• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Average past lives.

Aah...another zombie topic.

Personally I see nothing glamorous about my past lives briski. Also my current life was just as 'glamorous' as my pls. While I don't dismiss all FPL claims I have a hard time believing that an FPL is now Bob the binman who never did anything of note. Most of my soul group are still prominent and those that aren't have dealt with or touched prominence in their current lives.

Some members say we live to extreme opposites in our various lives. I find this to be both true and untrue. I wasn't lauded as a hero when I was younger in my current life, I was an all singing all dancing hobo. The total opposite to my last lionised life...yet I find the similarities are striking. In both lives I used guerilla warfare tactics to beat those more powerful than me. In both lives I used conflict as a political weapon and on and on.

So my question is where are all the FPL claimants who have done prominent things in their current lives? Am I the only one?

So my question is where are all the FPL claimants who have done prominent things in their current lives? Am I the only one?
You mean perhaps that you have a hypothesis (regarding the nature of reincarnation and FPL), and are looking for evidence in support of it? Maybe if such evidence is not forthcoming, the hypothesis needs to be reconsidered.

Yes Speedwell. I just know that from my own reincarnation and life experience that my soul group members have incarnated into comparable situations to their past lives and this includes positions of prominence and/or influential actions. Granted that only means that I know of five individual souls that have reincarnated in this manner but I'm constantly surprised by all the FPL claimants who are living average lives currently. To the best of my knowledge I've never lived an average life.

How can I reconsider what I've experienced when nobody can even prove a past life claim let alone an FPL? If our souls do indeed manifest our lives is it not conceivable that fame or influence would be a manifestation over multiple lives and not merely isolated to just one life as the majority of FPL claimants seem to imply?

I never thought Queen Nerfertiti was beautiful briski. She's too skinny. A bird like that needs feeding.

Also, does the fact that that lady spent £200,000 on her face strengthen her claim?;)

Semi-famous Past Lifer here. I am not extremely open about it either here or in real life, but a couple of people here knew who I am by what I did say.

Anyway! I have a take on it that few of you may have considered. Perhaps a person who reincarnates is naturally very good at something? This often translates into becoming famous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop reading here unless you are interested in my ramblings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know anyone else's experiences, but the theory explains the ups and downs in my lives, anyway. I have been both famous and not famous at all. In the lives where I was somewhat or very famous, I have largely commanded cavalry, later mechanized infantry and tanks. Once I had a life where I ended up fighting as line infantry. No outstanding success nor fame. Hopefully time is linear and I will not reincarnate into that role ever again. Life as an infantryman in Napoleon's Grande Armée was hell.

Anyway, when I fight as cavalry, tanker or irregular infantry (and when I give the orders), I tend to outmanouvre the enemy and attack them brutally where and when they do not expect it - with a locally superior force - which often translates into winning. Or, if I have had very heavy armor, such as spanish knights or tanks, simply crush them. I have never had any civilian fame whatsoever, and if I survive my designated conflict, regardless of fame, I tend to die from being fat, old or by some kind of disease. I was even a bit senile, once. Not always, though. I often die violently.

Thing is, though, I have a very niched kind of skill set which largely has to do with how my mind works. I have used it in peace time training to great effect in this life, but no wars thus far. Less fame than in some lives, so far. Any fame I have had in this life has all been media-related. I occasionally write for a living. Nowadays, I only do so part-time, because I hate attention and controversy. I have withdrawn to my farm on purpose, because I do not want to be entangled in pointless politics and unable to prepare for whatever chaos is coming. I seem to be forgotten, and I like it that way. My gut feeling is that the world as we know it will collapse. Could be tomorrow or in a decade, I just know it is coming. In that time, my main purpose in this life awaits. My purpose until then, is to be prepared to face the death of an age. Both personally prepared and in the sense that I will be able to field a locally superior force in defense, the which I think I have the basis for already. Fame is not necessary, it has always been a byproduct of doing what must be done. If I survive the fighting this time, I will go back to my farm and grow my potatoes in peace, if possible. I might get into pig farming, make my own bacon and get fat. Also, I would like to have a whole rugby team of children and be as good of a father as I can be. Hopefully they will bury me on my farm and raise a rune stone with a good story or two on it. Kind of old-fashioned, but it's how I want it to end, ideally speaking. Fame? No need. I just need to win and survive, have my potatoes and bacon, raise a bunch of fine kids and be buried under a rune stone, on a knoll of my choosing.

If I do end up in some stupid history book, I hope that we win and the other side won't get to paint me as some monster just because I made life more difficult for them. The main reason that I don't like people is that they often lie a lot and treat others unfairly.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree that there is a collapse already underway though a slow one that has slowly been picking up pace like a sinking ship where only towards the end does it become obvious. I hope that it doesn't end up setting us back into the dark ages again where the technical progress and information is lost forever.

I absolutely agree that there is a collapse already underway though a slow one that has slowly been picking up pace like a sinking ship where only towards the end does it become obvious. I hope that it doesn't end up setting us back into the dark ages again where the technical progress and information is lost forever.

Last time it set us back to the dark ages, we lost a lot of knowledge. Although the human race wasnt quite so spread out globally like it is now

That's part of what I was trying to convey Ritter. I only ever got famous in multiple lives for being good at fighting. I stopped fighting in my current life so that explains my lack fame right now...yet I've still dealt with our 'betters' in my current life. I would expect an FPL claimant to have done something comparable in their current lives...because I have. Talents carry over in my experience.

If you look at it from a point of nature and not as a human who wants to go to the stars like in Star Trek, isn't a reset kind of what we need in order to not destroy this planet further? I am not quite sure that we are done yet. Done as in ready to go out there amongst the stars, and doubtless other sentient species. But I guess that really isn't anywhere near staying on topic. I can't decide what to want. But then again, it isn't up to me. I think a lot can be preserved if we keep the knowledge alive.

If you look at it from a point of nature and not as a human who wants to go to the stars like in Star Trek, isn't a reset kind of what we need in order to not destroy this planet further? I am not quite sure that we are done yet. Done as in ready to go out there amongst the stars, and doubtless other sentient species. But I guess that really isn't anywhere near staying on topic. I can't decide what to want. But then again, it isn't up to me. I think a lot can be preserved if we keep the knowledge alive.

There already has been enough resets in times past and those times were not primitive as some were far more advanced than our current times, the last big one got taken out around 12,000-13,000 years ago give or take partly by a comet impact.

There already has been enough resets in times past and those times were not primitive as some were far more advanced than our current times, the last big one got taken out around 12,000-13,000 years ago give or take partly by a comet impact.

Ah. I am aware that human history at least isn't what they say it is. That is pretty obvious to anyone who is inquisitive enough. It's a really tricky subject, though. No knowing what is true and what isn't.

Like a recovering alcoholic, I think I'm living this life pretty quiet to get over the last ones... this is much needed therapy and rehab. Was reading what someone said in this thread way back about there not being many Joe Schmoe lives here on the forum, and I'd agree, accept I think the Joe Schmoe events of life are the blessed things we don't have to remember because they caused little trauma in the psyche. I do recall a few little pleasant memories of my last life, such as fishing with my brother, and seeing my kids dressed up as cowboys -- wish I had more of those memories to be honest. I'd say those of us who remember prominent events from other lives do so because we were left scarred and need to heal. And I can't imagine that throughout history a soul would not escape tragedy in some way or form, which would essentially come to the surface if it was left unresolved enough to be affecting the present life. Most folks don't have past life memories, but most folks have some issue to deal with in their current lives. Therefore I can say that pretty much everyone has experienced trauma, but maybe not significant enough to have to go and remember the true source, which could be a past life.

I think it's often the case that most folks don't live extraordinary lives, but do get tangled up in extraordinary events which then causes a lasting impression. Heck from this life if I was looking back I'd recall probably a few things that would be 'dramatic' such as living in a foreign country, being so frigging lonely half my life, and also nearly dying after having my kids, one from a pulmonary embolism, the other from an haemorrhage. Nobody on this planet can escape some drama. Even an hermit could have a bomb drop on his home.

I fully agree, landsend. And something else, if you have been involved in war or have been close to a famous person or such of course these memories are much more likely to be triggered. Today we´re surrounded by media -- if there´s a deep trauma somewhere buried inside you it is likely to show up. I too feel like being on rehab, I can tell! Even more so, as I lately recall I could have had some drug abuse issues too in that last life of mine. Today I hardly drink any alcohol and I don´t smoke, no other drugs here at all. I wondered if you have had any of that experiences too, landsend, since having been in Vietnam and later on, to go on with your life?

Landsend, I do agree, I feel like this life too is a "time out". I got a conversation on my profile about something I said in my research thread about why I thought I was born in the US to "be safe" and it was to the tune of how great China is now.

I said I simply came from a different time; China was being ravaged by competing warlord factions and assaulted by Japan and foreign powers. Me and my family were simply thrown about in the mix, as power changed hands over and over and many of us died directly or indirectly from those events. I can say that we safely and comfortably lived out communism and the cold war here.

I think there's a lesson and an adjustment here, in that power is no longer simply transfer ed along family lines and I think that's a good thing. We're just here to rest and get our bearings.

I may not be "famous" anymore, but my father is still quite wealthy and having grow up around the rich, I can tell you, it's not fun; very few rich families are stable. Mine isn't one of them and probably never has been. What it takes to get, create and hold onto wealth is often more than what a family can endure. Look at both ends of the spectrum.. rich and poor. Take the money away and they're quite similar.. deep, unacknowledged emotional issues, depression, anger, substance abuse and dependence.Sure those are stereo types, but they exist for a reason. Money makes things easier, but not better. I've seen my share of messed up rich kids and family members and seen enough of the same thing in my wife's poor family to know there's little difference.

There's nothing wrong with being average. It's healthier, more stable and happier, overall I think.

Having a FPL, can be a curse. It's like constantly being at your own funeral and in my case, all anyone talks about is the tabloid, media biased versions of our lives, when anyone with an internet connection can google or baidu us and find out the truth in the form of interviews and books. I've found it frustrating, but I've learned to let it go.

The only good thing, to me, about a FPL is the amount of material I can verify my life with. IT's helped tremendously with understanding myself and my family. I've grown in leaps and bounds being able to see my family in their past lives and context.

For instance, I used to have a really bad relationship with my sister in this life. I always thought she was the typical rich girl, shallow, needy, vain etc. In her past life, she was my brother, who was frustrated and angry, because of the literal princess I was. In this life, she wanted to have and eat the cake as well and she did for many years and we never got along. However in this life, I think she realized that such things are empty and shallow and she's seen that I was never like that to begin with. I honestly think now, she shes me as the person I am and not the "figure" from my past life. I've honestly felt sad for him .. living in my shadow, when I had the attention I never even wanted in the first place.

I bring that up because it's one of the many ways I've healed and matured grown as a person. We're just people.. we love, fight with each other, get frustrated, learn new things we never knew or understood about each other before.

Last edited:
Having a FPL, can be a curse. It's like constantly being at your own funeral and in my case, all anyone talks about is the tabloid, media biased versions of our lives, when anyone with an internet connection can google or baidu us and find out the truth in the form of interviews and books. I've found it frustrating, but I've learned to let it go.
Getting at the truth can be a difficult thing indeed. To give an example, I've always been fascinated with the story (real life existence) of Joan of Arc (Jeanne D'Arc). In her case there is specific information in the form of written transcripts of her trial. But how they are understood varies enormously, they keep being interpreted and re-interpreted in terms of the fashionable beliefs of the day. I saw one tv programme recently on her life, which was quite thorough, and the angle, a legitimate one, was to present her as a woman of significance, in a series about various other historical females. But what was missing was any attempt to understand the spirituality, the powerful internal experiences were neglected. The reason in my opinion was that the narrator simply had no concept of those ideas, spiritual experience meant nothing and hence could not be considered as part of the story.

This is an ever-present problem. Attempting to understand others, whether in the present day or in the past often falls short simply because we find it difficult or impossible to place ourselves in the mindset of the other person, to see and experience the world through their eyes. Instead we get spin and attempts to contort and squeeze things until they fit within a particular keyhole.

I sometimes *can* place myself in the mindset of past time people... better than I would like to. Probably means no more and no less than a) in one of my past lives I have lived in the same era and country or in a time and place with a similar common (non)sense and b) in one of my past lives I have encountered similar patterns.

I sometimes *can* place myself in the mindset of past time people... better than I would like to. Probably means no more and no less than a) in one of my past lives I have lived in the same era and country or in a time and place with a similar common (non)sense and b) in one of my past lives I have encountered similar patterns.

I think in general, it's very hard to relate to someone in a sort of meta way and take into account their personality, the times they lived in and what circumstances that would bring as well. I agree too that having many past lives probably does help with the ability to put yourself in other's shoes!

Getting at the truth can be a difficult thing indeed. To give an example, I've always been fascinated with the story (real life existence) of Joan of Arc (Jeanne D'Arc). In her case there is specific information in the form of written transcripts of her trial. But how they are understood varies enormously, they keep being interpreted and re-interpreted in terms of the fashionable beliefs of the day. I saw one tv programme recently on her life, which was quite thorough, and the angle, a legitimate one, was to present her as a woman of significance, in a series about various other historical females. But what was missing was any attempt to understand the spirituality, the powerful internal experiences were neglected. The reason in my opinion was that the narrator simply had no concept of those ideas, spiritual experience meant nothing and hence could not be considered as part of the story.

This is an ever-present problem. Attempting to understand others, whether in the present day or in the past often falls short simply because we find it difficult or impossible to place ourselves in the mindset of the other person, to see and experience the world through their eyes. Instead we get spin and attempts to contort and squeeze things until they fit within a particular keyhole.

I think quite easily it's a form of confirmation bias, in that people let the facts support the version of the person in question they agree with, either personally, historically or culturally or some combination of all.

In my past two lives, I know from the body of evidence, when compared to mine now, I'm the same person. I have very intense eyes and my female, Chinese life, was described as being mean or bitchy looking and that's the way she was portrayed in movies and TV shows and there's plenty of contradictory evidence from those worked for her. You can buy their autobiographies on Amazon.

However, in contrast, my male past life was describe as having a gaze that shone that with the power of a 1,000 suns and the foreigners that met him, averted their eyes and dared not look directly at him. Because it fit people's perception of him being a powerful ruler. In both cases they were anything but authoritative, autocratic, intense and or mean. I think the issue here is clearly just a sexist view point.

The issue is, like you were saying, people just leave out things that that don't support their point of view or that they don't understand. Or they may go the other way and misinterpret them completely and use it to distort their understanding.

Absolutely, Speedwell. We look back only with a modern perspective and get all sorts of things wrong. We who have lived through those past times simply can't explain to people 'It wasn't like that!' This is my point about trashing all 'Nazis'. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, maybe, but it's a dangerous thing too.

I had been reading through some of the discussion threads around the Nazis as well. I grew up in post war America and for the most part, there was a collective fear about autocratic governments that was oversimplified to "Nazis". A large majority of Americans were from immigrant families who had escaped Russia, Italy and Germany. Knee deep in the cold war, the horrors of Stalin's Russia, the holocaust and the Khmer Rouge were still very fresh in people's minds and as I said, sadly, Nazis became the mascot for such atrocities. Just a side note, I find it interesting here that the Japanese occupation and quite equal torture and murder of the Chinese is never recognized in any of these contexts.

Long story short, my childhood was filled with movies and TV shows where swastikas were simply used as a metaphor for evil. I would never dream of using the word Nazi to describe anyone. I would maybe reserve that for some of the higher leaders and hard line party members, but never to describe a German citizen, member of the Wehrmacht, Kriegsmarine or anything else. We have no way of knowing what their feelings and thoughts were towards the party ideals and it goes without saying, for any rational adult, that most, if not all, the people of Germany were simply not aligned with the eugenics and racial purity ideals. They were simply victims of the Gesellschaft and Zeitgeist and were afraid of being singled out. We can take pity on the common Russians who feared for their lives from the KGB, but we just assume that the Gestapo was only for the Jewish? This is simply not true, a fallacy and an glaring oversight.

I don't wish to offend anyone by saying this, but I went to a Holocaust museum here and I'll never return. Yes, what happened to the Jews was horrible and we need to be vigil that something that like never happens again, but at most of the museums I've been to, all of the millions of other "undesirables" are simply not mentioned in any of these places. The gypsies, Jehovah witnesses, homosexuals, artists, musicians, authors, photographers and many other peoples that simple "went away" because someone decided they simply didn't like them, were swept under the rug and forgotten and I don't agree with this. You can't just tell one side of history because it agrees with a popular narrative.

Many years ago, I walked out of the movie enemy at the gates. Mainly because it wasn't very good, but also because the Germans soldiers in it were depicted as if they came to life and walked out of US anti German propaganda posters. The movie was full of sneering, soured faces sitting behind machine guns and atop half tracks. The director made a point to frame them like the posters and I didn't agree with that either, so I left.

Although I have no connections to Germany, I love it too and I know it wasn't like that either. As far as I'm concerned, everyone has the right to be proud of their heritage, past life and military service. I find it quite sad that we still have such a myopic view of things. No one's suffering is more valid than the other's, ever. Thinking that we've cornered the market on it, closes our hearts and minds to the greater spiritual reality that well all share.

Last edited:
The Japanese? Their historical voracious appetite for racial superiority is something that's never been addressed. Their casual cruelty eclipses anything the Germans have ever done. We're kind of comparing apples to oranges though.. The Germans simply used eugenics and racism as a cathartic scapegoat, in the wake of WWI, that had the added bonus of being able to throw anyone else in they didn't want around and it was instituted at a higher level of government, that the average citizen most likely did not participate in.

The Japanese in contrast, had their superiority embedded deep within the cultural level. The average German soldier would most likely not mistreat a constituent of an occupied city or town, much like their US counterparts, but the Japanese had no issue of making examples of them for even minor infractions or displays of "disrespect". They openly held slaves, executed people publicly and hung bodies as warnings. In fact, there's a photo of a solider using a Chinese body for bayonet practice, near Tianjin, my hometown, on Wikipedia, that I found when I went to cross reference some facts.

Again, in contrast, for the Germans, it was instituted at a very high level to the point of being an industrial process. For the Japanese, it was very personal and on the level of individual people. yet the German citizens and soldiers tend to bear all of the blame and even though the Nuremberg trials were quite famous, there's very few Western people that were even aware that Japanese war crimes trials were held. My husband was present to testify at them ( I was dead by this time) about the treatment we received during the occupation. One of the books about us I read, was by an author and reporter that was present at the trials and it was so racially tinged, it was anything but credible.

The lens of history really is quite cruel and unfair. It even bothers me that now, that while we're in the middle east, which has quite a few human rights violations of its own, soldiers are still considered baby killers because of drone strikes that had nothing to do with them. Despite the good the average solider has probably done in some Afghan village, they're blamed for the actions of a few and these same people have the gall to then turn around and promote feminism and other causes in a country that is relatively free of the horrors that still go on in the rest of the world, which they turn a blind eye too.

I don't get it.. we're not where we need to be, as human beings or spiritual ones.

Back