class, I was swinging a ruler around like a sword. All of a sudden I had a small flashback of somebody that looked like a soldier or knight dressed in a white and red outfit. He held a sword and was peering behind a boulder. When I looked up the colors of his uniform, I came across pictures on Wiki stating that it was a British uniform.

I had a dream of a man leaving his pregnant wife and daughter to go to war. I think the man was me. His wife had blonde hair and blue eyes and she was crying. The man held his daughter up in his arms, and she only seemed to be the age of 3. I think the flashback and the dream are related to one another.

Today I had another flashback. For some reason sometimes when I lay my head on my mothers lap, I would feel angry, bitter, and sad, but the feeling would quickly go away. I love my mother very much, but this always seemed weird to me. Today when I laid my head on her shoulder, I had a flashback of a stone pillar/ walkway of a castle or house. It seemed to be either renaissance or the dark ages. I saw red curtains and then I saw a woman dressed in a long dress that was red and gold. I could not see her face but she was stroking her sons head while he laid on her lap. The child, who I assume was me, looked so happy.

One final experience happened when I tried to listen to a youtube video to induce my own past life regression.

When he told me to look down, I saw boots on my feet. I was neither a man or woman, I couldnt see myself.

I walked towards a wooden door and I pushed it open to see two women in victorian dresses and one older man in a dining room. The room was small and the wallpaper was the color of purple.

Then my body felt heavy and I couldnt breathe so i stopped the recording.

Some of the things that I think might possibly have to do with a past life are these:

1) I have always loved the Victorian Era with a passion. I love the dresses and architecture. And I always watch victorian films.

I always want to return to that time as a little boy (Im a young woman)

2) I am always scared of being unable to breathe, and ever since I was a baby, Ive always gotten sore throats very easily. I wonder if it has to do with a past life death. Something like maybe me dying from being hanged.

3) I am an artist and I wonder if maybe it was a skill Ive aquired from a past life. Whenever Im in a museum and I see renaissance paintings, I feel nostalgia.

Im new to this forum so please if anybody can help give me information, or tips, it would help greatly!! ^^

Hi Marjorie.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, these certainly sound like past life flashbacks don't they? I'd say you're a bit of a natural at this. Have you started keeping a journal of all these things? Some people find it very helpful and it often stimulates more memories just by thinking about it a bit.

tanguerra said:
Hi Marjorie.
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, these certainly sound like past life flashbacks don't they? I'd say you're a bit of a natural at this. Have you started keeping a journal of all these things? Some people find it very helpful and it often stimulates more memories just by thinking about it a bit.
I have not actually kept a journal!

Ive typed some of these incidences down in my notes on my ipod, but Ive never documented them on paper.

I think I will take your advice and start keeping them in a separate notebook! :)

Welcome to the forum. :) Yes, start keeping a journal and write everything down. You already have a lot of information. It's like looking for jigsaw puzzle pieces. Are any of these people in your current life? Most of the people you know now you have known before.

argonne1918 said:
Welcome to the forum. :) Yes, start keeping a journal and write everything down. You already have a lot of information. It's like looking for jigsaw puzzle pieces. Are any of these people in your current life? Most of the people you know now you have known before.
Not to my knowledge, no.

Nobody in my family has been in my flashbacks, and nobody is really "familiar" if thats what you would call it.

Nobody seems to have been WITH me for a long time.

Maybe I havent made the connections yet :0

Some new info

Ive been researching more about illnesses, and birthmarks and how thay could represent how you died in a past life.

I keep wondering about mine. When I was a little girl, I had a red birthmark above my lip and it looked like blood dripping out from my nose. When I got older, the birthmark disappeared. Although my mom said that it used to appear whenever I cried as a child.

I keep wondering what death couldve caused that mark.

Another thing I didnt include in my previous post was that, I have a stomach illness called IBS.

I was wondering if that would have to do with anything Ive experienced in a past life.

Im really really curious! And if anybody has anything to share about their own birthmarks or illnesses, and how it relates to their past life, it would be really really awesome! ^^

Maybe someone can help me interpret my dream, it has been causing me a lot of distress. A little background at first though, I have this irrational fear of getting old (like 80s and up), and older people make me uncomfortable (not trying to be offensive, I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings). Last night I had a dream where I died, I fell and hit my head on a corner of a bench and bled to death, interestingly enough, I have a spot on my head where significantly less hair grows. Also, from what I remember, I was very young when I "died" probably in my early 20s. Now in my dream, after I had passed away I was furious, and bawling my eyes out because I didn't want to leave "my love". I was so upset and I begged "them" (i'm not entirely sure who them is) to let me "go back". They finally agreed to let me go back and that is when I woke up from my dream. I'm very troubled because I never really thought about reincarnation before and the dream seemed SO real.

I had the strangest dream and a basic search on "live coals on the lips of a dead person" didn't bring up anything useful. I thought someone here might have an idea if some of this might be PL related.

-----

We were building a cabin/cave shelter from the cold. There was a massive winter predicted and it had already begun. We built a stone fireplace and built a fire (which proceeded to shift back and forth between a traditional stone fireplace with chimney shape and a carefully constructed rock circle to direct the heat, with the fire spilling out onto a large flat rock in the front) but then we needed to preserve the food. I buried frozen halves of animals of several types in a hole in the earth in front of the fire. (This woke me up enough to keep thinking it would defrost and go bad,... but I also knew this was the best option in the dream and that it would be fine.)

Then my friend Nick was dying next to the fire on blankets. Someone else and I kept watch over him. At dawn the other person said, "He's gone," and put a live coal on Nick's lips, like a death ritual. Only I knew he wasn't dead.

Then he opened his eyes and looked at me, the coal flares, and he opened his mouth to speak.... I had to do something like the Heimlich maneuver to keep him from choking to death on the coal. Thankfully, it only scratched his throat a little and he wasn't burnt. But then he was fine and I thought the fire had burned the illness out of him, because it seemed to be consuming a vapor out of his body.

------

I'm fine with it being a random dream. My dreams are usually intensely detailed (and full of science fiction like alien invasions and spaceships) when I remember them.

I do know I often pull PL imagery into the usual flux of dream experience instead of having "pure" PL dreams, so I rarely trust them for info unless research affirms some memorable element, and then usually I just know that I have been to that location or experienced a similar cultural event or something.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows of cultures that do this?

1) putting coals on the lips of a dead person

2) burying meat storage in the earth near a fire

This is too detailed to be made up. It may take awhile, but I think there must be some information on this somewhere. The "science fiction" stuff may not be fiction. I'll send you a PM later about that.

Storage of meat and vegetables in the earth is an old and well known technique to persevere food as underground is much cooler. They used to be called root cellars. My late-grandparent's house was an old victorian farmhouse that had a root cellar and not a regular cellar.

Cryscat said:
Storage of meat and vegetables in the earth is an old and well known technique to persevere food as underground is much cooler. They used to be called root cellars. My late-grandparent's house was an old victorian farmhouse that had a root cellar and not a regular cellar.
This wasn't a cellar, though. It was quite literally buried ... maybe wrapped with skins first, but that's it. Although, in a rush I suppose one could do it that way.

Thanks, Argonne. You've made me curious. *laugh*

Mere Dreamer said:
Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows of cultures that do this?

1) putting coals on the lips of a dead person

2) burying meat storage in the earth near a fire
It all sounds pretty 'ice age' to me.

Burying meat is a fairly standard way of keeping it safe from other animals. If you're in a cave, you want to keep it close by so other animals don't dig it up. I don't imagine it would keep for very long, but it would not get fly blown or eaten by rats, so it would keep for a few days at least this way?

As to the coal in the lips, again, it also sounds pretty 'old'. There has been a long standing belief that burying the dead with useful things will help them in the 'after life'. So, particularly if this is a very old memory, and the ability to make fire was not very advanced or well known, then having a hot coal (with which to start a new fire) would be something very useful in the 'next life'? People used to carry hot coals around, carefully wrapped up, from one place to the next to make a new fire before things like 'flint and tinder' were invented.

There are also a few practices that are attempts to make sure someone is really dead before burying them. Obviously, in the olden days they didn't have ECGs and the like! This sort of thing would seem to cover both those bases? Just my 'guess'.

tanguerra said:
It all sounds pretty 'ice age' to me.
Ice age would make sense in this scenario. We were already into some form of winter, but we were preparing for something much worse. I was very strong, now that I think of it, lifting some very large items without even a thought.

I'm convinced that our shelter was built into a cave. There was a wide, flat area outside the opening. The cave itself was large enough to easily stand and stretch. It seems the group was at least five individuals, though the vigil for Nick's life was just myself and one other.

Nick's hair was like straw and his skin was pale. He seemed to be in his teens, no beard, and smooth skin. The person watching him with me was wrapped in shadows, possibly a dark cloak.

It might tie in with another glimpse months ago of being a tattooed man, skilled with weapons, standing near my shelter (against the mountainside behind me) looking out into heavy clouds and a snowy landscape.

Interesting.

Yes. Could be. The most recent ice age lasted a very long time. There would have been some terrible storms back in those days I imagine, and you could be snowed in for who knows how long. Another good reason to bury food in the cave, eh?

Pale hair, particularly red hair, and pale skin, is believed to be an adaptation to living in the dark for long periods, such as in caves.

This doesn't sound like a death ritual to me. It sounds like a primitive "is he alive" test, much like people used to hold a mirror under the nostrils of a putative corpse to determine if there was any respiration--even though very shallow and otherwise indetectable. (There used to be quite a problem with burying people who were in deep comas--in fact, some coffins were rigged with bells that the "deceased" could ring if they suddenly "woke up" after being buried--a very scary thought).

Back