Who do you want to meet in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by dking777, May 28, 2013.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I fully understand not wanting to meet relatives and past friends, Ann. It doesn't sound cold to me at all. Here's to a fresh start next time around! Are there well-known people you might like to meet?

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

The Stepmother of Oceanus Hopkins. I got a score to settle with her.

After that I would love another hug from my Dad. It has been a very long time.

I would love to speak with Jesus and to thank him for watching over us.

And then I would be like a little fangirl ... there is so much I would love to learn from the amazing people in Heaven. :D

3. Ann

Ann New Member

BriarRose- It's not that I don't want to meet relatives (I've never had friends. Long story- lots of sad parts. I've just never had friends.), it's just that I wouldn't seek them out. If I see them, great. If not, that's fine too.

Anyone famous? Nope. People are people to me. Money and fame have never impressed me. It's truly what is inside that counts. Plus most of those famous people from history were just as messed up and scared as the rest of us, if you rest the histories closely enough.

I'm sure that it would be a pain to be somewhere in the afterlife only to have another "fan" pop up some time. :)

4. Axes

Axes New Member

I would like to meet St. Paul. I'd like to ask him what his deal with women was.

When I was thinking about this in the shower this morning (good place to think), it occured to me how I like the idea of reincarnation. Because... if I was a man in any of my past lives in the past 15 centuries in the Christian world, I have probably agreed with St. Paul. Actually, if I was a woman anywhere in the past 15 centuries in the Christian world, I probably have agreed, too.

I like the relativeness and the nuance that reincarnation brings. The mildness.

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm planning to pull Jimi Hendrix to one side so that I can ask him how he REALLY died. :rolleyes:

Jim78 likes this.
  6. jonathan21

jonathan21 Member

Besides family and guides I would like to meet Princess Dianna.Otherwise any idol I have now when they eventually pass.

7. BriarRose

You made me laugh, Chris and Axes. Jimi Hendrix may still be there when you arrive, Chris. It might take a while for the detox process! Axes, it's funny that people like us, with an interest in esoteric subjects, think about the Apostle Paul in the shower! I agree about the sense of perspective that reincarnation brings. There's a clarity, and peace that can come with it.

Ann, I've always imagined that notable souls might give lectures about their thoughts and experiences, so we wouldn't have to "fawn" over them, just benefit from their talents and abilities. Of course, if they don't want to "share", that's okay too. Living in California, I've encountered quite a few celebrities, but I've never approached one.

Does anyone else think there will be exhibition basketball games, art shows, concerts and lectures on the other side? If so, what would be your "dream" event?

8. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member

My Dream Event...

I lost my mom at a very young age. When my daughter and granddaughter moved half way around the world...I would (and still do ) ask my mom to watch over them and keep them safe. When I passover, I want to be held by her again and say “Thank-You!”

As for an event, BriarRose,...I'm a musician and singer and I wish for an event where I could preform one time...just one time...without being sooooooo nervous!! I'd love to do my solo's with all the confidence that “heaven” can give...and to sing in a “Heavenly Choir”...well...that would be...Heaven!!! :angel:

9. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Here's a question for those who can see ghosts and spirits, etc. When you go to a sports event, concert, etc. are there lot's of ghosts/spirits there? I've read more than once that schools are "ghost magnets" because the kids have so much energy and some are able to see the ghosts and spirits.

10. BriarRose

I've read the same thing, Argonne, although the list I found included law offices, air terminals, and the dentist's office! The thinking was that spirits are drawn to areas of strong energy and emotion. Logically, concerts and sporting events would fit into that category. I don't have a personal experience, though.

Aelfgyva, it would be a dream come true if I could give a heavenly concert. I have performed in "Little Theater" productions, but as an actress, not a singer. It would be wonderful to sing for an audience, and have them be pleased.

I once saw a Public Television production where living blues performers "jammed" with some of the "Greats" who had already passed on. It was artfully done, and made a "concert that never was" possible.

I would love to see "one man shows" where people like Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde talk about their earthly lives.

11. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I would like to meet my maternal great grandfather, because it has been a life long search trying to find out something about him. I want to know something about him.

I'd also like to meet my maternal grandmother, because she committed suicide when I was 4 1/2 and, even though I was raised by her for awhile, I don't remember her at all.

As for famous, I'd love to meet Edgar Cayce.

12. argonne1918

I wonder how many school ghosts are deceased relatives of the students? Interesting that you as an introvert liked being in stage productions.

13. BriarRose

I know, argonne. It is strange. I got good reviews, suffered absolutely no stage fright, and enjoyed the whole experience. I have read that some fine actors are introverted, and they feel less pressure playing a role than "performing" as themselves.

Meeting the soul who was Edgar Cayce would be amazing, Misty. I wonder if some of the people we admire are incarnate at the moment, and how much of our energy always stays on the "other side"?

14. argonne1918

Maybe you've done it before.

15. BriarRose

It's possible. I have had hints of a life during the times of Shakespeare, and Marlow, but nothing concrete enough to post about. I fear confabulating, just as many other posters do. Several people thought that I'd been on stage many times before, and they were kind enough to ask why I didn't make it a career. The obvious answer would be that I was an actor, just in another lifetime.

16. Axes

Axes New Member

a while ago, when i was learning about introversion and extraversion, i found that there are quite a few actors and actresses who are (very) introverted. at first, this struck me as strange, but i suppose it makes sense if you consider that acting is about creativity (related just as much to introversion as extraversion)

on a sidenote... i was devastated to hear this morning that Philip Seymour Hoffman has died. such a gifted actor....

17. argonne1918

He was also a heroin addict. They found the needle in his arm and several bags of heroin in the apartment. Many celebrities can't handle the sudden fame and wealth.

18. Axes

Axes New Member

yes. i was aware of this.

19. happiboo

happiboo New Member

who do you want to meet in heaven?

I recently lost my mother on Christmas morning and miss her so much. I am new to this forum and so am getting familiar with learning about past lives. I want to beleive that one day I will see my mother again. I have tried getting her to communicate with me and nothing has happened. I do have an experience in the past where I witnessed my mother being hypnotized and she recalled past lives. It was amazing and will go further into details later as I become more familiar with this forum. How can I be sure my mother will reincarnate? I prayed she would and in a dream I saw a vision of a baby boy with curly hair and light complexion, beautiful baby. When I told my grown daughter about this she said "OMG I have been having reacurring dreams of that same baby and did not know why". Could this be my mother trying to tell us she is going to be reincarnated in that baby? My daughter is still in child bearing years but had made a decision years ago of not having any more children so I am confused why her and I saw this image of a baby in our dreams?

20. argonne1918

Welcome to the group. I think everyone reincarnates whether we want to or not. Yes, it does sound like she might be coming back to your family. Time will tell. Have you read any books on reincarnation? Carol Bowman has two that are very good. "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven". Also read "Soul Survivor" by the Leningers.

21. Axes

Axes New Member

Apart from St. Paul...

and a couple of other famous people... John Lennon.

22. BriarRose

Why John Lennon, Axes? What do you admire about him? I will confess that I met Paul McCartney often in my dreams, when I was 14. ;)

23. argonne1918

Probably you and a million other teenage girls. I think TODAY is the 50th anniversary of their arrival in New York. Sunday night will be the 50th anniversary of their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show (in black and white). Mr. Sullivan must have felt like he was inside a tornado!

24. BriarRose

Yes, me, and at least a million others! Each Beatle had their own devoted coterie of screaming teen girls. ;)

25. Axes

Axes New Member

it's not about what i admire - a lot of people can create wonderful music

he just always struck me as a person who could use some kind attention

26. BriarRose

That's a very kind thought, Axes. We forget that celebrities are human, often as flawed as we are, and don't have "perfect" lives. I hope you get the chance to meet him, in due course.

27. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

When I am to pass away in this lifetime; hopefully not executed this time, I'd have no desire to go to heaven until I first comfort my family living or visiting the household before making my next rounds up in heaven.

However, there are so many people I'd like to meet like the lord. reunite with my family up in heaven even my Spirit Guide. There is also this desire to reunite with the commonly named Jesus.

28. Factsofpast

Factsofpast New Member

All of the horses I have lost.
    But espacially my first lessonhorse who passed away in 2019 he was my favourite horse.
    He passed away in october but I found out about it around christmas on facebook.

29. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Senior Member

I want to see Jose Rizal and how he is really killed. A lot of mystery about this guy.

30. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

DKing, Funny in that I too had a NDE many years ago that forever changed my life and how I view reality here in the physical plane as soul. As I understand when we cross over we generally gravitate to a sub plane within the astral world where we resonate with other souls of like mind and heart. It would be hard for me to choose who to meet first since I have lost so many people in my life that I loved and cared for who now live on the other side of the veil. At times I feel left behind. However if push came to shove I would really love to see my mom again. She was not only my mother in this life but also my best friend. I look forward to seeing everyone that was apart of my soul group again. I had a dream about this once but that is another story to tell later.

Thanks for the question it was a really good one.

Love and peace.

Polaris

Susie C likes this.