• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Songs You Are Listening To -- Part II

The devotion of the Italian men to their mothers is proverbial.
Here, a guy from Naples, sings a song about mother with a karaoke musical accompaniment:

Last edited:
A group of ethnic Greeks of South Italy's region of Taranto/Salento sings a song that is supposed to alleviate the sufferings of a person bitten by a tarantula spider.

Last edited:
Hi, Emma66 !

Hope you like this (found it by chance, and remembered you at once).
Best regards.

Hi Cyrus,
Even though many songs were released after 1966 (I died in August) like the CCR titles, many were anti-war songs or were not Vietnam War related when released. I appreciate. thank you.

Last edited:
@SeekerOfKnowledge I have received an email notification but I think the post has been deleted. A 80ties song about Nam , it reminds me of this one. Paul Hardcastle "Nineteen "I remember listening to it on the radio, recording it on audio cassette with a tape player and playing it again and again as I was a student. Already at the time it gave me chills and still is today. At the time, just after my NDE I was saying I was american and died in Vietnam.
In my PL I wasn't 25 yet but Larry was 19.

Last edited:
@SeekerOfKnowledge I have received an email notification but I think the post has been deleted. A 80ties song about Nam , it reminds me of this one. Paul Hardcastle "Nineteen "I remember listening to it on the radio, recording it on audio cassette with a tape player and playing it again and again as I was a student. Already at the time it gave me chills and still is today. At the time, just after my NDE I was saying I was american and died in Vietnam.
I wasn't 25 yet but Larry was 19.
I deleted the post after the video didn't show up and I even couldn't post a link. There are other versions of the song, but for some reason I find the footage of this particular video most fitting.

Though so much has changed, those sailors still have the sea in their eyes as in my times, and it moves something very deep inside...

Nave Fenice Team "But how do sailors do":

Last edited:
Back