• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

past life stories

Hello DeeJay, and welcome to the Forum!


Some of the first documented cases of non-Christian cases were reported by a Christian by the name of Dr. Ian Stevenson. You can find some of these in his book, "20 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation". The bulk of cases investigated by him and his successor, Dr. Jim Tucker, happens to involve non-Christians.


Until reports of the Bridey Murphy story in the 50's, most people believed that cases of Reincarnation only seemed to exist among non-Christians. However, with the introduction of Yoga, Transcendental Meditation and Hypnotic Therapy in the West we have seen a growth in awareness of Reincarnation among Christians during the last 50 years.


Today, it would seem to English-speaking readers that the best Reincarnation cases only seem to involve English-speaking Christians. However, these constitute only the tip of the iceberg, since most known cases involve non-Christians.
 
I'm not Christian. My experiences are in my signature link. But, I agree with Shiftkitty and have to ask...what's the difference?
 
Shiftkitty said:
What would the difference be?
Reincarnation in The Christian religions is against dogma.


Therefore, people tend to discard any possibility of past life memories because it is not approved by church.


Furthermore, until just recently there was no scientific prove about reincarnation exist, therefore, rational people tend to discard any possibility of past life memories because science has not satisfactorily proved this phenomena.


in the other hand, non-christians do not have these barriers, and have been speaking more freely about this topic for some time.
 
but the content either way would be the same.


So in a way, it's a redundant question, unless DeeJay literally is asking for stories not by Christians.


Unless whomever is recounting their experiences divulges their particular religious persuasion, there is no way to tell.
 
Totoro said:
but the content either way would be the same.
I do believe there are some subtle differences in substance between Christian and non-Christian cases—one being that a larger proportion of the non-Christian cases involve being reborn into totally unrelated families and variant cultures, whereas the majority of Christian cases involve rebirth within the same family or culture.


Of course, on the surface, religion should not make any difference. However, it does make a difference culturally, and religion is also largely a cultural and race issue which does still affect one's point of view—in spite of one's present belief system. A person may still be culturally oriented to their Christian roots, even though they may have converted to another belief system.


All these issues aside, I would be interested to hear from DeeJay, why there is a perceived difference in his/her mind. Perhaps DeeJay has a different reason for asking.
 
Welcome to the forum DeeJay! :thumbsup:

Nightrain said:
I do believe there are some subtle differences in substance between Christian and non-Christian cases—one being that a larger proportion of the non-Christian cases involve being reborn into totally unrelated families and variant cultures, whereas the majority of Christian cases involve rebirth within the same family or culture.
That is an interesting observation Nightrain - I have noticed that as well. Though there are always exceptions.


Another interesting angle is when the person remembers being a different religion in their past life then their current one.
 
Welcome to the forum, DeeJay, and this is an interesting question.


Upon reading it I was immediately given the impression of a lifetime in which I held three small carved figures in my rough, callused hand, very like the image of Russell Crow in "Gladiator". While a non-christian lifetime, there was still a strong belief system based on acknowledging the strength of the unseen on the "other side". To me, the significance of christianity, or any religion, has not been of critical importance when viewing previous lives. There has however, been a true and consistent sense of awareness of "what is not seen", and I do not know if that is all pervasive or simply me and what I seek to find when I look.
 
Nightrain, I don't have much experience with a wide variety of cases other than what I found on the web or what I've read here.


I agree though I'm sure there are subtle difference I'm not aware , but it's shame that DeeJay hasn't returned to clarify his request further.
 
In the Christian Gnostic and Essence traditions, reincarnation is not against dogma but embraced. It has been suggested that in Sufi (Islamic) traditions, reincarnation is referred to as ‘casting off one’s shirt’ or ‘changing one’s garments’.


That aside, I am not religious.


Nightrain’s observations I agree with. It seems that more structured beliefs lead to greater coherence when incarnating within a familiar social group.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top