• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Songs You Are Listening To -- Part II

Cyrus

Senior Registered
Frate (friar) Alessandro Brustenghi sings "Mother".
When teenager, he "saw a light" and decided to dedicate his whole life to God.
An untrivial voice discovered in him later, makes him earn lots of money, which he gives entirely to his Franciscan Monastery in Assisi.

Long ago I went to see a touristic attraction near Barcelona - the Montserrat Monastery. I saw some young cute catholic monks there, all of them with a vow of celibacy, which, my friends told me, dedicated their whole time to prayers and studying the philosophy of Plato and Aristotle.

And I thought to myself then: "Such fools, If I only had half their good looks, I'd............................................................................................."

Cyrus

Senior Registered
Russian romance. Vladislav Gheikh sings "A Song in Morse code", about those who live and work in the Russian Arctics.
N.B. Born in 1934 in Ukraine. His mother was a Jew, and when in a nazi concentration camp in Italy, she threw her little son over the camp fence, and some Italians picked him up. So, he passed his childhood in Italy, where he learned to sing.
English Translation

Last edited:

Cryscat

RIP Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac. She wrote this song on the 1987 album "Tango in the Night."

Little Lies

Cryscat

Heard this song on a Kitchen Aid commercial. Went looking, and found it! Released 2022

Biig Piig - Feels Right

If this is PL-related I am not aware. Don't remember/know a thing about having existed in the 2nd century AD, but as I mentioned Ancient music in melon's thread, I thought I'd share an Ancient tune I really like.

Ocean

Staff member
Super Moderator
@Emma66
I didn't watch the opera, but I've always liked this song. Didn't know this version yet.

I wonder, do you know the song "конь" (horse) by любэ? I love the lyrics. Maybe you'll like it, too, because of your past life.

Emma66

Once a Marine, always a Marine
@Emma66
I didn't watch the opera, but I've always liked this song. Didn't know this version yet.

I wonder, do you know the song "конь" (horse) by любэ? I love the lyrics. Maybe you'll like it, too, because of your past life.

Thanks, yes of course even if this song is recent 1994 I guess. It is in my Russian past life playlist. I am learning russian and sang it when my gray quarter horse mare was euthanized in November . I think the vet thought I was crazy. In my cossack past life I was so close to my horses too .🏇

Ocean

Staff member
Super Moderator
"конь" (horse) - better not say this in Catalonia, not even in Barcelona, or you'll be grossly misunderstood.
IMHO.
Regards.
Hehe, why? Because there's a curse word that sounds like this? 😂

Well, it's the same word for horse or a very similar one in all Slavic languages, so...