• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Imprints

Kyla,

I don't know if it ever does us any good to think someday life may be easier. The best we can do is live in the now, take care of things now, make a little progress one day at a time instead of overwhelming ourselves with thinking life would be more worthwhile, if...

But that's the zen student in me coming out! ;)

As for finding that imprints shape our present health:

I have found that is true for me, and is actually a relief for me. I know what to look for now. Sometimes imprints cause symptoms to pop up without known causes, and baffle doctors, making them tend to think we are making the symptoms up, and frustrating us. If we know what might be behind the symptoms, we may be able to find a relief for our illnesses that traditional Western medicine cannot give us.

If imprints trigger the actual illnesses, we are not doomed to repeat history. It may be awareness can help us change the course of a disease.

If we are not aware of the past causes, then I feel we are placed in the position of looking at the problem in a new way, for a reason. Perhaps if we were aware, we would not take a fresh approach to the problem.

Sandra

I have thought about this one a lot Deborah!
There are so many things that still affect me today...
i have great difficulty in the 'womanly area' :laugh: it's not just bad... i have blacked out from lack of iron and too many pills (used for the pain... and since i had irregular ones) and it got so bad at some points that i remember during a black out begging with 'god' to let me live... one time i blacked out eight times within ten minutes... and no one was home to hear me fall... i almost died ( I know it sounds kinda silly) that day... and i know it...

other things include addictions and habits... i bite my nails like mad, have had many pill popping problems (and i'm young!)... alcohol addictions... these are all carried on from past lives... and feel so scarily familiar...

As for mental illness... i have extremely high anxiety at times... and am always nervous/anxious... a closer friend had diagnosed me as Skitzophranic... but she's not a doctor, so i'm not... also, i'm always sick... i'm the typhoid mary (as my doctor called me) the one always catching the sicknesses first and spreading them... i also suffer from major headaches at sometimes... and am always trying to lock myself in my room when anyone (even if i slightly know them) that isn't my friend that i invited comes over... i have a high social anxiety yet am a social 'butterfly' (it works very oddly according to where and when and what mood i'm in...)

a lot i get from my last two lifetimes in this area...

elese said:
I have thought about this one a lot Deborah!
There are so many things that still affect me today...
i have great difficulty in the 'womanly area' :laugh: it's not just bad... i have blacked out from lack of iron and too many pills (used for the pain... and since i had irregular ones) and it got so bad at some points that i remember during a black out begging with 'god' to let me live... one time i blacked out eight times within ten minutes... and no one was home to hear me fall... i almost died ( I know it sounds kinda silly) that day... and i know it...

other things include addictions and habits... i bite my nails like mad, have had many pill popping problems (and i'm young!)... alcohol addictions... these are all carried on from past lives... and feel so scarily familiar...

As for mental illness... i have extremely high anxiety at times... and am always nervous/anxious... a closer friend had diagnosed me as Skitzophranic... but she's not a doctor, so i'm not... also, i'm always sick... i'm the typhoid mary (as my doctor called me) the one always catching the sicknesses first and spreading them... i also suffer from major headaches at sometimes... and am always trying to lock myself in my room when anyone (even if i slightly know them) that isn't my friend that i invited comes over... i have a high social anxiety yet am a social 'butterfly' (it works very oddly according to where and when and what mood i'm in...)

a lot i get from my last two lifetimes in this area...

Elese, I can realte to everything you wrote, It was like you were writing about me ha ha :laugh:

I am on the pill now to control my problems with the "womanly area" (great name for it lol) but it took a long time to find one which worked, and they are still so painful I am layed up in bed for a week. The main thing is the fainting has stopped.

I am 19 and have had addictions to alcohol, drugs (I nearly died from a heroine overdose) sex : angel I have often wondered if any of this is past life related. I don't remember many past lives, and those which I do remember - I don't have any of these problems in them. Maybe It is all present life stuff :confused:

Also the social anxiety, I really suffer from it. I stay in the huse for days on end without going outside. Sometimes my family or friends can manage to drag me out somewhere, but I just feel dizzy from it all, when i get home, I'm so drained i have to sleep for hours. I am on medication for it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Thia could be past life related too, or maybe I just have to accept that I'm a strange person :rolleyes:

yeah... they put me on the pill for it... which seemed to regulate them a bit (even now that i'm off it)... but does nothing for pain. and with my luck, i turned out to have an allergic reaction where i got this terribly itchy rash for 5 months (we didn't know what it was from...) so yeah...

Bessie,
have you ever considered that maybe you need to recall these lives that are more related to yours? i wonder if that's why you are down the same path (if they are indeed pl related). that's what happened in my case anyways, and although it didn't help 100%, knowing about these problems and there root causes can be helpful.

I've lived in the part of the country that has very cold winters. It seems odd that if the temp were to get to -80 with wind chill that I'm fine. Cold, but find. And yet if it were to get to the 20's...not at all sure of the exact temp...I'm broadsided.

In my last life I died at sea in frigid water. To this day, if the temp seems to be around that temp in the water I can't get warm no matter what. I've spent hours under layers of blankets and still been cold. It makes no sense to me.

A friend of mine once said that it's similar to muscle memory. Only in this case, it's temp related and connected to a memory. She said that it's a part of a highly emotional event that a re-occuring temp would bring the physical characteristics back. I guess it's like how a smell can bring you back.

Sea-horse

This is something I've often thought about too.

I mentioned somewhere a dream that I had of being a young man who was stabbed to death. In the dream, I was walking away from some kind of carnival where I had taken on a professional prize fighter and had badly hurt my right wrist, making me unable to defend myself properly.
In this life, around the age of puberty I started having a great deal of pain in my right wrist, which came and went for a while and at one point became so bad that I missed many of my final exams at school, being unable to hold a pen.
When I was 18 my old art teacher got me some work designing a pack of Tarot Cards for a guy who did astrology and spiritual healing. The first thing he did was offer to heal my wrist. It worked too, I had no further problems until my first trip abroad with my fella to Spain about eight years ago, exactly ten years later. Two years ago I was diagnosed with arthritis in that wrist.

The other thing involves the actress from the 20's I've been researching. I've always had chest problems, recurrent bronchitis throughout childhood, and have always had a great fear of suffocation. I used to dream about not being able to breathe. I developed athsma later on. (that's most likely because I started smoking when I was 21, I'll never quite figure out why..I felt like that was something I'd done before too)

Well, when I started researching Olive I wrote down a list of things I felt I remembered about her which might be relevant to my life now, before I went looking for the evidence.

That she smoked, that she lost her father when she was young (something I was terrified of from earliest memories right up until actually losing him when I was 16), that she never had kids although she had desperately wanted them, and that she had lost absolutely everything and almost everyone in her life by the time she died, (I've always been deathly scared of debt and of having no home, my only debt in this life is my mortgage, the only thing I'd GET into debt for, a house of my own which noone can take away from me.. :rolleyes: )

I later found out she died from what's variously described as "heart and lung ailments" "pneumonia", and/or "a stomach ailment". The actual obituaries from the time stress the chest problems more. She had become bankrupt despite investing money and working her socks off her whole life and had gone downhill from there. I was right about the children, and about losing her father, although she was tiny when hers died in a car accident, and recently have been given a load of pics of her, several of which show her smoking.
I suspect she suffered from some kind of eating disorder too but I haven't any evidence yet, other than possibly the stomach ailment thing, whch could have been a symptom. I found a photograph of her on her death bed, which was heart rending and filled me with anger at her mother, the only person she had left, also pictured...

I'll shut up now! : angel

Dawnxx

As far as ailments go -- I know that in at least two lives I died from chest ailments -- and in my present life, whenever I get a cold it triggers a full-scale asthma attack. It's not triggered by anything other than a chest cold, and I don't take any meds for it. It was much worse when I was a small child between the ages of 4 and 10, and in the last few years I haven't needed medical attention at all. :thumbsup:

Ailish

For some time I've felt that it's past life-linked how when it's very cold, my feet and toes get the coldest and most uncomfortable, and first, due to the lack of proper shoes in the camps, let alone how most people didn't even have socks. Any other medical or health problems I've had are up in the air, without any known ideas of what links they might or might not have to any past lives, such as how I was constantly getting strep throat when I was six years old or how I've had eczema since I was a baby. I also, starting when I was in seventh or eighth grade, used to have strange periodic pain in one of my legs (I can't even remember which one).

It's interesting for me to note -- that many of my pl memories include not being able to breath.

At times this has come from illness, at other times from drowning, from having collapsed lungs, and more recently I've connected the smoke and particles in the air from the bombs in WWI Italy to my asthma -- as being a possible contributor. ;)

Ailish

Ailish said:
I've connected the smoke and particles in the air from the bombs in WWI Italy to my asthma -- as being a possible contributor.

This is interesting to read. In my previous life my lungs would have been incinerated by volcanic ash when I was caught in the path of a pyroclastic eruption.....and now in my present life I too suffer with asthma.

Here are some things that might be past life related, or just weird things about me ;) :

1. I'm not really sure how to describe this first one, it sounds kind of weird. There is a part of my left arm that just won't grow any hair at all. There is just a bald spot there. I don't sleep on it or anything which is why I'm not sure if its past life related. I think in my last life I died of cancer maybe it could be a sign of the treatment?

2. I have always had aches and pains in my knees and my back. I think this comes from many different wars I have fought in.

3. I'm not sure if this belongs in this topic as an imprint but I have always had a fear of any kind of contact in my eyes.

4. None of my family members have very hairy legs, but I have the hairiest legs anyone has ever seen. Its extremely weird because I'm not a hairy person at all. Does anyone know of any nationalities that are hairier by nature?

ive always wondered if my back problems were caused by a past life problem...i remember being shot in the back while running through the jungle...but thats another life or story...i thought my back problems were caused by a fall on a trampoline when i was 13 but it was never looked at or xrayed til several years later...it showed that my lower spine has an extra vertebrae and was twisted on the lower half....ive had back problems and ruptured discs throughout my whole life since then and this past year have become almost disabled due to hip problems caused by my back...my left hip had dropped three inches due to a ruptured disc that refused to heal...at least thats what the dr's said...chiropractors moved my hip bones back up three inches and now my muscles are healing up...walking is pretty difficult...

im starting to feel like this will never heal up, teh disc is fixed but my hip is soooo slowwww to heal...now im wondering if it truly was caused by the fall on teh trampoline or if these problems were carried over...or if i chose these problems for myself before this life...its just interesting to think about...in the meantime i continue to work fulltime, raise my kids and make the accommodations needed to do so while not traumatizing my hip and muscles too much...

its frustrating that im not disabled enough to be considered handicapped...and not well enough to be considered healthy...anyhow, just thinking aloud

For many years I was plagued with headaches. Mind-bending, head-splitting headaches. And although I've known about past lives since time immemorial, for some reason, I didn't connect this pain to something from the past. Then, sometime within the last ten years ago, I started being able to actually tune in to the countless times I've lived before and I actually found the incident when these originated -- I'll spare you the sordid details. Then, magically, they all but disappeared. I still get an occasional headache, but they're mild, almost inconsequential in comparison with what they were before. Wild.

This is my first posting ever anywhere, but here goes. Several years ago I had a sharp pain in my back near my shoulder blade. It felt like an icepick or knife. A few weeks later, while on vacation driving through the Smoky Mt. National Park, I had a sudden total feeling of depression. I actually just wanted to die. That night I experienced a dream about being a young woman in a cabin in the wilderness. My young husband had grown weary of trying to make a farm out of rock and hills and had gone off to fight Indians or some sort of conflict. He used this as an excuse to leave and find a more interesting life. I also knew he was never coming back. I knew that there were hostile Indians in the woods and so I took a bucket down to the stream in broad daylight, knowing the Indians would kill me, but anything was better than being alone for the rest of my life. I just wanted to die and I did, with an arrow in the back.

After this dream of my pl, I never had the pain again. It had done what was needed. My present husband was my husband in that life. We have a fantastic marriage and have been happy for 41 years so I guess we worked it out.

Hi Ufoeye and welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your pastlife memory with us.

Kind Regards

Kay

The only thing I remember about my last life is that I was tortured, & murdered.

Resulting from that, I do get pain from time to time on my chest, neck and head-for some reason the guy liked nails. (Although I believe my neck was torn and my lungs punctured, often I have the sensation of air blowing on my face when I have these pains on my neck/chest).

I have also noted an occasional sensation of my right earlobe being cut off, as if someone was using a scissor, but from a life I can't pinpoint (ie, not related to the life above). I have the impression it was my "punishment" for eavesdropping on someone.

Well, so far I couldn't recall anything specific about my past lives, but now that I've read this thread, I think I'll start to focus my search on some of the weird 'things' that are happening to me, they might be pl related.

For example a couple of years ago I started to have the symptoms that somebody above in the thread also said they were having, basically parts of my body started to itch suddenly, and I had small red bumps, like when bitten by mosquito. After few minutes those would go away, and later on would start elsewhere. I went to the doctor and he said I was having something called urticaria, and apparently there is no particular reason why this illness popps up and no real cure either. Of course he put it down to 'probably stress related'.

Then another weird thing which I haven't thought of until now, I know to swim but I can't put my head under the water no matter what. If water goes in my ears, I get very uncomfortable, but very. So right now I can only swim with my head above the water, which limits it for me coz how many types of swimming can one do with head above the water anyway? :rolleyes:

(Fancy seeing you here, Kislany--AEZ here. *lol*)

In my one pl, when I was a Quaker during the AM. Revolution, I remember being sent or told to go on a scouting mission down to New Orleans to get recruits, with a spy. I remember not being very comfortable in New Orleans, and wanting to get very far away from it as soon as possible. I also hated the swaps (bayous?)-because we had to go through them. This was about 200 years ago so there were LOTS of them, and there wasn't any other way to get to New Orleans except thru swamps and the Mississippi. I absolutely refused to go on a second trip then, and I won't now go there now.

I know that in that life, it was virtually impossible for me to go into New England (as a Quaker, especially as a female Quaker, I'd be hanged on the spot in N.E.), so I "finally" made it north of New York City a few years ago when I went to Canada. I know I haven't made it very far west (furthest point for me is Pittsburgh), so I really want to go across the Mississippi.

I have lots of memories from this life-so I won't clutter this thread up with that. ;)

Anaesthesia said:
I know that in that life, it was virtually impossible for me to go into New England (as a Quaker, especially as a female Quaker, I'd be hanged on the spot in N.E.), ...
Why would you have been killed for being a Quaker in new England?

:laugh: When I was a kid with severe allergies, my mom used to say I has lung patient... :laugh: I grew out of the worst of it by the time I got to be a teenager. :thumbsup:

But I have always had an on again and off again crick in my neck... Sometimes I joke and tell my husband, "See.. It's because I got caught stealing horses." ) Note that I wasn't sorry about it, just that I'd been caught. :laugh: The funny thing about that statement is that I'm lucky to know which end of a horse if the front and which is the back. :laugh: Knowing me, I'd probably do better riding that thing backwards anyway.. :laugh:

Another instance is my mom has this bad linp. Years ago, she walked into one of those New Age events and the lady running it, told my mom as she came in that she had been shot in the hip which is why she limped. My mom didn't believe her and left immediately. :laugh: SO a year or so later, we were just chatting and I blurted out, "See mom! You were a courier du bois and you were stealing our furs and Eddie (my brother) shot you as you were trying to paddle down the river around a curve!

I laughed and she just glowered at me. A year later, we were at an Edgar Cayce meeting kind of thing and there was a lady who could read people and she looked at my mom and hesitated about what she was going to say, Curious, I said, "What?"

She said, "Well you were a courier du bois in that life and,"

Superimposed over my mom was the image of this guy, dressed in a horrible black and red plaid jacket. (at least I still hate that style of plaid :laugh:) He had a knit hat pulled over one side, dark hair & eyes and was kneeling with one knee on the gravel and the other foot was poised to jump up and run. He was pulling in some kind of twined rope and looking furtively around.

At the exact instant the psychic lady was saying, "Oh my.. you are stealing someone's furs." I Laughed and blurted out, "See mom! I told you you stole our furs! Now you get us as your children!" :laugh:

She still gives me dirty looks for that one... :laugh:

I have recently experienced this. I had been 33 and had just moved into a new area. I have always had several allergies, but I moved to florida and now the season never ends, but still I have never had asthma. At 34 after being here a year, I began waking at the same hour every night(Actually early morning 2-3 am) And having severe chest pains and heaviness and inability to breathe. This happens between January and April every year up to and including this year(when I turned thirty six). But afterwards a couple of months later I started having dreams of being in a living unit(sort of like a barracks) with shower stalls, and they were dingy and scary I always felt fear as I neared them. And then one night after the dream I had an asthma attack also. And this was in June usually they stop by April. Well I started doing research about the holocaust. I knew I wasn't Jewish, but the pictures looked exactly like what I saw in my dreams. I also discovered that Gypsies were held in concentration camps and killed in the holocaust. I was always sure I had been a gypsy before this lifetime, Now I am sure I was one during the holocaust and that I must have died in my 36th year. But yet my subconcious remembers the feelings even before the memories(Dreams) came. Strangely, My Grandfather was a navy frogman during wwII And won a purple heart for his service, and I was always very close to my grandfather. Maybe he had something to do with setting free the rest of the peoplewas with there, some of them probably my family in that life;and that's why I was born into this family, who knows? Oh and he was German and fighting for the Americans, I'm sure there were plenty of germans who did join america's side, but I always thought that was neat.

An excellent thread for new members - :D

Your thoughts and reflections are welcome!

Aili

I saw an ancient lifetime in which my husband was away to fight a war. While he was gone enemy soldiers raided our village. With my husband and many of the men gone to fight the war, it was a massacre. I had an adolescent son who tried to defend us, but he was not skilled enough to fight the enemy and he was killed. I was trying to flee with my children, but I was caught by one of the enemy soldiers. He tried to rape me. I struck him across the face and tried to escape, but hitting him only angered him. He drew his blade and stabbed me in the back.

In this life I've had a persistent pain in my back. No stretching or adjustment would make it go away. After seeing this ancient life, it was gone. It hasn't bothered me since. :thumbsup: I've been hoping to have the same result with a chronic neck problem I have, but so far I've had no luck. :(

I've written about this before on another thread, but I recently had a vision (just upon awakening) of having a diseased hand, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if I had a PL where I suffered from leprousy. I actually like and care about people a lot, but I'm always thinking that they don't want to be around me at all, find me loathsome, etc ... I've *always* felt that way. And all the past lives I can remember have some sort of element of "exile" to deal with, though this always has to do with politics or trouble with the law, as is my current life (I've been a bit of a political pariah for the past few years). But the recent vision I've had and my lifelong reluctance to physically touch people makes me wonder if all this isn't grounded in some earlier lifetime as a leper.

Hi Jody

Ahhh...hug3.gif

Just remember and continue to affirm that those people around you who you feel do not want to get close to you are the ones in exile. And that leprosy now has a cure. I bet that is one reason you are so motivated towards changing things politically. IF only the world could use their wealth more wisely and give those people who could be helped with those drugs to cure their leprosy.

My prayers are with you.. :)

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and a slow working thyroid, as well as possible asthma and many sinus issues. In my last life I was a Holocaust victim experimented on.. and was injected with hormones, starved, and after surviving that I was gassed. The hormones were still in my body which explains the cause of my PCOS (and yes I had trouble getting pregnant but I did in the end), I obviously have metabolic issues because of being starved (and having food addiction issues is a psychological side issue from being starved.. yes my weight has always been a problem which I am determined to resolve in this lifetime) and my allergies and sinus issues are definitely residuals from being gassed..

I have quite a few issues that I am sure are past life related...

One is that I have an absolute phobia of getting sick. Even if I just have something stupid, like a cold, I completely freak out and have panic attacks, convinced I am going to die.

I suspect that I died of an illness (probably typhus) in a concentration camp in Germany (I think it was Bergen-Belsen). Also somewhat related to that, I have this uncontrollable habit of scratching my head, as if there were lice there- when I was in middle school the scratching got so bad that I used to get cuts and start bleeding.

Also, strangely enough, when I get really stressed I get an urge to smoke cigarettes, even though I absolutely detest them, and even the smell of them on the street makes my throat burn and I start coughing.

I also have a history of depression, anxiety, and recently, biploar disorder, and a lot of anxiety concerning food.

I have two things that could be imprints.

In the other life that I remember, my elbow was broken and my shoulder popped out when a soldier yanked it back really hard. I remember hearing the crack, not to mention the pain. In this life that same shoulder has been giving me problems for decades. The shoulder, elbow, and wrist all get what feels like electric shocks down them and my grip in that hand isn't anywhere nearly as good as the other one. That injury in my other life was one of the reasons I couldn't shoot back when I died (technically I would have died anyway even if I had shot back, waayyy outnumbered) I couldn't bend my arm. ( I had shot first to distract them from injuring someone else, but couldn't reload to fire back when the soldier came over)

Which leads to the 2nd imprint from how I died. I got shot in the face from about ten feet away. The bullet went in the inside corner of my left eye. This life I was born with a lazy eye in my left eye. It's still sore whenever I'm tired or sick and I know my other eye is the one doing most of the work.

Those are the only two big injuries I remember from that life so it's probably more than a coincidence that those areas are giving me problems in this life. They are like big reminders of those last few days back then.

This is a really interesting older thread, thought I'd bring it back to life for some of the newer members to see.

As my own example, for a large part of my life I've had attention on my heart. I try to avoid just thinking of everything as pl influenced (even though I think there is a lot of possible cause there I just try not to be fanciful) but one can't help making theories! Heart issues run in my family. My grandfather died of a heart attack and my own father came quite close. It's natural to be attentive, especially when heart disease is the number one cause of death for Americans, but it just feels so personal that I wonder if it goes a bit deeper for me. I have some sort of useless but common "Precordial Catch Syndrome" which produces chest pains. It's probably normal to be nervous of these even though they're unrelated to my heart, but at times throughout my years I've had some rather dark thoughts in which I'm quite convinced I'll die of a heart attack later in life. My attentions to this really flare up when I get stressed, but I've had these thoughts ever since I was a child. So I'm interested in finding out if there is any relevant past life event for that. It seems quite likely!

Outside of my own experiences which do include more than the above, I think there is a lot of truth to imprints, it seems to make a lot of rational sense and thinking to chalk all that up to just coincidence really makes me roll my eyes. Anyone else have something to add?

Back